ADVERTISEMENT

UAB nurses refusing to clock in (live video)

One of my best friend’s wife is a nursing director at one of the major hospitals in bham (don’t wanna say which one of the 3). She said so many of her nurses are unvaccinated and it’s been a struggle because so many are getting covid. It’s causing major staffing issues with them being out 2-3 weeks (because they’ve gotta test negative before returning).

Stranger thing to me is they see so many people in really bad shape and then the deaths. With the vast majority of their ICU patients and deaths being people that are unvaxxed.

I’m all about choice but I find this so bizarre.
They know something we don't know about the vaccine

We just lost 13 people leaving Afghan. It not significant. We only value certain lives?
I care about all 2,455 American soldiers that lost their life in Afghanistan and the 130 outside of Afghanistan. Also the soldiers who lost limbs, have brain trauma, etc.

Not sure why we’re only focused on the 13. Actually, I do know why and it’s all political. Which is sad.

A 20 year war that costs us $4.3 trillion, many US soldier’s lives, and almost crippled our country. BUT all anyone wants to talk about is the 13. So frustrating

As a Covid ICU nurse I totally support them. I can’t even begin to tell you how demanding, defeating, and exhausting it is to work in these conditions. Wearing a N95 for 13 hours, having to prone (turn) patients that weight well over 300+ lbs daily, relay constant bad news to family members and friends, code at LEAST two patients a day, seeing no improvement in patient’s conditions, calling the funeral home at least twice a week to come pick up a 30 to 50 year old who didn’t have to die, and the list just goes on and on. All this and some of these poor nurses aren’t making more than $25-28/hr. It’s pitiful. All the while the hospital “administration” is walking around in their 3-piece suit, never setting foot in the Covid unit to show support, sitting in a cushy office, and making a quarter mil a year. It’s sickening.
WDE

I don’t know if the percentages are right, but a N. Alabama hospital was on the news the other day saying they haven’t mandated the vaccine for that very reason. Already short, and they’re scared to run any employees off.
They should make it a state wide mandate for nurses to be vaxxed. Then, their leverage to quit is gone because they would have no where else to go.

Reactions: Stumpfan
As a Covid ICU nurse I totally support them. I can’t even begin to tell you how demanding, defeating, and exhausting it is to work in these conditions. Wearing a N95 for 13 hours, having to prone (turn) patients that weight well over 300+ lbs daily, relay constant bad news to family members and friends, code at LEAST two patients a day, seeing no improvement in patient’s conditions, calling the funeral home at least twice a week to come pick up a 30 to 50 year old who didn’t have to die, and the list just goes on and on. All this and some of these poor nurses aren’t making more than $25-28/hr. It’s pitiful. All the while the hospital “administration” is walking around in their 3-piece suit, never setting foot in the Covid unit to show support, sitting in a cushy office, and making a quarter mil a year. It’s sickening.
WDE
That's unfortunate and I see this in my profession as well. Thanks for the hard work you do.

who are these nurses everyone knows who are refusing the vaccine? Every healthcare pro I know Dr/Nurse/NP/Hospital CEO is 100% for it and posting on social for it every day.

Reactions: WillAU89uscg
Read what you just wrote and digest it!
Vac patients are getting sick and Dying and the nurses know it. They are not looking at the data and they are not reporting all data.
Doctors are ignoring/falsely reporting the data, but nurses are all over the truth?

Seems legit. After all, if you ask a nurse, they’ll tell you that physicians are idiots and nurses make the world go round.

I care about all 2,455 American soldiers that lost their life in Afghanistan and the 130 outside of Afghanistan. Also the soldiers who lost limbs, have brain trauma, etc.

Not sure why we’re only focused on the 13. Actually, I do know why and it’s all political. Which is sad.

A 20 year war that costs us $4.3 trillion, many US soldier’s lives, and almost crippled our country. BUT all anyone wants to talk about is the 13. So frustrating
We’re focused on the 13 because their deaths were the direct result of the incompetence of their superiors, and were completely avoidable.

Yore take is just as political as anyone’s.

Ok, but logically, due to their job conditions - isn’t it probable that many (dare I say most) have come into contact with Covid over the last 18 months and are likely to have natural immunity at this point?

In general, why is natural immunity not talked about anymore?

No, it isn’t probable everybody has had Covid. If it was, our cases wouldn’t be as high. How can you watch what just happened in FL and the south and then think it’s probable that everybody has had it. The other variants weren’t near as contagious as delta. That being said, delta will give natural immunity to those not vaccinated over the next year imo. Natural immunity counts just like vaccines count imo. That’s why I think we will be at low deaths and hospitalizations sooner rather than later meaning the next 6-9 months.

Yea, if you are over 50 there is no reason no to get the vaccine. That’s what is funny about statistics. If you are old you should get vaccinated. Doesn’t change the stats. The old will always be the ones in the majority dying. If they are 100% vaccinated they will still be the majority of people dying.

You guys pick and choose your stats. Now do the US or UK etc. Israel is an outlier and has been for months. Here is recent info from England:

Reactions: Creed Monster
Facts:
There are not enough nurses
They don’t get paid enough
They are very very stressed these days
They are as concerned as anyone would be about getting covid and taking it home
Why do we care if they get the shot?????????? IT DOES NOT WORK. You need to ask yourself why our corrupt government wants everyone to get it when it obviously is worthless.

If they were concerned about taking Covid home, they would get the shot. You’re less likely to get Covid and you’re less likely to pass it on if you have the shot.

Nurses in the US are paid higher than they are anywhere in the world. How are they not paid enough? Their pay for a 4 year, sometimes 2 year degree is really too high for their value.

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Nurses around here start at like $18 an hr. Bham is highest paid starting around $23. I’m sure you think teachers are overpaid too.

Could be true Buck, we literally have no idea right. Not that ive ever read that btw
The problem is that “we have no idea” yet it’s being presented as truth in order to create a narrative to influence the decisions of other people... I have no problem if an individual decided after viewing legit sources that “we have no idea” and chooses to refuse the vax, but it’s assholes who have decided their Reddit research projects qualify them to offer medical advice and impact strangers on tiktok who sadly lack the intelligence, desire, ability etc. to rely on or understand the difference between actual medical opinions vs shit that leads to dumbass troll threads on the pore board.

If the threshold for giving credence to amateur internet virologists is merely "we have no idea" if it has any basis in reality or is just some strangers hallucination, that's sad. Knowing that and still using it as the main factor in a decision that impacts our life and future is just insane.... Honestly, it's about as batshit crazy as selling all yore possessions, emptying the 401k, and quitting yore job because the Picasso of Crichton showed you the Amateur Sketch and "we have no idea" if it's true so let's buy an RV and spend all our money chasing rainbows in search of that damn leprechaun and his pot of gold.

I’m sure you think teachers are overpaid too.

Well, the ones that suck sure are and they are many in number. Worse is they can hardly be run off unless they bed a teenager. Otherwise they’re “tenured”.

That’s why it’s been nuts to force the rest of them to get the vaxx. Already a nursing shortage and they are running off 15-20% that don’t want the shot.
Fire the morons who won’t get vaccinated. They’re exhausted dealing with dumb hicks who are sick because they didn’t get the vaccine.

Facts:
There are not enough nurses
They don’t get paid enough
They are very very stressed these days
They are as concerned as anyone would be about getting covid and taking it home
Why do we care if they get the shot?????????? IT DOES NOT WORK. You need to ask yourself why our corrupt government wants everyone to get it when it obviously is worthless.
You come across as really dumb.

Well over 90 percent of those dying are unvaxxed and nurses are still choosing to avoid the stick. Unreal to me.

this number is bogus it is due to the CDC having medical institutions not report breakthrough cases. Also the timeframe if I remember correctly goes back January through April and most everybody was unvaccinated.

it’s a great PR number but it’s not applicable. Israel has one of the highest vaccination rates and is finding more vaccinated in hospitals than unvaccinated - as a percentage of the population and more symptomatic. There’s just a whole lot of information we aren’t getting.

some states are trying to force doctors not to prescribe ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine out. Even though both have studies coming out now which show significant benefits and advocacy. And since when is the state board ever interfered in the patient doctor relationship and told doctors they couldn’t do what’s in the patient’s best interest?

this is not how you run a pandemic, there’s more to it.

If they were concerned about taking Covid home, they would get the shot. You’re less likely to get Covid and you’re less likely to pass it on if you have the shot.

Some won't like the source for this article, but here is some data on breakthrough infections based on some U.S. locations data...

Reactions: Stumpfan
this number is bogus it is due to the CDC having medical institutions not report breakthrough cases. Also the timeframe if I remember correctly goes back January through April and most everybody was unvaccinated.

it’s a great PR number but it’s not applicable. Israel has one of the highest vaccination rates and is finding more vaccinated in hospitals than unvaccinated - as a percentage of the population and more symptomatic. There’s just a whole lot of information we aren’t getting.

some states are trying to force doctors not to prescribe ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine out. Even though both have studies coming out now which show significant benefits and advocacy. And since when is the state board ever interfered in the patient doctor relationship and told doctors they couldn’t do what’s in the patient’s best interest?

Holy Fox News.

One of my best friend’s wife is a nursing director at one of the major hospitals in bham (don’t wanna say which one of the 3). She said so many of her nurses are unvaccinated and it’s been a struggle because so many are getting covid. It’s causing major staffing issues with them being out 2-3 weeks (because they’ve gotta test negative before returning).

Stranger thing to me is they see so many people in really bad shape and then the deaths. With the vast majority of their ICU patients and deaths being people that are unvaxxed.

I’ll rule out St Vincents. Ascension has made the vaccine mandatory for all employees.

They should make it a state wide mandate for nurses to be vaxxed. Then, their leverage to quit is gone because they would have no where else to go.
How many states have done that? I really don’t know. Regardless, Alabama ain’t leading the charge on that front, we both know that.

As do I. Why in the hell would you want to go to work every day unvaccinated yo see what potentially could happen to you? I would think seeing people in terrible condition everyday and watching them die would be a pretty big factor in my decision to get vaccinated. Knowing that I’d be around it for 8-12 hours a shift, I’d have to try to prevent myself from getting it.

Reactions: warrech

The numbers here are not PR but reality. It isn't PR that is filling up the ICUs of our hospitals, but unvaccinated COVID patients. The reason they make up such a high percentage of those patients is that getting vaccinated makes it nearly an order of magnitude less likely to get very sick from COVID. While there is no reason to prohibit doctors from prescribing ivermectin or HCQ to patients, those meds are not the solution to this problem. The solution is vaccination. Whatever effect those meds may have is much, much less than that of the vaccines.

LOL. Wow. Take a lap bro.
It’s not to prevent, it’s to help keep those infected from being hospitalized or worse….death. As in, take the damn load off the healthcare system that’s been overworked since Feb 2020.

• A new CDC reportTrusted Source shows that since July 26, there have been only 6,587 reports of breakthrough infections that resulted in hospitalization or death among 163 million fully vaccinated people — a percentage of 0.01 percent or less.

UAB’s numbers have been at about 15-20% vaxxed and hospitalized. They publish their numbers on insta.

good news is we seem to have peaked last week and began to decline. I believe this was the peak data. Rest are on their insta page

UAB’s numbers have been at about 15-20% vaxxed and hospitalized. They publish their numbers on insta.

good news is we seem to have peaked last week and began to decline. I believe this was the peak data. Rest are on their insta page

15% vaccinated in ICU. 20% of people on vents vaccinated. absolute yikes. taken in context with the vax rate of ~40%, even bigger yikes.

like i’ve said before, i’m for taking the vaccine and encourage people to get it. i’m not for alternative treatments like ivermectin and hcq, but that uab chart gonna do a sad on the people that have put the vaccines on a pedestal.

So Operation Warp Speed was a failure?

15% vaccinated in ICU. 20% of people on vents vaccinated. absolute yikes. taken in context with the vax rate of ~40%, even bigger yikes.

like i’ve said before, i’m for taking the vaccine and encourage people to get it. i’m not for alternative treatments like ivermectin and hcq, but that uab chart gonna do a sad on the people that have put the vaccines on a pedestal.

Haven’t you been skull dragged enough itt? Now you’re trying to latch onto uab? You already showed an article showing the entire state. The nationwide numbers are even better for the vaccinated. Stop being a moron.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT