ADVERTISEMENT

Siad: Masks for the Vaccinated?

Yep, the messaging has been total shit, and btw per the data the people not getting vaccinated are in major cities(NYC, LA, Chicago) that are yet again having mask policies forced down their throats based on ZERO new EVIDENCE. (1/20th the amount of deaths during the height of the pandemic). So why should they get vaccinated if nothing for them or their lives will change?
Because as soon as enough people get vaccinated it's is going to dramatically change everyone's lives? If you want to get mad and blame people blame the people who wont' get vaccinated.

Because as soon as enough people get vaccinated it's is going to dramatically change everyone's lives? If you want to get mad and blame people blame the people who wont' get vaccinated.
This conversation is about forcing vaccinated to wear masks. If you're weary of being vaccinated, but are forced to wear masks regardless what's the incentive? I'm starting to think you work for the federal government with the logic you're using ITT.

Except for the fact that people aren't getting the shot.
Thats not necessarily true.

10s of millions have got the shot. The shot is free and easily available.

People not getting the shot have made the decision to not get it. That is on them.

Why try to force something on people that don't give a shit? They have expected the risks. Leave them be.

It was a clever point, I agreed with you.

That cartoon completely ignores a whole aspect of the situation though.
That cartoon applies to those that are also vaccinated though, like myself. I get what you're saying though in some senses, the message/goal posts that keep moving is just making less and less people actually willing to get the vaccine.

well if the CDC wanted people to think they were paper pushing bureaucrats who dont deserve any true respect.... they succeeded.

Waited an hour in line for my shots so i could ditch the mask and now, nope, but sure this will make the unvaxxed rush immediately to get it.

Thats not necessarily true.

10s of millions have got the shot. The shot is free and easily available.

People not getting the shot have made the decision to not get it. That is on them.

Why try to force something on people that don't give a shit? They have expected the risks. Leave them be.
I'm not for forcing anyone to do anything, but I'm going to call you ignorant and stupid if you just up and decide not to get the shot.

The virus is also highly contagious. Your decision not to get it has an impact on other people. The choice is personal, but the consequences of that choice aren't necessarily personal.

Reactions: karlhungus12
Someone explain this chart to me like I'm 5...this is in NEW YORK CITY, literally the epicenter of the pandemic in the US.

PS this also goes against the "Southern Redneck not getting the vaccine" agenda....WTF.

I'm not for forcing anyone to do anything, but I'm going to call you ignorant and stupid if you just up and decide not to get the shot.

The virus is also highly contagious. Your decision not to get it has an impact on other people. The choice is personal, but the consequences of that choice aren't necessarily personal.
This is what the issue is.... if the vaccine works, why does a decision to not get it impact others?

only 35ish% of our state is vaccinated and that's the retort you chose to go with?
The United States right now has 57% out of a population of 330M people that have had at least one shot of the vaccine. This is a national discussion, not Alabama specific.

The answers to all your Covid questions can be addressed in one simple fact and that’s that people not getting vaccinated are fuggin idiots.

I will be 50% vaxed this Thursday

ComfortableMilkyAmericanpainthorse-size_restricted.gif

not sure if this makes me less of an idiot though

Reactions: Docdumpsta
Covid, while serious, is only essentially problematic for people with comorbidities.

If the vaccine doesn't keep people from catching Covid, why would anybody in decent health and relatively young consider taking the vaccine?

Telling young and healthy people that are vaccinated that they still have to wear a mask is counterproductive to your cause.
You are conflating mask wearing with vaccination. The latter is by far more important. The answer to your question is very simple--as soon as enough people get vaccinated everything will improve--transmission rates, severity of sickness and death. If we keep hovering where we are the virus will keep spreading (even in rare cases to people vaccinated) at rates that will not be sufficient to control the virus or "end" the pandemic.

The United States right now has 57% out of a population of 330M people that have had at least one shot of the vaccine. This is a national discussion, not Alabama specific.
If my math is correct, more people have been vaccinated than voted in the 2020 election that was solely based on Covid.

You are conflating mask wearing with vaccination. The latter is by far more important. The answer to your question is very simple--as soon as enough people get vaccinated everything will improve--transmission rates, severity of sickness and death. If we keep hovering where we are the virus will keep spreading (even in rare cases to people vaccinated) at rates that will not be sufficient to control the virus or "end" the pandemic.
You're talking in circles at this point, do you work for the White House by chance? ;)
What is "enough people"? 57%? 60%? 75%? What about those that already had COVID and don't need to be vaccinated?

Has the whole world gone crazy?

Yes…some of the people who represent us our the dumbest in the country. That’s where we’re at as a society, it’s not about what you actually do anymore, our media is going to paint whatever picture they want about you and social media will lead millions to believe it.

The entire point of this thread is the hypocrisy and terrible messages by the Biden Admin and Co. on the effectiveness of the vaccine that still requires masks.

You are not going to help people get vaccinated if you are telling them masks are required regardless of the vaccinated status.

This is what the issue is.... if the vaccine works, why does a decision to not get it impact others?
The goal post moving is fvcking bullshit, no doubt and if it was 75/80/85%+ vaccinated and only a small number of people not getting it, I would completely agree with you. But only 35% of people in AL are fully vaccinated. That's 65% of the pop walking around potentially spreading a contagious disease amongst themselves, giving it a large pool of people to continue to mutate.

I'm vaccinated and haven't worn a mask in months and now I'm about to have to start wearing one again because of where I work. If we were at the vaccination rates I mentioned up top, I'm willing to bet this decision wouldn't be coming down the pipe.

Reactions: penya87
Lol. This isn't even a controversial point. It was acknowledged by parties involved and reported by national news publications. It is part of emails that came out via FOIA.
I saw the coverage. It's ridiculous to claim the input from the union controlled or dictated the policy overall. The FOIA information does not support such a sweeping exaggeration. The two minor edits that made it into the guidance didn't change anything fundamental, and, frankly were improvements. One of them literally said that if conditions change there may be a need to change the guidance--well, duh. I don't know how much work you do with regulated industry and the typical communications between regulators and those parties about new policy, but the type communications evident in this case are quite routine.

5 days ago, the CDC pulled its Emergency Authorization for the PCR test for covid. PCR tests can't distinguish between covid and the flu. Therefore, every single chart we have on covid cases/hospitalizations/deaths is worthless. Did we even have a pandemic?

I haven't looked into this, but how did they get the 2020 death and population numbers on November 22, 2020? Did they just guestimate for the last 6 weeks of the year?

The goal post moving is fvcking bullshit, no doubt and if it was 75/80/85%+ vaccinated and only a small number of people not getting it, I would completely agree with you. But only 35% of people in AL are fully vaccinated. That's 65% of the pop walking around potentially spreading a contagious disease amongst themselves, giving it a large pool of people to continue to mutate.

I'm vaccinated and haven't worn a mask in months and now I'm about to have to start wearing one again because of where I work. If we were at the vaccination rates I mentioned up top, I'm willing to bet this decision wouldn't be coming down the pipe.
Again this isn't an Alabama discussion...and part of that percentage has to do with the idea what Joe farmer in bumfvck Alabama is going to be around like 3 people his entire life, so why get the vaccine? We just keep moving the goal post like you mention, in addition to not calculating/understanding legitimate scenarios for why people are choosing not to get vaccinated.

The entire point of this thread is the hypocrisy and terrible messages by the Biden Admin and Co. on the effectiveness of the vaccine that still requires masks.

You are not going to help people get vaccinated if you are telling them masks are required regardless of the vaccinated status.
Ok, but again that makes no sense. That's like saying you are not going to get anyone to take blood pressure medication if you also tell them to wear their seatbelt on the way to the pharmacy. The efficacy of the vaccine has nothing to do with wearing a mask. Hypocrisy?

I'm not sure why you're even having to post that. I'm not a smart man, but even I understood the point of this thread from the very first post.

Has the whole world gone crazy?

It's actually pretty simple. As long as the leading agencies, guiding entities and powers that be, continue to believe that lying, spinning, using strong, deceptive marketing and propaganda, (while using censorship and other surreptitious means to snuff out information contrary to their narrative), is best, we'll continue to receive head scratching advise.

Just tell the truth and use an approach of full disclosure, and you won't have to keep doubling back on your lies/advice, and you'll eventually earn more public trust. In their minds, they had to act as if they knew everything about the virus, new vaccines, and had all of the answers so that they could get people to take it. They made it appear that everyone would be invincible and could "get back to normal" as soon as we reached herd immunity, but as with all new things, there are curveballs.

They tried their best to intimidate all domestic scientists, researchers and doctors from even investigating/exploring options that didn't align with the narrative, but it's probably becoming apparent that fully vaccinated can indeed harbor the virus and pass it on to others, (both unvaccinated, and fully vaccinated). So now, the advice will be to NOT return to normal, continue washing your hands, taking precautions etc., (which we should have ALL been doing anyway). This whole thing is sad, and it only erodes more of the public trust. Only the most dim and myopic of Vaxx-drones can spin this, (but let's not point fingers, or toss blame, and let's just figure out the best path and approach going forward).

Ok, but again that makes no sense. That's like saying you are not going to get anyone to take blood pressure medication if you also tell them to wear their seatbelt on the way to the pharmacy. The efficacy of the vaccine has nothing to do with wearing a mask. Hypocrisy?
The efficacy of the vaccine has everything to do with wearing a mask.

If either were effective then the other wouldn't necessarily be needed.

I'm not sure why you're even having to post that. I'm not a smart man, but even I understood the point of this thread from the very first post.
I'm vaccinated. I go to concerts and baseball games now which means, in Alabama, I am almost certainly around a lot of unvaccinated people who may be carrying the virus. If I wear a mask in environments like that, I reduce the chance I will contract the virus and transmit it to one of my elderly relatives I see fairly often. It's a risk mitigation issue. It's not rocket science either. The problem is the continued spread directly caused by people who refuse to get vaccinated.

Btw, based on the data in Alabama..yes we have an increase in cases(7 day avg of about 1500) BUT we have WAY less deaths than we did during the height of the pandemic(6 vs about 130)...why isn't that being taken into consideration by our public health officials(it might be by ADPH, just not the CDC as a national entity)? This should be evidence that either young people are getting it with mild symptoms, or vaccinated are getting it and then recovering quicker...

??? :eek: o_O😢 ???

This is unbelievable. In the face of this evidence, you still want to play silly partisan'ish games??? Do you really not understand why masks are being required??? The lies and propaganda don't impact the actual virus, nor is it slowing the extreme agenda behind all of this wackiness. Man is this really sad.

Reactions: ricedp105
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT