ADVERTISEMENT

People that are vaccinated still catching COVID afterward

Well, they didn’t say it was 100% effective

tenor.gif

The vaccines aren’t 100% effective...about 1 out of every 10 vaccinated people who catch the virus will have COVID symptoms. The purpose of the vaccines is to guarantee you won’t have to go to the hospital with the virus, which is what the trials and real-world studies have shown so far.

Last edited:
I know of 2 different people that got the vaccine in February and caught Covid this week. Anybody else hearing similar stories?

yes, I know of two doctors who tested covid positive after being vaccinated.

Reactions: fntiger
I know of 2 different people that got the vaccine in February and caught Covid this week. Anybody else hearing similar stories?
There’s a story about 100 people getting it post “vaccine” in Washington state. It’s because it’s not a vaccine - it’s experimental gene therapy. It merely acts to lessen the symptoms - something which cheap existing drugs like ivermectin already did.

I'd be curious about how symptomatic these people were ... and when they were tested positive / when they were vaccinated.

No question that vaccines are not 100% going to block COVID in your body, but if you get it, it should be short-lived and your body will properly fight it off. That's the point ... train the body to fight the disease prior to infection becoming widespread and the person contagious.

The vaccines aren’t 100% effective...about 1 out of every 10 vaccinated people will have COVID symptoms. The purpose of the vaccines is to guarantee you won’t have to go to the hospital with the virus, which is what the trials and real-world studies have shown so far.
Probably similar to the flu shot. Every year you hear of people getting flu even after they had a flu shot. Must be different strand or something? Who knows

Reactions: jdAU08

There are also variants and "immunity" will likely only last a few months following vaccination, but that is unknown right now due to the lack of time for testing. It is similar to the flu vaccine every year. It may help, but there are no guarantees.

Reactions: AU925
I've had both Pfizer shots and had COVID last January. Can't help it if I pass it around again. Just like a cold or the flu, we will all keep passing it around. You take precautions like washing hands and not shaking hands during a bad season. You protect YOURSELF the best way you can and then hope that doesn't make you pass it on to someone else. I haven't had the flu shot in 10 years because of my autoimmune problems. I do the best I can not to get it. Didn't have one this year but only had these shots because I want to travel.

We'll never see the end if we don't start acting like we can do something to help prevent it. We as a country are still flailing to figure out how this thing works. That's all we can do until we understand it more. But we can't stop living while they work on it. Or we can just give up.

IMHO/

IT doesn't keep you from catching COVID....it keeps you from dying or having to be on a vent, basically. Totally lessens symptoms...also, variants are the unknown as well.

I've not heard any stories. The Pfizer data out of Israel showed 97% effective against symptomatic illness, 94% effective against asymptomatic detection of the virus.

So yes, possible but highly unlikely.

100% effective against death and hospitalization is all that matters though.

False. Flu shot is about 40-50% efficacy on average. Literally half as effective as Pfizer/Moderna.
Are we certain though? Shots still rolling out in early stages. Can’t really know for sure until after 6 months or so (I would think)

Reactions: ncautiger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT