ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Monday musings...

Not good enough for me either. I would rather have the virus and no sense of smell or taste for a while. I will not get the vaccine unless large men hold me down and stick me. (lol) It's obviously not a vaccine. It's population control. You will be sterilized, women are losing 80% of their pregnancies, people will start dying in 3 to 5 years. Why get a shot if you can still get sick? It's a scheme like it or not. Hopefully it's just about money, but I believe it's population control. Watch Dr. Sean Brooks video
Can we start banning people for misinformation? This is ridiculous.

This is such bullshit. A witch hunt? COVID has been the dominant topic in the world for 20 months now, impacting last season, attendance, and even results of games. Harsin should not be commenting on individual players decisions and he has not. But he should be commenting on his own situation. You honestly cant say that there were not better ways for him to handle this. His main competitor is doing public service announcements encouraging people across the state to get vaxxed. You agree with his politics on this which is fine, but that does not change the fact that he has put this program at a competitive disadvantage with his approach. That's great in f'ing Idaho but he is playing with the big boys now. Just like that state of AL, he bet on COVID is over and he lost. And we like to think of Auburn as a world class research institution... research into what exactly? If Bo Nix is anti-vax, that would make all the sense in the world. He can go 4-6 and lose his job at QB but he will always have his freedom to choose. I assume he is not a Biology major.

You sound rational so I'm falling in line now that you explained it so well.

Can we start banning people for misinformation? This is ridiculous.
Why? What possible information can you confirm or deny? The CDC? Hell no. Just trust what you know, don't put blind faith in a corrupt organization that has been wrong over and over and over and over and over.

Reactions: AUPooch
It's control.
Since we're in looney world with you I'll dive further in
If this was all about control, then why would they be killing all of the people who are willing to be controlled by taking the vaccine in 3/5 years as you say. Under your theory they are killing off the masses willing to be controlled leaving only the uncontrollable. How do "they" benefit from that?

Katy Perry > Taylor
WholeInconsequentialHapuku-size_restricted.gif

Since we are in looney world with you I'll dive further in
If this was all about control, then why would they be killing all of the people who are willing to be controlled by taking the vaccine in 3/5 years as you say. Under your theory they are killing off the masses willing to be controlled leaving only the uncontrollable. How do "they" benefit from that?
The same way they're already dealing with it. I haven't disturbed anyone. I'm just free. If they want to kill half the planet, they would kill the sheep instead of chasing the goats like myself.

Reactions: AUPooch
"Just trust what you know" after posting that vaccines sterilize you 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
There's someone at our office who won't get vaccinated because she "wants to have kids". Funny enough, she's also the lowest earner in her division.

Reactions: furr623
Because the flu and COVID are not on the same level, neither in terms of infectiousness, nor in terms of serious complications or death. The worst flu outbreak in the last 20 years resulted in about 65,000 deaths in the US. We've lost over 630,000 people to COVID in the last 18 months and a similar drastic disparity in hospitalizations between COVID and the flu exist.

I dismiss it because I do understand actual science. I also understand that we are neither a libertarian nor anarchist society. When people's "liberty" puts other people at risk and overwhelms our hospitals, we as a society have a right to say that there are limits to that liberty. We can require a vaccine for the same reason we can tell you that you have to carry liability insurance on your car to drive, or that you can't drive 130 mph on the interstate. Or that your children, absent a documented, verified medical condition, have to be vaccinated to attend public schools.

freedom.jpg
Flu and Covid ARE in fact on the same level - the fact that covid is "novel" and it has taken a wave for us to bring mortality rates in line with influenza....but here we are.

Its the politically motivated hysteria that makes this most different from anything we have ever seen.

According to CDC for the 2017-18 influenza season, we had somewhere between 800k and 1.37 mm hospitalizations with anywhere between 50k and 100k deaths.

Covid deaths in the US have accounted for just over 600k Cumulatively since the outbreak in 2020, with the "curve" dropping precipitously in the last 6 months. Even with the small spike in the Delta variant we are staying at very low mortality rates relative to the first outbreak. This is to be expected with respiratory viruses.

We know that the people most vulnerable are the very old and those with pre-existing conditions. None of that has (or likely will) change. Case numbers are irrelevant....not to mention the monkeying around with the numbers for those with co-morbidity.

Turns out the vaccine may or may not have a material impact on those numbers for many young, healthy people. We simply don't have enough data yet and its starting to look like the vaccine itself may have a shorter shelf life than we originally thought.

Now to your larger point; we are designed to be a much more libertarian society than a statist society. In spite of your convictions that "experts" should have the ability to strip people of their livelihoods and freedoms because their "scientific opinion" is revered....I and many others contend you need to have absolute proof you are right before you go around using state power to forcefully impose your will on individuals.

And driving is a privilege (not a right) conferred on those that voluntarily agree to the terms and conditions before they get behind a wheel; this is a bad analogy.

There's someone at our office who won't get vaccinated because she "wants to have kids". Funny enough, she's also the lowest earner in her division.
Sounds like she needs my number. I'm the lowest earner in my division.

As good a communicator as he seems to be it’s hard to think he hasn’t communicated this point with the team. A forfeit would be a disaster during a season where wins might come at a premium.

Reactions: Creed Monster
The argument sort of made in this piece is that Harsin should be showing leadership to get his team to take the vaccine so they stop having to test which increases the chances of a positive. To do that he has to go against his own truth which tells him it's a bad idea for a guy in phenomenal shape such as he is to take a vaccine. Another way to say it is Harsin needs to lie to himself and lie to the players for the sake of Auburn winning a championship.

You posted about my son being potentially infertile, so yeah, I took that personally. I don't care if this is a troll account, but you can get fvcked with talking about my son.
I'm not talking about him in particular fool. Let's let him get older than 6 months before you call the w fool.

The argument sort of made in this piece is that Harsin should be showing leadership to get his team to take the vaccine so they stop having to test which increases the chances of a positive. To do that he has to go against his own truth which tells him it's a bad idea for a guy in phenomenal shape such as he is to take a vaccine. Another way to say it is Harsin needs to lie to himself and lie to the players for the sake of Auburn winning a championship.
Yes, but also, it's convenient to push a narrative that matches your own bias so that you can virtue signal with the rest of the crowd.

I'm not talking about him in particular fool. Let's let him get older than 6 months before you call the w fool.
You said 80% of pregnancies were failing. By your rules this is already a W. Asshole. Don't speak on vaccinated peoples kids wishing them harm for your arguments.

For what? Because you're a little pusillanimous cuc? I wish there was a shorter word for pusillanimous, maybe something 5 letters that starts with pus...
No, because you decided posting about my son being potentially infertile was a good idea.

Well said @ricedp105

Since said player was referenced... apparently Tank Bigsby and his family 30 minutes away are incapable of making a personal choice. Bo Nix, with his mom and dad right up the road are incapable of making a personal choice, etc. After all, the players are in a complete bubble and are not being given guidance by the university, public health, and essentially every other communication outlet globally. NOTHING Harsin said was wrong or Anti-Vax. He simply did not say it in ways that appease the Vax mob.

In full disclosure, the Monday musings sucked. Take it the the politics board.
I can't tell which way to read this. Bo and Tank are vaccinated or incapable of making a personal choice and are not vaccinated.

This has been discussed in other threads, but since it keeps getting repeated, I just want to point out its inaccuracy. In Alabama, no documented medical condition is required. A parent can literally just write a note to the school saying their child is opting out of vaccination due to religious beliefs and that is it. It is literally easier than getting an excused absence. No lawyer or doctor is required. It isn't just Alabama either. I think something like 45+ states offer an exemption for religious or personal beliefs. I'm not sure how those exemptions in those states work, but I actually know antivaxxers in this state who have sent their kids to public school without having had to get them all their vaccines. It's so incredibly easy that nobody should be making the claim that children here are required to get vaccines to go to school here, because they are not.
Fair point. Although I think local school districts can impose some restrictions in terms of what unvaccinated students with these exemptions can do. Also, this religious exemption only applies to K through 12 schools. Public universities in Alabama can require the vaccines with no religious exemptions offered.

Reactions: Big Blue
This garbage really stinks...would be great if the vaccine worked, but it does not, and it causing more imediate effects then you will hear about (you hear what they want you to hear, then you force feed it to eveyone else) I has COVID, I know what cured it...they do to. Also, they do not have a clue it's long term effects of this. Sad...another case that I have seen, just dropped a guy who had vaccine at a homeless shelter who had a strokd 5 hours after the shot....he 33.
WhatTheF.gif

For what? Because you're a little pusillanimous cuc? I wish there was a shorter word for pusillanimous, maybe something 5 letters that starts with pus...
Dude, you really need to stop. I will tell you that my wife works in the NICU at one of the largest hospitals in the state and they are seeing a major rise in preterm infants that have COVID(and dying or major birth defects unfortunately) because the mother isn't vaccinated. The exact opposite of the shit you're pushing here. Also I have a feeling you don't have a family, because taking a shot at someone's kid like that is beyond low.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT