ADVERTISEMENT

Washington St. fired due to refusing to get

The Covid vaccine. Rumors that players will boycott upcoming game.

Two thoughts...

1) Grab BYU -3.5 if still available.

2) Losing a football coach over a mandate is one thing, but losing law enforcement officers (and hospital workers) will negatively affect communities in Washington State.

Two thoughts...

1) Grab BYU -3.5 if still available.

2) Losing a football coach over a mandate is one thing, but losing law enforcement officers (and hospital workers) will negatively affect communities in Washington State.
Do they still have law enforcement there? I thought the bant it last year.

Federally approved vaccines have been mandated for staff and students at public institutions for many decades. Hee haw on brother. “Muh raghts and muh freedumbs”

But that situation and those vaccines are T-TOTALLY different than this current situation. Those mandated vaccines were all based on tried and true, classical vaccine technology, (LAV and inactivated), that we have DECADES of usage data on across the complete life-cycle, and we can therefore pretty much guarantee scientifically that they are safe.

However, the new vaccines for COVID are based on relatively new technology, (especially the mRNA vaccines), that we only have data on from the immediate short-term, therefore we can NOT guarantee anything. If you can't pretty much guarantee things scientifically/medically, then you cannot mandate and force people to take on the associated risk.

It's amazing that folks can't understand this simple, but SIGNIFICANT difference. Of course, we all understand why they are trying to conflate normal vaccine data and behavior with these new ones, (in order to get as many as possible to take them in an attempt to help), but you can't trick people like that, or force them to take experimental things into their bodies. That has to be a personal choice/decision.

Federally approved vaccines have been mandated for staff and students at public institutions for many decades. Hee haw on brother. “Muh raghts and muh freedumbs”
I was wondering if you had departed. I was getting ready to take on the "dispenser of hee haws" and "laughing Shaq gifs"

But that situation and those vaccines are T-TOTALLY different than this current situation. Those mandated vaccines were all based on tried and true, classical vaccine technology, (LAV and inactivated), that we have DECADES of usage data on across the complete life-cycle, and we can therefore pretty much guarantee scientifically that they are safe.

However, the new vaccines for COVID are based on relatively new technology, (especially the mRNA vaccines), that we only have data on from the immediate short-term, therefore we can NOT guarantee anything. If you can't pretty much guarantee things scientifically/medically, then you cannot mandate and force people to take on the associated risk.

It's amazing that folks can't understand this simple, but SIGNIFICANT difference. Of course, we all understand why they are trying to conflate normal vaccine data and behavior with these new ones, (in order to get as many as possible to take them in an attempt to help), but you can't trick people like that, or force them to take experimental things into their bodies. That has to be a personal choice/decision.

Great logical rebuttal there @stutsman23. You always offer such cogent counter-arguments that expose the flaws in the arguments you disagree with, (LOL!).

Huh? I didn't argue anything, but sorry if I rustled you by laughing at your opening statement. I didn't feel the need to read past "tried and true"

You well know I'm not rustled at all. Just pointed out the complete foolishness of those who constantly laugh things off, but don't have a sangle shred of substance to debunk the argument they are laughing at, (LOL!).

It's sort of a HUGE clue that they don't have anything at all to back up their opinions on the topic, or they'd have tried to make an actual point.

You well know I'm not rustled at all. Just pointed out the complete foolishness of those who constantly laugh things off, but don't have a sangle shred of substance to debunk the argument they are laughing at, (LOL!).

It's sort of a HUGE clue that they don't have anything at all to back up their opinions on the topic, or they'd have tried to make an actual point.
If you haven't realized, these debates on the bunker achieve absolutely nothing. But keep fighting the good fight and attacking that dreaded "noble lie"

I think all the stupid people that won't get vaccinated should be exiled, so in my America he would have been worse than fired.

I think all the stupid people that won't get vaccinated should be exiled, so in my America he would have been worse than fired.

You don't think there are any intelligent folks who feel that their personal risk/reward ratio regarding taking these new/novel vaccines, falls in favor of them not taking it?

Or, do you feel that anyone who doesn't agree with you on any number of topics should be exiled, jailed, flogged, lose their jobs etc.??? Where does one man's opinion trump the rights of another? I'd love to hear your general argument as to why the risk/reward ratio for EVERYONE indicates they should take any new drug or procedure. You or I may decide that we feel the reward is greater than the risks, but should I really force my opinion on someone else given that the vaccines are so new???

If we wanted everyone to take them, and/or mandate them, we should have simply developed another option based on the tried and true classical vaccine technology, and then there wouldn't be much debate at all, (but you should ask yourself why they won't do this). There are some very intelligent, knowledgeable, and deep perspective folks who may want to wait until more data is available, and that doesn't make them a pariah or idiot.

It's what inspired you to respond to me in the first place... obviously it got you a bit triggered. Anyway, keep on fighting, I'm sure today's the day yore ramblings will get through to the board.

My two cents on the topic has always resonated with those who are intelligent, objective and fair. The Bunker is the only board where a few dullard idiots haven't received the simple message. It's gone over well on every other board around the country.

Thanks for your encouragement, and you can bet I'll continue to offer my humble two cents where it may make a difference. Again, have a great day.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT