ADVERTISEMENT

Washington Nationals game postponed…

As long as they are playing on Aug 15th. I
Already have tickets to that one.

Reactions: hsvtiger34
Riddle me this.
Bro-in-law tested positive Monday with a rapid test. Also took the test to be sent off on Monday. It came back negative and his rapid test today was negative.
He feels pretty bad with sore throat & chills but no fever.

I’m vaccinated and tested positive earlier this week. Slight cough, no fever or any other symptoms. Isolated in the guest room so that my wife and kids can still have some normalcy. Absolutely ridiculous. I’ve had worse colds than this*

*I fully understand everyone has different experiences.

Supposed to keep you from being 6 feet under when it’s all said and done. The science never said you couldn’t still get it. Just that you wouldn’t die from it if vaccinated
I am as pro vaccine as anyone. I’m in the vaccine game. That’s absolutely not how it was positioned back in January. That is the new narrative. And that’s not a vaccine. Vaccines eradicated polio and small pox. What you are describing is a therapeutic..a treatment. That’s fine, but to build trust and get more people to take it, the narratives have absolutely got to stop changing.

I am as pro vaccine as anyone. I’m in the vaccine game. That’s absolutely not how it was positioned back in January. That is the new narrative. And that’s not a vaccine. Vaccines eradicated polio and small pox. What you are describing is a therapeutic..a treatment. That’s fine, but to build trust and get more people to take it, the narratives have absolutely got to stop changing.
Now do the flu vaccine.

I get that. Everything I ever heard was that it was to mitigate symptoms and keep you alive. Reason why they have said you can still spread it.

edit.
vaccine is correct word. Vaccine simply is by definition a substance that stimulates body into making antibodies. That’s it

I’m vaccinated and tested positive earlier this week. Slight cough, no fever or any other symptoms. Isolated in the guest room so that my wife and kids can still have some normalcy. Absolutely ridiculous. I’ve had worse colds than this*

Sounds like the vaccine did its job. My wife and parents are positive right now and have had 1-2 days of mild symptoms. Of note, they all had Pfizer, I had Moderna. I’m negative and still working.

My doc told me that the vaccine was probably the reason I wasn’t sicker than I was. I had the J&J for what it’s worth.
The J&J isn’t all that effective against this delta variant. Better than nothing tho and it seems to lessen the symptoms.

Reactions: Mike7677
People hear what they want to hear and get mad because they want to. That’s what you are doing. The information has to change because the situation keeps changing based on too many factors to even list. The one message that consistently never changes is get vaccinated and take a friend with you.

Reactions: carrytherocU
Now do the flu vaccine.
The flu vaccine is a guess based upon the virus makeup in the winter in the Southern Hemisphere. I don’t think it’s ever been advertised at 95% effective at preventing contraction. Often less than 50. These have and now vaccinated people are getting sick. The messaging is now changing.

I believe in the vaccines. We just need common consistent messaging to make progress with folks on the fence.

Riddle me this.
Bro-in-law tested positive Monday with a rapid test. Also took the test to be sent off on Monday. It came back negative and his rapid test today was negative.
He feels pretty bad with sore throat & chills but no fever.

The bammer had the same symptoms as last time and tested negative. They told him it was likely some other kind of virus with similar symptoms. Apparently masking and distancing for a year messes with immune systems. I don’t have any symptoms and haven’t gotten tested in accordance with the guidelines.

However, our friends stopped by our house about a week ago for about 30 minutes and they tested positive yesterday. They have fever and respiratory symptoms. The husband has a cold type illness, but the wife’s is more like flu. We can’t definitively say they got covid here since they went multiple places over the weekend, but it makes you wonder.

It’ll happen on occasion.

* i have a vaccine
* my fambily has the vaccine

anecdotes I know but i know more people diagnosed with Covid this week than i have throughout the entire ordeal.

All feeling like crap and one on a vent. All vaccinated.

Covid was never a death sentence. It has always been rare that it became serious.

I’m not calling anyone wrong or right. I just see people getting sick that have the vaccine. I see CDC guidance saying to mask and social distance, i see Pfizer double
Down on a 3rd shot, and I know (or think I know) that politicians and leaders don’t want to go back to March 2020. However that seems like where we are headed.

I’m curious to see if the vaccines are efficient against this delta variant as we hoped. Pfizer says it’s not as as such recommended a 3rd shot on multiple occasions.

The flu vaccine is a guess based upon the virus makeup in the winter in the Southern Hemisphere. I don’t think it’s ever been advertised at 95% effective at preventing contraction. Often less than 50. These have and now vaccinated people are getting sick. The messaging is now changing.

I believe in the vaccines. We just need common consistent messaging to make progress with folks on the fence.
Sure, I get that, but do you get up in arms every year about the flu vaccine being called a vaccine like you have with the COVID-19 vaccine? Also, they advertised this vaccine having a 95% efficacy against the original strains of COVID-19, not Delta. That’s because clinical trials had it 95% after 3 months.

Why is this technicality a hill so many are willing to die on?

Reactions: KilgoreTrout
What kind of symptoms did you have?
It began with a dry cough; sinus congestion and 100.3 fever next day. I began treating it with the usual OTC meds (ibuprofen, NyQuil, etc.) This lasted for three days. I began to feel better Monday.

When I woke this AM, I couldn’t taste my coffee. I splashed it with Kaluah, nothing. That’s when I decided to get tested.

Reactions: warchief64
That 95% gonna be down to 50% when delta runs through the pop.

like Mr hickory I got the moderna - hope it holds up

Reactions: Hornacious

I had it and was completely asymptomatic…

Reactions: Hornacious
Sure, I get that, but do you get up in arms every year about the flu vaccine being called a vaccine like you have with the COVID-19 vaccine? Also, they advertised this vaccine having a 95% efficacy against the original strains of COVID-19, not Delta. That’s because clinical trials had it 95% after 3 months.

Why is this technicality a hill so many are willing to die on?
It’s not a hill I’m dying on, but I recognize it as a problem when trying to get big population groups to take the vaccine. Trust is the number one factor. Changing narratives erodes trust.

* i have a vaccine
* my fambily has the vaccine

anecdotes I know but i know more people diagnosed with Covid this week than i have throughout the entire ordeal.

All feeling like crap and one on a vent. All vaccinated.

Covid was never a death sentence. It has always been rare that it became serious.

I’m not calling anyone wrong or right. I just see people getting sick that have the vaccine. I see CDC guidance saying to mask and social distance, i see Pfizer double
Down on a 3rd shot, and I know (or think I know) that politicians and leaders don’t want to go back to March 2020. However that seems like where we are headed.

I’m curious to see if the vaccines are efficient against this delta variant as we hoped. Pfizer says it’s not as as such recommended a 3rd shot on multiple occasions.
If you know someone on a vent who is fully vaccinated, you know of something very, very rare. Like 1% rare after vaccination.

Also, we won’t go back to any sort of lockdown. Take a look at the UK. They had Wimbley filled to the brim for the UK/Italy final a few weeks ago, in the middle of a case surge.

Look at these charts from the UK as well. First is COVID cases and second is deaths. Case count peaked close to the deadly winter they had (now going down). Now consider that the DELTA variant is 100% more contagious than the winter strain, yet the case count with this surge is still lower than the winter surge, and they really haven’t seen an uptick in deaths, or at least anything significant in comparison to their last surge.

This vaccine is working, and anyone who refuses to believe it is just simply too prideful to admit it.

k0E7quh.png

ua5gfvi.png

Reactions: JoeyAU11
It’s not a hill I’m dying on, but I recognize it as a problem when trying to get big population groups to take the vaccine. Trust is the number one factor. Changing narratives erodes trust.
So you think calling it a vaccine instead of an immune booster is keeping people from taking it? I find that hard to believe.

• Haha
Reactions: FIG-JAM
I didn’t post this to start a dissertation on Covid. I started it because I see this affecting the football season…no way this doesn’t fvck us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT