ADVERTISEMENT

Siad: Masks for the Vaccinated?

Because they were vaccinations that had FDA approval?

Or they were for diseases that are bad for children?

Just spitballing here.
So as soon as these vaccines get full and final approval all you hold outs will rush out and get the shot--right?

??? :eek: o_O😢 ???

This is unbelievable. In the face of this evidence, you still want to play silly partisan'ish games??? Do you really not understand why masks are being required??? The lies and propaganda don't impact the actual virus, nor is it slowing the extreme agenda behind all of this wackiness. Man is this really sad.
What? There is not one iota of partisanship in what I said. If you see it that way, that tells you something about you.

??? :eek: o_O😢 ???

This is unbelievable. In the face of this evidence, you still want to play silly partisan'ish games??? Do you really not understand why masks are being required??? The lies and propaganda don't impact the actual virus, nor is it slowing the extreme agenda behind all of this wackiness. Man is this really sad.
Hey clown. Got any more debunked scientific “studies” from anti-vaxxers 🤣

Because of virology 101. Viruses (and bacteria) mutate, or evolve, to survive. The main factors that allow them to do so is time and available hosts to infect and continue spreading. Give them enough of both, and depending on the specific virus, it will usually mutate in ways that help it to become more infectious and to avoid medicines and immunity (whether natural or vaccine-induced). Because we have way too many people here refusing the vaccine, the virus is able to continue changing and it's starting to change in ways that are making the vaccines somewhat less effective.

So even though the vaccines are less effective at preventing infection than they had been, they are still extremely effective at preventing serious illness (well into the 90% range) and even more effective at preventing hospitalization (97%) and death from COVID (almost 100%).

If you want to impede or stop the virus' ability to continue mutating, vaccines are the best way to do that, though now because of all the foot dragging and misinformation, it may require an updated version of the shots and/or a booster for the previously vaccinated.

Am I the only person who paid any attention at all in biology classes?

So as soon as these vaccines get full and final approval all you hold outs will rush out and get the shot--right?
Something tells me that you're just yelling at a wall at this point, as I and I'm sure many others ITT are already vaccinated but are now irite over the idea that after actually getting the vaccine like we were told we were supposed to do that masks are coming back....this discussion isn't about those non vaccinated, that's what you keep missing here.

My response was about vaccinations for children.

But to answer your question, I would assume that would be a positive step for many people. Maybe you should ask a holdout.

Vaccinations have been required to attend public schools for decades now. Why are you crying about it now?

Because taking a vaccine based off of the old, tried and true vaccine technology that we have DECADES of data on, is pretty much a no-brainer.

However, taking these new vaccines that we have ZERO data on from the mid-term and long-term is certainly NOT a no-brainer, and requires a lot more analysis to determine your risk/reward ratio.

Anyone who doesn't know any better than to compare the old vaccines with the new ones built on different, new technology, (e.g. the mRNA vaccine), doesn't need to be participating in the conversation.

Because taking a vaccine based off of the old, tried and true vaccine technology that we have DECADES of data on, is pretty much a no-brainer.

However, taking these new vaccines that we have ZERO data on from the mid-term and long-term is certainly NOT a no-brainer, and requires a lot more analysis to determine your risk/reward ratio.

Anyone who doesn't know any better than to compare the old vaccines with the new ones built on different, new technology, (e.g. the mRNA vaccine), doesn't need to be participating in the conversation.
You've posted this same thing about new technology and your skepticism about it 100 times. We get it

Something tells me that you're just yelling at a wall at this point, as I and I'm sure many others ITT are already vaccinated but are now irite over the idea that after actually getting the vaccine like we were told we were supposed to do that masks are coming back....this discussion isn't about those non vaccinated, that's what you keep missing here.
It absolutely is about the non vaccinated. That is exactly what is causing the spread that is causing the need for masks for everyone--vaccinated and non vaccinated.. It's not complex.

Link me the debunked anti-vaxx studies again where they don’t disclose their methodology 🤣

It absolutely is about the non vaccinated. That is exactly what is causing the spread that is causing the need for masks for everyone--vaccinated and non vaccinated.. It's not complex.
THIS THREAD IS ABOUT FORCING VACCINATED PEOPLE TO WEAR A MASK...nothing to do with unvaccinated, that's an entirely separate discussion entirely. (they should be masking, especially in large crowds, if unvaccinated)..FFFFS.

Reactions: penya87
I'm vaccinated. I go to concerts and baseball games now which means, in Alabama, I am almost certainly around a lot of unvaccinated people who may be carrying the virus. If I wear a mask in environments like that, I reduce the chance I will contract the virus and transmit it to one of my elderly relatives I see fairly often. It's a risk mitigation issue. It's not rocket science either. The problem is the continued spread directly caused by people who refuse to get vaccinated.

You're also around a lot of fully vaccinated people "who may be carrying the virus". The fact that you will not admit this speaks volumes as to your intent, and whether you care about the truth, and stopping this thing ASAP, or just winning a silly partisan pissing match. It's truly mind-bogglingly sad.

Have you "followed the science" and seen any of the studies that show that fully vaccinated persons can harbor the virus and pass it on to others, (both unvaccinated, and fully vaccinated). If not, you need to read up and inform yourself. If you have, you need to stop playing games and do what's best for mankind, society, civilization and let your personal pride go. This is insanity!!!

I saw the coverage. It's ridiculous to claim the input from the union controlled or dictated the policy overall. The FOIA information does not support such a sweeping exaggeration. The two minor edits that made it into the guidance didn't change anything fundamental, and, frankly were improvements. One of them literally said that if conditions change there may be a need to change the guidance--well, duh. I don't know how much work you do with regulated industry and the typical communications between regulators and those parties about new policy, but the type communications evident in this case are quite routine.

Ah you don't know how politics work.

Thats not necessarily true.

10s of millions have got the shot. The shot is free and easily available.

People not getting the shot have made the decision to not get it. That is on them.

Why try to force something on people that don't give a shit? They have expected the risks. Leave them be.
Becuase the virus can mutate into some the vaccine doesn’t help fight at all.

Reading this thread had confirmed what I suspected but previously dismissed. But, it is official. Our society is truly fvcked. Even if this virus just up and disappeared tonight. The belligerent simpleness in this thread confirms the decline of modern society.

Reactions: hsvtgr and penya87
What? There is not one iota of partisanship in what I said. If you see it that way, that tells you something about you.

You're still playing the silly game, and marching to the narrative, despite the fact that fully vaccinated can harbor the virus and pass it to others, (and possibly even allow it to mutate). Yet here you are still playing the blame game.

We certainly DO hope that once we get to herd immunity, things will slow down, but do you understand that those propaganda'ish promises may not be true??? If fully vaccinated can carry and spread it, it may still mutate. We may still have to wear masks, wash our hands and be careful, (i.e. use common sense), as opposed to rushing back out "returning to normal". This isn't the time to get in a blame game/pissing match over whether the new vaccines do everything as promised, and using peer pressure foolishness to "blame the unvaccinated" etc.

We'd better stop the crap and start working together and allowing TRUE SCIENCE and all viable ideas to be considered. They have used strong arm censorship tactics, intimidation and extreme peer pressure to ensure that the stats, reports and data comes out one way, and ruined scientists, researchers and doctors careers who did not conform, and many turned a blind eye because they wanted "their side" to be right. This is all such a mess, and just so sad that folks on either extreme can be swami'ed so easily, and be so stupidly stubborn.

• Haha
Reactions: SigBitty
Becuase the virus can mutate into some the vaccine doesn’t help fight at all.
which is exactly part of the rationale behind some hesitant to get the vaccine.

Which again goes back to the point of the thread.

How can you get more people to vaccinate with a vaccine that doesn't necessarily help fight the variants.

Reading this thread had confirmed what I suspected but previously dismissed. But, it is official. Our society is truly fvcked. Even if this virus just up and disappeared tonight. The belligerent simpleness in this thread confirms the decline of modern society.
Time for that asteroid to reset life for us all.

I'm not for forcing anyone to do anything, but I'm going to call you ignorant and stupid if you just up and decide not to get the shot.

The virus is also highly contagious. Your decision not to get it has an impact on other people. The choice is personal, but the consequences of that choice aren't necessarily personal.
I have the antibodies in my body. I had no problems with covid, and played tennis 4 times, within the first 5 days I had it (didn't know I had it, at that time). Seeing that I'm healthy, and am not going to have a problem even if I got it again, and nobody knows the LT effects of the vaccine.....there's no way I would let someone inject me with something that they have no idea about the LT effects.
If you think that's ignorant, that's on you.
Link me the debunked anti-vaxx studies again where they don’t disclose their methodology 🤣
Are you laughing at the sentence you typed?
hey libs.. come save your boy.

"This is not problematic.............I didn't lie and help the Chinese avoid being exposed. Covid was started by a bat, in a market....which just happened to be close to the Chinese Center that my organization helped fund......and covid virus work was performed routinrely! "

They say masks don’t help prevent catching the virus.
I don’t know. It’s all so confusing.
I’m glad I’ve already had the virus and, therefore, don’t need the vaccine.
They help prevent spreading the virus. Of course people should have the right to kill the sick and elderly.

Can fully vaccinated serve as a vector harboring the virus, and spread it to others, (both unvaccinated, and fully vaccinated)???

Of course, we'd expect the rates to be significantly lower, but please answer the question.

Because of virology 101. Viruses (and bacteria) mutate, or evolve, to survive. The main factors that allow them to do so is time and available hosts to infect and continue spreading. Give them enough of both, and depending on the specific virus, it will usually mutate in ways that help it to become more infectious and to avoid medicines and immunity (whether natural or vaccine-induced). Because we have way too many people here refusing the vaccine, the virus is able to continue changing and it's starting to change in ways that are making the vaccines somewhat less effective.

So even though the vaccines are less effective at preventing infection than they had been, they are still extremely effective at preventing serious illness (well into the 90% range) and even more effective at preventing hospitalization (97%) and death from COVID (almost 100%).

If you want to impede or stop the virus' ability to continue mutating, vaccines are the best way to do that, though now because of all the foot dragging and misinformation, it may require an updated version of the shots and/or a booster for the previously vaccinated.

Kamala and Biden said they wouldn’t trust any virus that came out under Trump.

They said it A LOT.

So blame them first.

Reactions: FlyBoy43

Because of the unique nature of the spike protein, there is only so many "ways" COVID can mutate. Which is to say, not many more ways, or ways enough to totally frustrate vaccines. In other words, the vaccines based off the original or alpha variant will still provide protection even if this things mutates 10 different times just because of the viral structure.

Per my doctor family member

All this bitching back and forth, but the bottom line for me: I will never put a useless face diaper on again. Y'all can go around looking like idiots, but I will not be participating. No thank you.

Reactions: AUJMac and penya87
I am too. That’s why I was hoping for the asteroid. Glad you were able to catch up.
Im glad that we both agree that an asteroid taking out the planet is better than living for another 3 years of the Biden Admin.

• Haha
Reactions: AUJMac
They say masks don’t help prevent catching the virus.
I don’t know. It’s all so confusing.
I’m glad I’ve already had the virus and, therefore, don’t need the vaccine.

It really isn’t you break it down.

1. At this point, there is nothing that keeps you from getting the virus. Nothing at all. There are just things that can limit your exposure to heavy doses of the virus. Everything discussed does only that. Unless you stay 100% isolated.

2. Vaccination simply limits the severity of symptoms. Antibodies about the same as vaccination.

3. Masks are effective at limiting your exposure to heavy dose exposure. Really only effective when combined with all other protocols

4. Social distancing is the most effective protocol for exposure to heavy doses. Becomes more effective when combined with the other protocols.

5. Disinfecting and hand washing limits exposure to heavy doses from secondary contact exposure.

Conclusion: These hold true for all viruses. Vaccinations are best for limiting symptoms, but is even better when combined with masking, social distancing, and disinfecting. The reason is these protocols reduce heavy dose exposure, and then the vaccine lets the body deal with low dose exposure.

Just because you have the vaccine does not mean you cannot get covid. In fact, you likely will. And the vaccine will work better if you get a low-dose exposure vs high-dose exposure. True for antibodies as well.

Folks confuse immunity as meaning you can’t get the virus, when it really means your body can fight off the virus once contracted. Then they confuse reducing dose exposure with 100% total virus exposure.

And if you have health issues, the risks are even more dangerous obviously. And as the virus mutates, additional variants can cause complications.

Unfortunately, the combo of individuals being unvaccinated and with no antibodies, allows the virus to bounce around for a longer period of time, and prolongs the pandemic. It also increases risk for additional mutations the longer it goes on.

Then you get pandemic fatigue, where we all just want things back to the way it is without having to take all precautions. That leads to additional waves of outbreaks like we have now.

Reactions: Jim in Scranton
To me, it comes down to this. No matter which side you fall on, you’ve got to understand that once the conversation becomes emotional, you’re pissing in the wind. I’m vaccinated, and I’ve encouraged anyone that will listen to do the same. However, if they don’t agree with me, that’s all that I can do. Questioning their intelligence, and personal attacks, only further entrenches someone’s beliefs. Take it for what it’s worth, fam.

It really isn’t you break it down.

1. At this point, there is nothing that keeps you from getting the virus. Nothing at all. There are just things that can limit your exposure to heavy doses of the virus. Everything discussed does only that. Unless you stay 100% isolated.

2. Vaccination simply limits the severity of symptoms. Antibodies about the same as vaccination.

3. Masks are effective at limiting your exposure to heavy dose exposure. Really only effective when combined with all other protocols

4. Social distancing is the most effective protocol for exposure to heavy doses. Becomes more effective when combined with the other protocols.

5. Disinfecting and hand washing limits exposure to heavy doses from secondary contact exposure.

Conclusion: These hold true for all viruses. Vaccinations are best for limiting symptoms, but is even better when combined with masking, social distancing, and disinfecting. The reason is these protocols reduce heavy dose exposure, and then the vaccine lets the body deal with low dose exposure.

Just because you have the vaccine does not mean you cannot get covid. In fact, you likely will. And the vaccine will work better if you get a low-dose exposure vs high-dose exposure. True for antibodies as well.

Folks confuse immunity as meaning you can’t get the virus, when it really means your body can fight off the virus once contracted. Then they confuse reducing dose exposure with 100% total virus exposure.

And if you have health issues, the risks are even more dangerous obviously. And as the virus mutates, additional variants can cause complications.

Unfortunately, the combo of individuals being unvaccinated and with no antibodies, allows the virus to bounce around for a longer period of time, and prolongs the pandemic. It also increases risk for additional mutations the longer it goes on.

Then you get pandemic fatigue, where we all just want things back to the way it is without having to take all precautions. That leads to additional waves of outbreaks like we have now.

I remember when we were just trying not to overwhelm the health care system.

Reactions: yy4u
It's actually pretty simple. As long as the leading agencies, guiding entities and powers that be, continue to believe that lying, spinning, using strong, deceptive marketing and propaganda, (while using censorship and other surreptitious means to snuff out information contrary to their narrative), is best, we'll continue to receive head scratching advise.

Just tell the truth and use an approach of full disclosure, and you won't have to keep doubling back on your lies/advice, and you'll eventually earn more public trust. In their minds, they had to act as if they knew everything about the virus, new vaccines, and had all of the answers so that they could get people to take it. They made it appear that everyone would be invincible and could "get back to normal" as soon as we reached herd immunity, but as with all new things, there are curveballs.

They tried their best to intimidate all domestic scientists, researchers and doctors from even investigating/exploring options that didn't align with the narrative, but it's probably becoming apparent that fully vaccinated can indeed harbor the virus and pass it on to others, (both unvaccinated, and fully vaccinated). So now, the advice will be to NOT return to normal, continue washing your hands, taking precautions etc., (which we should have ALL been doing anyway). This whole thing is sad, and it only erodes more of the public trust. Only the most dim and myopic of Vaxx-drones can spin this, (but let's not point fingers, or toss blame, and let's just figure out the best path and approach going forward).
The head doctor in Mobile County yesterday stated that 20% of tests were coming back positive (fine). She then added “think about that…..one in five people currently have this virus and are spreading it to others….” (Ummmmmmm)

Fortunately, the anchor followed up the clip with “actually, that means that one in five of the people being tested have the virus.”

I rewatched at least five times to make sure she said what I thought she said.

Reactions: texasAUtiger
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT