ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Monday musings...

Bro, we’re paying to fund this crap.

Yep. Paying to have writers dog our new coach cause of their feelings. Harsin has more drive in his pinkie finger than any of them. Guy has worked out and read two books on success before most people eat breakfast. Can't wait until this short lived "gotcha" is over...and I hope Harsin remembers this.

crying-tobey-maguire.gif

there's been at least three deaths related to clots directly after either the JJ or Pfizer vaccine...can't remember which and over 6k deaths that if you were going by the "covid" deaths standard would qualify.
You are spreading ignorant anti-vax propaganda. The 6k deaths you are referencing is the total number of deaths reported to VAERS within a certain time frame of people taking the vaccine. None of those deaths have been linked to any side effect caused by the vaccine. Even rice cakes admitted he was wrong and no deaths have been caused by the vaccine after @WarEagleG and I corrected him in the other thread. Do you have enough decency to do the same or will you continue to double down?

You are spreading ignorant anti-vax propaganda. The 6k deaths you are referencing is the total number of deaths reported to VAERS within a certain time frame of people taking the vaccine. None of those deaths have been linked to any side effect caused by the vaccine. Even rice cakes admitted he was wrong and no deaths have been caused by the vaccine after @WarEagleG and I corrected him in the other thread. Do you have enough decency to do the same or will you continue to double down?
I know three is not very many but you do not get to say none......This lady works at the CDC

She did note that “recent reports (here) indicate a plausible causal relationship between the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 Vaccine and Thrombosis with thrombocytopenia syndrome. TTS is a rare and severe adverse event—blood clots with low platelets—which has caused deaths." Sharan confirmed there are three known deaths associated with vaccines, and that deaths "were confirmed cases of TTS following the J&J/Janssen COVID-19 vaccine."

Reactions: Daniel Lucio
Didn’t the legislature legislate they couldn’t? Or does that no longer apply with FDA approval? I presume the latter, but thought someone may know for sure.
Not sure, but the full FDA approval should change the dynamic on that. If Auburn announced they wanted to add it to the list of required vaccinations now that it's fully approved, but the state wasn't allowing it, that would be a pretty good way to put pressure on the legislatures to allow it.

Reactions: PocketWatch
Not sure, but the full FDA approval should change the dynamic on that. If Auburn announced they wanted to add it to the list of required vaccinations now that it's fully approved, but the state wasn't allowing it, that would be a pretty good way to put pressure on the legislatures to allow it.
I deleted it as you were responding because I decided it was a stupid question. There’s no way a state legislature can prohibit a university from not being able to require an FDA approved vaccine during a pandemic. Just no way…….

Reactions: DM8
I deleted it as you were responding because I decided it was a stupid question. There’s no way a state legislature can prohibit a university from not being able to require an FDA approved vaccine during a pandemic. Just no way…….
You would think so, but I wouldn't put it past them to try. Our state law on vaccine exemptions does specifically prohibit them during an epidemic so someone was thinking ahead whenever that law was written.

Now this is an excellent point. If the University took the full FDA approval as an opportunity to add the COVID vaccine to the list of required vaccinations for all students, it would certainly help all of our coaches reach the SEC vaccination threshold.

1) What is the rule/law on when the school can require a certain vaccine? I have no idea what the answer to this is.

2) what happens if the University doesn't have access to the one that has been approved? I'm not saying Auburn doesn't have access to the Pfizer vaccine, I'm just asking the question.

Didn’t the Supreme Court recently say universities could deny admission based on the COVID vax? Happened with Indiana I presume that applies everywhere but maybe I missed some of the convo. FDA approval make it that much easier.

Reactions: DM8
1) What is the rule/law on when the school can require a certain vaccine? I have no idea what the answer to this is.

2) what happens if the University doesn't have access to the one that has been approved? I'm not saying Auburn doesn't have access to the Pfizer vaccine, I'm just asking the question.
1) I have no idea.

2) The University doesn't need a stockpile of vaccines. Just like every other vaccine that is currently required to enroll, students can go get it on their own. Pfizer vaccine is readily available everywhere. Every student can drive to any Walgreens or other drug stores today. Many places aren't even requiring an appointment anymore.

Didn’t the Supreme Court recently say universities could deny admission based on the COVID vax? Happened with Indiana I presume that applies everywhere but maybe I missed some of the convo. FDA approval make it that much easier.

I believe that case was not about being denied admission, but not being allowed to attend classes on campus. They could take classes online or file for an exemption (I think).

Reactions: Denim Vest
Correct, the courts have ruled in favor of vaccine mandates for schools, but the IU case was specific to Indiana Law. I believe their rule was an incentive program to encourage students to get vaccinated and blocked them from doing in person school until they were. UVA kicked a fairly large number of students out of school last week because they failed to adhere to their vax mandate. If Auburn, as a state school acting under state law, mandated the vaccine, it would be legal do so. The question is whether our state legislature would allow it which is obviously pretty unlikely.

Reactions: Denim Vest
1) I have no idea.

2) The University doesn't need a stockpile of vaccines. Just like every other vaccine that is currently required to enroll, students can go get it on their own. Pfizer vaccine is readily available everywhere. Every student can drive to any Walgreens or other drug stores today. Many places aren't even requiring an appointment anymore.

But the University would require vaccination, not provide it (I don't think)?

Do all Walgreens provide Pfizer?

This question, #2, was more for any college, not just Auburn.

I honestly do not know the how the vaccines are distributed, but in Auburn, through EAMC, we got Pfizer, but most I know in Birmingham got J&J

Correct, the courts have ruled in favor of vaccine mandates for schools, but those were lawsuits dealing with other states laws. If Auburn, as a state school acting under state law, mandated the vaccine, it would be legal do so. The question is whether our state legislature would allow it which is obviously pretty unlikely.

In this case, the vaccine was only mandated for on campus class attendance, not admission.

You would think so, but I wouldn't put it past them to try. Our state law on vaccine exemptions does specifically prohibit them during an epidemic so someone was thinking ahead whenever that law was written.
What about a pandemic?

Given a certain former president told Alabamians to take the vaccine while visiting this state a few days ago, I’d think there would be less political resistance. And now that football is involved…….

Reactions: furr623 and DM8
But the University would require vaccination, not provide it (I don't think)?

Do all Walgreens provide Pfizer?

This question, #2, was more for any college, not just Auburn.

I honestly do not know the how the vaccines are distributed, but in Auburn, through EAMC, we got Pfizer, but most I know in Birmingham got J&J
There were mandatory vaccines when I attended Auburn and I didn't go to the student health center to get them. All of the vaccines are now widely available at drug stores and other locations. If you want the Pfizer vaccine, all you have to do is show up at a Walgreens and ask for it.

So lets get this straight

we’re supposed to be mad at our head coarch because he elevated the principles of personal choice and responsibility for his players above the desires of the fans to POSSIBLY miss a football game?

“my body my choice” only applies to women walking into a “family planning” clinic?

er…I meant “birthing person.”

but not our predominantly minority football players…they need to do what everybody else is telling them to.

liberty is definitely over-rated…because “SCIENCE!”
So much yikes from a reasonable poster.

Thought you were smarter.

To compare a public health crisis such as this to my body my choice regarding abortion.. Just so ****ing brain dead stupid.

Damn.

Reactions: Stumpfan and DM8
What about a pandemic?

Given a certain former president told Alabamians to take the vaccine while visiting this state a few days ago, I’d think there would be less political resistance. And now that football is involved…….
Our state law specifically bars anyone from getting an exemption from a mandatory vaccine during a pandemic so logic would certainly lead you to conclude they should be in favor of making a vaccine mandatory during a pandemic that's fully FDA approved.

There were mandatory vaccines when I attended Auburn and I didn't go to the student health center to get them. All of the vaccines are now widely available at drug stores and other locations. If you want the Pfizer vaccine, all you have to do is show up at a Walgreens and ask for it.

I don't think that is accurate. I just asked a Walgreen's pharmacist about choosing what vaccine you want at any Walgreens. Their Walgreens only are providing Moderna. I believe the Walgreens in Columbus, GA only provide Pfizer.

I don't think that is accurate. I just asked a Walgreen's pharmacist about choosing what vaccine you want at any Walgreens. Their Walgreens only are providing Moderna. I believe the Walgreens in Columbus, GA only provide Pfizer.
Ran a search in Birmingham and Montgomery on the Walgreens website and there are 16 locations offering the Pfizer vaccine between the 2 cities. And that's just walgreens. There are plenty of other places also offering the vaccine. Finding a place to get it is no longer an issue if you are student in the state of Alabama. (or anywhere else, I'd assume.)

At this point finding a Pfizer vaccine just isn’t an issue.

Also, they would have time to do this. AU isn’t going to say you have 12 hours to get vaccinated or your out. No refunds.

At least one would think……

Ran a search in Birmingham and Montgomery on the Walgreens website and there are 16 locations offering the Pfizer vaccine between the 2 cities. And that's just walgreens. There are plenty of other places also offering the vaccine. Finding a place to get it is no longer an issue if you are student in the state of Alabama. (or anywhere else, I'd assume.)
Okay

At this point finding a Pfizer vaccine just isn’t an issue.

Also, they would have time to do this. AU isn’t going to say you have 12 hours to get vaccinated or your out. No refunds.

At least one would think……

Zero chance that would or could be enforced once the semester has started

Zero chance that would or could be enforced once the semester has started
I don’t see how the semester having started would matter.

At least as far as requiring it by a certain time to attend in-person classes…..and in person extracurricular activists. (Or whatever the proper term is.)

The semester having started may cause the university to provide on campus shots for everyone who doesn’t want to find it on their on.

Or maybe I’m missing something.

At least as far as requiring it by a certain time to attend in-person classes…..and in person extracurricular activists. (Or whatever the proper term is.)

may cause the university to provide on campus shots for everyone who wants it over a couple of weeks…..
Regardless of whether its mandatory, it would certainly be a great idea to have vaccination sites set up on campus. This would make it convenient for every student and create an opportunity to provide them with the accurate information on the safety and effectiveness of the vaccines.

Guys relax. Bmatt put a lot of thought into whether to post this or not. Ha!! Piles on with the rest of the media

The semester having started may cause the university to provide on campus shots for everyone who doesn’t want to find it on their on.

Or maybe I’m missing something.

I just don't see anyway they could with classes having already started. I could be wrong.

GA is starting to blow up. Seeing it locally. No appointments all week for testing in the pharmacies near me (about 8). Models have it leading the nation in a week or two. I hope that model is wrong.

So much yikes from a reasonable poster.

Thought you were smarter.

To compare a public health crisis such as this to my body my choice regarding abortion.. Just so ****ing brain dead stupid.

Damn.
Not sure that if you look at the actual severity of this crisis as opposed to the hysteria and attendant societal costs you could reasonably come to any other conclusion.

more to the point, those on the left have a visceral and predictable reaction to BOTH topics, yet in theory they should be wholly unrelated and there should be zero correlation between the two.

yet here we are. Mission accomplished.

It would be a better plan for the university to require the vaccine. That takes responsibility out of Harsin’s hands. Especially now that it’s FDA approved
I don't think the University can as a result of State Senators Author Orr's bill.

Bmatt couldn’t wait to throw his coach under the bus for political reasons
I agree... it def looked that way. I personally am vaccinated and think it's a smart decision to get vaccinated, but it did seem like he went out of his way to throw shade. It makes it look like he is unable to cover things objectively... undisciplined and pussyfied IMO.

Not sure that if you look at the actual severity of this crisis as opposed to the hysteria and attendant societal costs you could reasonably come to any other conclusion.

more to the point, those on the left have a visceral and predictable reaction to BOTH topics, yet in theory they should be wholly unrelated and there should be zero correlation between the two.

yet here we are. Mission accomplished.
????

You have gotten trumped I guess?

Damn.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT