ADVERTISEMENT

Great tweet on how the vaccines are performing

Suspiciously, I seriously can't find any of the articles, studies or stats that I've found over the past few weeks, (at least, not using Google). However, I did do a quick search even though I don't have time to read the articles I'm linking.

My primary point was that the count is not likely zero as was reported in the study posted earlier in the thread. Great spin, and furthering of the fake news, manipulative push seems to be taking place. Just stop it, be as truthful and forthcoming as possible, and let folks make their own informed decisions.

Potential article on deaths from the Covid vaccine

Seems like you probably do have time to read the articles based on the posts in this thread.

So @au4life_rz , what were the parameters of "vaccine death" in the articles you read? You get the vaccine, and then 10 minutes later you're dead? Or you die one or two weeks later? An hour later? Was Hank Aaron a vaccine death?

No, of course it's not a 10 minute deal. You had a few from anaphylaxis, and some others that were associated. As I've said repeatedly, it's a very small percentage, but when I see BS such as @gatorz1209 posted saying that there are none, and folks saying that it's ABSOLUTELY 100% safe etc., (as if we know for a fact that no medium or long term issues will pop up), it's agitating. I don't like that type of lying/fake news/manipulation.

I'd expect that most reasonably intelligent folks would understand that while we should look at data immediately, we still only have a VERY small data sample, and folks shouldn't rush to draw definitive conclusions, but that's what's happening. The manipulation and marketing push is really deceiving a lot of folks, and they are making decisions based on baked and skewed information.

Of course I understand that the overall goal is to get as many people as possible to take it, but don't manipulate and lie to do that. Use reason, logic, provide all information and allow folks to make their own informed decisions. @GONIG BUCK (I edited it)

Last edited:
Of course I understand that the overall goal is to get as many people as possible to take it, but don't manipulate and lie to do that. Use reason, logic, provide all information and allow folks to make their own informed decisions.

With the amount of people who are adamantly against taking the vaccine, it's obvious people are making their own decisions. Whether they're informed, I'm not so sure about.

No, of course it's not a 10 minute deal. You had a few from anaphylaxis, and some others that were associated. As I've said repeatedly, it's a very small percentage, but when I see BS such as @gatorz1209 posted saying that there are none, and folks saying that it's ABSOLUTELY 100% safe etc., (as if we know for a fact that no medium or long term issues will pop up), it's agitating. I don't like that type of lying/fake news/manipulation.

Of course I understand that the overall goal is to get as many people as possible to take it, but don't manipulate and lie to do that. Use reason, logic, provide all information and allow folks to make their own informed decisions.
You wanna answer my last question or no?

What stats are they holding from us?

Reactions: DM8
I mean, many people who are getting the vaccine now are already in fragile health or have chronic conditions.

Absolutely, and most reasonably intelligent and informed people will DEFINITELY take such common sensical things into consideration. There is no need to point out that it's a very small percentage, or that many were old, and some were fragile etc., unless someone is making the mistake of leaving out those types of considerations and posting shaky stats as fact.

On the flip side, you have those who believe that NO ONE has had an adverse reaction, we KNOW that it's 100% safe in the medium and long term, and that we will have no deaths from the vaccines. That's just not realistic, nor is it intelligent.

With the amount of people who are adamantly against taking the vaccine, it's obvious people are making their own decisions. Whether they're informed, I'm not so sure about.

Exactly. And they need to stop with some of the zeitgeist bullying I've seen, posting of fake news stats, and other marketing tricks meant to manipulate those dissenters into taking the vaccine. Use logic, reason if you feel that's the path to take, but don't resort to manipulation and lying.

You wanna answer my last question or no?

What stats are they holding from us?

I'll answer when you answer the questions I've asked you, (that you've clearly ignored). But big hint...go look at the stats you used to start the thread, and then turn on your brain and see if you can apply the ques given repeatedly in this thread to figure it out.

Please go find someone else since we're no longer having an reasonably mature discussion any longer.

I'll answer when you answer the questions I've asked you, (that you've clearly ignored).

Please go find someone else since we're no longer having an reasonably mature discussion any longer.
So you have no answer but only speculation and conspiracy theory?

I've edited the post. Go back. There are some MASSIVE bread crumbs for you.
Post them here. I’m not going back.

If you can’t answer my question, and want to spew bullshit, that’s fine. You really haven’t given a clear answer to anything ITT, other than letting us all know you want to be “informed” before making a decision. Regardless of the tweet in my OP, what information is going to keep you from getting the vaccine? What concerns you about the vaccine?

You aren't following too well, and seem to be more interested in conducting a silly pissing match. You may be able to read, but you aren't comprehending very well. I didn't "choose to trust" any particular site, and I clearly said that I look at information from as many sources as I can, while taking into account where the info came from, and what their agenda is. I also clearly said that I couldn't find the more solid sources and articles that I've seen over the past few weeks. Google isn't showing them now. Also, if you're saying that bloomberg is an "anti-vaccine site", or that the news station from Norway is anti-vaccine, then that tells us a lot about your honesty and integrity levels.

I made a simple point; not in response to your stats, but in response to the initial poster whose information said there were NO deaths from the vaccine. Anyone remotely informed, and with more than half a brain should KNOW that's not likely to be true. Even with the old school types of vaccines, there will be a few blips, and learning incidents. Considering history, only the most naive would expect that we might not see similar things with this completely new class of vaccines, based on new technology that we don't fully understand. We'll probably be learning for the next few decades, (before we have a real grip on the complete picture, and can say definitively that "there are NO side-effects").

I'll continue to protest any spin, and manipulation of the public that I see, as I believe in being forthcoming and allowing folks to make their own informed decisions. You may not see the manipulation, or not recognize it, but it's there. Well intentioned in most cases, but definitely there. I just hate manipulation, delusion and deception and it's becoming more prevalent with this group-think, herd mentality and bullying and such that has come as a result of social media and other things.

this mRNA technology has been in the works for 2-3 decades. I would argue that we do fully understand how it works. It’s actually simple cellular biology/genetics. The hard part was making the mRNA last long enough to get it inside of cells.

Absolutely, and most reasonably intelligent and informed people will DEFINITELY take such common sensical things into consideration. There is no need to point out that it's a very small percentage, or that many were old, and some were fragile etc., unless someone is making the mistake of leaving out those types of considerations and posting shaky stats as fact.

On the flip side, you have those who believe that NO ONE has had an adverse reaction, we KNOW that it's 100% safe in the medium and long term, and that we will have no deaths from the vaccines. That's just not realistic, nor is it intelligent.

you obviously mistake me for someone else. The statistics I linked showed some adverse effects and listed 200 deaths as occurring after vaccination. No medication is 100% safe. I am not arguing that. Water can kill you if given in a high enough dose (and not from drowning, from hyponatremia).

Very concerned about the new strains. Family of 4 in Nebraska all got it, verified, and got it again 9 weeks later, different strain. Scary.

Very concerned about the new strains. Family of 4 in Nebraska all got it, verified, and got it again 9 weeks later, different strain. Scary.
I wouldn’t worry too much, there have been reports that the current vaccines are still effective against these new strains

Two of the family members that had the repeat case had been vaccinated both rounds.
You can still catch the virus after the vaccine, but the vaccine should provide a strong immune response and prevent serious illness.

Reactions: Jackson-3
You can still catch the virus after the vaccine, but the vaccine should provide a strong immune response and prevent serious illness.
This. At this point the vaccine is to prevent serious illness and immune system defense. It doesn’t block it from coming in your body just keeps you from dying

It should...the people caught it 2 months after having it the first time, which blows the idea about 90 days of immunity...and 2 of them had also been vaccinated both rounds.

I think it's fair to say that much of what we're getting about this thing is wishful thinking, not based in research...because the data doesn't exist yet.

Reactions: au4life_rz
This. At this point the vaccine is to prevent serious illness and immune system defense. It doesn’t block it from coming in your body just keeps you from dying

The 2nd round cases were much worse and required hospitalizations.

this mRNA technology has been in the works for 2-3 decades. I would argue that we do fully understand how it works. It’s actually simple cellular biology/genetics. The hard part was making the mRNA last long enough to get it inside of cells.

you obviously mistake me for someone else. The statistics I linked showed some adverse effects and listed 200 deaths as occurring after vaccination. No medication is 100% safe. I am not arguing that. Water can kill you if given in a high enough dose (and not from drowning, from hyponatremia).

We're not discussing how long it's been in the works. There is a reason that we haven't used it before, but in short, it's use in the general public is new, and it's quite naive to believe that we have a "2-3 decades" grasp on the long term impacts of instructing cells to manufacture a foreign protein from the Covid virus, (not to mention the substrate/inert ingredients). I just happen to believe that we should take a different tact with it. That's all.

You are correct that in firing off responses, I mistakenly thought I was responding to the OP @gatorz1209, who links stats saying that there were NO DEATHS. That foolishness is what prompted me to say, "Look, let's not spin it and use fake news to get people to take it". My apologies.

It should...the people caught it 2 months after having it the first time, which blows the idea about 90 days of immunity...and 2 of them had also been vaccinated both rounds.

I think it's fair to say that much of what we're getting about this thing is wishful thinking, not based in research...because the data doesn't exist yet.

I'm eagerly waiting to see if we get caught up in a cycle of having to get repeated vaccines over and over every 3-4 months. If it only confers protection/immunity for 2-4 months, it would certainly seem that we'd be stuck in a perpetual cycle of "vaccination".

The virus is being sold/pushed as a cure all by politicians and others as they glad-hand the impact, but we may eventually have to approach this virus like we have EVERY OTHER VIRULENT agent we've faced in the history of mankind. Be smart, quarantine a bit at first to keep from overrunning the medical system, but if we get out of balance, we could indeed end up doing much more overall harm than good. Why are we approaching this so differently? It's a bad boy, but it's not a combination of measles, Ebola and bubonic plague all wrapped up in one, so are the considerable risks worth it???

I'm also wondering why CDC and most other agencies are advising folks to take the vaccine, even if they had actual COVID, and are still within that 2-4 month window. Does the vaccine confer some immunity that the actual virus doesn't confer itself??? If not, then it would seem to make no sense/defy logic unless they just want everyone to take it.

We're not discussing how long it's been in the works. There is a reason that we haven't used it before, but in short, it's use in the general public is new, and it's quite naive to believe that we have a "2-3 decades" grasp on the long term impacts of instructing cells to manufacture a foreign protein from the Covid virus, (not to mention the substrate/inert ingredients). I just happen to believe that we should take a different tact with it. That's all.

You are correct that in firing off responses, I mistakenly thought I was responding to the OP @gatorz1209, who links stats saying that there were NO DEATHS. That foolishness is what prompted me to say, "Look, let's not spin it and use fake news to get people to take it". My apologies.
Look chief, if you don’t want to answer my question, that’s fine. I’ll ask once more, just in case you have something intelligent to say:

Regardless of the tweet in my OP, what information is going to keep you from getting the vaccine? What concerns you about the vaccine?

I'm eagerly waiting to see if we get caught up in a cycle of having to get repeated vaccines over and over every 3-4 months. If it only confers protection/immunity for 2-4 months, it would certainly seem that we'd be stuck in a perpetual cycle of "vaccination".
The problem is bc of people like you that don't take the vaccine, this virus will stick around. Well, viruses mutate, that's what they do to survive. So when a population is exposed to the 4-5th generation mutated version, the vaccine eventually is not going to work (or as good) bc it was developed to stop a virus that is significantly genetically different than the prevalent virus in the community. The scientific way to stop this is for everyone to get vaccinated as quickly as possible so there is not much virus in the population. No or decreased virus in the population then it can't replicate as much = less chance of a mutation = vaccine eradicates it or works effectively for all.

The vaccine will work for more than 2 months the problem is the mutations that are going to develop bc a lot aren't taking it.

The problem is bc of people like you that don't take the vaccine, this virus will stick around. Well, viruses mutate, that's what they do to survive. So when a population is exposed to the 4-5th generation mutated version, the vaccine eventually is not going to work (or as good) bc it was developed to stop a virus that is significantly genetically different than the prevalent virus in the community. The scientific way to stop this is for everyone to get vaccinated as quickly as possible so there is not much virus in the population. No or decreased virus in the population then it can't replicate as much = less chance of a mutation = vaccine eradicates it or works effectively for all.

The vaccine will work for more than 2 months the problem is the mutations that are going to develop bc a lot aren't taking it.
No need to explain it to him. He’s going to question everything, despite top scientists/epidemiologists telling him these vaccines are safe. He’s just a modern day Socrates.

Reactions: DM8 and JLEAGLE07
Look chief, if you don’t want to answer my question, that’s fine. I’ll ask once more, just in case you have something intelligent to say:

Regardless of the tweet in my OP, what information is going to keep you from getting the vaccine? What concerns you about the vaccine?

1. How many deaths from the vaccine did the statistics that you used to start this thread with, show???

2. Are you familiar at all with the number of deaths we've typically had from even old school vaccines??? If so, why did you believe that tweet???

These are the questions that I asked you, that you continue to dodge. It's just silly at this point. You started a thread using obvious fake news, and I simply said that I don't feel that's the best approach. Do you disagree???

1. How many deaths from the vaccine did the statistics that you used to start this thread with, show???

2. Are you familiar at all with the number of deaths we've typically had from even old school vaccines??? If so, why did you believe that tweet???

These are the questions that I asked you, that you continue to dodge. It's just silly at this point. You started a thread using obvious fake news, and I simply said that I don't feel that's the best approach. Do you disagree???
Again, throw the tweet out the window. This is about you coming in and acting as if we need more testing on these vaccines, despite the fact that scientists and physicians much smarter than you or I have been studying the effects for years. All of the data shows they are both effective and very safe. You are waaaay too worried about the tweet. Let it go, guy.

So in conclusion, your only approach is to QuEsTiOn EvErYtHiNg!!!! The bunker’s own Socrates😂

Again, throw the tweet out the window. This is about you coming in and acting as if we need more testing on these vaccines, despite the fact that scientists and physicians much smarter than you or I have been studying the effects for years. All of the data shows they are both effective and very safe. You are waaaay too worried about the tweet. Let it go, guy.

So in conclusion, your only approach is to QuEsTiOn EvErYtHiNg!!!! The bunker’s own Socrates😂

"Throw the tweet out the window" is a cute little attempt to deflect, but I'm certain most of us saw right through it. Answer the dang question, or admit that you posted some fake news from the latest hype cycle. That type of coy deception, was my primary complaint. Do you feel your data was accurate, yes or no? THEN, we can move on to other things.

If you think that we have been "studying the effects of using" mRNA or DNA to replicate Covid, then I don't know what to tell you. If you have faith that we definitely know their won't be any long term negative impacts, then that's your prerogative. Stop with the childish attempts to deflect, and just admit that your data is likely WRONG, and we can certainly move on.

"Throw the tweet out the window" is a cute little attempt to deflect, but I'm certain most of us saw right through it. Answer the dang question, or admit that you posted some fake news from the latest hype cycle. That type of coy deception, was my primary complaint. Do you feel your data was accurate, yes or no? THEN, we can move on to other things.

If you think that we have been "studying the effects of using" mRNA or DNA to replicate Covid, then I don't know what to tell you. If you have faith that we definitely know their won't be any long term negative impacts, then that's your prerogative. Stop with the childish attempts to deflect, and just admit that your data is likely WRONG, and we can certainly move on.
Sounds like we’re not moving on 😂

Antigenic drift caused by mass vaccination will likely lead to the virus attenuating and becoming like the common cold. At least that's the hope. The alternate is the virus adapts and becomes more deadly but from an evolutionary aspect that leads to the virus dying out at times the way Ebola and other highly lethal viruses operate.
We get Flu shots every season because the virus evades the host immune response and is generally less infectious unless you get a random triple reassortment event like the one that lead to the California/2009 pandemic strain (that started in Mexico) or the BIG worry of an avian strain (H5N1) adapting and being able to ready infect the alpha 2,6 sialoglycans present in the upper respiratory tract of humans as well as the alpha 2,3 present in birds. The closest we've seen to that recently (Surprise) was the H7N9 strain that took off in early 2013 in China and other parts of Asia and had a very high mortality rate.

Antigenic drift caused by mass vaccination will likely lead to the virus attenuating and becoming like the common cold. At least that's the hope. The alternate is the virus adapts and becomes more deadly but from an evolutionary aspect that leads to the virus dying out at times the way Ebola and other highly lethal viruses operate.
We get Flu shots every season because the virus evades the host immune response and is generally less infectious unless you get a random triple reassortment event like the one that lead to the California/2009 pandemic strain (that started in Mexico) or the BIG worry of an avian strain (H5N1) adapting and being able to ready infect the alpha 2,6 sialoglycans present in the upper respiratory tract of humans as well as the alpha 2,3 present in birds. The closest we've seen to that recently (Surprise) was the H7N9 strain that took off in early 2013 in China and other parts of Asia and had a very high mortality rate.
yeah, lets hope so. Luckily these mRNA vaccines are easy to manipulate to changing viral genomes.

yeah, lets hope so. Luckily these mRNA vaccines are easy to manipulate to changing viral genomes.
I don't want to undersell that point, because I know the things that can go wrong during the design/testing phases for CVV (speaking from my experience) but in general you should just be able to insert a new cassette with the altered spike protein sequence and generate a new vaccine.

I don't want to undersell that point, because I know the things that can go wrong during the design/testing phases for CVV (speaking from my experience) but in general you should just be able to insert a new cassette with the altered spike protein sequence and generate a new vaccine.

Do you mind stating what you do for a living?

Just got shot #1 (Moderna) and scheduled the second dose for 3/2. No negatives to speak of, feel fine. My wife had her first shot yesterday (also Moderna) and her only complaint was that her arm was pretty sore yesterday/this morning. They recommended we take Tylenol for any soreness and NOT Advil/Ibuprofen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT