ADVERTISEMENT

UAB nurses refusing to clock in (live video)

I don’t think anyone with intelligence is operating under that illusion. Could be wrong tho.

Millions bought into it due to the advice coming from scientists and doctors, (with many all across the country getting quite angry and telling others that they were STUPID for not listening to their doctors without considering any information or other variables). "Just listen to your doctor who is the freaking expert you IDIOTS".

Given the way that went down, and the way certain policies are still structured to give a "pass" to those who are vaccinated, AND most importantly, how those who are vaccinated behave, we have to make sure. I believe the gentleman that I was replying to said he would be behaving differently, with more safe and cautious behavior, if he weren't vaccinated.

I got tagged in this so I will comment. It’s truly amazing how little laypeople know about the healthcare field. The few people that are in the healthcare field that posted earlier made the salient points that needed to be made about long hours, being paid far less than travel nurses, and few days off. This is true throughout most hospitals in the south. I’ve been working 12-15 hour days for the last 37 days in a row. Our nurses are doing the same.

This “walkout” was not about vaccinations or mandates or any of that. However, as a conservative, I support the ability of private companies to handle their businesses and staffing however they see fit. Staffing for unvaccinated nurses puts the hospital in precarious situations when they have to quarantine for up to 10 days for each exposure. It’s not like they will not be able to find work if and when hospitals begin mandating vaccinations. Please note that influenza, hepatitis b, dtap, meningococcal and a host of others are mandated by most health systems.

Our nurses are over 90% vaccinated currently, outpatient physicians at 95% and inpatient physicians over 99%.............

Thanks for the feedback as always MrH. Do you feel there's a significant difference between mandating those other vaccines that you mentioned, and these new vaccines???

No, they have more vaccinated so of course they will have more vaccinated in the hospital. That being said, look at the cases as well. That kind of blows up the bs theory that the vaccinated spread it more or even more than a fraction of what the unvaccinated do (10%). Also, I’m guessing vaccinated make up 90-99% of those hospitalized here depending on the state.

Stomp, what do you feel is the tilting point in any population where you'd EXPECT there to start being more vaccinated in the hospital, (indicating severe illness), than unvaccinated??? 70% vaccinated? 80% vaccinated? 95% vaccinated???

Thanks for the feedback as always MrH. Do you feel there's a significant difference between mandating those other vaccines that you mentioned, and these new vaccines???

Not from a business and staffing perspective. I don’t have an issue with it medically either as that mRNA has been studied for years and it is out of the body within days only leaving the antibodies that it produced.

Not from a business and staffing perspective. I don’t have an issue with it medically either as that mRNA has been studied for years and it is out of the body within days only leaving the antibodies that it produced.

In my humble opinion, there is a HUGE and significant difference between the two classes of vaccines since we have TONS of usage data for the old, tried and true vaccines, across the full life-cycle. If you're going to FORCE a person to take something into their bodies, you should dang sure be as close to certain as possible that you know every little aspect of how it will impact the person you forced to take it. Pretty much guaranteed that you will do no harm, because you have data across complete life cycle.

If you can't make that type of guarantee, then IMHO, you just can't mandate that someone takes it. You have to give your qualified opinion, present all data, (fully qualified as opinion and/or intelligent conjecture and not scientific FACT), and then allow all of the persons involved to decide for themselves.

That, (IMMHO), is the key difference between mandating vaccines based on old, proven, tried and true vaccine technology, and the new vaccines that we simply do not have usage data on, across the full life-cycle.

Last edited:
I believe the gentleman that I was replying to said he would be behaving differently, with more safe and cautious behavior, if he weren't vaccinated.
That was me.

If I was unvaccinated, I would be much more likely to stay at home and really control who I was around. Because I’m the sole breadwinner in my house of 5 with a wife that had major medical issues over the last 9-10 months, being vaccinated gave me the peace of mind that I was in a better position to be there for my family in the event I got covid (aka not die).

Look at the last part of Doc Hickory’s post. The data is there to show the positive impact of the vaccine. That’s why I said I’d be more cautious if I wasn’t vaxxed. To clarify, I’ve remained cautious even though I’m vaxxed for the reasons mentioned above.

No, they have more vaccinated so of course they will have more vaccinated in the hospital. That being said, look at the cases as well. That kind of blows up the bs theory that the vaccinated spread it more or even more than a fraction of what the unvaccinated do (10%). Also, I’m guessing vaccinated make up 90-99% of those hospitalized here depending on the state.

math and the facts are never your strong point…

That was me.

If I was unvaccinated, I would be much more likely to stay at home and really control who I was around. Because I’m the sole breadwinner in my house of 5 with a wife that had major medical issues over the last 9-10 months, being vaccinated gave me the peace of mind that I was in a better position to be there for my family in the event I got covid (aka not die).

Look at the last part of Doc Hickory’s post. The data is there to show the positive impact of the vaccine. That’s why I said I’d be more cautious if I wasn’t vaxxed. To clarify, I’ve remained cautious even though I’m vaxxed for the reasons mentioned above.

Got ya, and agreed. I've been cautious too, as even when all of the experts, scientists and doctors were telling us we could get back to normal this spring, I felt there was a good chance that fully vaccinated folks could indeed maintain significant viral load and possibly even spread COVID. Stomp and other uber pro-vaccine folks flat lit me up on this board, but I told all my friends and family they should continue masking, social-distancing and err on the side of caution until it was confirmed that vaccinated persons could not be a hidden source of spread.

Of course, we now know that vaccinated persons can indeed harbor the virus and spread it, even when they are completely asymptomatic, so whenever I hear someone say they would be "safer" if they weren't vaccinated, I try to make sure they aren't still operating according to the misinformation and propaganda that was put out from January to the end of July, (as many are unfortunately still doing, and several policies are still giving passes to the vaccinated without checking them to be certain). All this contributed to the current surge, and I think it's great that you're erring on the side of caution to protect your family and society in general.

Last edited:
Reactions: warrech
Stomp, what do you feel is the tilting point in any population where you'd EXPECT there to start being more vaccinated in the hospital, (indicating severe illness), than unvaccinated??? 70% vaccinated? 80% vaccinated? 95% vaccinated???

No idea. It’s just common sense that the more vaccinated you have, the chances of having more vaccinated in the hospital are greater. The bottom line is look at the numbers here in the states. It’s overwhelming unvaccinated. There’s no comparison.

Look at the chart I posted. They do the math for you. 11x and 8x. Read them and weep.

heh. Like I said you can’t even do simple math. And this coming from a guy who was yelling for a while about the 99% number. Till it was pointed out repeatedly it was bullshit. You promote any lie anytime for as long as you can.

heh. Like I said you can’t even do simple math. And this coming from a guy who was yelling for a while about the 99% number. Till it was pointed out repeatedly it was bullshit. You promote any lie anytime for as long as you can.

Lol. No, it was 99% for a long time. It obviously drops some as people get more vaccinated. You’re trying to show the vaccines don’t do much while the numbers show 11x and 8x more for unvaccinated. You’re a hack anti-vaxxer because that’s the current matching orders from the base of your party. You’re a party hack and party sheep. You have zero principles.

Lol. No, it was 99% for a long time. It obviously drops some as people get more vaccinated. You’re trying to show the vaccines don’t do much while the numbers show 11x and 8x more for unvaccinated. You’re a hack anti-vaxxer because that’s the current matching orders from the base of your party. You’re a party hack and party sheep. You have zero principles.

Especially when they use data from a period before the vax was widely adopted... I told you then it was bullshit and you went on your usual ad hom special rant, just like this one... smdh. You're just a lying propagandist, no different than buckshot or dm.

Especially when they use data from a period before the vax was widely adopted... I told you then it was bullshit and you went on your usual ad hom special rant, just like this one... smdh. You're just a lying propagandist, no different than buckshot or dm.

Jesus. Those numbers were in June and May. That was post vaccinations. You said they don’t keep up with who is vaccinated in hospitals. You were wrong as usual. You’re a nut job Republican hack who adopts all the crazy right wing conspiracies including stolen election, vaccines, etc. It’s Fvcking embarrassing.

No idea. It’s just common sense that the more vaccinated you have, the chances of having more vaccinated in the hospital are greater. The bottom line is look at the numbers here in the states. It’s overwhelming unvaccinated. There’s no comparison.

It's true that once you reach the tilting point, you'd expect the chances to shift significantly. However, it still underscores how wrong the authorities data, studies and guidance were for many months. You and others laffed and viscously attacked those of us who said the data and studies appeared to be incorrect.

You say it's "common sense" but you don't know the hard numbers. Do you typically accept opinion based on common sense alone, or do you typically ask for hard data, science and such?

It's true that once you reach the tilting point, you'd expect the chances to shift significantly. However, it still underscores how wrong the authorities data, studies and guidance were for many months. You and others laffed and viscously attacked those of us who said the data and studies appeared to be incorrect.

You say it's "common sense" but you don't know the hard numbers. Do you typically accept opinion based on common sense alone, or do you typically ask for hard data, science and such?

The vaccines are a miracle. See my new thread, psycho.

Pretty funny this started over nurses getting their dicks/tits worked into the dirt, and yet here we are, using it as the millionth thread to argue about vaccines.

ISrHUq7.jpg

@Eagle Since, you trusted the Israeli data, what do you make of this data from this month? There is a startling difference in the severity of illness and “effectiveness” of the vaccine regarding the lack of severity of illness compared to the unvaccinated.

Last edited:
ISrHUq7.jpg

@Eagle Since, you trusted the Israeli data, what do you make of this data from this month? There is a startling difference in the severity of illness and “effectiveness” of the vaccine regarding the lack of severity of illness compared to the unvaccinated.

It's not that I 'trust' any particular data, but I'm normally inquisitive about studies.... having done it for a living I repeatedly point out how if you let me control the inputs, I can give you any output you want. I wonder why Israeli, Scottish, Providence data varies so much from the CDC data - and we all know the CDC has changed their definations, qualifications, tracking methodology.... the devils always in the details. I simply wish instead of making the data hard to find and burying it ,that they would maintain an open database with clearly defined criteria. That's what an organization concerned with transparency and nothing to hide would do.

But I can't comment on any detail on any data without understanding the underlying assumptions, especially from governments. I trust nothing until I do.... That makes me different from many.

Do you have a link to the data or source?

It's not that I 'trust' any particular data, but I'm normally inquisitive about studies.... having done it for a living I repeatedly point out how if you let me control the inputs, I can give you any output you want. I wonder why Israeli, Scottish, Providence data varies so much from the CDC data - and we all know the CDC has changed their definations, qualifications, tracking methodology.... the devils always in the details. I simply wish instead of making the data hard to find and burying it ,that they would maintain an open database with clearly defined criteria. That's what an organization concerned with transparency and nothing to hide would do.

But I can't comment on any detail on any data without understanding the underlying assumptions, especially from governments. I trust nothing until I do.... That makes me different from many.

Jesus Christ. You can look at jyst about every country and you’ll see the overwhelming majority of deaths and hospitalizations are among the unvaccinated. Go back to talking about possible long term effects of the vaccines because this argument is over. Vaccines reduce your risk of severe disease and death by 20-40 times.

It’s over.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT