ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Monday musings...

Until this thread, I honestly didn’t realize this was a talking point at all. Harsin has been an encouraging figure throughout.
Appreciate the information, some of these posters need to realize they really don't know what they think they know.......

The programs we compete with in our very own division, made sure their players had information- correct information- delivered by knowledgeable and reliable experts, so that their teams had what they needed to make an informed decision. Notice one of the SECW teams not mentioned….

“O'Neal has conducted vaccine education sessions for Alabama, Arkansas, LSU and Texas A&M inside the SEC, as well as schools outside of the conference, like Louisiana.
The Crimson Tide’s vaccination rate soared after O’Neal conducted a session for Alabama, according to what one Alabama staff member told Napier.”

meanwhile, AU flounders around like a monkey fvcking a football, acting like some bush league haggle of uniformed mouthbreathers.

I heard this doctor on the radio one day and she came across as very knowledgeable, confident, and persuasive without being preachy or overly certain. Any staff that has had an opportunity to have her speak to their players should have taken it, IMO.

It is a competitive disadvantage because my politics disagree with the head coach...that is what we are essentially saying here. I am vaccinated because for me it was the right thing to do and I knew certain events I wanted to attend this year were going to require it. I don't regret that decision and I think it is a good thing. But I am sick and tired of reading about this, I am sick and tired of people pushing this because anyone feels differently.

The competitive disadvantage with this team is in Orlando right now...the OL is a competitive disadvantage, the WRs are a competitive disadvantage, the QB position is a competitive disadvantage but we are going to continue to harp on the guy who has a different political affiliation. The only people talking about this are writers...not one coach is sitting in some kids home and saying "Well, did you see the Auburn vax statistics?" Those recruits don't care...they care about what happens on the field and what the school can do for their future.
C'mon - that is a intellectually dishonest interpretation of what BMatt said. He laid out clearly what the disadvantages were/are.

Reactions: LeotheTiger
The programs we compete with in our very own division, made sure their players had information- correct information- delivered by knowledgeable and reliable experts, so that their teams had what they needed to make an informed decision. Notice one of the SECW teams not mentioned….

“O'Neal has conducted vaccine education sessions for Alabama, Arkansas, LSU and Texas A&M inside the SEC, as well as schools outside of the conference, like Louisiana.
The Crimson Tide’s vaccination rate soared after O’Neal conducted a session for Alabama, according to what one Alabama staff member told Napier.”

meanwhile, AU flounders around like a monkey fvcking a football, acting like some bush league haggle of uniformed mouthbreathers.

So it was the head football coach at each of those institutions that arranged that? If not, I'm not sure what your point is?

Not good enough for me either. I would rather have the virus and no sense of smell or taste for a while. I will not get the vaccine unless large men hold me down and stick me. (lol) It's obviously not a vaccine. It's population control. You will be sterilized, women are losing 80% of their pregnancies, people will start dying in 3 to 5 years. Why get a shot if you can still get sick? It's a scheme like it or not. Hopefully it's just about money, but I believe it's population control. Watch Dr. Sean Brooks video
I don't care how I look. You look like an idiot promoting a vaccine with no knowledge. It was made too fast. They have no idea what the effects will be.

"They" have no clue, but expert epidemiologist @Daniel Lucio damn sure KNOWS it'll result in sterilization, at least 80% of pregnancies failing, and certain death in 3-5 years..... I guess "they" can't hang with you intellectually either.
6sMKyov.gif

Are you sure you didn’t make up your mind and then do everything you could to find a random doctor who agreed with you?

Why trust this one guy and not the countless other doctors who find the vaccine as necessary for getting life back to normal?
its NOT just one guy btw

Until this thread, I honestly didn’t realize this was a talking point at all. Harsin has been an encouraging figure throughout.
Not according to some posters here and in other threads... And I doubt you can change their minds. They are dead set against Coach Harsin's involvement...

Reactions: Guy Forks
Why is a big deal? Serious question...what exactly can't Harsin do via Zoom and other methods in 2021 that he couldn't on the field during practice? We act like it's 1920 and telephones don't exist, or the entire country hasn't used Zoom and other conference call methods to communicate.
For one he couldn't attend the ground breaking of the most important project dedication in arguably 40+ years of Auburn Football facilities.

Are you sure you didn’t make up your mind and then do everything you could to find a random doctor who agreed with you?

Why trust this one guy and not the countless other doctors who find the vaccine as necessary for getting life back to normal?
I play devil's advocate. There's just no need to take a vaccine when the survival rate is so high. What's the consequences? I can infect your elderly loved ones and kill them without knowing? Then they can just get the vaccine, not me. There is no scenario where anything makes sense. Do vaccines work? If yes or if no, the answers are the same. Stop with the nonsense.

I heard this doctor on the radio one day and she came across and very knowledgeable, confident, and persuasive without being preachy or overly certain. Any staff that has had an opportunity to have her speak to their players should have taken it, IMO.
Just seems like our immediate and closest competition always makes moves that ensures they cover all the bases to have the best shot of being a championship caliber program. Not just with this vaccination drive, but many aspects of their program. I wish we had leadership at AU that had this mentality.

I play devil's advocate. There's just no need to take a vaccine when the survival rate is so high. What's the consequences? I can infect your elderly loved ones and kill them without knowing? Then they can just get the vaccine, not me. There is no scenario where anything makes sense. Do vaccines work? If yes or if no, the answers are the same. Stop with the nonsense.
I'm not one to push it on anyone, that's their choice. but the 80% of pregnancies failing after vaccine is just 100% a falsehood. My wife just had our baby and we researched plenty of sources beyond youtube videos. We also have 3 other friends who are vaccinated and just had successful deliveries as well.

Lol. Yes, 100% matters a ton. That means nobody is tested unless somebody reports symptoms. Saban and other coaches say publicly that are vaccinated.
So it's ok with everyone if a vaccinated player, with covid, play anyway because he wasn't randomly tested because the team was at or above an arbitrary percentage number? Or, a vaccinated player with covid and with symptoms withholds his condition from the team because, hey, were above the percentage so they won't know I'm sick anyway? Just thinking out loud.

"They" have no clue, but expert epidemiologist @Daniel Lucio damn sure KNOWS it'll result in sterilization, at least 80% of pregnancies failing, and certain death in 3-5 years..... I guess "they" can't hang with you intellectually either.
6sMKyov.gif
I would rather risk my chances with the virus than the vaccine. I understand the consequences. I'm not an epidemiologist, but even if I were, what would I really know? There isn't a single scientist in the world that can confirm or deny anything regarding covid. It hasn't been isolated. You can't look through a microscope and show me because you don't know and your doctor doesn't know.

Reactions: AUPooch
No, it’s not about that. It’s leading by example.
It's entirely possible that when he was asked the question at media days that he already knew there was a strong opposition to the vax among part of the team. Coaches were already prepared with percentage numbers afterall so it's not like the SEC's vax rule wasn't new to them.

If he has encouraged the vax and the team still refuses, what is he to do? It's not like these young adults didn't already know about the vaccine before Harsin even met them for the first time.

I'm just as bummed out as you that the Auburn football team is in this predicament. But maybe, just maybe it's not all Harsin’s fault, or his politics.

Reactions: The_Bag_Man
So it was the head football coach at each of those institutions that arranged that? If not, I'm not sure what your point is?
I dont know. But, whether it was the coach, team Dr or AD, it makes no difference. However, it is a horribly bad look for one of the least vaccinated teams to have their HC sidelined with covid two weeks before the first game, after he was pugilistic about the subject when he had the big stage at SEC Media days to introduce himself. Just seems like his player’s safety and fielding a complete, competitive team are not top priority. Thats the signal it sends out whether its true or not

My body, my choice... ring a bell? Still has to apply, death and all... forcing things done to ones body is very much political in my opinion (and the courts).

So are Saban and Kirby being political by advocating vaccination and successfully convincing their team to get vaxxed? You clearly view that as political but that does not change the negative optics of the way this has gone down with Harsin. Dodging the question at media days is political on his part in my view. He is a major public figure during a pandemic which was had a huge impact and will continue to have a huge impact on the very sport he coaches. Not answering the question is a weak dodge in my opinion. If he is encouraging players to get vaxxed but has not done it himself then that is another failure of leadership (not saying he has or has not).

Criticism of Harsin is completely warranted in this case. Honestly, it is the most JABA thing ever. The big boys of college football are moving on from this shit while we sit around and talk about conspiracy theories, "my body my choice", and look like ass clowns. Bear Bryant is somewhere laughing his ass off right now and saying "typical".

• Love
Reactions: furr623 and 00aubie
Glad to hear that HASKINS has been an encouraging figure. I think it's a talking point simply because of the way he was unwilling to discuss the issue at SEC Media Days.... The subsequent reactions from click bait media tweets combined with our biggest competitors going on record with > 85% vax rates has led to the narrative that this wacko outsider from BOY-C is an antivaxxer and is in over his head. Obviously, that's a narrative that needs to be put to rest, but it's tough to bury it once it's become a hot button preseason talking point. Sucks.

Well said @ricedp105

Since said player was referenced... apparently Tank Bigsby and his family 30 minutes away are incapable of making a personal choice. Bo Nix, with his mom and dad right up the road are incapable of making a personal choice, etc. After all, the players are in a complete bubble and are not being given guidance by the university, public health, and essentially every other communication outlet globally. NOTHING Harsin said was wrong or Anti-Vax. He simply did not say it in ways that appease the Vax mob.

In full disclosure, the Monday musings sucked. Take it the the politics board.
yea i dont see Harsin forcing our star player in Bigsby to get vaxxed going over well for a coach in year 1 trying to win over his players.... people comparing auburns situation to bama/georgia/or even lane kiffin at ole miss are just a tad bit off....

I dont know. But, whether it was the coach, team Dr or AD, it makes no difference. However, it is a horribly bad look for one of the least vaccinated teams to have their HC sidelined with covid two weeks before the first game, after he was pugilistic about the subject when he had the big stage at SEC Media days to introduce himself. Just seems like his player’s safety and fielding a complete, competitive team are not top priority. Thats the signal it sends out whether its true or not
I would send my son to Auburn. University is the opposite of real america. Nobody in the real world cares about dying from covid. If they do they can get the vaccine. Nothing else. Nothing for me to do, no encroaching on my freedom. Just a simple vaccine. If it works, there's nothing else to discuss. You go get it if you want it. His stance on the vaccine is the one thing I like about coach so far.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT