ADVERTISEMENT

Great tweet on how the vaccines are performing

When I go to the ADPH dashboard and see that 772,000 doses of vaccine have been received but only 360,000 have been administered I have a really hard time understanding the "not enough to go around" narrative.
Is this similar to the situation in Florida where people insinuated that they had received far more vaccine doses than they had been administering... only to find out that the excess doses were actually the 2nd doses that were reserved for senior citizens? Just wondering. All the data points get a little confusing.

I know. My dad still won’t get it though.
Yeah, my Dad is the same way and I told him he was Fu***** idiot the other day. He has no reason for not getting it. Won't even read up on the effectiveness and safety of it. The people not getting this vaccine will be the reason nothing will ever go back to normal.

Yeah, my Dad is the same way and I told him he was Fu***** idiot the other day. He has no reason for not getting it. Won't even read up on the effectiveness and safety of it. The people not getting this vaccine will be the reason nothing will ever go back to normal.

The man won’t get a flu shot or a cpap even though he has snored for years. Just the way he is.

Attorneys and courtroom personnel were just last week added to the list of people in Alabama who can get vaccinations now. I’m not saying I agree with it, but I also know that the quicker everyone gets vaccinated the better. So I took the opportunity and got it. I don’t think they ran out of vaccinations Friday (they were doing them at the cruise terminal in Mobile), so I didn’t think I was keeping someone who needed it more from getting it.

Why this change was made? No idea. I think there are other groups who need to be added to the list waaaay before lawyers.

That said, I wonder if they gave all the lawyers a “special” vaccine and we will all be dead in a few weeks. If so, well played.
I have struggled with this as well. My profession is on the list to get vaccinated now although I am in a lower risk age group.

Everyone I have asked has told me I am doing the most good by getting the vaccine. But it definitely feels odd knowing I am in line in front of people who likely need it more.

I am the type of person who doesn’t like to be sitting on a bus when other people have to stand.

Reactions: MattAU05
Yes. There are reports out there that list around 200. It's extremely low, but I'm just the type that prefer honest dissemination of information so that individuals can make informed decisions for themselves, as opposed to this new wave of fake news, and mass manipulation where authorities withhold information, or spin if they feel their opinion is best for the general public, (such as choosing to lie and say that masks don't do any good early on, and then changing the advice once we got our stocks up etc.).

In addition, no one is mentioning the possibility of medium term and long term complications. Too frequently, we short arm decisions, and rush forward with ostensible data and results, without considering the bigger picture/totality of the situation.

Everyone is being SUPER reactionary in how we are dealing with this thing. Man has faced all kinds of virulent pathogens, and we've NEVER reacted, (over-reacted), like this before. It was smart to quarantine and buy ourselves some time to plan, and not overrun the medical system, but now we're rushing forward with this relatively new technology. Is anyone out with the DNA vaccine yet? Why the massive push for these new technology vaccines, and threats of sweeping policy, closing borders, etc.? What's the ultimate end game and purpose of it all? I, for one, will stop and consider all of this, instead of operating in blind faith. I wonder if most taking it even understand the differences between this new class of vaccine, and old vaccines, or if they just blindly trust the doctors, "science", governments, and those behind the scenes really driving these things.
So, according to your word, there are roughly 200 people who passed away due to vaccine, out of roughly 26mm people who have received at least one dose of the vaccine. I still have not seen any data related to your claim, but if it holds true, that's 0.000769% of those who have received at least one dose of the vaccine as of today. Not saying that is your reason for abstaining from the vaccine, but if that's someone's reasoning, they might want to reconsider their stance.

Ok, your second point regarding medium-to-long term complications. What do you expect us to do? Wait several years for more testing of the vaccines? 450K people have died from COVID19 in the last 10 months in our country alone. How many more deaths can we take at this point? Our hospital systems are being stretched to their limit the last several months, people are losing friends and family WAY too early, and small businesses are crumbling left and right. mRNA vaccines have been studied for decades. This isn't new technology, and yes, I'll "blindly" trust scientists and doctors, who study vaccines and viruses for a living, over anything else when it comes to this area of business.

I understand, you're skeptical. But when lives are on the line, waffling doesn't get the job done, my man.

Good grief. Do you have any other strawmen, and weak points you can throw out??? I'm not really viping at y'all's spun agenda. I'm just asking for basic truth to be told, (similar to when this thing first hit the U.S. and instead of just saying "We don't have enough masks", they chose to lie and say that masks didn't really do anything).

If you want more folks to take the vaccine, just tell the truth, but don't lie and say that none of the deaths had anything to do with the vaccine, if that's not the absolute truth.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you didn't read a single slide of the link I posted? You asked for data, I provided it. You called it a strawman. It has all of the relevant data from vaccination you are asking for.

I would love to know why you think I have an "agenda" and where exactly I am "lying".

Reactions: gatorz1209
When I go to the ADPH dashboard and see that 772,000 doses of vaccine have been received but only 360,000 have been administered I have a really hard time understanding the "not enough to go around" narrative.

Honestly don't understand it. My boy in Texas lives in a town of 130k and the city doesn't have any. His grandparents are traveling later this week over 70 miles to a town of 8,000 to get theirs and their friends traveled 40 miles to a town of 9,000 to get theirs.

This is beyond exciting. My parents are getting their second round of Moderna in the next week, thank goodness. Weight lifted off my shoulders.

That's great news on the vaccine and your parents. My dad is 71 and has Parkinson's, but we've been told repeatedly he isn't eligible for the vaccine yet because its only available for 75 and over in Alabama. Frustrating situation to say the least.

So, according to your word, there are roughly 200 people who passed away due to vaccine, out of roughly 26mm people who have received at least one dose of the vaccine. I still have not seen any data related to your claim, but if it holds true, that's 0.000769% of those who have received at least one dose of the vaccine as of today. Not saying that is your reason for abstaining from the vaccine, but if that's someone's reasoning, they might want to reconsider their stance.

Ok, your second point regarding medium-to-long term complications. What do you expect us to do? Wait several years for more testing of the vaccines? 450K people have died from COVID19 in the last 10 months in our country alone. How many more deaths can we take at this point? Our hospital systems are being stretched to their limit the last several months, people are losing friends and family WAY too early, and small businesses are crumbling left and right. mRNA vaccines have been studied for decades. This isn't new technology, and yes, I'll "blindly" trust scientists and doctors, who study vaccines and viruses for a living, over anything else when it comes to this area of business.

I understand, you're skeptical. But when lives are on the line, waffling doesn't get the job done, my man.

I've not attacked your right to choose to rush out and get it. I've simply said that I would prefer that they tell the TRUTH, and not use fake news and baked statistics to glad-hand everything to get folks to take it.

In the post that you quoted, I said that the death rate was "extremely low", so I don't see the point of you pointing out that it is indeed very low. Again, I didn't attack your right to take it, nor did I say you shouldn't take it. I just said I'd like for them to be straight-forward and honest. I do see possibilities that most don't think about. It's similar to the way the virus e-mails and scams work. They want you to panic, and rush out and take an IMMEDIATE action without thinking things through, only using ostensible data. Some may do that, while others will connect the dots and consider the bigger picture concerns, and agendas too.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess you didn't read a single slide of the link I posted? You asked for data, I provided it. You called it a strawman. It has all of the relevant data from vaccination you are asking for.

I would love to know why you think I have an "agenda" and where exactly I am "lying".

Incorrect. I didn't ask you for a single piece of data.

Also, when I want to assess such things, I don't rely on a single source. I'm looking at as many studies as I can, trying to also see who produced them, and what their agendas might be, so that I can determine the best approximation of the truth, somewhere "in the middle" of all of the fake news and manipulative propaganda.

I would argue that is 26 million people all ate a banana split with extra whip topping it wouldn’t be a shocker if 200 of them didn’t live another week.

True dat. But the operative and all-important question is whether there is a hard link to the bananas split CAUSING any of those deaths. If there is a cause, then we need to be realistic about it, and learn from it so that we can adjust, improve and move things forward. Don't lie and bake, and fake things.

Reactions: Lungbuster

Also, when I want to assess such things, I don't rely on a single source. I'm looking at as many studies as I can, trying to also see who produced them, and what their agendas might be, so that I can determine the best approximation of the truth, somewhere "in the middle" of all of the fake news and manipulative propaganda.

Can you please post/link the data where you are finding deaths as a direct result to people taking the vaccine?

I've not attacked your right to choose to rush out and get it. I've simply said that I would prefer that they tell the TRUTH, and not use fake news and baked statistics to glad-hand everything to get folks to take it.

In the post that you quoted, I said that the death rate was "extremely low", so I don't see the point of you pointing out that it is indeed very low. Again, I didn't attack your right to take it, nor did I say you shouldn't take it. I just said I'd like for them to be straight-forward and honest. I do see possibilities that most don't think about. It's similar to the way the virus e-mails and scams work. They want you to panic, and rush out and take an IMMEDIATE action without thinking things through, only using ostensible data. Some may do that, while others will connect the dots and consider the bigger picture concerns, and agendas too.
If I’m being honest, you’re honestly coming across as someone thinking this is all one big conspiracy. Who isn’t telling the truth? Should the news talk about deaths of people after receiving the flu vaccine? Because I guarantee you people have died after receiving the flu vaccine.

True dat. But the operative and all-important question is whether there is a hard link to the bananas split CAUSING any of those deaths. If there is a cause, then we need to be realistic about it, and learn from it so that we can adjust, improve and move things forward. Don't lie and bake, and fake things.

Im all in with you brother but as you previously stated they have spread bad info on this from the beginning and I don’t know what to believe either. All I can do is trust my Doctor who said I needed to take it,

You asked for "truth" and I linked peer-reviewed data gathered from vaccine patients in the U.S.. I'm not sure what more I can do to show you "truth". I have no agenda, other than to see this mess over and patients/people to stop dying. The vaccine is absolutely our BEST CHANCE of having that happen. Perhaps there will be some deaths directly related to the vaccine, but if that absolute number is a tiny fraction of what is dying from COVID, then so be it.

For example: Seat belts save a ton of lives every year. However, there are probably a handful of wrecks where seatbelts actually caused the death of a passenger or two. If the good outweighs the bad, especially to a really large degree, its worth it.

Another example: there are medications to treat diseases that were previously really difficult, if not impossible to control. Now those meds come with a very rare side effect of an incurable, aggressive malignancy. These medications can change the quality and longevity of those people's lives. If we were to cancel them due to this incredibly rare side effect, we would miss out on a ton of benefits.

You wouldn't believe any data that I could provide, so I'm not sure why I'm even still trying. I don't know what you would accept as "truth", so we are likely at a point where this conversation is just not useful.

Reactions: gatorz1209 and DM8

Every single credible study has shown that the COVID vaccine(s) are effective and safe. Anyone who tells you that you are more likely to get seriously ill or die from the vaccine than you are from contracting COVID is pushing ant-vax nonsense.

You asked for "truth" and I linked peer-reviewed data gathered from vaccine patients in the U.S.. I'm not sure what more I can do to show you "truth". I have no agenda, other than to see this mess over and patients/people to stop dying. The vaccine is absolutely our BEST CHANCE of having that happen. Perhaps there will be some deaths directly related to the vaccine, but if that absolute number is a tiny fraction of what is dying from COVID, then so be it.

For example: Seat belts save a ton of lives every year. However, there are probably a handful of wrecks where seatbelts actually caused the death of a passenger or two. If the good outweighs the bad, especially to a really large degree, its worth it.

Another example: there are medications to treat diseases that were previously really difficult, if not impossible to control. Now those meds come with a very rare side effect of an incurable, aggressive malignancy. These medications can change the quality and longevity of those people's lives. If we were to cancel them due to this incredibly rare side effect, we would miss out on a ton of benefits.

You wouldn't believe any data that I could provide, so I'm not sure why I'm even still trying. I don't know what you would accept as "truth", so we are likely at a point where this conversation is just not useful.

You're offering vapid strawmen that I have certainly not advocated for. Who among us wouldn't, in general, trade losing a few, for saving the lives of many??? Just completely silly stuff. In addition, I'm certainly not referring to you when I speak of the agenda and possible overall end goal for everything that is happening.

If you are convinced that you can read my mind, and I would believe any data that you could provide, then it is indeed best that you not waste time replying. I'm ranting against a tidal wave a bit, but my primary point is rather simple, (but you've misinterpreted most of it, and strawmanned, the heck out of the remainder).

Every single credible study has shown that the COVID vaccine(s) are effective and safe. Anyone who tells you that you are more likely to get seriously ill or die from the vaccine than you are from contracting COVID is pushing ant-vax nonsense.

Honest question D. Did I EVER say someone told me that folks were "more likely to get seriously ill or die" from the vaccine than contracting C-19??? If I didn't say or remotely imply that, why bring such a strawman into the mix???

Lastly, can you say without a doubt, that we are 100% sure that there will be no medium, and/or long term negative impacts from this completely new types of vaccines, (i.e. mRNA and DNA vaccines)??? If you can't do that, how can you make such a definitive statement? If you're only talking about the immediate safety, then you should qualify it as such. That's the type of honesty and full disclosure I'd like to see.

While we ALWAYS want to see science advance and help society and mankind out, we're always foolishly, somewhat blindly rushing ahead, looking 1 foot off of the ground with a relatively myopic perspective, while furiously ripping the lid off of Pandora's box. When the reality is that we don't understand enough of the full ramifications and impacts of our actions.

Don't deceive the general public and act as if this thing is 100% airtight, and glad-hand it as if there are 0 risks because we want as many as possible to take it. Provide as much information as possible, advise, but then allow folks to make informed decisions for themselves.

Can you please post/link the data where you are finding deaths as a direct result to people taking the vaccine?

Suspiciously, I seriously can't find any of the articles, studies or stats that I've found over the past few weeks, (at least, not using Google). However, I did do a quick search even though I don't have time to read the articles I'm linking.

My primary point was that the count is not likely zero as was reported in the study posted earlier in the thread. Great spin, and furthering of the fake news, manipulative push seems to be taking place. Just stop it, be as truthful and forthcoming as possible, and let folks make their own informed decisions.

Potential article on deaths from the Covid vaccine

Suspiciously, I seriously can't find any of the articles, studies or stats that I've found over the past few weeks, (at least, not using Google). However, I did do a quick search even though I don't have time to read the articles I'm linking.

My primary point was that the count is not likely zero as was reported in the study posted earlier in the thread. Great spin, and furthering of the fake news, manipulative push seems to be taking place. Just stop it, be as truthful and forthcoming as possible, and let folks make their own informed decisions.

Ah yes, the truth comes out. The site you choose to “trust” is a staunch anti-vaccine rag.

If you had cared to review the slides I offered instead of yelling strawman at the top of your lungs you would have observed nearly 200 reported deaths after vaccination.

the “debilitating” adverse reactions were also reported. AND both were compared to expected numbers in the population. But you obviously didn’t look at it.

I will say I am impressed at how well you have used “strawman” as basically a “strawman” yourself. Instead of evaluating evidence you tell strawman, make no valid points, and call it fake news. Impressive.

Reactions: DM8 and gatorz1209

tenor.gif

Ah yes, the truth comes out. The site you choose to “trust” is a staunch anti-vaccine rag.

If you had cared to review the slides I offered instead of yelling strawman at the top of your lungs you would have observed nearly 200 reported deaths after vaccination.

the “debilitating” adverse reactions were also reported. AND both were compared to expected numbers in the population. But you obviously didn’t look at it.

I will say I am impressed at how well you have used “strawman” as basically a “strawman” yourself. Instead of evaluating evidence you tell strawman, make no valid points, and call it fake news. Impressive.

We all knew there would be a vaccine denier itt. He wins the prize.

Reactions: DM8 and gatorz1209

Mean ol big brother google is scraping the internet, aren’t they? Get a grip, dude. We’ve presented you facts ITT and you’ve presented us anti-vaccine articles.

Reactions: DM8

You aren't following too well, and seem to be more interested in conducting a silly pissing match. You may be able to read, but you aren't comprehending very well. I didn't "choose to trust" any particular site, and I clearly said that I look at information from as many sources as I can, while taking into account where the info came from, and what their agenda is. I also clearly said that I couldn't find the more solid sources and articles that I've seen over the past few weeks. Google isn't showing them now. Also, if you're saying that bloomberg is an "anti-vaccine site", or that the news station from Norway is anti-vaccine, then that tells us a lot about your honesty and integrity levels.

I made a simple point; not in response to your stats, but in response to the initial poster whose information said there were NO deaths from the vaccine. Anyone remotely informed, and with more than half a brain should KNOW that's not likely to be true. Even with the old school types of vaccines, there will be a few blips, and learning incidents. Considering history, only the most naive would expect that we might not see similar things with this completely new class of vaccines, based on new technology that we don't fully understand. We'll probably be learning for the next few decades, (before we have a real grip on the complete picture, and can say definitively that "there are NO side-effects").

I'll continue to protest any spin, and manipulation of the public that I see, as I believe in being forthcoming and allowing folks to make their own informed decisions. You may not see the manipulation, or not recognize it, but it's there. Well intentioned in most cases, but definitely there. I just hate manipulation, delusion and deception and it's becoming more prevalent with this group-think, herd mentality and bullying and such that has come as a result of social media and other things.

Last edited:
We all knew there would be a vaccine denier itt. He wins the prize.

I've never been an anti-vaxxer, or vaccine denier Stump. We've actually spent hours arguing on the same side of this thing against some of the true nutty deniers. However, that still won't stop me from being balanced, and expressing my two cents as to how we should go about reporting on, and selling the vaccine to the public.

I know folks feel that "by any means necessary" and since they feel it's for the overall good, "Well it's okay to lie, withhold info, spin, and try to bully folks to fall in line", but I still feel that we should be forthcoming and allow folks to decide on their own. Without the silly peer pressure and other tactics where those with reasonable concern are automatically cast as nutty, irrational anti-vaxxers etc.

Last edited:
I've never been an anti-vaxxer, or vaccine denier Stump. We've actually spent hours arguing on the same side of this thing against the nutty deniers. However, that still won't stop me from being balanced, and expressing my opinion as to how we should go about reporting on, and selling the vaccine to the public.
What should the news outlets be reporting? Every single death from anyone who has been given the vaccine in the last few weeks? What good would that do? Should we do the same for the flu vaccine?

Reactions: DM8
What should the news outlets be reporting? Every single death from anyone who has been given the vaccine in the last few weeks? What good would that do? Should we do the same for the flu vaccine?

Again...., have I ever, even remotely called for such idiocy??? It's embarrasing when folks come in with such weak and crazy strawmen. You posted stats from a tweet trumpeting that there were ZERO, none, nada deaths, and as I said above, even the most mildly informed person should know from history even with the old vaccines, that we can expect a few bumps with this completely new mRNA, and DNA technology that's coming.

Again...., have I ever, even remotely called for such idiocy??? It's embarrasing when folks come in with such weak and crazy strawmen. You posted stats from a tweet trumpeting that there were ZERO, none, nada deaths, and as I said above, even the most mildly informed person should know from history even with the old vaccines, that we can expect a few bumps with this completely new technology.
So what bumps should they be reporting? I still don’t think you’ve given an answer ITT, you’re just waffling and screaming that “fake news” needs to report the truth. What truth dude? What stats are they holding from us? 200 “vaccine deaths” out of 26 million vaccinated people?

So what bumps should they be reporting? I still don’t think you’ve given an answer ITT, you’re just waffling and screaming that “fake news” needs to report the truth. What truth dude? What stats are they holding from us? 200 deaths out of 26 million vaccinated people?

Oh, I've clearly answered, but you and one other, really aren't comprehending too well. How many deaths did the tweet you started the thread with show??? Are you familiar at all with the number of deaths we've typically had from even old school vaccines??? If so, why did you believe that tweet???

Oh, I've clearly answered, but you and one other, really aren't comprehending too well. How many deaths did the tweet you started the thread with show??? Are you familiar at all with the number of deaths we've typically had from even old school vaccines??? If so, why did you believe that tweet???
Ok, so let’s forget the tweet for a second. What stats are they holding from us?

So @au4life_rz , what were the parameters of "vaccine death" in the articles you read? You get the vaccine, and then 10 minutes later you're dead? Or you die one or two weeks later? An hour later? Was Hank Aaron a vaccine death?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT