ADVERTISEMENT

Quick Update: Gulf Coast COVID numbers

Why post that??? Are you saying that Dr. McCollough was a member of the AAPS?

While there were some good points in that testimony. Much has been proven wrong already. We are now on our 2nd generation of monoclonal antibody treatments and the first were already being used (despite him somewhat blowing off that someone already given testimony as such). The comments about those under 50 that were healthy not needing the vaccine are also being proven wrong as that this is about 40% of our ICU. I agree with the natural immunity aspect however with the increase in reinfections, this was also premature. With 3 major points already being proven premature or wrong, I think it would be wise to step back and research more.

I do agree that treatment should have been pushed more and should be multifaceted however it is difficult to do those studies. There were and are multiple studies ongoing worldwide.
And yes, AAPS is an organization that is met with skepticism throughout the medical community as that they are conspiracy theorists and have some crazy beliefs.

Can you guys provide a link. I can't find one.

If he is a member, that doesn't automatically disqualify the actual comments that he made to congress on the videotape, but I wonder if it's atypical for him to rise to the position that he held at Baylor if he were a true quack, as is being stated. He was canceled rather quickly.

I like to hear viewpoints from all over, (objectivity), as long as they aren't true kooks, and I'm glad the other poster mentioned his name so I could hear those comments in the video. I'm also interested in hearing what the doctors opinion's are regarding whether we have a consensus treatment routine etc.
You don't have to be a kook to have interests that don't actually align with human health and welfare.

It's promoted by the organization.

I don't trust that organization at all.

You can decide if you want to as is your right.

While there were some good points in that testimony. Much has been proven wrong already. We are now on our 2nd generation of monoclonal antibody treatments and the first were already being used (despite him somewhat blowing off that someone already given testimony as such). The comments about those under 50 that were healthy not needing the vaccine are also being proven wrong as that this is about 40% of our ICU. I agree with the natural immunity aspect however with the increase in reinfections, this was also premature. With 3 major points already being proven premature or wrong, I think it would be wise to step back and research more.

I do agree that treatment should have been pushed more and should be multifaceted however it is difficult to do those studies. There were and are multiple studies ongoing worldwide.
And yes, AAPS is an organization that is met with skepticism throughout the medical community as that they are conspiracy theorists and have some crazy beliefs.

Thanks for the balanced response. I thought he made some good points as well, regarding the medical field at least ATTEMPTING to share data, notes and standardize treatment with each other in such an extreme emergency. I mean, to a simple layman, it's a HUGE, huge miss, and when combined with other such things, it'll really leave any objective observer scratching the heck out of their heads.

When he made the video, were the 2nd gen monoclonal antibodies out yet? In addition, if Delta wasn't out yet, and the data from the original strain didn't support the younger crew getting hit as hard as they are being hit by now by Delta, I think we have to cut him a little slack. It's not surprising that someone with a minimalist philosophy would only treat with new technology when it's absolutely needed. Prior to this recent anomaly from Delta, even just a few weeks ago, only 336 that were 17 and younger had died, (out of 600K+).

Should we count those type of things as "major points that were wrong"? Every expert and doctor that's been all over twitter saying that fully vaccinated could be "close as 2 spoons in a drawer", and giving guidance that vaccinated could stop following all the best practices and start conducting mass spreading events etc., all got automatic get out of jail free cards due to Delta throwing a curve ball, so personally, I'll give him the same courtesy.

I understand about AAPS, but are you saying that he is a member? I asked others for links, but I don't think anyone's responded yet. Lastly, thank you SO much for taking time to listen and give your opinions. I was glad the guy posted it. I try to listen to all kinds of reasonable information, (as I can usually sort out the crap), as many times these days, it's the only way to form an objective opinion. The truth frequently lies somewhere in the middle, and it's especially important to get info from multiple angles and aspects with everyone adopting the really stupid partisan, twitter-battling approach where they camp up on extreme opposite sides, operate in myopic delusion, and never the twain shall meet.

You don't have to be a kook to have interests that don't actually align with human health and welfare.

It's promoted by the organization.

I don't trust that organization at all.

You can decide if you want to as is your right.

That is certainly true, but my point was, that he made some really good points that could go VERY far toward improving "human health and welfare" in this pandemic, (even if they aren't aligned with the established narrative put out for COVID). One in particular should really leave everyone scratching their heads and asking why in the world would all of our doctors not do that.

Please provide a link that shows that he is an actual member of AARP. It's been implied, but I couldn't find a link. Can you provide one?

I had never heard of AAPS but if this is true then I am going to be skeptical of anyone using one of their members as a source of medical information.

The Association of American Physicians and Surgeons (AAPS) is a conservative non-profit association that promotes medical disinformation, such as HIV/AIDS denialism, the abortion-breast cancer hypothesis, vaccine and autism connections, and homosexuality reducing life expectancy. The association was founded in 1943 to oppose a government attempt to nationalize health care.

That is certainly true, but my point was, that he made some really good points that could go VERY far toward improving "human health and welfare" in this pandemic, (even if they aren't aligned with the established narrative put out for COVID). One in particular should really leave everyone scratching their heads and asking why in the world would all of our doctors not do that.

Please provide a link that shows that he is an actual member of AARP. It's been implied, but I couldn't find a link. Can you provide one?
A quick google search turns up the following:

If he's not a member they sure are supporting him a lot and using him as an expert.

Reactions: GONIG BUCK
A quick google search turns up the following:

If he's not a member they sure are supporting him a lot and using him as an expert.

Surely you see through that Strangs. I'm sure that the AARP will jump on any coattails that they can, but that does NOT mean he is a member. Throughout this entire charade, one of most disturbing trends is the way other scientists, researchers, doctors and authorities have gone about canceling anyone who'd dare offer the slightest deviation from the prescribed narrative.

People are encourage to instantly call name, (anti-vaxxer), label folks as a conspiracy kook, or say they are using FUD, (while simultaneously using FUD as frequently as possible in the opposing propaganda). All without even considering if such a prominent, published and peer reviewed doctor might have some valid points that we cadn use to help us get through this pandemic. You never throw the baby out with the bath water, (at least, if you're smart).

He could very well turn out to be a kook, but let's be fair, honest and use solid info to make that determination. Did you watch the actual video to hear what he had to say??? If so, what did you think?

Surely you see through that Strangs. I'm sure that the AARP will jump on any coattails that they can, but that does NOT mean he is a member. Throughout this entire charade, one of most disturbing trends is the way other scientists, researchers, doctors and authorities have gone about canceling anyone who'd dare offer the slightest deviation from the prescribed narrative.

People are encourage to instantly call name, (anti-vaxxer), label folks as a conspiracy kook, or say they are using FUD, (while simultaneously using FUD as frequently as possible in the opposing propaganda). All without even considering if such a prominent, published and peer reviewed doctor might have some valid points that we cadn use to help us get through this pandemic. You never throw the baby out with the bath water, (at least, if you're smart).

He could very well turn out to be a kook, but let's be fair, honest and use solid info to make that determination. Did you watch the actual video to hear what he had to say??? If so, what did you think?
He was an editor on one of their papers that I linked. I don't think it's some mythical association.

I did not watch the video. I'm vaxxed and don't really give a shit about any further arguments on whether to do so or not as I made my choice and am living with it. I will defend your right not to do so but I won't have any sympathy for anyone who has adverse reactions or dies because they did not.

Reactions: Stumpfan
He was an editor on one of their papers that I linked. I don't think it's some mythical association.

I did not watch the video. I'm vaxxed and don't really give a shit about any further arguments on whether to do so or not as I made my choice and am living with it. I will defend your right not to do so but I won't have any sympathy for anyone who has adverse reactions or dies because they did not.

Got it, and respake it, (but his video wasn't really about whether one should be vaxxed or not). Also, as you know, to vaxx, or not vaxx has never been my argument in this whole thing. That said, I do think it's important to know what someone is actually saying/offering before you make a quick ostensible observation and condemn them and/or dismiss what they have to say without even hearing their argument. We lose out when we judge a book by its cover.

Whether he edited a paper, or AARP issued a call for support on his behalf when he was canceled, those things do NOT necessarily mean he was a member of the org. Two other posters implied that he was a member and of course, pointed to the supposed whacky views of that offshoot organization. I'm just trying to see if anyone has credible proof that he is a member.

At the end of the day, it's not really germane to what he's saying in the video, but I do want to know as it'll help couch/qualify his opinions. I'm only commenting on the one linked video, and in that video, (while I may not agree with everything), he seems rationale, and he offered some good points, one of which might REALLY help us get to the other side of this pandemic as soon as possible, (which should be everyone's primary goal).

All I care about is that we end up doing what's ultimately best for mankind, in the biggest picture scenario.

Moderna is the one I got and had basically zero side effects (just a sore arm) after both shots.
I had same post-Vax side effects with the Phizer vaccine (s) from what I have gathered, the Moderna and Phizer Covid vaccines are basically the same. I.e. Ford vs Chevy

Reactions: AUJMac
I had same post-Vax side effects with the Phizer vaccine (s) from what I have gathered, the Moderna and Phizer Covid vaccines are basically the same. I.e. Ford vs Chevy

No. It’s the same vaccine basically but moderna has 2.5 to 3 times the dosage in each shot than Pfizer.

No. It’s the same vaccine basically but moderna has 2.5 to 3 times the dosage in each shot than Pfizer.
WTF? That is some stupid shit right there stump. Just smh.....

WTF? That is some stupid shit right there stump. Just smh.....

You don’t think giving almost 3 times the amount is different? Maybe I should’ve said similar ingredients but 3 x as much.

You don’t think giving almost 3 times the amount is different? Maybe I should’ve said similar ingredients but 3 x as much.
Maybe you should proof read what you post before you try and tell someone they are wrong. Just own it that you jumped the shark about a legitimate post.

Maybe you should proof read what you post before you try and tell someone they are wrong. Just own it that you jumped the shark about a legitimate post.

Nope. You were talking about side-effects. Do you think 3x the ingredients or the vaccine could be different when talking about side effects?

Nope. You were talking about side-effects. Do you think 3x the ingredients or the vaccine could be different when talking about side effects?
Wow no one can have a honest and decent discussion with you. You always want to be right even when you're wrong. Just smh and lmao at someone who has that type of inferiority complex.

Wow no one can have a honest and decent discussion with you. You always want to be right even when you're wrong. Just smh and lmao at someone who has that type of inferiority complex.

Derp. I noticed you won’t answer the question. They aren’t the same when one uses way more of the vaccine per dose. I would think it would make a difference on side effects when there is three times the vaccine in each dose.

Derp. I noticed you won’t answer the question. They aren’t the same when one uses way more of the vaccine per dose. I would think it would make a difference on side effects when there is three times the vaccine in each dose.
And like clockwork out comes the name-calling. And obviously you didn't read my post about the effects I had with the Moderna dose. So in other words you rushed to judgement again without reading and comprehending.

And like clockwork out comes the name-calling. And obviously you didn't read my post about the effects I had with the Moderna dose. So in other words you rushed to judgement again without reading and comprehending.

Again, I was simply showing you they weren’t the same.

Please take the time to look at this video regarding the FDA approval. It is NOT anti-vaxx kookery. It is spot on in advocating the extreme importance of ensuring that we start doing REAL science. This clearly states what I've been saying and railing against all along. The desire and danger of caving to an agenda, and not doing true science.

@mrhickory @stevesawbone, please share your thoughts as well.

@Stumpfan, @DM8, @TitanTiger (AU), what are your thoughts on the video?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT