ADVERTISEMENT

US Soccer reporter Grant Wahl dies during world cup game in Qatar

Just don’t think countries like Qatar are in the knocking off American journalist business

So have hundreds of journalists around the world. It had been a well documented story for more than 3 years. He wasn’t breaking any news.
I have no idea what happened to this guy.

I was just letting Mr Sweatpants know there may be more to the story than a rainbow t-shirt. Everything I know about this story and this reporter, I learned in the last 15 minutes.

Saudi Arabia killed a journalist. It does happen.

Can we all agree USA needs a new soccer coach?

dwight-schrute.gif
Yes i am serious. They aren’t going to create international tensions and possibly fucc their bag up by killing a single soccer journalist that has been saying the same thing as 10,000 other journalists

Jumping from a guy dies, no information available, to the Qatari's killed him because of a t-shirt? A shirt that initiated a 30 minute detainment before being allowed in the stadium while still wearing the shirt?

Pulmonary embolisms and deep vein thrombosis are not uncommon after long flights, and statistically, the chances of suffering a pulmonary embolism or DVT after a long flight are monumentally greater that the chance that you were singled out for murder by an Emir whose biggest ambition is to make his Kingdom a respected and modernized country.

Quatar stands to gain nothing and lose a great deal. ‘The Qataris killed him’ theory needs a lot of work before it rises to the level of ridiculously unlikely.
Damn this made me think hard

Everyone watching the world cup doesn't give a **** how many people die as long as they get to watch some idiots kick a ball around for 90 minutes to end the game 0-0....any of yall who've been abroad and been to a big soccer match would know the players are literally gods to a LOT of people. If you think the Iron bowl is crazy it's nothing compared to soccer rivalries.

Slave labor, murder, corruption etc.... Just how the rest of the world does soccer and it makes American sports look like they're run by a bunch of saints.

Saudi arabia famously killed a journalist in another country right?
Yeah and we agreed to drop the issue so the crown prince would get Griner out of Russia

There’s more reasons to be suspicious than the shirt. This was his story from yesterday. Feel horrible for his family.
There were other reporters in the room and the exchange was reported in other organs. Are they all going to die?

There are actually no reasons to be suspicious of anyone until some facts are established.

When otherwise healthy guys drop dead in their 40s and 50’s, the most likely reason is sudden cardiac arrest secondary to a coronary artery blockage. A friend of mine who was in fantastic shape suffered a massive heart attack at age 53. He had no warning signs other than some burning feeling in his throat that he thought was a cold. The nurses at Emory told me that the super fit guys, like my friend, never made it out of the CICU. Unfortunately, my friend didn’t either.

TLDR: Let’s hold off on the rampant speculation pending the autopsy.

There were other reporters in the room and the exchange was reported in other organs. Are they all going to die?

There are actually no reasons to be suspicious of anyone until some facts are established.
A healthy 48 year old who just tweeted through a soccer game dying suddenly in a shady country he’s been critical of is a lil sus

Reactions: AUmilo and ToeRay
Yes i am serious. They aren’t going to create international tensions and possibly fucc their bag up by killing a single soccer journalist that has been saying the same thing as 10,000 other journalists
Could’ve sworn KSA just did something similar without consequence. And maybe many other journalists were saying the same thing yesterday; how many will be saying it tomorrow?

Could’ve sworn KSA just did something similar without consequence. And maybe many other journalists were saying the same thing yesterday; how many will be saying it tomorrow?
Probably many many more since this situation happened

That's it, you've convinced me. I must witness this in person
Watch The Two Escobars if you've never seen it. There are also international matchups between teams in Europe that aren't allowed to be played because they'll lead to violence. Most of them have to do with former Yugoslav countries but Russia/Ukraine don't play either for obvious reasons. These people make Philly fans look like members of the clergy.

Grant’s brother saying that Grant was receiving death threats isn’t great

Pulmonary embolisms and deep vein thrombosis are not uncommon after long flights, and statistically, the chances of suffering a pulmonary embolism or DVT after a long flight are monumentally greater that the chance that you were singled out for murder by an Emir whose biggest ambition is to make his Kingdom a respected and modernized

I would disagree, I don’t accept that the man who attempted to publicly humiliate the Emir a few days ago just happened to be the unlucky one who suffered a pulmonary embolism.

Reactions: MCTIGgER IV
Jumping from a guy dies, no information available, to the Qatari's killed him because of a t-shirt? A shirt that initiated a 30 minute detainment before being allowed in the stadium while still wearing the shirt?

Pulmonary embolisms and deep vein thrombosis are not uncommon after long flights, and statistically, the chances of suffering a pulmonary embolism or DVT after a long flight are monumentally greater that the chance that you were singled out for murder by an Emir whose biggest ambition is to make his Kingdom a respected and modernized country.

Quatar stands to gain nothing and lose a great deal. ‘The Qataris killed him’ theory needs a lot of work before it rises to the level of ridiculously unlikely.

He's been in qatar almost a month now

Who would stand to gain?
Nobody would stand to gain. The thing is they hate gays there and will damn sure kill you for it. It’s amazing to me to watch the “woke” world love all over the Middle East when they absolutely would kill you for being gay. He was 100% offed. No question in my mind.

There have been hundreds of people killed in Qatar because of the World Cup. There is already a magnifying glass on them. There’s an article in this thread about it. Nothing good has come from the WC in Qatar.

Here is the real question. You know good and damn well they don’t like gays over there why in the hell are you pushing the envelope. I’m sure his brother would have much rather had him home alive than trying to be some social justice martyr. Trust me they don’t care over there.

He also had been sick. Mentioned having bronchitis on a recent pod and had been to hospitals twice recently.

Reactions: MCTIGgER IV
Kind of asking for trouble.
He was. Hes been pushing limits on a lot of what they said would be ok, but theyve been changing things they said would be ok prior to the wc. And as part of hosting something like the wc, they said that would be ok with things like that. And then they weren't.

As someone with a sibling that wouldn't be allowed there I've been against this wc the whole time. Which is the same for Grant.

The story I read was that he had been tweeting about how he’s been working himself to death and had lots of congestion and went to the medical clinic and was diagnosed with bronchitis. He said he and other journalist were coughing real bad. He also said he tested negative for Covid.

The two tweets the op posted seems very misleading.

Reactions: Horace From Three
Is it just me that is noticing more than an unusual amount of healthy people dying suddenly of blood clots and heart ailments? I can’t imagine what some have done differently in the past few years that might be causing this..

It's not just you unfortunately, there's a whole lot of idiots who have the same dumb thoughts as you. Just prepare yourself though, remember that you have vaccines running through you too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT