ADVERTISEMENT

I tested positive today…..

Why do people bring their medical test results to the bunker? it turns out I don’t have genital warts it was just some kind of allergic reaction to the new lube I am using.Prayer does work.

Why do people bring their medical test results to the bunker? it turns out I don’t have genital warts it was just some kind of allergic reaction to the new lube I am using.Prayer does work.
The purpose of my post wasn’t to share results. It was to lend advice to those traveling internationally.

Reactions: Bob Mapplethorpe
This is the second time I’ve caught it. The first time was November of 2020. I coughed a lot and lost sense of taste and smell but stayed home, hit an AdvAiR inhaler twice daily and was back to normal within a couple of weeks.
This time I’ve experienced no symptoms. I wouldn’t have taken a test if not for a trip to Cancun I’m going on the 19th of this month. I took it so that if I test positive - and I did - I can get a doctor’s note vouching that I’ve had it, quarantined for five days and though I may still test positive, I’m not contagious. Supposedly I’ll be able to travel to and from under those circumstances.
Anyway, if y’all are traveling out of the country you may want to test early sp you can get a note if positive.
If you don’t make it, can I have Charlie and the landcruiser?

This is the second time I’ve caught it. The first time was November of 2020. I coughed a lot and lost sense of taste and smell but stayed home, hit an AdvAiR inhaler twice daily and was back to normal within a couple of weeks.
This time I’ve experienced no symptoms. I wouldn’t have taken a test if not for a trip to Cancun I’m going on the 19th of this month. I took it so that if I test positive - and I did - I can get a doctor’s note vouching that I’ve had it, quarantined for five days and though I may still test positive, I’m not contagious. Supposedly I’ll be able to travel to and from under those circumstances.
Anyway, if y’all are traveling out of the country you may want to test early sp you can get a note if positive.
1% betadine with 99% saline or distilled water. Kills the viral load in your nostrils.

I tested positive yesterday. Feels like a bad cold. Fully vaccinated. Had a slight fever and achy Wednesday night. Friend said go get tested and I did and am positive. The kicker was or is that I’m a diabetic on an insulin pump. Been one since 1979. My BG jumped from normal (96) when I got up to 254 and in the 200’s the rest of the day. I get it corrected and drank water religiously and fluids and am a lot better today. Just a thought I’d share. I’m fully vaccinated with booster too. Just sharing no preaching.

Good idea on being tested well before going OOC!
Ts & Ps bro

Testing is the greatest scam of this thing.

I was a week delinquent receiving some much needed documents today. I was told no one could meet me at the office because they all had Covid. I told her to send someone there immediately that wasn’t on deaths doorstep, and I’d lick their face if that’s what it took to get my damn papers. Tired of all of this shit, and Bob don’t give a damn.

Why do people feel the need to start a thread every time they get the covid? Seems a bit overkill. That was in style back in the spring of 2020. Today? Not so much.

Exactly. Who gives shit?

I developed symptoms on 12/27. One night of fever and 5 days of sinus infection. Tested positive on day 5. I also had it back in Nov 2020. The first time was a sore throat and sinus infection, so neither time was a big deal. I am not vaccinated. My immune system took care of the virus both times. I took extra strength Tylenol and Claritin D both times for a little boost. Nothing else. Worked like a charm and I am an oulde - 51.

why didnt it do it last time?
Couple of reason I assume. This strain is a $h!t ton more contagious plus kids are carrying it MUCH more. MUCH more. Also, people are being much more careless because they see this strain not that dangerous.

Reactions: stutsman23
Couple of reason I assume. This strain is a $h!t ton more contagious plus kids are carrying it MUCH more. MUCH more. Also, people are being much more careless because they see this strain not that dangerous.

The main reason is that it evades natural immunity and double vaccinated. Vaccines Abs natural immunity was more effective vs delta, alpha, etc.

You vaxxed, OP? Just curious.

My symptoms started on Sunday 1/2, had two rough days with cold symptoms and tested positive on 1/4, have been better since, but still isolating. Vaxxed and boosted. Omicron is a sneaky little b!tch.

Omicron is indeed sneaky, but the vaccines aren't exactly as sold or what they were made out to be. They are helping, but some of us tried to explain that the truth was being bastardized and we might have these issues, and we were cut down and dismissed as "anti-vaxxers", but turned out to be right in this and a few other instances.

I hope you get well soon, and I hope we come up with some way(s) to get back to normal as soon as possible.

Reactions: Yabba Dabba
The main reason is that it evades natural immunity and double vaccinated. Vaccines Abs natural immunity was more effective vs delta, alpha, etc.
You can’t really make that comparison. When this first started, there was no natural immunity or vaccine for the virus to evade at all. Yet it didn’t spread nearly this fast. We didn’t have a vaccine really available for 14 or 15 months. And don’t know when natural immunity started really having an impact on the spread of the disease but I suspect it was extremely limited even through mid 2021. Even Delta was with us for about 3 or 4 months before vaccines were really rolled out to the general public. The first recorded case of Omicron hit the US early December.

These are people over 65 so most were vaccinated a year ago. I doubt many of them got boosted as many aren’t in the south.

Do you always have to just make up stuff out of the blue? How the HECK do you know whether they were boosted or not? You always spin things and show tons of bias, (as do others who aren't as obvious, but their skirt always end up showing).

If you were honest and/or stayed on top of things, you'd know that TONS of folks who are fully vaccinated and boosted, are still catching Omicron. It is what it is. We all hope that we come up with something that works at the level we were promised the vaccines would work at initially, but it is what it is, so just tell the truth.

Tons who are fully current and boosted are in stats, and in all levels of anecdotal reports from Coast to freaking Coast. At this point, I'm sure all of us have plenty of friends and family who are recently boosted, but still caught it. I know many who are boosted, early 50's down through early 30's who are still catching it. TELL THE DANG TRUTH and stop the silly propaganda and dishonesty campaign.

thats a good thing we should all be actively trying to get it

You can’t really make that comparison. When this first started, there was no natural immunity or vaccine for the virus to evade at all. Yet it didn’t spread nearly this fast. We didn’t have a vaccine really available for 14 or 15 months. And don’t know when natural immunity started really having an impact on the spread of the disease but I suspect it was extremely limited even through mid 2021. Even Delta was with us for about 3 or 4 months before vaccines were really rolled out to the general public. The first recorded case of Omicron hit the US early December.
yep we are in the clear finally , its now like a common cold, I know that cold sometimes kill folks to bu tthats life

I’m talking about omicron vs delta. The biggest difference is the ability to evade vaccines. On the original Covid, alpha was 50% more contagious and then delta was 50% more contagious than alpha

Do you always have to just make up stuff out of the blue? How the HECK do you know whether they were boosted or not? You always spin things and show tons of bias, (as do others who aren't as obvious, but their skirt always end up showing).

If you were honest and/or stayed on top of things, you'd know that TONS of folks who are fully vaccinated and boosted, are still catching Omicron. It is what it is. We all hope that we come up with something that works at the level we were promised the vaccines would work at initially, but it is what it is, so just tell the truth.

Tons who are fully current and boosted are in stats, and in all levels of anecdotal reports from Coast to freaking Coast. At this point, I'm sure all of us have plenty of friends and family who are recently boosted, but still caught it. I know many who are boosted, early 50's down through early 30's who are still catching it. TELL THE DANG TRUTH and stop the silly propaganda and dishonesty campaign.

Lol. You obviously didn’t see his answer. Hahahahshaha!!!! Only 3 were boosted and all were over 86. I was right, son.

I’m talking about omicron vs delta. The biggest difference is the ability to evade vaccines. On the original Covid, alpha was 50% more contagious and then delta was 50% more contagious than alpha
Far enough but I just think the biggest difference is just how naturally contagious it is. Yes, the ability to evade vaccines can be added to that contagiousness but Delta had its chance with an unvaccinated public for about 3 or 4 months. So we had a 4 month period for both Delta and Omicron (1 month so far) of “all else being equal” where the ability to evade vaccine did not matter. It just seems Omicron is spreading much faster during the first month of Omicron if we are assuming vaccines don’t matter…which it appears they don’t as far as catching it. As you said, we are going up 50% each time and that increase doesn’t always mean ability to evade vaccine. It can take root higher in the nasal cavity. Attaches easier, etc…

Far enough but I just think the biggest difference is just how naturally contagious it is. Yes, the ability to evade vaccines can be added to that contagiousness but Delta had its chance with an unvaccinated public for about 3 or 4 months. So we had a 4 month period for both Delta and Omicron (1 month so far) of “all else being equal” where the ability to evade vaccine did not matter. It just seems Omicron is spreading much faster during the first month of Omicron if we are assuming vaccines don’t matter…which it appears they don’t as far as catching it. As you said, we are going up 50% each time and that increase doesn’t always mean ability to evade vaccine. It can take root higher in the nasal cavity. Attaches easier, etc…

Do you not see how the pool of people triple that can be infected under omicron? The vaccine effectiveness and natural immunity effectiveness dropped like crazy for omicron. That means the population that’s unprotected by infection went way up so it hits more people.

Lol. You obviously didn’t see his answer. Hahahahshaha!!!! Only 3 were boosted and all were over 86. I was right, son.

I definitely DID see his answer, and while the info is appreciated, I also know not to put all of my eggs in such a VERY small basket of a small regional system. I also like to verify info that I'm given, and I can't verify that info so it's completely anecdotal. Really sharp folks know to focus on MUCH larger data sets such as those from around the entire country and world, if they want a truly objective, and ultimately, accurate picture of things, (i.e. they want to do REAL science instead of twisted propaganda and make believe).

Most importantly, at the point in the thread that you answered, you couldn't have possibly known who was boosted and who wasn't so my points still stand. You see ANY data, and you fly into confirmation bias that causes you to spin, bake and twist it into a form that supports the vaccine narrative. You're definitely far worse than Rice, and dishonest to boot. Why anyone would ever listen to anything that leaks out of your rotten mouth is a great mystery, but you have your 3 or 4 acolytes who bobble along and support you. Most see right through you and others who have strong bias.

Last edited:
I definitely DID see his answer, and while the info is appreciated, I also know not to put all of my eggs in such a VERY small basket of a small regional system. I also like to verify info that I'm given, and I can't verify that info so it's completely anecdotal. Really sharp folks know to focus on MUCH larger data sets, and those from around the entire country and world if they want a truly objective, and ultimately, accurate picture of things.

Most importantly, at the point in the thread that you answered, you couldn't have possibly known who was boosted and who wasn't so my points still stand. You see ANY data, and you fly into confirmation bias that causes you to spin, bake and twist it into a form that supports the vaccine narrative. You're definitely far worse than Rice, and dishonest to boot. Why anyone would ever listen to anything that leaks out of your rotten mouth is a great mystery, but you have your 3 or 4 acolytes who bobble along and support you. Most see right through you and others who have strong bias.

Lol. Boosters are over 90% effective vs hospitalization for even those over 65. That’s why I knew most of the 38% vaccinated in his hospital were not boosted. If you researched reputable places, you would know this too. I nailed it, son. 3 of the 38 vaccinated in his hospital were boosted and all were over 86. 90% plus effective vs hospitalization. Boost up!!! I know you have.

Lol. Boosters are over 90% effective vs hospitalization for even those over 65. That’s why I knew most of the 38% vaccinated in his hospital were not boosted. If you researched reputable places, you would know this too. I nailed it, son. 3 of the 38 vaccinated in his hospital were boosted and all were over 86. 90% plus effective vs hospitalization. Boost up!!! I know you have.

Whenever others come with info that goes against the established vaccine narrative, and it's remotely anecdotal, you RUSH to dismiss it completely. Then, you do the same thing and fully embrace anecdotal information that supports the narrative. Isn't that wildly hypocritical?

You continue deflecting and staying 100% on message/narrative. THAT is why you always end up with confirmation bias instead of making good, objective points that get us closer to the truth and getting to the other side of this thing. In your mind, there is only one answer, one tool, and it is a miraculous savior for us, so every shred of evidence, information, and reality will be BENT to fit that pre-conceived mold in your head. This causes your spin on things to be TOTALLY un-objective and worthless.

Whenever others come with info that goes against the established vaccine narrative, and it's remotely anecdotal, you RUSH to dismiss it completely. Then, you do the same thing and fully embrace anecdotal information that supports the narrative. Isn't that wildly hypocritical?

You continue deflecting and staying 100% on message/narrative. THAT is why you always end up with confirmation bias instead of making good, objective points that get us closer to the truth and getting to the other side of this thing. In your mind, there is only one answer, one tool, and it is a miraculous savior for us, so every shred of evidence, information, and reality will be BENT to fit that pre-conceived mold in your head. This causes your spin on things to be TOTALLY un-objective and worthless.

Again, studies back up what I said. Over 90% protection against hospitalization for boosters even for those over 65. That’s why I knew most weren’t boosted. It turns out not only were there just 3 boosted like I thought but all were over 86. I nailed it, son. If you start educating yourself, you’ll be able to know this stuff too. Start reading and stop your silly writing. Lol

Again, studies back up what I said. Over 90% protection against hospitalization for boosters even for those over 65. That’s why I knew most weren’t boosted. It turns out not only were there just 3 boosted like I thought but all were over 86. I nailed it, son. If you start educating yourself, you’ll be able to know this stuff too. Start reading and stop your silly writing. Lol

Good grief. According to you, "Studies" have backed up 99.9% of the stuff that you've copied over here since the pandemic begin, but copying insta-tweets and LEAPING ahead to accept them as iron-clad scientific FACT hasn't worked too well for you, has it???

Despite me warning you and begging you to not state things so definitive or treat every latest tweet as scientific fact, you did so repeatedly, and that is why you have been subsequently proven to be wrong on so many issues. You are trying to use anecdotal information from a regional hospital/system as a "study" containing scientific fact.

My comments were only focused on you making things up by saying since they were people over 65, they HAD TO have been vaccinated almost a year ago. Everyone on this board can see the obvious flaws in statements like that. Fact is, you don't know those things to be fact, nor do you know whether they were boosted. You just lied to make it fit your choice/preference to support the vaccine narrative at all costs. This is what the leading agencies and authorities are doing, but it's NOT how you do good science/real science. I see all kinds of "experts" leaking stuff out of their mouths that is biased, deceitful and spun crap. Just stop it and pursue the truth. Stop trying to use pure manipulation and tricks alone.

Last edited:
Good grief. "Studies" have backed up 99.9% of the stuff that you've copied over here since the pandemic begin, but copying insta-tweets and LEAPING ahead and accept them as iron-clad scientific FACT hasn't worked too well for you, has it???

Despite me warning you and begging you to not state things so definitive or treat every latest tweet as scientific fact, you did so repeatedly, and that is why you have been subsequently proven to be wrong on so many issues. You are trying to use anecdotal information from a regional hospital/system as a "study" containing scientific fact.

My comments were only focused on you making things up by saying since they were people over 65, they HAD TO have been vaccinated almost a year ago. Everyone on this board can see the obvious flaws in statements like that. Fact is, you don't know those things to be fact, nor do you know whether they were boosted. You just lied to make it fit your choice/preference to support the vaccine narrative at all costs. This is what the leading agencies and authorities are doing, but it's NOT how you do good science/real science. I see all kinds of "experts" leaking stuff out of their mouths that is biased, deceitful and spun crap. Just stop it and pursue the truth. Stop trying to use pure manipulation and tricks alone.

Boosters offer the best protection vs infection, death and hospitalization. 90% plus vs hospitalization for those over 65. That’s how I knew barely any of those 38 in the hospital were boosted besides it being the state of AL. I nailed it, son. Educate yourself.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT