ADVERTISEMENT

NYC boarded up

just finished shooting there and NJ...I’d say it’s about 20% occupancy. Everyone I talked to in the crew was considering leaving. Not kidding. If you have $, you’re already gone.

everyone is working from home and many high rise CO’s are considering ‘permanent home furloughs’ which would get them out of sky-high rents.

Restaurants are patio only and just hanging on.

Mom and pop stores are gone. It’ll be next yr, till we know the true damage.

Thanks for the update. Terrible. Very sad situation that the Governor does not have the political courage to remove the major.

I don’t necessarily think it was a matte of whether NYC is boarded up today but they fact it had to be because it was ravished by looters. You think that it won’t happen again??
1*UPwnSRr5ujBqkZlLDGv88A.gif

So now we are going from "look at all the boarded up windows, NYC is abandoned!" to "there could be riots again one day in NYC!" There have been riots in NYC and every other large city in our country dating back to the 1800s. There will assuredly be riots again in every major city so that's a really weak straw man.

I’m sorry you live in a shithole with your head in the sand.
NYC has among the highest real estate prices in the world. You have to be a seriously delusional nut to think it's a "shithole" where no one wants to live.

Just so we are clear.. OP posts a video of boarded up NY streets. You think this is a win for you because it’s from June?

Maybe those business are not boarded up today but how are their sales? Are they going to last the rest of summer? Are they at risk to close or be broken into again?

You believed it was a video that was very recently by your comments. “...what is happening” and “nyc destroyed”. I’m not surprised you were duped.

1*UPwnSRr5ujBqkZlLDGv88A.gif

So now we are going from "look at all the boarded up windows, NYC is abandoned!" to "there could be riots again one day in NYC!" There have been riots in NYC and every other large city in our country dating back to the 1800s. There will assuredly be riots again in every major city so that's a really weak straw man.

You seem to have a hard-on for me in this thread and keep saying that I think the city is abandoned. I didn’t say that or even imply it.

If you can’t admit people are leaving or that the city is less occupied then you would be lying.

If you can’t admit that data shows a crime spike then you would be lying.

The windows being boarded up is a sign of the trauma impacting NYC. Whether it was a month ago doesn’t really change the narrative that NYC is less desirable of a place to live than it was 5 years ago.

That’s a bit harsh.
I wouldnt piss on either city to put the fires out right now. Serves them right. They all are getting a taste of what their "Majority" voted for. Leadership starts at the top, and when the ship is sinking, its the captains fault. Look no further than the leaders of this once great and thriving city, the writing is on the wall.

Reactions: vanceme and j4au_1
NYC has among the highest real estate prices in the world. You have to be a seriously delusional nut to think it's a "shithole" where no one wants to live.

I guess I’m delusional then

You seem to have a hard-on for me in this thread and keep saying that I think the city is abandoned. I didn’t say that or even imply it.

If you can’t admit people are leaving or that the city is less occupied then you would be lying.

If you can’t admit that data shows a crime spike then you would be lying.

The windows being boarded up is a sign of the trauma impacting NYC. Whether it was a month ago doesn’t really change the narrative that NYC is less desirable of a place to live than it was 5 years ago.
No. I responded to someone who said the city was abandoned. You and many others ITT were duped into believing NYC is currently boarded up based on the video in the OP. Once you realized that was wrong, you shifted to claiming "NYC has some problems." That is true of every single large city in the world, particularly during the midst of a pandemic that has crushed our economy. Thank you for the breaking news, Captain Obvious.

Do it yourself. You said nyc has been destroyed. You said the video was what was happening as in the present. You got duped.
Never said either. You are either too stupid to find my posts or you are lying.

That is why we can’t have an honest conversation about issues because you seeming try to discredit the guy filming instead of actually acknowledging what is happening.

Reactions: DM8
No. I responded to someone who said the city was abandoned. You and many others ITT were duped into believing NYC is currently boarded up based on the video in the OP. Once you realized that was wrong, you shifted to claiming "NYC has some problems." That is true of every single large city in the world, particularly during the midst of a pandemic that has crushed our economy. Thank you for the breaking news, Captain Obvious.

I didn’t know when the video was filmed. I truthfully didn’t believe it was from today but from after the riots. It doesn’t change the fact that riots happened and impacted the city in a significant way. It also doesn’t change the idea that people are leaving. People feel less safe. That is basically the entire point.

That is why we can’t have an honest conversation about issues because you seeming try to discredit the guy filming instead of actually acknowledging what is happening.
You got me there. Lol.

You never said NYC was destroyed? Come on man, surely you are better than denying stuff you said ITT. Time to quit while you are behind.

You’re trying to hard.

It’s okay to admit that liberal policies and bad liberal leadership have destroyed NYC.

Reactions: Boisgreat
Nobody should be happy about this. Whether you like New York City or not, New York City is essential to the United States economy. Nobody should be happy about this. It is despicable.
Nah, its all remote now. NyC is about to implode. No tax revenue, huge bills, they are broke and will be a disaster. In the end a good leader will take over and they will be back but it will take decades to fix.

You never said NYC was destroyed? Come on man, surely you are better than denying stuff you said ITT. Time to quit while you are behind.

Seen it reported that interest in moving out of NYC is at a high. Some like 95% increase in people interested in leaving.

If the city was fine, why would they want to leave?

Reactions: Boisgreat
Seen it reported that interest in moving out of NYC is at a high. Some like 95% increase in people interested in leaving.

If the city was fine, why would they want to leave?
You also believed the city was boarded and had been destroyed based on the OP. Maybe you need to stop believing everything you see on facebook or breitbart. 2/1 condos are still going from $1-2 million+ so the free market says there is still plenty of demand for housing there.

Oh Jesus christ. You folks are ****ing nutters.

The reason this great country may fall is the likes of Donald trump.

This is insanity.
Umm so you would vote for the other guy. I mean they both stink and I wouldn't want either as a leader but we vote least worst these days and biden is a lost cause. He would ruin what is left.

You also believed the city was boarded and had been destroyed based on the OP. Maybe you need to stop believing everything you see on facebook or breitbart. 2/1 condos are still going from $1-2 million+ so the free market says there is still plenty of demand for housing there.

According to the most recent data from United Van Lines, between May and July there was a 95 percent year over year increase in interest in moving out of Manhattan. That compares with a 19 percent increase in moving interest in the U.S., overall.

Reactions: vanceme

The spike in gun violence in New York City continued unabated this weekend, with several dozen people shot in less than a 48-hour window, that's according to preliminary figures from the NYPD.

Two more people died in New York City in early morning shootings Sunday, bringing the weekend death toll to at least five. In less than 48 hours, between midnight Friday and 5 p.m. Saturday, police said 40 people were victims of gun violence throughout the five boroughs.

Wunna my bezt buddies lives in Chicago. Sez DOWNTOWN iz a WAR ZONE.

from my friend who’s a scout and her hubby is a cop in Lightweight’s office....

ha ...... they finally are using the military .. it’s crazy to see .. the news won’t show it .. you should see these big armored cars & the big soldiers jumping out like they’re in Afghanistan .. crazy stuff + the other night they wanted close down Dan Ryan Expressway .. State Troopers said they would work with them ... why !?!?!??!? anyway last minute they all decide to not go on interstate - instead head into town .. FINALLY they tear gassed them Trump sent in these special agents & the National guard is here now so things are changing - Mayor Squirmy Worm told the news the rioters looted because they were frustrated with Trump’s coronavirus response ... HUH? people are hopping mad .. just the normal ones that is ..... the weird ones are still talking about peaceful protests against savage police !!! NOT the 100,000 gang members in Chicago NO not at all .. not even a mention of them .... all the ones that are all flustered about police sit in sequestered safe neighborhoods .. ranting from FB - ass’s HYPOCRITES & they keep on posting DEFUND the POLICE !!!!!

I agree with this. But, when any of their silly little games reaches my personal little bubble

4259432_0.jpg
My wife who isn't into guns but gets it looked at me earlier this week and said, I get why you always fight for gun rights now. I love the shirt....

Reactions: Knotted Shorts
According to the most recent data from United Van Lines, between May and July there was a 95 percent year over year increase in interest in moving out of Manhattan. That compares with a 19 percent increase in moving interest in the U.S., overall.
If everyone is leaving NYC, that means real estate prices should be near zero. Is realtor.com part of some conspiracy to convince people that 2/1 condos are still selling for $2 million+?

from my friend who’s a scout and her hubby is a cop in Lightweight’s office....

ha ...... they finally are using the military .. it’s crazy to see .. the news won’t show it .. you should see these big armored cars & the big soldiers jumping out like they’re in Afghanistan .. crazy stuff + the other night they wanted close down Dan Ryan Expressway .. State Troopers said they would work with them ... why !?!?!??!? anyway last minute they all decide to not go on interstate - instead head into town .. FINALLY they tear gassed them Trump sent in these special agents & the National guard is here now so things are changing - Mayor Squirmy Worm told the news the rioters looted because they were frustrated with Trump’s coronavirus response ... HUH? people are hopping mad .. just the normal ones that is ..... the weird ones are still talking about peaceful protests against savage police !!! NOT the 100,000 gang members in Chicago NO not at all .. not even a mention of them .... all the ones that are all flustered about police sit in sequestered safe neighborhoods .. ranting from FB - ass’s HYPOCRITES & they keep on posting DEFUND the POLICE !!!!!
Lol.

Nice chain email.

Bruce, Gus and most of our football and basketball teams participated in BLM protests this summer. Which players/coaches are among the 50%+ that are criminals?
Some for sure but aren't we all occasionally?

If everyone is leaving NYC, that means real estate prices should be near zero. Is realtor.com part of some conspiracy to convince people that 2/1 condos are still selling for $2 million+?

Okay.. just be clear you are saying real estate prices are fine now because people arent leaving. Weird that other information suggests that interest in leaving is like all time high. Why do you think that is?

Okay.. just be clear you are saying real estate prices are fine now because people arent leaving. Weird that other information suggests that interest in leaving is like all time high. Why do you think that is?
You have proven you are extremely gullible and will believe literally anything that supports your preconceived notions. I posted the real estate listings for small apartments in NYC. If you were correct and everyone was fleeing NYC, real estate prices would be crashing. This isn't a mysterious issue. You can't spin the free market's take on this.

ADVERTISEMENT