ADVERTISEMENT

I tested positive today…..

yes. no one has ever said THE ONLY way to avoid hospitalization is to get vaccinated. i mean a lot of people are asymptomatic even when they do get it FFS. if you want people to take you seriously don't use hyperbole.
You haven't been listening to your Prez then. He has said it many times.

Hubs starting saying this $hit yesterday and I was like 'HOLD ON, old man...you a big boy with some high blood pressure, and you need to be freaking careful" I don't want to hear this I'm not being careful anymore cause everyone is getting it. It's not a cold for everyone or no symptoms and I don't want to take a chance with my family. That's just me and everyone else is doing whatever the hell they please so I'm doing what I want. And if he wants sex with me, he will be careful dammit.
If he gets out of line and you need someone to make him jealous with, let me know.

• Haha
Reactions: OrigAUgirl
I would bet anyone that deals with more than 20 people on a daily basis has or had this. It is blowing through every social and professional circle I deal with. Mostly mild colds so I assume it is all Omicron.

The R0 is so freaking high that this is just a "when" and not "if" for everyone. SOOOOOOO many people walking around with it.

I've already had it and been cleared but I can't help but understand why people forgo testing and walk around with this.

1) It's mostly just a mild cold
2) You quarantining and putting your life on hold for 10 days is going to do absolutely nothing to protect other people because, again, this is "when" not "if" for everyone.
Probably half the country just doesn't care. Same group of people who know when they are sick with anything else that's contagious who still go to work, ride mass transit, attend sporting events, concerts, and cough on 1/3 of the people they meet and shake hands with the rest of them. They. Just. Don't. Care.

It's not part of our culture. Not this country's most attractive or intelligent trait.

Tested positive last Sunday, fever is a bitch and keeps coming back. Difficult to eat due to taste being screwed up. Didn’t qualify for monoclonal infuZion unfortunately. Just trying to wear it out. Looking forward to getting it behind me.

• Sad
This cannot be accurate!! We have been told over and over and over and over the only way to avoid hospitalization to be injected. Is it (4) times now or is (29) times?

These are people over 65 so most were vaccinated a year ago. I doubt many of them got boosted as many aren’t in the south.

well that's dumb if he phrased it that way. i'm moderate. i dislike both parties equally.
I'm not moderate but have plenty to be displeased about the Repub Party.

Also, another phrasing that is mis-leading is "it's free" is way off too. Ain't nuttin' free.

Reactions: tigers3014
I'm not moderate but have plenty to be displeased about the Repub Party.

Also, another phrasing that is mis-leading is "it's free" is way off too. Ain't nuttin' free.

The vaccine isn’t free? Wut?

Unless it is in the past 2 weeks, sort of irrelevant. This $h!t is blowing up. Everyone in my close family had been Covid free for almost two years and now 3 households got it from 3 different sources over the past 2 weeks. I think the first week of school returning did it.
why didnt it do it last time?

And the world is not burning down. I know I may be lucky but assuming my baseline cold for this time of year is a 5 (I always have a walking cold for about a month after Christmas), my COVID experience was a 2 or 3. And I would never stay home for those colds. All it takes is 5% of people like me saying I have to actually make rent and this cat is out of the bag.
yep I urge folks to live their life. looks like the feds are about to agree finally.

The vaccine isn’t free? Wut?
So you think the (3) injection manufacturers just turned the injections over and didn't charge a penny, nickel, or dime? How did Pfizer make, last I heard about 3-4 months ago, $28 Billion...Billion with a B

Reactions: Rusty Strings
There are 3 in the hospital that did receive the booster as well. All 3 are 86 or older though.
thanks for sharing! Appreciate you. I may have to fly to chicago for work next Sunday and I am boosted but really don't want Covid. I HATE being sick and I already deal with chronic sinus issues. I sure don't want to go into the hospital with it or be forced to quarantine in Chicago. (KN95s will be my friends on the trip)

Reactions: stutsman23
There are 3 in the hospital that did receive the booster as well. All 3 are 86 or older though.

Makes sense that they are that old. I got good news today that my 82 year old father had over 2500(?) antibodies from his booster in august. It was a full dose of Moderna, not the normal moderna booster.

Just when I think you have said the stupidest shit you've ever said you out do yourself. I get you don't make enough money to pay taxes but the rest of us paid for that shot.

Lol. Your taxes don’t go up. We run trillion dollar deficits. Lol

This is the second time I’ve caught it. The first time was November of 2020. I coughed a lot and lost sense of taste and smell but stayed home, hit an AdvAiR inhaler twice daily and was back to normal within a couple of weeks.
This time I’ve experienced no symptoms. I wouldn’t have taken a test if not for a trip to Cancun I’m going on the 19th of this month. I took it so that if I test positive - and I did - I can get a doctor’s note vouching that I’ve had it, quarantined for five days and though I may still test positive, I’m not contagious. Supposedly I’ll be able to travel to and from under those circumstances.
Anyway, if y’all are traveling out of the country you may want to test early sp you can get a note if positive.
Everybody around me is positive (again)....I just keep strolling along....

I pray that you and your family make it through this sinus infection. May the good Lord bestow upon you all the great things that you deserve.

The pharmaceutical companies absolutely love you for getting this test that is not accurate but will give a positive due to dollars.

He believes that things are free and that it's "government money". It's that sort of freeloader mentality from non-taxpayers that has us so deep in debt.

Lol. You didn’t pay additional taxes for the vaccine.

This should be the last strain unless the democrats get China to release some more on us. “Gotta get that mail-in voting back up and running!!!”
I too see a "flare up" in late October/early November but I don't believe it's actually China releasing new strains. It's the corporate media and elected officials driving a narrative when there are natural mutations.

Reactions: BIGAUBURN
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT