ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Monday musings...

Within reason yes. If he won’t. Someone will for $5.25m/yr. It does not seem to be a problem for all of our rivals......

im sure someone is explaining it to him already.
Yeah we are gonna have to agree to disagree here. I’ve had the vaccination by the way.

Reactions: The_Bag_Man
Considering 40% of our OL starters are missing 10 days due to his view on vaccinations, yes it is a big deal. Harsin's views go past just him being out. It's the entire team sitting at 50%. Derrick Mason is also out. Not having your HC for 10-14 days and DC MIA is a big deal. The fact you can't comprehend this is really astonishing
We understand it but plenty of covid cases of vaccinated people. Between 50% plus people who’ve had covid we have plenty of immunity on the team. It’s just dumasses like you that don’t understand that

How do you really know? I tend to think that the players are making informed decisions. It's not the decision I made but I can't tell someone to make the same decision I did. I would encourage them to just as CBH has done.
How do you explain the (apparently) large discrepancy in vax numbers for AU versus UA and UGA? What's the variable causing the large differential?

A Certificate of Religious Exemption can only be issued by a county health department. The parent or legal guardian must submit a written objection and receive education on the consequences of not immunizing their child. By State School Immunization Law, a Religious Exemption can only be issued to kindergarten through 12th grade and not to the institutions of higher learning.

College vaccination requirements are specified by individual institutions. There are no state-regulated college requirements for vaccination. However, it is recommended that college attendees be up-to-date with all childhood vaccines and to consider meningococcal vaccination for college freshman who will be living in dormitories.

Also of note, Alabama law actually says this with regard to religious exemptions and when they must be honored

(1) In the absence of an epidemic or immediate threat thereof, the parent or guardian of the child shall object thereto in writing on grounds that such immunization or testing conflicts with his religious tenets and practices; or

In other words, in the event of a epidemic or the threat of one, schools do not have to honor the religious exemption. Just thought that was interesting.
So...what part of this conflicts with my post to which you replied? Or is your point to actually support what I said?

That guy you responded to is the absolute craziest mfer I have seen here in over 15 years. He makes the regular crazies nervous.

Nice post, but a classic example of casting pearls before swine.
Agree. Now that stupidity has be weaponized in US politics it will be tough to get the Genie back in the bottle...

How do you explain the (apparently) large discrepancy in vax numbers for AU versus UA and UGA? What's the variable causing the large differential?
How would I know? But you heard from JayG that CBH is encouraging and the med staff is providing the information. Do you want him to mandate it or punishing those that don't? I have no inside knowledge just going by what the site owners are telling us.

Reactions: JWalker72
That guy you responded to is the absolute craziest mfer I have seen here in over 15 years. He makes the regular crazies nervous.

Nice post, but a classic example of casting pearls before swine.
Yeah, that Daniel Lucio character is batsh*t crazy. It would be completely unsurprising if he is literally posting from an insane asylum.

No, they are not and it's asinine to say that they are.

No, it's that roughly 8x-15x as many people have died from this than they have from flu in any given year and it's still not done.

2017-18 shows 61,000 estimated deaths from the flu. It was by far the worst flu season we've had in recent history.

The chart there goes back to the 2010-11 flu season. All of the other flu seasons had between 12,000 to 51,000 deaths per season, most of them were in the 20-40k range.

Like I said, we have had 10x as many deaths from COVID as we had in our worst flu season. Some flu seasons we've had as low as 12k death - making COVID 52x more deadly than that flu season. The infectiousness (r-naught value) was already mutliple times higher than influenza but with delta its approaching the same infectious level as the measles.

What we know is that every place we measure, every way we look at the data, the delta variant is causing more young people to get infected than previous variants and we know that overwhelmingly, those who are getting seriously ill, being hospitalized, put in ICU or dying are unvaccinated people. Stop with the bullshit that we don't know how effective they are. The vaccines are by far the best weapon against COVID. Period.

The analogy is perfectly fine. It was one among many. We have many rights. Rights have limits and boundaries. For instance, my first amendment right to free speech doesn't mean I can knowingly spread lies and falsehoods about others with no consequences. Laws against libel, slander, defamation of character and so on place limits on my free speech. I have the right to vote, but its subject to laws and regulations that can curtail that right - such as voter identification requirements, voting only at specified locations (even if they are inconvenient for me), possibly having my voting rights stripped if I commit certain felonies. I have a right to keep and bear arms, but not any kind of arms I wish. I can own a handgun or a semi-automatic rifle for instance but there are prohibitions or severe restrictions on my ability to keep and bear other types of arms such as a Tomahawk missile, a Patriot missile battery, various types of explosives, nuclear weapons, etc.

The point was simply that none of our rights are absolute. They have limits. Society, through our government, can place (and always has placed) some restrictions on them. This is no different.
I cannot believe your trying to be rational with Christopher Key himself. Just look at some of the nonsensical things he says. He’s too far gone to talk to.

thumb_never-argue-with-anidiot-they-will-only-bring-vou-down-34447566.png

• Haha
Reactions: Big Blue
LSU is in the process of making it mandatory for all students now that it's FDA approved. Probably will see several Universities move in that direction. Gonna be just like having to get a TB test in order to enroll. It's in the University's interest to keep campus safe and prevent mass spread of a virus. Too many people are focused on the fact that you can still catch it while being vaccinated, and not realizing that Hospitals cannot sustain the current # of hospitalizations they are seeing, and fact is that's due to the number of unvaccinated individuals in the area.

Reactions: William_In_Texas
I disagree. Auburn is not at any disadvantage at all unless a major player were to get Covid, but then who’s to say a vaccinated bammer starting QB doesn’t cath Covid too. It’s happening and we are seeing more and more of vaccinated people getting these new variants. IF Auburn has more players to test then yes there’s a small chance one is noticed but that’s no guarantee any starter or player will test positive. I would also bet most of the team has probably already had it at some point. Also, who’s to say all our starters and major players are vaccinated and maybe the ones that still aren’t are younger kids or kids that won’t contribute anyway. We also now have full FDA approval for Pfizer as of today so maybe that puts more people at ease to get it. I know I’ve heard that out and about in my travels as one reason is people are nervous about a non approved vaccine. Now that it is, maybe that helps. Who knows.

So...what part of this conflicts with my post to which you replied? Or is your point to actually support what I said?
I said that the religious exemption didn't apply to colleges and universities in Alabama. You pushed back against that. I just verified for you that this is indeed the case. Each college decides its own vaccination policies - which ones are required and what, if any, exemptions they offer. There's nothing in Alabama state law that confers the right to a religious exemption from required vaccinations for students attending public colleges and universities in the state.

The rest was a side note - that even Alabama law allows for exemptions to be set aside, even for k-12, during an epidemic or the threat of one.

Reactions: Big Blue
I cannot believe your trying to be rational with Christopher Key himself. Just look at some of the nonsensical things he says. He’s too far gone to talk to.

thumb_never-argue-with-anidiot-they-will-only-bring-vou-down-34447566.png
Sometimes you offer a rebuttal to stupidity, not because you think you can convince the person offering the idiotic statements, but because there are people silently reading these threads that need to see facts offered to combat this nonsense.

PhD in Education (universally acknowledged as the least rigorous course of study in existence) who lives in OXFORD FN OHIO.

He did not go to Oxford University, and he has no connection to any form of STEM education or experience.

He seems to be, against all odds, just as stupid as you are.
I'm sure you are a great judge of stupidity. Sean Brooks is a common name. Either listen to him or listen to Dr. Fauci that hasn't seen a patient in 45 years. He is smart as a whip

PhD in Education (universally acknowledged as the least rigorous course of study in existence) who lives in OXFORD FN OHIO.

He did not go to Oxford University, and he has no connection to any form of STEM education or experience.

Got damn

How do you really know? I tend to think that the players are making informed decisions. It's not the decision I made but I can't tell someone to make the same decision I did. I would encourage them to just as CBH has done.

1. Our state is (basically) last in education.

2. There was a rally in Cullman, AL this weekend where a certain previous president, that those in attendance love quite fondly, told everyone to get vaccinated. They jeered and boo'ed him.

3. Our state is (basically) last in vaccination. Tied with Mississippi.

... and you are here stating "these players are making informed decisions". Ok. Sure, they may be making decisions, but I don't think they're informed.

Honest question: Why do you think Alabamians are so much wiser about the dangers of vaccination than everyone else?

I'm confused how you can combine Harsin testing positive(with little to no symptoms, which could have happened even if vaccinated) vs the team vaccination rate...and why this is an issue with Akron and Georgia State being the first two games of the season. We could win with the towel bowl coaching both games...what if we don't have an outbreak on the team, what then?
Missing your head coach, your defensive coordinator (with your OC being forced into his own coaching bubble, and multiple players in the two most important week of fall camp is extremely detrimental. It doesn't matter who you play the first two weeks. A team normally improves from A to B to C to D in those two weeks then D to E after the first game, and from there you're roughly who you are going to be (at least relative to the competition).

But in this case our opponents will be going A to E while we work on going A to B. It may not be deadly, but it's going to set us back.

2. There was a rally in Cullman, AL this weekend where a certain previous president, that those in attendance love quite fondly, told everyone to get vaccinated. They jeered and boo'ed him.

... and you are here stating "these players are making informed decisions". Ok. Sure, they may be making decisions, but I don't think they're informed.

Honest question: Why do you think Alabamians are so much wiser about the dangers of vaccination than everyone else?
What does living in Alabama have to do with these players receiving information from Auburn's medical staff like Dr. Goodlett? You take the jump to Conclusions mat to a whole new level with this post.

Who told you that? Prove it

I disagree wholeheartedly. If we have players convicted enough to not want the shot, who the hell are we to demand it? Over football? I care more about these kids than our record. Screw our record.

I’m a grad and season ticket holder. I grew up going to games. Grew up memorizing the media guide while on the crapper. I could tell you which players in the 80s loved steak and their favorite tv show was the A-Team.

This is not an effective vaccine and should not need a “booster”. There’s enough info to make millions of people question how it would negatively impact their health. Been here since 2001, right after graduating. Disappointing attacks on our coach, who is letting these guys make their own decisions. I applaud him.
I doubt kids have "convictions" about it. They just need facilitation--not even encouragement. Other programs have done that. We haven't.

And it's a very effective vaccine.

Wow do you not realize that over half the players on AU are not from Alabama? So why did you ask a question that has basically zero relevance?

And do you honestly believe these players aren't talking with med professionals, coaches and their parents before making their decision?

I doubt kids have "convictions" about it. They just need facilitation--not even encouragement. Other programs have done that. We haven't.

And it's a very effective vaccine.
Generally speaking it's an effective vaccine. Compared to other vaccines, it's a joke. Covid is a joke compared to other viruses. You have to take a test to know you have it

Reactions: mwdeavers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT