ADVERTISEMENT

Siad: Masks for the Vaccinated?

It really isn’t you break it down.

1. At this point, there is nothing that keeps you from getting the virus. Nothing at all. There are just things that can limit your exposure to heavy doses of the virus. Everything discussed does only that. Unless you stay 100% isolated.

2. Vaccination simply limits the severity of symptoms. Antibodies about the same as vaccination.

3. Masks are effective at limiting your exposure to heavy dose exposure. Really only effective when combined with all other protocols

4. Social distancing is the most effective protocol for exposure to heavy doses. Becomes more effective when combined with the other protocols.

5. Disinfecting and hand washing limits exposure to heavy doses from secondary contact exposure.

Conclusion: These hold true for all viruses. Vaccinations are best for limiting symptoms, but is even better when combined with masking, social distancing, and disinfecting. The reason is these protocols reduce heavy dose exposure, and then the vaccine lets the body deal with low dose exposure.

Just because you have the vaccine does not mean you cannot get covid. In fact, you likely will. And the vaccine will work better if you get a low-dose exposure vs high-dose exposure. True for antibodies as well.

Folks confuse immunity as meaning you can’t get the virus, when it really means your body can fight off the virus once contracted. Then they confuse reducing dose exposure with 100% total virus exposure.

And if you have health issues, the risks are even more dangerous obviously. And as the virus mutates, additional variants can cause complications.

Unfortunately, the combo of individuals being unvaccinated and with no antibodies, allows the virus to bounce around for a longer period of time, and prolongs the pandemic. It also increases risk for additional mutations the longer it goes on.

Then you get pandemic fatigue, where we all just want things back to the way it is without having to take all precautions. That leads to additional waves of outbreaks like we have now.

Counterpoint - the virus is an endemic respiratory virus that comes and goes in seasonal waves. The South is having their summer wave again almost exactly the same time as last year. Early in the year when Minnesota, etc. had a burst it was almost exactly to the day of last year.

Vaccination is the only way for protection, lockdowns and masks have minimal effect at best and are mostly theatrics with their own negative consequences. Regardless of what we do as an intervention at some point in the next few weeks, the numbers will begin trending down again. Vaccination of most vulnerable has aided a decoupling from deaths.

COVID is inevitable for EVERYONE, vaccinated or unvaccinated, you will get it at some point.

Counterpoint - the virus is an endemic respiratory virus that comes and goes in seasonal waves. The South is having their summer wave again almost exactly the same time as last year. Early in the year when Minnesota, etc. had a burst it was almost exactly to the day of last year.

Vaccination is the only way for protection, lockdowns and masks have minimal effect at best and are mostly theatrics with their own negative consequences. Regardless of what we do as an intervention at some point in the next few weeks, the numbers will begin trending down again. Vaccination of most vulnerable has aided a decoupling from deaths.

COVID is inevitable for EVERYONE, vaccinated or unvaccinated, you will get it at some point.
Can we say seasonality?

You're also around a lot of fully vaccinated people "who may be carrying the virus". The fact that you will not admit this speaks volumes as to your intent, and whether you care about the truth, and stopping this thing ASAP, or just winning a silly partisan pissing match. It's truly mind-bogglingly sad.

Have you "followed the science" and seen any of the studies that show that fully vaccinated persons can harbor the virus and pass it on to others, (both unvaccinated, and fully vaccinated). If not, you need to read up and inform yourself. If you have, you need to stop playing games and do what's best for mankind, society, civilization and let your personal pride go. This is insanity!!!
I don't think your first statement is accurate or it's at least misleading as far "a lot." The number of fully vaccinated carriers is very small--a fraction on the non vaccinated carriers. Knowing and understanding this doesn't really say anything, much less "volumes" about any kind of intent. That doesn't make sense. I'm not playing any games and frankly don't know what you are talking about. Pride? What?

Reactions: au4life_rz
Because of the unique nature of the spike protein, there is only so many "ways" COVID can mutate. Which is to say, not many more ways, or ways enough to totally frustrate vaccines. In other words, the vaccines based off the original or alpha variant will still provide protection even if this things mutates 10 different times just because of the viral structure.

Per my doctor family member
That is why the vaccines have been extremely helpful. But the mutations, particularly from this Delta variant, have been significant enough to drop the effectiveness against infection down a good bit from the 95% range it was showing against the original and alpha strains for instance. It's contributing to the cases going up exponentially.

Im confused... 90% of the posts on the Bunker are bullshit other than Auburn sports related content.
This was wholly intended to get people pissing on each other over Covid masks. Of course it was. I’m going to start a Covid board for you and everyone else wants to flame all day at straw men. Give me a little bit and I’ll have it up and running.

Reactions: SH0RTS
Kamala and Biden said they wouldn’t trust any virus that came out under Trump.

They said it A LOT.

So blame them first.
BZZZT. Wrong. Try again.

They said they wouldn't trust any vaccine simply based on Trump's recommendation, but that they would trust the scientists and medical experts.

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT FORCING VACCINATED PEOPLE TO WEAR A MASK...nothing to do with unvaccinated, that's an entirely separate discussion entirely. (they should be masking, especially in large crowds, if unvaccinated)..FFFFS.
VACCINATED PEOPLE BEING ADVISED TO WEAR MASKS (IN INDOOR AREAS WITH HIGH TRANSMISSION) IS A DIRECT RESULT OF SPREAD CAUSED BY THE HIGH NUMBER OF UNVACCINATED PEOPLE CONTINUING THE SPREAD. I can't say it any plainer.

This was wholly intended to get people pissing on each other over Covid masks. Of course it was. I’m going to start a Covid board for you and everyone else wants to flame all day at straw men. Give me a little bit and I’ll have it up and running.
I have made like three covid-related threads in the last 6 months.

This seems different that pissing on libs. This is about craziness of masks for vaccinated. Seems worthy as any of the other shit threads on the bunker.

BZZZT. Wrong. Try again.

They said they wouldn't trust any vaccine simply based on Trump's recommendation, but that they would trust the scientists and medical experts.

"The way he (Trump) talks about the vaccine is not particularly rational. He’s talking about it being ready, he’s going to talk about moving it quicker than the scientists think it should be moved … . People don’t believe that he’s telling the truth, therefore they’re not at all certain they’re going to take the vaccine. And one more thing: If and when the vaccine comes, it’s not likely to go through all the tests that need to be done, and the trials that are needed to be done."

Misleading headline is misleading, politifact is FOS as always...

"The way he (Trump) talks about the vaccine is not particularly rational. He’s talking about it being ready, he’s going to talk about moving it quicker than the scientists think it should be moved … . People don’t believe that he’s telling the truth, therefore they’re not at all certain they’re going to take the vaccine. And one more thing: If and when the vaccine comes, it’s not likely to go through all the tests that need to be done, and the trials that are needed to be done."

Misleading headline is misleading, politifact is FOS as always...
Still nope. This quote was from August 2020 when Trump was making all sorts of outlandish claims about when the vaccines would be coming and other cockamamie treatments that "work." It was months before the trials were even completed, much less the vaccine was made available to the first members of the general public.

The context still is clear that it was Trump and his statements that they had doubts on the entire time. The selective choosing of this or that quote devoid of context is what makes people think otherwise.

VACCINATED PEOPLE BEING ADVISED TO WEAR MASKS (IN INDOOR AREAS WITH HIGH TRANSMISSION) IS A DIRECT RESULT OF SPREAD CAUSED BY THE HIGH NUMBER OF UNVACCINATED PEOPLE CONTINUING THE SPREAD. I can't say it any plainer.
So is the vaccine effective, yes or no? If it is, vaccinated people shouldn't have to wear masks, to protect OURSELVES from COVID. Also if it is(and I believe that's the case) than the message should be about HOW successfully this vaccine has been at prevent death/significant illness even if you test positive for COVID. Hell even Stump understood this part, the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting COVID, it just gives you the antibodies to fight the virus quicker/better.

Still nope. This quote was from August 2020 when Trump was making all sorts of outlandish claims about when the vaccines would be coming and other cockamamie treatments that "work." It was months before the trials were even completed, much less the vaccine was made available to the first members of the general public.

The context still is clear that it was Trump and his statements that they had doubts on the entire time. The selective choosing of this or that quote devoid of context is what makes people think otherwise.
So Trump was right that the vaccine was available quicker than the "experts" predicted, or are we just going to pretend that didn't happened. LOL at using politifact as a "source"/fact checking site to begin with...

Last edited:
I have made like three covid-related threads in the last 6 months.

This seems different that pissing on libs. This is about craziness of masks for vaccinated. Seems worthy as any of the other shit threads on the bunker.
I’m creating a Covid board and we can put it all right there. Y’all can punch each other in the nads all day long over this silliness.

So is the vaccine effective, yes or no? If it is, vaccinated people shouldn't have to wear masks, to protect OURSELVES from COVID. Also if it is(and I believe that's the case) than the message should be about HOW successfully this vaccine has been at prevent death/significant illness even if you test positive for COVID. Hell even Stump understood this part, the vaccine doesn't stop you from getting COVID, it just gives you the antibodies to fight the virus quicker/better.
Yes--highly effective. 100%? No. The fact that's it's highly effective does not necessarily mean that you might not need to wear a mask in certain circumstances to protect others. I don't think you and others look at the situation correctly--it's about risk assessment and management on a massive scale. And I fully understand the last two sentences and don't see how that changes anything.

It really isn’t you break it down.

1. At this point, there is nothing that keeps you from getting the virus. Nothing at all. There are just things that can limit your exposure to heavy doses of the virus. Everything discussed does only that. Unless you stay 100% isolated.

2. Vaccination simply limits the severity of symptoms. Antibodies about the same as vaccination.

3. Masks are effective at limiting your exposure to heavy dose exposure. Really only effective when combined with all other protocols

4. Social distancing is the most effective protocol for exposure to heavy doses. Becomes more effective when combined with the other protocols.

5. Disinfecting and hand washing limits exposure to heavy doses from secondary contact exposure.

Conclusion: These hold true for all viruses. Vaccinations are best for limiting symptoms, but is even better when combined with masking, social distancing, and disinfecting. The reason is these protocols reduce heavy dose exposure, and then the vaccine lets the body deal with low dose exposure.

Just because you have the vaccine does not mean you cannot get covid. In fact, you likely will. And the vaccine will work better if you get a low-dose exposure vs high-dose exposure. True for antibodies as well.

Folks confuse immunity as meaning you can’t get the virus, when it really means your body can fight off the virus once contracted. Then they confuse reducing dose exposure with 100% total virus exposure.

And if you have health issues, the risks are even more dangerous obviously. And as the virus mutates, additional variants can cause complications.

Unfortunately, the combo of individuals being unvaccinated and with no antibodies, allows the virus to bounce around for a longer period of time, and prolongs the pandemic. It also increases risk for additional mutations the longer it goes on.

Then you get pandemic fatigue, where we all just want things back to the way it is without having to take all precautions. That leads to additional waves of outbreaks like we have now.

Thank you so much for including a balanced, informative post that isn't totally one-sided. The only thing I'd add is that while we would expect the incidences to be MUCH lower, fully vaccinated, can serve as vectors, and infect both unvaccinated, and other fully vaccinated folks, (and potentially harbor it long enough for it to mutate).

This should happen less than it does with unvaccinated, but it still bears mentioning as they have counted on peer pressure and blame to be placed on the unvaccinated. This is one case where I understand someone making a different decision than I might make. If you want to make it a no-brainer, just offer another vaccine option based on the old tried and true classical vaccine technology, and no one would have a logical reason to have concerns. We might already be at herd immunity if that were their primary goal, and they'd offered it, (instead of forcing everyone to the new mRNA vaccine).

Yes--highly effective. 100%? No. The fact that's it's highly effective does not necessarily mean that you might not need to wear a mask in certain circumstances to protect others. I don't think you and others look at the situation correctly--it's about risk assessment and management on a massive scale. And I fully understand the last two sentences and don't see how that changes anything.
Interesting that you brought up "risk assessment"...doesn't that include personal freedom to choose what's best for you and your family and/or risks you're willing to take? That seems like the exact opposite of the message you're pushing ITT. Serious question how much risk am I while being still young and fully vaccinated of dying from COVID? Why should I wear a mask after doing this "risk assessment"? Seems to me you're not actually for "risk assessment" you're for bullying tactics more or less..."for the greater good"(sound familiar)?

Can fully vaccinated serve as a vector harboring the virus, and spread it to others, (both unvaccinated, and fully vaccinated)???

Of course, we'd expect the rates to be significantly lower, but please answer the question.
I've told you yes several times. In very rare cases. And?

Interesting that you brought up "risk assessment"...doesn't that include personal freedom to choose what's best for you and your family and/or risks you're willing to take? That seems like the exact opposite of the message you're pushing ITT. Serious question how much risk am I while being still young and fully vaccinated of dying from COVID? Why should I wear a mask after doing this "risk assessment"? Seems to me you're not actually for "risk assessment" you're for bullying tactics more or less..."for the greater good"(sound familiar)?
Risk assessment from the perspective of public health officials who are trying to mitigate sickness and death for the entire population, recognizing that what you or any other individual does can impact public health as a whole. The bullying stuff is pathetic nonsense.

So Trump was right that the vaccine was available quicker than the "experts" predicted, or are we just going to pretend that didn't happened. LOL at using politifact as a "source"/fact checking site to begin with...
You're moving the goalposts. He was predicting a vaccine being available that fall, in addition to a whole bunch of other wild predictions and claims and in addition to muzzling the CDC. There were good reasons to doubt anything COVID-related solely on the basis of "Trump said."

Also, if you're going to play the "attack the source" game, I have better things to do with my time. If you want to argue the points the article makes, fine. But "LOL your source sucks" is for children.

Reactions: hsvtgr

Yes except the other protocols directly impact the dose exposure. The dose exposure then fought off by the vaccine or antibodies. The lower the dose, the better the vaccine or antibodies can defend against the virus. The better that works, the less severe the symptoms.

less severe cases limit hospitalizations and deaths, dilute the virus faster, limits number of mutations, and ends the pandemic. Then it just becomes part of seasonal flus to deal with.

most folks don’t realize that Spanish Flu is still floating around on some form.

I don't think your first statement is accurate or it's at least misleading as far "a lot." The number of fully vaccinated carriers is very small--a fraction on the non vaccinated carriers. Knowing and understanding this doesn't really say anything, much less "volumes" about any kind of intent. That doesn't make sense. I'm not playing any games and frankly don't know what you are talking about. Pride? What?

I agree, and have been saying that we should EXPECT the number of fully vaccinated who are passing it to be significantly less, however, I think it's being dishonest when you don't acknowledge the fact and just keep throwing "the unvaccinated" under the bus as if fully vaccinated are spreading it too, (even if it's a significantly smaller number).

A lot of the behavior contributing to this bloom, probably comes from this type of one-sided misinformation. We need balanced information and truth from all perspectives. Not silly finger pointing games that were engineered into the planned narrative, (i.e. using extreme peer pressure to get more to take the new vaccines).

You're moving the goalposts. He was predicting a vaccine being available that fall, in addition to a whole bunch of other wild predictions and claims and in addition to muzzling the CDC. There were good reasons to doubt anything COVID-related solely on the basis of "Trump said."

Also, if you're going to play the "attack the source" game, I have better things to do with my time. If you want to argue the points the article makes, fine. But "LOL your source sucks" is for children.
You're the guy that posted a politifact "article" and thought you actually had a point. Wikipedia is more reliable than those losers. I didn't move any goal post, I literally posted a video for you to see that both Biden and Harris said what Politifact said they didn't say...FWIW the vaccine was available by Nov of last year (fall)...so he was right.

You're the guy that posted a politifact "article" and thought you actually had a point. Wikipedia is more reliable than those losers. I didn't move any goal post, I literally posted a video for you to see that both Biden and Harris said what Politifact said they didn't say...FWIW the vaccine was available by Nov of last year (fall)...so he was right.
Enjoy talking to yourself then. I don’t argue with people who can’t argue the facts.

Enjoy talking to yourself then. I don’t argue with people who can’t argue the facts.
Facts over feelings...

200.gif

Nope. The vaccinated are spreading the virus to the unvaccinated.

Nope. The vaccinated are spreading the virus to the unvaccinated.

I don't believe that's true. You are basically arguing that the vaccines are not working as intended to greatly reduce the chance of infection and the data do not support that.

ADVERTISEMENT