ADVERTISEMENT

NYC boarded up

wde31 said:

Criminals/protestors mostly the same people. I know not all but more than 50%

Bruce, Gus and most of our football and basketball teams participated in BLM protests this summer. Which players/coaches are among the 50%+ that are criminals?
[/quote]
Peacefully protesting is fine. Don’t think anyone disagrees with that.

Rioting is the issue and not acceptable.

Reactions: Big Blue
No, the reason we can't have an honest conversation is someone posts a video of a few windows that are boarded up (without a date) and the usual reactionary suspects claim that NYC is now an abandoned ghost town that will never recover. If you can't see which side of this discussion is off the rails, you need to take a step back and reevaluate your position.

Thats not what she said. You literally just created a completely separate talking point.

And LoL at just a “few”. You’re not being serious if that is a few.

I’m afraid of getting robbed, beaten, or otherwise accosted. I’d be an easy target. When I went to NYC last time, everyone said they could tell we didn’t live there because I was wearing a winter white coat.
Is that because the NYC residents do not abide by the Easter through Labor Day rule?

Reactions: stutsman23
No, the reason we can't have an honest conversation is someone posts a video of a few windows that are boarded up (without a date) and the usual reactionary suspects claim that NYC is now an abandoned ghost town that will never recover. If you can't see which side of this discussion is off the rails, you need to take a step back and reevaluate your position.
And just to clarify, you are suggesting that NY is fine? No problems or concerns?

Reactions: hsvtiger34
Bruce, Gus and most of our football and basketball teams participated in BLM protests this summer. Which players/coaches are among the 50%+ that are criminals?
Peacefully protesting is fine. Don’t think anyone disagrees with that.

Rioting is the issue and not acceptable.[/QUOTE]
I responded to someone who claimed the majority of BLM protesters have been violent. If all of our coaches and players participated, that means a significant portions must have been violent rioters. How much of downtown Auburn did they burn?

And just to clarify, you are suggesting that NY is fine? No problems or concerns?
You can't save your nutty compatriots by moving the goal posts or throwing up straw men. I responded to someone who claimed NYC was now abandoned and completely shut down. That is 100% false.

You didn’t but I’m glad we can add that to the list issues of why we can’t have a actual conversation. Moving the goalposts.
You accusing anyone of moving the goal posts after you just tried to shift the debate from whether NYC is "abandoned and shutting down" to whether there is "any problem or concern" is pretty humorous.

Reactions: Stumpfan
Thats not what she said. You literally just created a completely separate talking point.

And LoL at just a “few”. You’re not being serious if that is a few.
I just posted a link to webcams all over the city. I didn't see a single boarded up window on 5th Ave, Time's Square, or Broadway. I am sorry to ruin your team's narrative that NYC is an abandoned ghost town.

You can't save your nutty compatriots by moving the goal posts or throwing up straw men. I responded to someone who claimed NYC was now abandoned and completely shut down. That is 100% false.

I didn’t ask if it was abandoned. That is subjective. I’m asking if it’s fine and has no real problems. You completely avoided that question.

I didn’t ask if it was abandoned. That is subjective. I’m asking if it’s fine and has no real problems. You completely avoided that question.
No. I responded to someone who said the city is abandoned which is the same point being made in the OP. You threw up a poorly constructed straw man in an attempt to support the other nuts ITT.

What do we have here? Its the video from the OP. It was shot on June 3. You and all the others who got riled up ITT are either very gullible or committed to pushing a false narrative.

I just posted a link to webcams all over the city. I didn't see a single boarded up window on 5th Ave, Time's Square, or Broadway. I am sorry to ruin your team's narrative that NYC is an abandoned ghost town.

I don’t have a narrative I’m going for.. I’m asking you.. do you think NYC is fine. Do you think the people leaving are not a real issue? Do you think the crime spike is not a real issue? I’m not pushing a narrative. I’m asking a question. The video is just a snapshot of a piece of time in NYC that illustrates some of the ongoing issues. Are you denying that?

Reactions: 1959 and Mikecb22
No. I responded to someone who said the city is abandoned which is the same point being made in the OP. You threw up a poorly constructed straw man in an attempt to support the other nuts ITT.

What do we have here? Its the video from the OP. It was shot on June 3. You and all the others who got riled up ITT are either very gullible or committed to pushing a false narrative.

Lol. That’s what I figured. See my first post.

Reactions: DM8
I don’t have a narrative I’m going for.. I’m asking you.. do you think NYC is fine. Do you think the people leaving are not a real issue? Do you think the crime spike is not a real issue? I’m not pushing a narrative. I’m asking a question. The video is just a snapshot of a piece of time in NYC that illustrates some of the ongoing issues. Are you denying that?
The video was from June 3rd. You got duped like everyone else ITT who was eager to believe NYC is now an abandoned ghost town.

Lol. That’s what I figured. See my first post.

When the video was filmed doesn’t really matter.. the boarding of windows was in response to looting from your “peaceful” protests. So I’m glad we can rule out the tropical storm from last week.

Reactions: 1959
Could you imagine how bad it would make stump’s head explode if all of you just put him on ignore? Replying to him is just throwing gas on the fire. It’s like trying to have a rational conversation with an ADHD three year old.

I was right from the beginning of this thread when I questioned the date. It was June 3. I was right when I said it sucks that criminals took advantage of the protests and looted. I was right. I was right when I said it’s sad that the protests were necessary. I was right. You need to start paying attention.

So people boarded up windows after looting occurred?! I think you just made the entire point for us. NYC is now being overrun with violence and left-wing politics which have enabled the criminals.

Reactions: j4au_1
When the video was filmed doesn’t really matter.. the boarding of windows was in response to looting from your “peaceful” protests. So I’m glad we can rule out the tropical storm from last week.

Sure it is. Most of you thought it was now and the op basically said it was. A lot of cities had to board up due to criminals taking advantage of the protests.

It doesn't matter? OP and many others in this thread have claimed NYC is an abandoned ghost town. The businesses in the video are now open. The Rolex store shown is open till 5 today. Call them and report back on whether they tell you there's no one left in the city. Your team's willingness to believe anything that fits your preferred narrative, no matter how false, never ceases to amaze.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rol...6j69i57j0l5.3135j0j9&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

The video was from June 3rd. You got duped like everyone else ITT who was eager to believe NYC is now an abandoned ghost town.
I really have a hard time believing you are this dense. But I believe it.

I never said NYC was abandoned. You keep saying that but I never said that. You seemingly think NYC is safe and fully occupied. So I guess that’s where we are at.

So people boarded up windows after looting occurred?! I think you just made the entire point for us. NYC is now being overrun with violence and left-wing politics which have enabled the criminals.
Time to admit you were duped. Continuing to double down after the OP was debunked is embarrassing.

Sure it is. Most of you thought it was now and the op basically said it was. A lot of cities had to board up due to criminals taking advantage of the protests.
I don’t necessarily think it was a matte of whether NYC is boarded up today but they fact it had to be because it was ravished by looters. You think that it won’t happen again??

Reactions: Boisgreat
I think both of you are off the rails

Reactions: vanceme
Time to admit you were duped. Continuing to double down after the OP was debunked is embarrassing.

Just so we are clear.. OP posts a video of boarded up NY streets. You think this is a win for you because it’s from June?

Maybe those business are not boarded up today but how are their sales? Are they going to last the rest of summer? Are they at risk to close or be broken into again?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT