ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Monday musings...

I'm sure you are a great judge of stupidity. Sean Brooks is a common name. Either listen to him or listen to Dr. Fauci that hasn't seen a patient in 45 years. He is smart as a whip
So my choices are to listen to a Physician (whom I happen think is a self-promoting tool and a dolt), or listen to a guy with no medical experience, but who validates yore own paranoid delusions?

Nah, I have other choices. Because I am a great judge of stupidity (and conversely a great judge of intelligence) I choose to read the abstracts and listen to people like my Physician and the smart, experienced, and decent Physicians who post their actual, honest experiences with the virus/treatments/vaccines on this very board.

Binary thinking is funny, but it's not ha-ha funny.

PhD in Education (universally acknowledged as the least rigorous course of study in existence) who lives in OXFORD FN OHIO.

He did not go to Oxford University, and he has no connection to any form of STEM education or experience.

He seems to be, against all odds, just as stupid as you are.
LO effing L. It could only be better if it was Oxford, AL and he was quoting the Oxford Flash - Jeh Jeh Pruitt

PhD in Education (universally acknowledged as the least rigorous course of study in existence) who lives in OXFORD FN OHIO.

He did not go to Oxford University, and he has no connection to any form of STEM education or experience.

He seems to be, against all odds, just as stupid as you are.
7bvJdcg.jpg

I doubt kids have "convictions" about it. They just need facilitation--not even encouragement. Other programs have done that. We haven't.

And it's a very effective vaccine.
Wrong on every point you made. You must think all of our players are idiots or mind numbed robots. I'm guessing you've never spent much time with any of them.

"Very effective" is debatable.

Last edited:
Reactions: WarDamnEagle
I said that the religious exemption didn't apply to colleges and universities in Alabama. You pushed back against that. I just verified for you that this is indeed the case. Each college decides its own vaccination policies - which ones are required and what, if any, exemptions they offer. There's nothing in Alabama state law that confers the right to a religious exemption from required vaccinations for students attending public colleges and universities in the state.

The rest was a side note - that even Alabama law allows for exemptions to be set aside, even for k-12, during an epidemic or the threat of one.
Okay, I think I am following you. Are you aware of a single public college or university in Alabama that requires vaccination and does not allow a religious exemption? Like I said above, "for public universities, I am less familiar with the requirements there because I don't know anyone personally who has (yet) dealt with that situation, but I'm pretty sure that Alabama colleges and universities are similarly required to grant religious exemptions from vaccination. I know that some actually do." Frankly, I don't think there are any who require vaccination with no exemption. I also think that if they tried to implement that, I'd expect Title IV of the federal civil right laws to come into play. I just don't think that colleges or universities can do what you are saying they can do, even in the case of ordinary vaccination like measles, mumps, hepatitis, etc. Bottom line is that people don't have to vaccinate their children for them to go to school, not in Alabama, not even public colleges and universities.

On that clause about an exemption for epidemics, I had posted that in another thread already. For COVID vaccination, the other state law that I mentioned supersedes that. Neither K-12 nor colleges and universities can require COVID vaccination status as condition of attendance. Children simply do not have to be vaccinated (in Alabama) to attend public schools, so those using that argument as an example of valid restrictions on liberty, which is what I think the comment that prompted my initial response was about, are off base. Repeating myself from above, a lot of people seem to really want it to be true that schools can force students to vaccinate as a condition of admission, but it just isn't the case. Not in Alabama. People can opt out of these vaccines and attend school and their fellow citizens cannot do anything about that. Big picture, you and I are on the same side regarding vaccinations. Practically everybody should get vaccinated. There are very few valid reasons not to do it, and those few are (IMO) mitigated by the fact that the same concerns are true of the virus itself. But I understand that others feel differently and I am willing to "give them room to be wrong" about their decision. You should be too. It's just fundamental to our free society, IMO. We will ultimately have more trouble over people refusing to allow others this freedom than will result from this pandemic itself, especially now that vaccines have all but eliminated risks from it for those of us who have chosen to vaccinate.

Who told you that? Prove it

You presented him as a source. I realize you don't have any experience in discourse, but the impetus to vet sources lies with the person who presented the source.

Why don't you prove who he is, why he is an expert on vaccines, link his papers and publications, and set me straight? I'm not really interested in presenting facts to person who has no regard for them.

This is such bullshit. A witch hunt? COVID has been the dominant topic in the world for 20 months now, impacting last season, attendance, and even results of games. Harsin should not be commenting on individual players decisions and he has not. But he should be commenting on his own situation. You honestly cant say that there were not better ways for him to handle this. His main competitor is doing public service announcements encouraging people across the state to get vaxxed. You agree with his politics on this which is fine, but that does not change the fact that he has put this program at a competitive disadvantage with his approach. That's great in f'ing Idaho but he is playing with the big boys now. Just like that state of AL, he bet on COVID is over and he lost. And we like to think of Auburn as a world class research institution... research into what exactly? If Bo Nix is anti-vax, that would make all the sense in the world. He can go 4-6 and lose his job at QB but he will always have his freedom to choose. I assume he is not a Biology major.

Auburn as a world class research institution gave me a series case of the lulz.

1. Our state is (basically) last in education.

2. There was a rally in Cullman, AL this weekend where a certain previous president, that those in attendance love quite fondly, told everyone to get vaccinated. They jeered and boo'ed him.

3. Our state is (basically) last in vaccination. Tied with Mississippi.

... and you are here stating "these players are making informed decisions". Ok. Sure, they may be making decisions, but I don't think they're informed.

Honest question: Why do you think Alabamians are so much wiser about the dangers of vaccination than everyone else?
Incorrect.....that's what the liberal media has stated. I listened to actual audio of Trump's talk.....and there weren't a large number of boos....nor were there a lot of mcheers. Go listen to the tape..........don't be a "lab coat Fuacci" and just make crap up.

BTW, based on how there economies were shut down, the number of deaths per 100,000 people.......and sending their covid infected patients to LIVE AT NURSING HOMES.........there are a lot of liberal states that need to listen to AL. NY, NJ, MA, RI.........those "unbelievably intelligent people", sent their covid patients to kill people in nursing homes (following the science?), and shut their economies down. People are leaving NY, and won't be coming back.

Once again, whether you like it or not....the only major study that actually looks at antibodies from vaccines, and antibodies from people who have been infected, shows the natural antibodies are more apt to keep a 2nd infection from happening.
You do realize, the large majority of the AU football team has had the virus?

Reactions: AUPooch
I linked the video. Dr. Sean Brooks.
You mean Dr. Sean Brooks PhD (Ohio). The guy who’s dad is apparently a raging racist - https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...racist-remarks-following-protests/3159056001/

Dr. Sean Brooks, the guy who claimed to have done medical research for 21 years but had an online PhD degree from Walden fvcking University, received in 2018.

Dr. Sean Brooks, the guy who claimed over a score of publications that just “happened” to be self published.

it’s honestly sad that people fall for this kind of shit.

You presented him as a source. I realize you don't have any experience in discourse, but the impetus to vet sources lies with the person who presented the source.

Why don't you prove who he is, why he is an expert on vaccines, link his papers and publications, and set me straight? I'm not really interested in presenting facts to person who has no regard for them.
No, I linked the video. You're the one with the extra information. Tell me where you got the info. Reddit? That's not a source.

You mean Dr. Sean Brooks PhD (Ohio). The guy who’s dad is a apparently a raging racist - https://www.cincinnati.com/story/ne...racist-remarks-following-protests/3159056001/

Dr. Sean Brooks, the guy who claimed to have done medical research for 21 years but had an online PhD degree from Walden fvcking University, received in 2018.

Dr. Sean Brooks, the guy who claimed over a score of publications that just “happened” to be self published.

it’s honestly sad that people fall for this kind of shit.
Who cares if his dad was a racist? That's the reason nobody respects you. What does that have to do with anything? Who cares if he went to university of Phoenix? Debunk him, refute him, present an opposing viewpoint. Prove him wrong. You can't.

How would I know? But you heard from JayG that CBH is encouraging and the med staff is providing the information. Do you want him to mandate it or punishing those that don't? I have no inside knowledge just going by what the site owners are telling us.
He also said AU has likely the lowest vax rate in the SEC. I don’t understand why that’s the case if your team leader is doing a good job encouraging it.

Wow do you not realize that over half the players on AU are not from Alabama? So why did you ask a question that has basically zero relevance?

And do you honestly believe these players aren't talking with med professionals, coaches and their parents before making their decision?

Ok, so what is it, then. Why does an Alabama or Ole Miss have 100% vaccination rate and Auburn have something-much-lower? Do we just happen to recruit players that are more wary of medical professionals?

Reactions: First Coast Tiger
Ok, so what is it, then. Why does an Alabama or Ole Miss have 100% vaccination rate and Auburn have something-much-lower? Do we just happen to recruit players that are more wary of medical professionals?
I have no idea and neither do you. Again I want the players to get vaccinated like I did but IMO it's still their decision.

Who cares if his dad was a racist? That's the reason nobody respects you. What does that have to do with anything? Who cares if he went to university of Phoenix? Debunk him, refute him, present an opposing viewpoint. Prove him wrong. You can't.
Daniel nothing has ever proven him right. You don’t have a single fact to back up any of the lunatic shit you’ve posted in here today. You fallback is a fake “doctor” self publishing his own books on education. Education Daniel, not science. Not medical science. Not anatomy. No biology. Not pharmacy or pharmaceutical sciences. Education. Is there some reason you think he is at all qualified to actually make any kind of legitimate educated statement on vaccines or science or medicine or anything other than basic education?

Daniel nothing has ever proven him right. You don’t have a single fact to back up any of the lunatic shit you’ve posted in here today. You fallback is a fake “doctor” self publishing his own books on education. Education Daniel, not science. Not medical science. Not anatomy. No biology. Not pharmacy or pharmaceutical sciences. Education. Is there some reason you think he is at all qualified to actually make any kind of legitimate educated statement on vaccines or science or medicine or anything other than basic education?
And yet you listen to fauci, the CDC, who. Etc. People that have been proven wrong over and over and over and over and over. I will listen to the new guy that isn't affiliated with liars.

I'm sure Auburn's team doctors have no knowledge...
I don't think that's what he meant.

There is a hell of a lot of mythology circulating. It is endemic in some communities, and young people listen to their peers more than anyone. To think these kids are immune to the mythology that they are being exposed to, is as silly as thinking that they haven't been exposed to solid information. Informed decisions are not the same as well informed decisions, and good information has to be aggressively reinforced to overcome the garbage that is out there.

Not choosing to get the vaccine in the face of the overwhelming scientific validation, is de facto evidence that the unvaccinated are not making well informed decisions.

He's also quoting Dr Robert Malone. And I've thought the same way all along. I keep being proven correct over and over and over and over and over.

I don't think that's what he meant.

There is a hell of a lot of mythology circulating. It is endemic in some communities, and young people listen to their peers more than anyone. To think these kids are immune to the mythology that they are being exposed to, is as silly as thinking that they haven't been exposed to solid information. Informed decisions are not the same as well informed decisions, and good information has to be aggressively reinforced to overcome the garbage that is out there.

Not choosing to get the vaccine in the face of the overwhelming scientific validation, is de facto evidence that the unvaccinated are not making well informed decisions.
Stfu there is nothing but garbage out there. First they said GO TO CHINATOWN, then they said no person to person infection, then they said don't wear a mask, then they said just a 2 week lockdown to help hospitals. When will you admit you're wrong?

1. Our state is (basically) last in education.

2. There was a rally in Cullman, AL this weekend where a certain previous president, that those in attendance love quite fondly, told everyone to get vaccinated. They jeered and boo'ed him.

3. Our state is (basically) last in vaccination. Tied with Mississippi.

... and you are here stating "these players are making informed decisions". Ok. Sure, they may be making decisions, but I don't think they're informed.

Honest question: Why do you think Alabamians are so much wiser about the dangers of vaccination than everyone else?
Lol. You don’t think AU Dr’s recommend the vaccine?

I was replying sarcastically to Creed Monster since he doesn't think our players are informed. Yes I know AU doctors are recommending it and yes I believe that they are giving the team the best information on it.

Reactions: Stumpfan
LoL! That mouthbreather said that “millions of people have died from the vaccine”. 🤣 Seriously?? This guy is the ship you want to go down with? “They are literally cutting blood clots out of people as we speak” because of the vaccine?? yhgtbfkm? Please. PLEASE tell me you are trolling. I often wonder how people with your level of craziness are actually allowed to roam around free in our society. Like, is there no way to get an order have someone that believes this kind of stuff placed into custody to undergo mental treatment? Im going to go ahead and assume your trolling(good job), because no one could actually believe this and think that way.

good job, Amigo

LoL! That mouthbreather said that “millions of people have died from the vaccine”. 🤣 Seriously?? This guy is the ship you want to go down with? “They are literally cutting blood clots out of people as we speak” because of the vaccine?? yhgtbfkm? Please. PLEASE tell me you are trolling. I often wonder how people with your level of craziness are actually allowed to roam around free in our society. Like, is there no way to get an order have someone that believes this kind of stuff placed into custody to undergo mental treatment? Im going to go ahead and assume your trolling(good job), because no one could actually believe this and think that way.

good job, Amigo
I don't understand your question. Are you asking something? Are you saying he's wrong? Prove it. Stop trolling and type something that makes sense kid.

I don't understand your question. Are you asking something? Are you saying he's wrong? Prove it. Stop trolling and type something that makes sense kid.
So, when someone makes outlandish and numerically impossible claims with no proof himself, you want me to prove his fictional speech wrong? Okay. I will do it the same way he did it. Here goes: the things he said in his speech were entirely fabricated in his own mentally defective mind. Now do you believe me? I am an expert.

any way, nice troll job, Danny. YGM.

Reactions: Thrill
So, when someone makes outlandish and numerically impossible claims with no proof himself, you want me to prove his fictional speech wrong? Okay. I will do it the same way he did it. Here goes: the things he said in his speech were entirely fabricated in his own mentally defective mind. Now do you believe me? I am an expert.

any way, nice troll job, Danny. YGM.
The things you say are wrong. I am an expert. Boom gotcha

Reactions: SH0RTS
My goodness. It doesn't matter what your views of COVID are ... this is a terrible take. Amateur-hour nonsense.

Whether it is avoidable or not, having your head coach sidelined two weeks before his inaugural season is a big fookin' deal.
@ricedp105 did an outstanding job of embarrassing himself in this thread. Just when you think the guy can't find ways to top his previous efforts, he always seems to come through with this kind of performance.

Stfu there is nothing but garbage out there. First they said GO TO CHINATOWN, then they said no person to person infection, then they said don't wear a mask, then they said just a 2 week lockdown to help hospitals. When will you admit you're wrong?
Wrong about what exactly? The proven fraud that you presented as a source to support your incoherent ranting? That isn't even a question. He is a fraud and every word that came out of his mouth, was lunacy. Not even the other loons will support what he said. You are in an army of two when you follow that nut.

You seem to be saying that I can't prove that everyone who is vaccinated will not die in 3 years, and that the vaccine will not cause sterility, and that these are design features of the vaccines. I can't prove that those things are false because they are predictions, not positions. They are neither provable or unprovable. It is like asking someone to prove that the guy on the corner with the "The End Is Near" poster is wrong.

I can indeed prove that the vaccine has been effective in both slowing the spread of the virus and in diminishing its impact on most people. I can show that not one single shred of evidence has been presented that indicates that the vaccines, or anything else in existence, will cause a time-delay death; and it can be proven that mRNA vaccines do not have the potential for implanting a 'bio-bomb'. There are some mRNA related concerns including local and systemic inflammatory responses that could lead to autoimmune conditions. But to understand the proof, you will have to be able and willing to read the abstracts from the studies that have been performed. And you will need a baseline intelligence that enables you to understand what you are reading.

Since you are a guy who seems to believe everything that supports your pre-conceived dug-in position, no matter how invalid or looney, all the proof in the world wont matter. This is your religion, and religious arguments with zealots are pointless.

Thanks. There was plenty of trepidation in writing this because I knew what the reaction would be but my point all along and I hope I made it clear is that Auburn football is at a competitive disadvantage due to its own inaction, which could be reflected in wins and losses.
It's unfortunate that you knew this would be met with a negative reaction. Regardless of anyone's vaccine stance, they should be able to see that not reaching the 85% vaccination threshold puts us at a competitive disadvantage. Harsin's approach to this has obviously not been effective if it is his goal to reach the 85% threshold. If Harsin has not made it a priority to reach that threshold, it's certainly reasonable for Auburn fans to ask why our coach whom we are paying a fortune to coach football would choose to put our team at a competitive disadvantage.

Wrong about what exactly? The proven fraud that you presented as a source to support your incoherent ranting? That isn't even a question. He is a fraud and every word that came out of his mouth, was lunacy. Not even the other loons will support what he said. You are in an army of two when you follow that nut.

You seem to be saying that I can't prove that everyone who is vaccinated, will not die in 3 years, and that the vaccine will not cause sterility, and that these are design features of the vaccines. I can't prove that those things are false because they are predictions, not positions. They are neither provable or unprovable. It is like asking someone to prove that the guy on the corner with the "The End Is Near" poster is wrong.

I can indeed prove that the vaccine has been effective in both slowing the spread of the virus and in diminishing its impact on most people. I can show that not one single shred of evidence has been presented that indicates that the vaccines, or anything else in existence, will cause a time-delay death; and it can be proven that mRNA vaccines do not have the potential for implanting a 'bio-bomb'. There are some mRNA related concerns including local and systemic inflammatory responses that could lead to autoimmune conditions. But to understand the proof, you will have to be able and willing to read the abstracts from the studies that have been performed. And you will need a baseline intelligence that enables you to understand what you are reading.

Since you are a guy who seems to believe everything that supports your pre-conceived dug-in position, no matter how invalid or looney, all the proof in the world wont matter. This is your religion, and religious arguments with zealots are pointless.
Tldr You're bloviating. If you know anything about the virus, tell me. Are you a PhD? Are you an epidemiologist? Since you're nobody, stfu

If you disagree with anything @BryanMatthews said, then I don't want to read another poster complaining about losing games. Ya'll better all be focusing on his character, how nice he is, how he doesn't force players to do things, etc. cause that's what you're saying by disagreeing that there is a competitive advantage to getting your team vaccinated.

By all accounts, there seems to be at least two starting OL out with Covid or the contact tracing. These players are missing two weeks on instruction that we all know they need. But even more important will be there conditioning. Are they going to be in game shape after COVID when we go to PSU, LSU or play UGA?
This. @ricedp105 and the others who claim that "personal choices" of our team are now more important than winning games are going to look incredibly foolish when they are melting down at some point in the future over a loss.

Last edited:
When will you vaccination people figure out this is a personal choice. This isn’t for Harsin to make the decision for his players. I would tell him to kiss my whole ass if I was a player and he told me to go get one. I would tell him the same thing if he told my son to get one. Harsin isn’t their dad. This isn’t cut and dry and it shouldn’t be. This vaccine was made in less than a year. The next closest vaccine was made in FOUR years. We have no idea what the long term issues will be with this vaccine. Maybe it’s nothing, maybe it is. I know enough doctors are balking at it to make me pay attention.

Why is a big deal? Serious question...what exactly can't Harsin do via Zoom and other methods in 2021 that he couldn't on the field during practice? We act like it's 1920 and telephones don't exist, or the entire country hasn't used Zoom and other conference call methods to communicate.
giphy.gif

Just when you think you've seen the dumbest stuff imaginable on this board, Rice argues that zoom coaching is just as good as having our HC down on the field during practice.

Reactions: cantbeonyou
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT