ADVERTISEMENT

Siad: Masks for the Vaccinated?

Has the whole world gone crazy?

tumblr_ns9rmhX7LS1uxle3jo1_640.gifv

Reactions: 00aubie
I just don't understand how you can make this policy stance while at the same time trying to encourage more people to get vaccinated???

Come take our vaccine that clearly doesn't work because we are still going to mandate you live your life wearing a mask in school and in public.

Go. Fvck. Yourselves!

They say masks don’t help prevent catching the virus.
I don’t know. It’s all so confusing.
I’m glad I’ve already had the virus and, therefore, don’t need the vaccine.

Well... Im sure that will change under the policy-making we are seeing.

Reactions: AUbruce
This the reason for vaccine hesitancy, I'm sorry for making this somewhat political but it's true. The message from the Biden admin makes less than zero sense at this point. We're at like 1/10-1/20 or deaths/cases from where we were at the height of this pandemic. How about promote how effective the vaccine has been, and as a "reward", no mask. Trust the science right?

World Health Organization does not recommend masks for children. A unvaccinated child is statistically safer than a 30 year old vaccinated person. The difference is WHO doesn't have teacher's unions writing their policy like the CDC does.

Masks are literally the least effective intervention we have. We have all literature pre-2020 and more than a year of data that backs this up. It is an aerosolized respiratory virus, unless you are wearing a perfectly fitting K95 and everyone is wearing one you are accomplishing nothing, let alone a lose fitting cotton mask on a kid.

This the reason for vaccine hesitancy, I'm sorry for making this somewhat political but it's true. The message from the Biden admin makes less than zero sense. We're at like 1/10-1/20 or deaths/cases from where we were at the height of this pandemic. Trust the science right?
It’s because of breakthroughs infections it’s not complicated tbh and the current variant is more contagious that previous ones the vaccine doesn’t prevent you from catching it just helps prevents severe cases or death

This is so the bullying will continue against non vaxxers. Take away freedoms of the Vax so we will bully the non vaxxers into getting their shot.

But Alabama at least, is not going to issue it. CDC guidance is just guidance.

It’s because of breakthroughs infections it’s not complicated tbh and the current variant is more contagious that previous ones the vaccine doesn’t prevent you from catching it just helps prevents severe cases or death
Yes, but telling people that the vaccine doesn't prevent you from catching it is a great determination for many that are resistant to get a vaccine that apparently only works if you are fat and old.

Last edited:
Reactions: ricedp105
Do we have data to determine this variant is worth FORCING vaccinated people to wear masks again?! Pretty sure if this were true, cases vs death would correlate similar to the height of the pandemic, they don't.
7 day avg for COVID cases in the US -56k
7 day avg deaths from COVID in the US- 275

If you want people to get the vaccine, you cannot push this message(and I'd say the same damn thing if Trump, or any other government official said it as well). The pandemic is over, for those vaccinated, forcing us to wear masks again based on ZERO EVIDENCE is fvcking bullshit. Nope, will not do it.

Reactions: homewood
World Health Organization does not recommend masks for children. A unvaccinated child is statistically safer than a 30 year old vaccinated person. The difference is WHO doesn't have teacher's unions writing their policy like the CDC does.

Masks are literally the least effective intervention we have. We have all literature pre-2020 and more than a year of data that backs this up. It is an aerosolized respiratory virus, unless you are wearing a perfectly fitting K95 and everyone is wearing one you are accomplishing nothing, let alone a lose fitting cotton mask on a kid.
I posted numbers a week or two ago that showed that the risk of hospitalization from COVID for kids aged 5-17 is about half the risk of hospitalization from the flu for the same age group for the 2018-2019 flu season. There is basically no risk for school kids. This stuff is insanity.

Get more people vaccinated asap
Agreed, but this is the absolute worst possible message you can send to Americans that are vaccine hesitant to get it. Who classifies as a "public health leader", Fauci, the guy that said at one point masks weren't effective and then lied about it? This message is just total shit.

Last edited:
No offense to the well-intended libs of the board, but this is definitely going to be an inflection point for the rational thinking people and the braindead.
This is all so fvcked. I'm vaccinated and I'm going to have to start wearing a mask at work because I work in a federal facility. Too many ignorant fvcking people have decided they know better than 99% of the healthcare professionals and virologist in the world. Thanks guys, I really appreicate it.

Yeah who could imagine that things would change constantly in dealing with a novel virus and a pandemic. It's outrageous.
I agree, we've done everything we set out to do in terms of the pandemic being a public health crisis. ( that aspect is over now) Mask/social distance to give time for hospitals to prepare, PPE for hospitals, vaccine available to all that want it...and now back to square 1. Just fvck that.

Reactions: GoodFood
Yes, but telling people that the vaccine doesn't prevent you from catching it is a great determination for many that resistant to get a vaccine that apparently only works if you are fat and old.
That doesn't make any sense.

Agreed, but this is the absolute worst possible message you can send to American that are vaccine hesitant to get it. Who classifies as a "public health leader", Fauci, the guy that said at one point masks weren't effective and then lied about it? This message is just total shit.
This is actually a good point. Why would you expect people to run to get the vaccine now that you've told them they still need a mask even if vaccinated.

This is actually a good point. Why would you expect people to run to get the vaccine now that you've told them they still need a mask even if vaccinated.
Yep, the messaging has been total shit, and btw per the data the people not getting vaccinated are in major cities(NYC, LA, Chicago) that are yet again having mask policies forced down their throats based on ZERO new EVIDENCE. (1/20th the amount of deaths during the height of the pandemic). So why should they get vaccinated if nothing for them or their lives will change?

You are honestly saying teacher's unions are dictating CDC policy? Good grief.

That doesn't make any sense.
Covid, while serious, is only essentially problematic for people with comorbidities.

If the vaccine doesn't keep people from catching Covid, why would anybody in decent health and relatively young consider taking the vaccine?

Telling young and healthy people that are vaccinated that they still have to wear a mask is counterproductive to your cause.

Reactions: ricedp105
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT