ADVERTISEMENT

UAB nurses refusing to clock in (live video)

@Stumpfan you seem to be the covid czar around here, so help me iron this out. I understand from a messaging standpoint, we need to encourage everyone to get vaccinated whether you have had covid or not. That being said, those that are never going to consider the poke, they’re almost certainly going to get covid. From what little I’ve researched, they SHOULD get antibodies as good or better than the vaccine. All that being said, help me understand why this eventually won’t run its own course. In my simple mind, you’ll get antibodies one way or another, or you’ll die from your gamble.

@Stumpfan you seem to be the covid czar around here, so help me iron this out. I understand from a messaging standpoint, we need to encourage everyone to get vaccinated whether you have had covid or not. That being said, those that are never going to consider the poke, they’re almost certainly going to get covid. From what little I’ve researched, they SHOULD get antibodies as good or better than the vaccine. All that being said, help me understand why this eventually won’t run its own course. In my simple mind, you’ll get antibodies one way or another, or you’ll die from your gamble.

Yes, it will run its course due to delta being so contagious. All the vaccinated are doing us prolonging it. When I say vaccinated, I mean those that haven’t gotten Covid or the shots. We are at 75% of adults having at least one shot so we should get to 80% of adults fully vaccinated by early 2022. Also, kids under 12 should be able to start getting vaccinated in early 2022. Between 80% of adults getting shots plus many kids getting shots plus tons of adults and kids getting delta, I don’t see how this thing doesn’t get like the flu by summer. You’re going to have about 250 million with at least a shot next summer imo. I would think most of the rest of the 85 million left over will have had Covid. I just pray those in charge aren’t freaking about cases next summer when deaths and hospitalizations will be very low. We will be able to see our future in the UK, Denmark and other highly vaccinated countries way before then.

Also, my sis in law is a surgeon in the Air Force and they were given the vaccine much earlier than it’s was offered to the normal medical community & 1st responders.

Yeah, but that's the norm for any medicine/vaxx. Many drugs or therapies are first covered by medicaid/medicare after being used on the military. I'm vaxxed and all for it, but I completely understand why some people would rather wait for more/long-term data before putting something in their body....especially young women without kids. I do know of several myocarditis cases (locally) from the vaxx. I have a long family history with early heart issues, so I'm a little concerned now.

Reactions: warrech
Yes, it will run its course due to delta being so contagious. All the vaccinated are doing us prolonging it. When I say vaccinated, I mean those that haven’t gotten Covid or the shots. We are at 75% of adults having at least one shot so we should get to 80% of adults fully vaccinated by early 2022. Also, kids under 12 should be able to start getting vaccinated in early 2022. Between 80% of adults getting shots plus many kids getting shots plus tons of adults and kids getting delta, I don’t see how this thing doesn’t get like the flu by summer. You’re going to have about 250 million with at least a shot next summer imo. I would think most of the rest of the 85 million left over will have had Covid. I just pray those in charge aren’t freaking about cases next summer when deaths and hospitalizations will be very low. We will be able to see our future in the UK, Denmark and other highly vaccinated countries way before then.
Excellent. Something to look forward to.

I completely understand why some people would rather wait for more/long-term data before putting something in their body
I think if most people are honest, they do too. Now obviously there some bad actors who love to use that excuse, but I think majority are simply skeptical. J&J sold baby powder for years, knowing it had asbestosis in it. That’s one of the most fascinating things in all of this, for me. Big pharma has somehow became a savior, when they were built up to villains prior to all of this.

I think if most people are honest, they do too. Now obviously there some bad actors who love to use that excuse, but I think majority are simply skeptical. J&J sold baby powder for years, knowing it had asbestosis in it. That’s one of the most fascinating things in all of this, for me. Big pharma has somehow became a savior, when they were built up to villains prior to all of this.

Doesn’t big pharma sell ivermectin? The anti-body cocktail? Do you think Covid is safer than the vaccine? Wasn’t it created and possibly enhanced in a Chinese lab?

the truth is that big pharma creates safer/more natural drugs/therapies all the time that insurance companies refuse to cover. That forces them to go back to the drawing board or use older formulas. The people involved in big pharma think insurance companies are Nazis, while insurance companies think big pharma is greedy. We get what they meet in the middle about to use. So, it's not always the best option, but the only option.

Doesn’t big pharma sell ivermectin? The anti-body cocktail? Do you think Covid is safer than the vaccine? Wasn’t it created and possibly enhanced in a Chinese lab?
Again, all those fall under the bad actors. Believe it or not, there are still people that aren’t completely dug into the narratives of the left and right. A good friend of mine is one of those, you can’t get him to discuss anything political, he just has no desire. Oddly enough, he’s younger than me and in better shape, and he’s currently at home getting his ass kicked by the covid. I’m hoping it’s opened his mind to the poke.

Again, all those fall under the bad actors. Believe it or not, there are still people that aren’t completely dug into the narratives of the left and right. A good friend of mine is one of those, you can’t get him to discuss anything political, he just has no desire. Oddly enough, he’s younger than me and in better shape, and he’s currently at home getting his ass kicked by the covid. I’m hoping it’s opened his mind to the poke.

No doubt some deny the vaccine for other reasons besides politics. 99% of their reasons are based on ignorance.

Yeah, but that's the norm for any medicine/vaxx. Many drugs or therapies are first covered by medicaid/medicare after being used on the military. I'm vaxxed and all for it, but I completely understand why some people would rather wait for more/long-term data before putting something in their body....especially young women without kids. I do know of several myocarditis cases (locally) from the vaxx. I have a long family history with early heart issues, so I'm a little concerned now.
Same here. My only complaint for the unvaccinated is the ones who act like covid isn’t real and then end up hospitalized (two people I know < 40yo have died recently). If you choose not to get the stick, please be responsible and take the necessary safety measures.

I’m a pro choice kinda guy. Also, I’m someone that would be safe and careful if I weren’t vaxxed.

Same here. My only complaint for the unvaccinated is the ones who act like covid isn’t real and then end up hospitalized (two people I know < 40yo have died recently). If you choose not to get the stick, please be responsible and take the necessary safety measures.

I’m a pro choice kinda guy. Also, I’m someone that would be safe and careful if I weren’t vaxxed.

we sound the same...I choose to be vaxxed really early because I thought my odds were better...it's a numbers game at this point

Like I said, the data is being manipulated.

Funny how other countries experience vastly different numbers especially those that have higher vaccination rates but who don’t massage their data.

My take is strictly factual.
What a disingenuous load of crap. Yore post was entirely self-serving and not relevant to any set of facts. You know exactly why the attention is on these 13 deaths, and it’s because of the reasons I explained. You didn’t bother to dispute that, you just laughed and made an asinine comment about factual accuracy, that is pure evasion.

You can’t even grasp the difference between combat deaths and deaths caused by a suicide bomb that was anticipated and poorly planned for.

Pretending to not understand why the focus is on these entirely avoidable deaths, is not an argument.

Funny how other countries experience vastly different numbers especially those that have higher vaccination rates but who don’t massage their data.

To your point, the data was also initially incorrectly reported in regard to deaths. I believe it was Italy that attributed deaths to covid without real confirmation of cause of death. Then there was the whole thing about people getting positive results without even taking a test (here in US last year).

I think both administrations have shit the bed on the covid situation.

To your point, the data was also initially incorrectly reported in regard to deaths. I believe it was Italy that attributed deaths to covid without real confirmation of cause of death. Then there was the whole thing about people getting positive results without even taking a test (here in US last year).

I think both administrations have shit the bed on the covid situation.

agree completely. Also would credit the obama/fauci for funding and providing technical asstance to the wuhan biolab. So all three.

What a disingenuous load of crap. Yore post was entirely self-serving and not relevant to any set of facts. You know exactly why the attention is on these 13 deaths, and it’s because of the reasons I explained. You didn’t bother to dispute that, you just laughed and made an asinine comment about factual accuracy, that is pure evasion.

You can’t even grasp the difference between combat deaths and deaths caused by a suicide bomb that was anticipated and poorly planned for.

Pretending to not understand why the focus is on these entirely avoidable deaths, is not an argument.
Sorry I hurt your feelings.

FTR, I have numerous high ranking military people in my family and tons of friends that have fought over there. I do not like the fact we’ve been over there fighting bs wars since the RR administration. It’s a travesty we lost the 13 soldiers on top of the many others that have died fighting.

Terrible execution by the current administration and we should’ve been out years ago. The problem I have is that people seem to ignore our shit track record and all the fails by numerous administrations (Iran Contra, length of time it took us to get OBL, making SH a top priority over OBL, etc etc). They ONLY focus on the 13 and everything being Biden’s fault. Again, I’m NOT a Biden fan.

Sorry I hurt your feelings.

FTR, I have numerous high ranking military people in my family and tons of friends that have fought over there. I do not like the fact we’ve been over there fighting bs wars since the RR administration. It’s a travesty we lost the 13 soldiers on top of the many others that have died fighting.

Terrible execution by the current administration and we should’ve been out years ago. The problem I have is that people seem to ignore our shit track record and all the fails by numerous administrations (Iran Contra, length of time it took us to get OBL, making SH a top priority over OBL, etc etc). They ONLY focus on the 13 and everything being Biden’s fault. Again, I’m NOT a Biden fan.
We have lost nuance. Two things can be true at once 1) Biden did a poor job on the exit plan 2) He did a great job in regards that he actually got us out, something Obama and Trump failed to do.

Reactions: hsvtgr and warrech

Stop being a moron.

One of my best friend’s wife is a nursing director at one of the major hospitals in bham (don’t wanna say which one of the 3). She said so many of her nurses are unvaccinated and it’s been a struggle because so many are getting covid. It’s causing major staffing issues with them being out 2-3 weeks (because they’ve gotta test negative before returning).

Stranger thing to me is they see so many people in really bad shape and then the deaths. With the vast majority of their ICU patients and deaths being people that are unvaxxed.

I’m all about choice but I find this so bizarre.

Thanks for the info. It seems to conflict directly with what our doctors such as @mrhickory, @stevesawbone et. al. have reported from their hospitals and/or systems.

On the other statement, some people see shocking headlines, and they shut off their brains and react emotionally, (similar to getting an e-mail or phone call telling you that your computer has a virus and you need to click the link immediately etc.). Others will stay cool-headed, take in as much BALANCED and OBJECTIVE information as the situation/time will allow, and then try to do real science and/or use rational and logic to make the best decision possible. Maybe there's something else to explain the apparent discrepancy.

Some of the female nurses are freaking out about fertility issues, via some stupid Facebook/TikTok chain bullshit.

Are you saying that some of the UAB nurses were freaking out about fertility issues, or just female nurses in general around the country. I guess it doesn't matter to the female nurses at the hospitals that supposedly have high vaccination rates.

Also, wouldn't we have to have a really solid, well conducted survey to know the reasons any particular group objected to the vaccine, or do you have some other solid information that ties it to facebook/TikTok?

Lastly, there were some scientists and researchers who supposedly showed the final distribution of the spike proteins, and/or other items from the mRNA vaccines, and there was supposedly a high concentration that migrated to the female's ovaries for some reason. If that is indeed true, that still doesn't mean that it would necessarily impact fertility, but it could lend credence that it's not some whacky facebook/TikTok crap that needs to be automatically dismissed, without even considering it. For those who definitely want children, I could see them wanting to vet the vaccines properly since they are so new.

UAB has major problems

47 yo Auburn man and family friend just passed away from Covid

They offered no infusion therapy or Ecmo treatment

Nothing but a Vent and he died. It's criminal

Sorry to hear about your friend. It's is indeed sad, but it's not just UAB. We're 18 months into this thing, and we don't seem to have a consistent treatment routine, except the new vaccines. It seems we have put all of our eggs into that single basket, and that's the only solution/tool that the authorities want to make available.

• Sad
Reactions: AUJMac
They should make it a state wide mandate for nurses to be vaxxed. Then, their leverage to quit is gone because they would have no where else to go.

It's crazy to mandate these new vaccines in any regard. The only way it comes close to being intelligent and fair to mandate, is if they offer another vaccine option based on the old classical technology used to make the Polio, measles et. al. vaccines.

Since we have decades of usage data on them, it's okay to mandate them, (if you must). However, to make someone take a new/novel drug or vaccine is just insane, right???

Thanks for the info. It seems to conflict directly with what our doctors such as @mrhickory, @stevesawbone et. al. have reported from their hospitals and/or systems.

On the other statement, some people see shocking headlines, and they shut off their brains and react emotionally, (similar to getting an e-mail or phone call telling you that your computer has a virus and you need to click the link immediately etc.). Others will stay cool-headed, take in as much BALANCED and OBJECTIVE information as the situation/time will allow, and then try to do real science and/or use rational and logic to make the best decision possible. Maybe there's something else to explain the apparent discrepancy.
This particular hospital doesn’t have a vaccine mandate for employees. A lot of it is politically driven and/or misinformation like @GONIG BUCK was referring to.

It’s shocking how much people let social media manipulate/control their cognitive thought process.

That's a HORRIBLE analogy. Abortion is about one person, deciding the fate of another person's life/body. The vaccine is about a person deciding what happens only to their own body.

It's a good thing the virus is not transmittable, huh? It's a good thing people with the vaccine that are still at risk can no longer get the virus, huh?

For the record, I'm pro-life, but if someone wants to throw around a slogan such as, "my body, my choice", if they have ever argued against it when someone has used it as an argument for abortion, then they are going to be questioned on it.

The problem is that “we have no idea” yet it’s being presented as truth in order to create a narrative to influence the decisions of other people... I have no problem if an individual decided after viewing legit sources that “we have no idea” and chooses to refuse the vax, but it’s assholes who have decided their Reddit research projects qualify them to offer medical advice and impact strangers on tiktok who sadly lack the intelligence, desire, ability etc. to rely on or understand the difference between actual medical opinions vs shit that leads to dumbass troll threads on the pore board.

If the threshold for giving credence to amateur internet virologists is merely "we have no idea" if it has any basis in reality or is just some strangers hallucination, that's sad. Knowing that and still using it as the main factor in a decision that impacts our life and future is just insane.... Honestly, it's about as batshit crazy as selling all yore possessions, emptying the 401k, and quitting yore job because the Picasso of Crichton showed you the Amateur Sketch and "we have no idea" if it's true so let's buy an RV and spend all our money chasing rainbows in search of that damn leprechaun and his pot of gold.

Stuts, you may not have considered it, but this isn't a situation where someone is literally acting as an "internet virologist" and saying something factually incorrect, that a renown virologist would clearly disagree with or quickly debunk. It's just an acknowledgement that there's still a considerable amount that we do not know in regards to this weird little pathogen, (i.e. COVID), and the new/novel vaccines.

Most everyone gives the most consideration, to the experts. The scientists, researchers and doctors. That said, while they have pretty much all opined that the new vaccines are "safe", they were only stating that about the short term. We've slide this entire topic into a realm where you cannot mention the fact that we have no DATA for any other period, and of course, that we can't know the future. IMHO, there's no harm in telling the whole truth, when they are providing their opinion that their patients should take the new vaccines.

It's just not on the same level as chasing leprechauns and gold, no matter how hard the narrative presses to make that the case.

Are we still operating under the illusion that you're invincible if you are fully vaccinated? I know the authorities, scientists and doctors told us that, but we now know that type of non-scientific propaganda only leads to the type of surge we're currently in.

I get what you're saying, but shouldn't be still be safe, careful and responsible, even if we are vaccinated?

If you even remotely assert that data or studies here are being baked or spun to support a chosen narrative, you will be attacked and ridiculed. Thank God we also have data and studies from other countries around the world.

I sure hope we're doing REAL science, or it will only continue to come back and bite us the way it did this past spring/summer, and is contributing to this current surge that's flooding our ERs and ICUs.

Could you possibly make a less relevant comparison.
As the troll correctly said, every life/death is significant but he changed his narrative to bring up that truth. His original statement was, “significant numbers”. 0.000009% is not a “significant number”.

I don’t believe you to be an idiot but your comparison and “gotcha” attempt is definitely idiotic.
Death is a death. You a bitch so stfu

• Haha
Reactions: rthomas14
I got tagged in this so I will comment. It’s truly amazing how little laypeople know about the healthcare field. The few people that are in the healthcare field that posted earlier made the salient points that needed to be made about long hours, being paid far less than travel nurses, and few days off. This is true throughout most hospitals in the south. I’ve been working 12-15 hour days for the last 37 days in a row. Our nurses are doing the same.

This “walkout” was not about vaccinations or mandates or any of that. However, as a conservative, I support the ability of private companies to handle their businesses and staffing however they see fit. Staffing for unvaccinated nurses puts the hospital in precarious situations when they have to quarantine for up to 10 days for each exposure. It’s not like they will not be able to find work if and when hospitals begin mandating vaccinations. Please note that influenza, hepatitis b, dtap, meningococcal and a host of others are mandated by most health systems.

Our nurses are over 90% vaccinated currently, outpatient physicians at 95% and inpatient physicians over 99%.

ISrHUq7.jpg

XFzpvNF.jpg

As more data comes out, there is no doubt that the vaccines prevent severe illness (on the order of 25 times less likely to be hospitalized or die). Also, the multitude of our vaccinated admissions that are Covid positive are actually hospitalized for other medical reasons (I currently have 3 in with fractures). Only 3 of our 211 deaths in the last 2 months were vaccinated and two of them were transplant patients who didn’t have spike protein antibodies so they never formed an immune response. The other was 91 years old.

Are we still operating under the illusion that you're invincible if you are fully vaccinated? I know the authorities, scientists and doctors told us that, but we now know that type of non-scientific propaganda only leads to the type of surge we're currently in.

I get what you're saying, but shouldn't be still be safe, careful and responsible, even if we are vaccinated?
I don’t think anyone with intelligence is operating under that illusion. Could be wrong tho.

I got tagged in this so I will comment. It’s truly amazing how little laypeople know about the healthcare field. The few people that are in the healthcare field that posted earlier made the salient points that needed to be made about long hours, being paid far less than travel nurses, and few days off. This is true throughout most hospitals in the south. I’ve been working 12-15 hour days for the last 37 days in a row. Our nurses are doing the same.

This “walkout” was not about vaccinations or mandates or any of that. However, as a conservative, I support the ability of private companies to handle their businesses and staffing however they see fit. Staffing for unvaccinated nurses puts the hospital in precarious situations when they have to quarantine for up to 10 days for each exposure. It’s not like they will not be able to find work if and when hospitals begin mandating vaccinations. Please note that influenza, hepatitis b, dtap, meningococcal and a host of others are mandated by most health systems.

Our nurses are over 90% vaccinated currently, outpatient physicians at 95% and inpatient physicians over 99%.

ISrHUq7.jpg

XFzpvNF.jpg

As more data comes out, there is no doubt that the vaccines prevent severe illness (on the order of 25 times less likely to be hospitalized or die). Also, the multitude of our vaccinated admissions that are Covid positive are actually hospitalized for other medical reasons (I currently have 3 in with fractures). Only 3 of our 211 deaths in the last 2 months were vaccinated and two of them were transplant patients who didn’t have spike protein antibodies so they never formed an immune response. The other was 91 years old.
Good stuff right here

Death is a death. You a bitch so stfu
You know the only thing I can think of that’s worse than being a “bitch”? It’s being embarrassed by a “bitch”, which is what’s happening to you itt.
Maybe I was wrong about you not being an idiot if you can’t get your mind around the the difference between the significance of death and “significant numbers. Even the silly troll who started this has walked away because he understands. Sorry it’s beyond your capacity.

pretty much demolishes yours and CDC’s 99% claim, if they’re counting correctly.

No, they have more vaccinated so of course they will have more vaccinated in the hospital. That being said, look at the cases as well. That kind of blows up the bs theory that the vaccinated spread it more or even more than a fraction of what the unvaccinated do (10%). Also, I’m guessing vaccinated make up 90-99% of those hospitalized here depending on the state.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT