ADVERTISEMENT

I tested positive today…..

HONKifUvCOACHED4BAMA

First Round Draft Pick
Jul 20, 2006
This is the second time I’ve caught it. The first time was November of 2020. I coughed a lot and lost sense of taste and smell but stayed home, hit an AdvAiR inhaler twice daily and was back to normal within a couple of weeks.
This time I’ve experienced no symptoms. I wouldn’t have taken a test if not for a trip to Cancun I’m going on the 19th of this month. I took it so that if I test positive - and I did - I can get a doctor’s note vouching that I’ve had it, quarantined for five days and though I may still test positive, I’m not contagious. Supposedly I’ll be able to travel to and from under those circumstances.
Anyway, if y’all are traveling out of the country you may want to test early sp you can get a note if positive.

I’m certain I will test positive when I get back from Chicago.

You vaxxed, OP? Just curious.

My symptoms started on Sunday 1/2, had two rough days with cold symptoms and tested positive on 1/4, have been better since, but still isolating. Vaxxed and boosted. Omicron is a sneaky little b!tch.

I would bet anyone that deals with more than 20 people on a daily basis has or had this. It is blowing through every social and professional circle I deal with. Mostly mild colds so I assume it is all Omicron.

The R0 is so freaking high that this is just a "when" and not "if" for everyone. SOOOOOOO many people walking around with it.

I've already had it and been cleared but I can't help but understand why people forgo testing and walk around with this.

1) It's mostly just a mild cold
2) You quarantining and putting your life on hold for 10 days is going to do absolutely nothing to protect other people because, again, this is "when" not "if" for everyone.

Last edited:
This is the second time I’ve caught it. The first time was November of 2020. I coughed a lot and lost sense of taste and smell but stayed home, hit an AdvAiR inhaler twice daily and was back to normal within a couple of weeks.
This time I’ve experienced no symptoms. I wouldn’t have taken a test if not for a trip to Cancun I’m going on the 19th of this month. I took it so that if I test positive - and I did - I can get a doctor’s note vouching that I’ve had it, quarantined for five days and though I may still test positive, I’m not contagious. Supposedly I’ll be able to travel to and from under those circumstances.
Anyway, if y’all are traveling out of the country you may want to test early sp you can get a note if positive.
Ironically, I was supposed to fly out to Cancun (Playa de Carmen) this morning at 6am bc wife is #1 salesperson in her solar company. She tested positive Tuesday night so we had to cancel. I woke up this am with chills and body aches. Tested positive. Had a nice fly fishing trip booked for Sunday and they were having a banquet tomorrow night to honor her and give her a pallet of great stuff........sucks. hope it works out for you, like you think and it should.

Ironically, I was supposed to fly out to Cancun (Playa de Carmen) this morning at 6am bc wife is #1 salesperson in her solar company. She tested positive Tuesday night so we had to cancel. I woke up this am with chills and body aches. Tested positive. Had a nice fly fishing trip booked for Sunday and they were having a banquet tomorrow night to honor her and give her a pallet of great stuff........sucks. hope it works out for you, like you think and it should.
All this Covid ruse just to tell us your wife is a rich saleswoman…

I would bet anyone that deals with more than 20 people on a daily basis has or had this. It is blowing through everyone all social and professional circle I deal with. Mostly mild colds so I assume it is all Omicron.

The R0 is so freaking high that this is just a "when" and not "if" for everyone. SOOOOOOO many people walking around with it.

I've already had it and been cleared but I can't help but understand why people forgo testing and walk around with this.

2) You quarantining and putting your life on hold for 10 days is going to do absolutely nothing to protect other people because, again, this is "when" not "if" for everyone.

Yup. Some employers are making their employees use their own vacation time for a required 10 day quarantine also. Everyone is just going to work while mildly sick.

I would bet anyone that deals with more than 20 people on a daily basis has or had this. It is blowing through everyone all social and professional circle I deal with. Mostly mild colds so I assume it is all Omicron.

Hubs starting saying this $hit yesterday and I was like 'HOLD ON, old man...you a big boy with some high blood pressure, and you need to be freaking careful" I don't want to hear this I'm not being careful anymore cause everyone is getting it. It's not a cold for everyone or no symptoms and I don't want to take a chance with my family. That's just me and everyone else is doing whatever the hell they please so I'm doing what I want. And if he wants sex with me, he will be careful dammit.

Reactions: tigergirl2008
Yup. Some employers are making their employees use their own vacation time for a required 10 day quarantine also. Everyone is just going to work while mildly sick.
And the world is not burning down. I know I may be lucky but assuming my baseline cold for this time of year is a 5 (I always have a walking cold for about a month after Christmas), my COVID experience was a 2 or 3. And I would never stay home for those colds. All it takes is 5% of people like me saying I have to actually make rent and this cat is out of the bag.

Does Cancun not already have the Covid?

Hubs starting saying this $hit yesterday and I was like 'HOLD ON, old man...you a big boy with some high blood pressure, and you need to be freaking careful" I don't want to hear this I'm not being careful anymore cause everyone is getting it. It's not a cold for everyone or no symptoms and I don't want to take a chance with my family. That's just me and everyone else is doing whatever the hell they please so I'm doing what I want. And if he wants sex with me, he will be careful dammit.
now take a breath.

• Haha
Reactions: OrigAUgirl and 4210
We are up to 38 Covid patients in the hospital today from 4 on Christmas Eve. 38% vaccinated, 45% with reinfections (had previous serological proven Covid). But the good news is that only 1 is on a ventilator. Average age in hospital is 68.

We are up to 38 Covid patients in the hospital today from 4 on Christmas Eve. 38% vaccinated, 45% with reinfections (had previous serological proven Covid). But the good news is that only 1 is on a ventilator. Average age in hospital is 68.
‘Average age in hospital’ is 10 years lower than ‘average age on Bunker’…

Reactions: OneWing
went to Chicago and NYC in the past year and haven’t had it.
Unless it is in the past 2 weeks, sort of irrelevant. This $h!t is blowing up. Everyone in my close family had been Covid free for almost two years and now 3 households got it from 3 different sources over the past 2 weeks. I think the first week of school returning did it.

Reactions: OrigAUgirl
This cannot be accurate!! We have been told over and over and over and over the only way to avoid hospitalization to be injected. Is it (4) times now or is (29) times?

And if he wants sex with me, he will be careful dammit.

hubs about to be like...

bubble-bubble-boy.gif

• Haha
Sounds about right. How many people live in your MSA?

I tested positive yesterday. Feels like a bad cold. Fully vaccinated. Had a slight fever and achy Wednesday night. Friend said go get tested and I did and am positive. The kicker was or is that I’m a diabetic on an insulin pump. Been one since 1979. My BG jumped from normal (96) when I got up to 254 and in the 200’s the rest of the day. I get it corrected and drank water religiously and fluids and am a lot better today. Just a thought I’d share. I’m fully vaccinated with booster too. Just sharing no preaching.

Good idea on being tested well before going OOC!

Man. This is my worry. I’m working on a trip to Barcelona, Paris and Morocco. I’m terrified that they’ll be the Tupac mixtape 23 version of Covid during that time and we’ll either catch it or travel will be restricted.

I tested positive yesterday. Feels like a bad cold. Fully vaccinated. Had a slight fever and achy Wednesday night. Friend said go get tested and I did and am positive. The kicker was or is that I’m a diabetic on an insulin pump. Been one since 1979. My BG jumped from normal (96) when I got up to 254 and in the 200’s the rest of the day. I get it corrected and drank water religiously and fluids and am a lot better today. Just a thought I’d share. I’m fully vaccinated with booster too. Just sharing no preaching.

hope it continues to get better!

Hmm, didn’t know it messed with diabetes. Be well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT