ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Update: Gulf Coast COVID numbers

Lot of info from the gulf coast, but are any other parts of the country experiencing massive numbers similarly? A quick look at vaccination rates and current hospitalization numbers should paint a decent picture on vaccine efficacy.

Reactions: DM8
Well that’s fine but a lot of people don’t agree they should have that choice just like a lot of people don’t agree on many other rules of society. Point being you could mandate certain things regarding a public health crisis without it meaning people’s rights are being stripped from them. People are way too stupid to be allowed to do whatever they want in certain situations even in the US.
If I could like this post a 100 times I would.

Reactions: DM8
Lot of info from the gulf coast, but are any other parts of the country experiencing massive numbers similarly? A quick look at vaccination rates and current hospitalization numbers should paint a decent picture on vaccine efficacy.
This is a good point which further debunks the anti-vax propaganda. There's a strong correlation between the states with the lowest vaccination rates and states where hospitals are being overrun by the delta wave.

The doctor literally shared why this is the case. His studies show that vaccinated people initially do carry significant viral loads - basically the same levels as unvaccinated people - but only for up to about 5 days. After that, while high viral loads persist for much longer in unvaccinated people, they drop off quickly for the vaccinated.

Look, I get asking about unknowns but you take it a step further and build a lot of assumptions - or at least suspicions - based off unknowns that aren't warranted. You keep seeing data after data after data showing that unvaccinated people are accounting for the vast majority of positive tests, the overwhelming majority of those hospitalized, an overwhelming majority of those in ICU, and an even more overwhelming majority of COVID deaths. And now there's this data showing how the viral loads are only the same in vaccinated people for a few days before dropping off significantly while the unvaccinated's viral loads persist at high levels. But you're all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "how can we really know" on it and it just doesn't make sense.

My friend, this isn't a pissing match about vaccinated versus unvaccinated. My post wasn't about vaccinated versus unvaccinated AT ALL. It also isn't about which "group" carries viral load the longest etc. Lastly, I truly hope that everyone would have definitely EXPECTED unvaccinated to have higher loads, and to maintain their loads throughout the illness, (goodness gracious have I bumped my head???). I mean, we're talking Captain Obvious on overload.

I haven't seen anyone remotely attempting to say that vaccinated persons were spreading COVID more than the unvaccinated, so it's foolish to even create that false argument. However, what I HAVE seen all over the place, is the narrative that ALL of the spread of COVID is 100% due to the unvaccinated. If the leading authorities continue to do bad science, and push narratives simply because they are intent on playing a marketing and blame game, they'll end up with gallons more of egg yolk on their faces, and most importantly by far, the pandemic could end up back in the ditch, (i.e. yet another surge).

Last edited:
The doctor literally shared why this is the case. His studies show that vaccinated people initially do carry significant viral loads - basically the same levels as unvaccinated people - but only for up to about 5 days. After that, while high viral loads persist for much longer in unvaccinated people, they drop off quickly for the vaccinated.

Look, I get asking about unknowns but you take it a step further and build a lot of assumptions - or at least suspicions - based off unknowns that aren't warranted. You keep seeing data after data after data showing that unvaccinated people are accounting for the vast majority of positive tests, the overwhelming majority of those hospitalized, an overwhelming majority of those in ICU, and an even more overwhelming majority of COVID deaths. And now there's this data showing how the viral loads are only the same in vaccinated people for a few days before dropping off significantly while the unvaccinated's viral loads persist at high levels. But you're all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ "how can we really know" on it and it just doesn't make sense.
(Part II)

My entire post was about the fact that we CANNOT accurately determine how many vaccinated persons have experienced breakthrough infections, nor the number that have achieved significant viral loads, due to the fact that the vaccines work, so most of those "carriers" are probably asymptomatic, and even the ones that do have symptoms, experience very mild symptoms so they are not going to the doctor even when they are sick because they think they only have a cold, (again, since the vaccines are working so well). Therefore, it's stupid to publish statistics showing that some given percentage of COVID cases are attributed to the unvaccinated. It's absolutely horrible "science" and it's something that a sharp 5th grader should catch, yet over and again, I see this type of misinformation plastered all over the internet, and on these boards. Some by folks that you'd really, really hope would know better.

The ramifications of having millions of "hidden" persons spreading COVID, (even for 5 days), and not accounted for in official stats and data that the leading authorities are using to make decisions, could be HUGE. These hidden spreaders of COVID are primarily the ones out there "getting back to normal", not wearing masks, not being checked before being allowed to enter concerts, and whom are being given free passes to fly, conduct mass gatherings etc..

I've not based anything off of "unknowns", but if you expect anyone that's knowledgeable to accept those shoddy "statistics" when there truly is NO WAY TO KNOW how many vaccinated people have experienced breakthrough infections, or achieved significant viral load long enough to support virus mutation and/or spread of COVID, it's completely crazy. Again, everyone expects unvaccinated to maintain higher loads etc., but again, if you have millions mingling and socializing with the unvaccinated, and you don't account for their spread factor too, you're just asking for the type of surge that we're in now, (which likely owes a lot of its existence to the propaganda, narratives, and us assuming without verifying, which is REALLY bad science), and all kinds of other mistakes and oversights.

BTW, it's only one doctor, but the guy linked below disagrees with the doctor who did your study. He is VERY pro-vaccine, but he seems to understand that there is no freaking way we can accurately determine how many fully vaccinated folks have experienced breakthrough or high enough viral loads to spread COVID and therefore contribute to this surge.

@TitanTiger (AU), do you disagree with Dr. Gottlieb?

Last edited:
My friend, this isn't a pissing match about vaccinated versus unvaccinated. My post wasn't about vaccinated versus unvaccinated AT ALL. It also isn't about which "group" carries viral load the longest etc. Lastly, I truly hope that everyone would have definitely EXPECTED unvaccinated to have higher loads, and to maintain their loads throughout the illness, (goodness gracious have I bumped my head???). I mean, we're talking Captain Obvious on overload.

I haven't seen anyone remotely attempting to say that vaccinated persons were spreading COVID more than the unvaccinated, so it's foolish to even create that false argument. However, what I HAVE seen all over the place, is the narrative that ALL of the spread of COVID is due to the unvaccinated. If the leading authorities continue to do bad science, and push narratives simply because they are intent on playing a marketing and blame game, they'll end up with more gallons of egg yolk on their faces, and the pandemic could end up back in the ditch, (i.e. yet another surge).
That's just bullshit. No one here or anywhere else has suggested that ALL of the spread of COVID is due to the unvaccinated. That's a complete strawman tactic. What has been said, and should be glaringly obvious to even you by now, is that the unvaccinated are overwhelmingly responsible for the spread. Spread from vaccinated people is a drop in the bucket by comparison.

If you didn't mean to try and contradict my points about who's overwhelmingly responsible for the spread right now, then you picked a really odd post of mine to reply to and offer rebuttals. At this point, I'm not sure even you know what you're arguing for but I'm certain no one else does.

It is starting elsewhere but not full blown yet. It’s more in the south due to people going inside due to the heat and very low vaccination rates and zero mitigation efforts. We will see how the rest of the country does in Sept and Oct but I imagine it will be much better in all areas but mostly in deaths and hospitalizations.

Reactions: LeotheTiger
That's just bullshit. No one here or anywhere else has suggested that ALL of the spread of COVID is due to the unvaccinated. That's a complete strawman tactic. What has been said, and should be glaringly obvious to even you by now, is that the unvaccinated are overwhelmingly responsible for the spread. Spread from vaccinated people is a drop in the bucket by comparison.

If you didn't mean to try and contradict my points about who's overwhelmingly responsible for the spread right now, then you picked a really odd post of mine to reply to and offer rebuttals. At this point, I'm not sure even you know what you're arguing for but I'm certain no one else does.

Dude can’t even get all his crazy thoughts into one post.

Alright. Fess up. For the purposes of full disclosure, any of you rubes work for, or have connections to Phizer, Moderna, J&J, the CDC, or any whacky true anti-vaxxer orgs??? If anyone works for one of the big pharma, please let us know. It won't be held against you. :cool:

Reactions: Aueku

You're not very informed on the topic if you've not seen all the propaganda and misinformation that STRONGLY implies and otherwise points blame at the "unvaccinated" while encouraging folks to play the blame game.

Here's an excerpt from the article I've linked below, so you're dead wrong thinking that no one has suggested this.

Question:
"Let’s get super clear about this. Are variants occurring in vaccinated or unvaccinated people?"

Answer:
“Evolution, at the moment, is ALL happening in the unvaccinated". That’s where the majority of cases are. That’s the majority of transmission. Every time a virus replicates, it can mutate. So the evolution is, right now, occurring in the body of people who are not vaccinated. Rogan is completely wrong trying to deduce anything else.”

Are you okay with them making those bolded, quoted statements in the answer to the question??? I'm not defending whatever Rogan said at all, but just providing proof that this type of BS misinformation is all over the place, so you were wrong saying it's BS, and that no one has suggested that. Despite them kind of trying to clean it up later, the damage is done when you put out this type of propaganda, (and again, we understand that they are doing it to get vaccinations up, but is it right???)?

Last edited:
For you there is okk no my one decision, for those with health issues that could be made much worse by taking the vaccine there have to be many things weighed, but you seem to assume that you are too intelligent to be questioned, which you are not.

Most with health issues should take the vaccine as Covid could kill them.

People that get COVID have little to no symptoms some 80% of the time. 5-10% of the time they get severe disease. 1% or so die.

I have serious doubts the vaccine has any affect whatsoever on that.

Please don’t take this as being anti-vax. I am shot up and I think it’s a good idea to do it. I just don’t think it does shit.
1% of COViD cases do not result in depth.

Reactions: Aueku
Does anyone want to discuss their association with Pfizer? Again, it won't be held against you, but it's best to divulge these things yourself, (just as Dr. Gottlieb does).

It'd be better than having it come out later via other means. 🙂

Reactions: KILLAKONG
Does anyone want to discuss their association with Pfizer? Again, it won't be held against you, but it's best to divulge these things yourself, (just as Dr. Gottlieb does).

Does owning stock count?

Reactions: KILLAKONG
Nope, not really, (though for those to whom full disclosure matters, or in situations where it really matters, if it were me, I'd do that too). But I'm talking about something else, (or, someone else).

If you are referring to me, I have no association with any vaccine company. Although, I might have used a medication from Pfizer from time to time…

Nope, not really, (though for those to whom full disclosure matters, or in situations where it really matters, if it were me, I'd do that too). But I'm talking about something else, (or, someone else).
What crazy scenario have you conjured up today?

I don't work for Pfizer but I do a lot of work with Pfizer... and many others in the Life Sciences industry.

Who are you referring to? I own Phizer stock (you'd be stupid not to have bought in last year) so I'm "associated".

Reactions: gatorz1209
Because he’s the most known Dr on here and he knows you’re full of conspiracies.

You chicanery won't work. You know that I don't post conspiracies. But I do try my best to offer solid points as my two cents of opinion.

On the other hand you are the CONSENSUS worst poster on the board, and you've EARNED that distinction on several other boards, (and that's hard to do). Furthermore, other members of your family were ab-so-lutely HATED on other boards too, and it wasn't because either of you were taking a stand for the truth.

You have been perma-banned on multiple boards. You've had people offer to PAY YOU to leave the board.
Everybody can't be wrong about you Stomp.

You chicanery won't work. You know that I don't post conspiracies. But I do try my best to offer solid points as my two cents of opinion.

On the other hand you are the CONSENSUS worst poster on the board, and you've EARNED that distinction on several other boards, (and that's hard to do). Furthermore, other members of your family were ab-so-lutely HATED on other boards too, and it wasn't because either of you were taking a stand for the truth.

You have been perma-banned on multiple boards. You've had people offer to PAY YOU to leave the board.
Everybody can't be wrong about you Stomp.

Dude, I’ll let others judge you for their own. Most think you’re way out there. Lol

Dude, I’ll let others judge you for their own. Most think you’re way out there. Lol

That would be a HUGE change in your M.O. You spend an inordinate amount of time, lying, and painting me in a completely incorrect light, (as a means of disqualifying me since you can't refute the arguments themselves). It's one of the things that make you THE worst poster on multiple internet boards.

Even your last statement is an attempt to swami and manipulate others. You think they are dumb, and unable to pick up on what you're doing.

That would be a HUGE change in your M.O. You spend an inordinate amount of time, lying, and painting me in a completely incorrect light, (as a means of disqualifying me since you can't refute the arguments themselves). It's one of the things that make you THE worst poster on multiple internet boards.

Even your last statement is an attempt to swami and manipulate others. You think they are dumb, and unable to pick up on what you're doing.

Nobody reads your bizarre essays any longer.

Reactions: gatorz1209
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT