ADVERTISEMENT

People that are vaccinated still catching COVID afterward

It stops 90% of people from actually getting the virus and it’s very unlikely the ones that get it spread it due to the viral load being about ten times less. Stop posting nonsense.
We dont agree often. But, this is one of those times. I was hesitant to get the vaccine because of the newness of it all. But, prodding from my wife and the prospect of a semi normal football and tailgating season convinced me to do it. According to all the doctors I know, and I know a lot of them, this vaccine is borderline miraculous to them. Also, the whole gene therapy thing is a ridiculous argument. It is a vaccine that simply uses a different path to achieve immunity.

I know of 2 different people that got the vaccine in February and caught Covid this week. Anybody else hearing similar stories?
There were over 100 instances reported in Washington state this past week. 8-10 hospitalizations, 4 deaths.

• Sad
Reactions: AU925
IT doesn't keep you from catching COVID....it keeps you from dying or having to be on a vent, basically. Totally lessens symptoms...also, variants are the unknown as well.
I am going to say only this is what they are telling us. They do not know with certainty. It is all a crap shoot. They still do not understand what covid is, much less do they know with certainty that what they have developed in the way of a shot is effective. CDC is still saying to wear a mask, they are still saying to social distance, they are still saying do not travel either domestically nor internationally. They are saying you can gather with other vaccinated family members but if with people who are unvaccinated, wear a mask and keep your distance.

If you think getting the shots makes you superman, then you will act like superman. If you think those who are not getting the shots should be avoided at all costs, then why did you get the shots? There are commercials on tv where Willie Nelson is singing “I’ll Be Seeing You”. It’s showing full stadiums, filled basketball arenas and other such sights saying if you get your shot, all these things will be returned to us. Well, we just bought some Atlanta Braves tickets. We have to wear masks, there is sparse seating available, and concessions will be delivered to our seats to keep us out of the concession area. We’re going. Looking forward to it and will abide by whatever rules they have In place. But Willie’s commercial is a lie and very misleading. Admittedly, it looks good. And, yes, we bought our Braves tickets after the All-Star Game announcement last week in show of support for the Braves, not the MLB Commissioner. But we will go knowing there are still risks there. I am sick of being afraid and having lives ruined by something that was created in Wuhan, China, which (in case you did not know) our biden government is once again financially supporting with mine and your taxpayer money.

People died in Washington state last week after receiving both shots weeks ago. It is acknowledged the ones who died were in that same older age group that has been in danger the entire time. Another 10-12 were hospitalized, not in that age group. My argument is the shots did not protect them. Did it make their deaths any less painful and easier to bear? Are those in the hospital less sick? Are any of them on ventilators? I don’t know the answers to this except to say if I had been one who died, I would still be just as dead. And saying we won’t know the effectiveness of the shots for 6 months to a year has me asking why, then, are those who believe themselves now invincible not instead being held to strict guidelines just like those who have not received the shots? Instead, Willie is telling us gets your jabs and go out to a game with its full stadium.

Our neighbor has just gotten out of the hospital after more than 30 days there. He had a reaction to the covid shot and almost died. Now we have the story of Fluff at Alabama. While horrifically tragic, I only can wonder if Fluff as a university student had received his shots or if because of his age, he had not gotten them. Or if upon admission to DCH he automatically received a shot. In some instances, this is being done.

I am going to say only this is what they are telling us. They do not know with certainty. It is all a crap shoot. They still do not understand what covid is, much less do they know with certainty that what they have developed in the way of a shot is effective. CDC is still saying to wear a mask, they are still saying to social distance, they are still saying do not travel either domestically nor internationally. They are saying you can gather with other vaccinated family members but if with people who are unvaccinated, wear a mask and keep your distance.

If you think getting the shots makes you superman, then you will act like superman. If you think those who are not getting the shots should be avoided at all costs, then why did you get the shots? There are commercials on tv where Willie Nelson is singing “I’ll Be Seeing You”. It’s showing full stadiums, filled basketball arenas and other such sights saying if you get your shot, all these things will be returned to us. Well, we just bought some Atlanta Braves tickets. We have to wear masks, there is sparse seating available, and concessions will be delivered to our seats to keep us out of the concession area. We’re going. Looking forward to it and will abide by whatever rules they have In place. But Willie’s commercial is a lie and very misleading. Admittedly, it looks good. And, yes, we bought our Braves tickets after the All-Star Game announcement last week in show of support for the Braves, not the MLB Commissioner. But we will go knowing there are still risks there. I am sick of being afraid and having lives ruined by something that was created in Wuhan, China, which (in case you did not know) our biden government is once again financially supporting with mine and your taxpayer money.

People died in Washington state last week after receiving both shots weeks ago. It is acknowledged the ones who died were in that same older age group that has been in danger the entire time. Another 10-12 were hospitalized, not in that age group. My argument is the shots did not protect them. Did it make their deaths any less painful and easier to bear? Are those in the hospital less sick? Are any of them on ventilators? I don’t know the answers to this except to say if I had been one who died, I would still be just as dead. And saying we won’t know the effectiveness of the shots for 6 months to a year has me asking why, then, are those who believe themselves now invincible not instead being held to strict guidelines just like those who have not received the shots? Instead, Willie is telling us gets your jabs and go out to a game with its full stadium.

Our neighbor has just gotten out of the hospital after more than 30 days there. He had a reaction to the covid shot and almost died. Now we have the story of Fluff at Alabama. While horrifically tragic, I only can wonder if Fluff as a university student had received his shots or if because of his age, he had not gotten them. Or if upon admission to DCH he automatically received a shot. In some instances, this is being done.
source.gif

Reactions: Stumpfan
Or if upon admission to DCH he automatically received a shot. In some instances, this is being done.
in the state of Alabama, and probably most or all states, Hospitals are NOT allowed administer the vaccine to inpatients. And, they would not administer the vaccine to someone being discharged after being hospitalized for covid-19. I just asked a Doctor that works at DCH and he confirms that is not happening at that hospital either.

Reactions: Russ47
I don't think it turned south or got political.

I just don't think you have a very good understanding of vaccines.

They aren't 100%. Never have been, never will.

Basically, if you take 100 Vaccinated (Moderna/Pfizer) people in a room, expose them to covid, 10 will still catch it. More so with J&J.

Another way of saying that it that it's 90% effective.
This isn’t correct either.

Lol, it is pretty funny thinking about how much has changed in regards to the bat flu. I will add I’m about a week out from having Covid. Vaccinated and thankfully the worst of my symptoms was fatigue.

I know of 2 different people that got the vaccine in February and caught Covid this week. Anybody else hearing similar stori
I had the moderna shots in march and April. Followed by the booster and flu shot. Got the crap two weeks ago. Light fever and congestion and lost taste for a week. But good now. I will not take another covid vac shot. Done
I know of 2 different people that got the vaccine in February and caught Covid this week. Anybody else hearing similar stories?

Lol, it is pretty funny thinking about how much has changed in regards to the bat flu. I will add I’m about a week out from having Covid. Vaccinated and thankfully the worst of my symptoms was fatigue.
I had it 2 weeks ago as well. Cold symptoms this time. Not the worst cold I ever had.

I had it 2 weeks ago as well. Cold symptoms this time. Not the worst cold I ever had.
I had it last week. Had the "I think I'm getting sick" feeling Monday. Felt pretty bad Tuesday and had a fever. Pop positive. Take ibuprofen, get rest. Symptoms were gone by Friday afternoon. Had an edible and watched The Matrix on Friday night.

The end.

K and i currently are going through it for the first time. She got it from me a day after I realized I got it, both negative the day before on both our sides one day apart. I guess ill call it mild cold, fatigue first day not so much after…seeing chest congestion breathing some. K is completely asymptomatic. Tested today after 6 days, still both positive so guess gonna wait and be safe for all around us through the weekend. Fun times, both had the J&J first…Moderna boost.

All that traveling we did in Nov and Dec and the week we saw literally no one we get it. Funny how that shit works, surreal though.

Yeah….and the 4 replies in 4 minutes pertaining to the same poster isn’t psychotic at all :oops::rolleyes:

I literally searched 'nanoparticle' and this thread came up. I posted a nanoparticle update. The fact that StumfPan was reminded of how absolutely wrong he was is simply a benefit of this timely and totally NOT weird bump.

Reactions: NotAiO and Huff664
Well, they didn’t say it was 100% effective
“Israel has one of the highest COVID vaccination rates in the world, having fully vaccinated 78 per cent of people 12 years and over.

Many people are surprised at the country’s resurgence of COVID cases since restrictions were lifted in June.”

Evidently it doesn’t keep a vaccinated person from getting it at all.

But it does lessen the severity.

I literally searched 'nanoparticle' and this thread came up. I posted a nanoparticle update. The fact that StumfPan was reminded of how absolutely wrong he was is simply a benefit of this timely and totally NOT weird bump.
My post wasn’t pertaining to you….

Seems to me vaccine is worthless at preventing covid. Son, his wife, my 2 grandkids, other 2 inlaws caught it. All fully vaccinated and boosted. Where is the push for treatments? Is CDC afraid we will back off vaccinations? Many coverups I witnessed. I had an adverse reaction to booster and CDC reporting site did not have a place to id the type vaccination or what my adverse reaction was. This reeks of corruption.

I didn’t bump this thread today, someone else did

But while we’re at it… and we now see how many people have gotten it later on….

Anyone still want to tell me I’m full of sh*t????

(Disclaimer: I’m fully vaccinated)

• Love
Reactions: au4life_rz
“Israel has one of the highest COVID vaccination rates in the world, having fully vaccinated 78 per cent of people 12 years and over.

Many people are surprised at the country’s resurgence of COVID cases since restrictions were lifted in June.”

Evidently it doesn’t keep a vaccinated person from getting it at all.

"everyone reacts differently"

It's impossible to know how severe a reaction will be, and therefore impossible to tell how severe a reaction would have been, on a specific individual. It's all statistics and best guesses.

same with vaccines- you cannot be evaluated for severity with AND without the vaccine, unless you acquire Covid before vaccination, and also after vaccination.

If you contract Covid after the vaccination........ the vaccine doesn't work, and there is no way to know if the vaccine helped, hurt, or had absolutely no effect.

Seems to me vaccine is worthless at preventing covid. Son, his wife, my 2 grandkids, other 2 inlaws caught it. All fully vaccinated and boosted. Where is the push for treatments? Is CDC afraid we will back off vaccinations? Many coverups I witnessed. I had an adverse reaction to booster and CDC reporting site did not have a place to id the type vaccination or what my adverse reaction was. This reeks of corruption.

I had an adverse reaction to booster and CDC reporting site did not have a place to id the type vaccination or what my adverse reaction was

Instruct your doctor to report it. Others here have said it is MANDATORY that all adverse reactions are reported to VAERS. That's not true. It "can be" reported... but if your Doc doesn't report after you report it to them, there will be an issue.

Wife and I are both vaccinated and both are at home with the virus now. Feels like a really bad case of the flu but it’s no joke. I had it almost a year ago and this is the first time for my wife.

We actually got the vaccine because we were traveling out of the country. I would do the same thing even knowing that I got the virus again.

ADVERTISEMENT