ADVERTISEMENT

I just thanked a cop

"what other side"...you can't assault an officer, steal his weapon, fire it at an officer and be a victim...this country is making officers the bad guys and criminals are vilified, not playing that game.

that has nothing to do with what Jay said! he asked if you a general question about if you could understand how black people could view LE as bad guys and you started rambling about the legality of one incident. you are deflecting so hard that your response doesn't even make sense.

Reactions: kenews
that has nothing to do with what Jay said! he asked if you a general question about if you could understand how black people could view LE as bad guys and you started rambling about the legality of one incident. you are deflecting so hard that your response doesn't even make sense.
How the hell is this an acceptable way to view police officers? I will never respect this viewpoint..sorry.
They should stop killing people. The police are biggest gang in the states.
They aren't the "bad guys", any person that thinks so is dumb and deserves whatever happens to them when police are disbanded and replaced with "social workers". Again I was old enough to remember when Police were one of the most respected professions after 9/11, now they're considered "worse than gangs"...come on man.

"what other side"...you can't assault an officer, steal his weapon, fire it at an officer and be the victim...this country is making officers the bad guys and criminals are vilified, not playing that game. If that's what those in power want, expect crime rates to sky rocket because no one will protect communities with that precedent making shit pay to begin with.
Do you really think it was necessary for the cop to chase the guy? All could’ve been avoided if they just let him run, call backup, and set up a perimeter.
If you still can’t find him, you know where he lives.

Do you really think it was necessary for the cop to chase the guy? All could’ve been avoided if they just let him run, call backup, and set up a perimeter.
Absolutely and just about every police officer I've seen interviewed in the media and those I know personally stated that he handled the situation as he was trained and was justified under GA state law(which considers a taser a deadly weapon, as per the same DA two weeks ago). How in the hell are you going to let a drunk armed man who just assaulted two officers run away? That's insanity.

100% they shot him because of their ego. 0% that they were in fear for their lives.

Of course they will say that and with qualified immunity (which should be ended) it will work.

Absolutely and just about every police officer I've seen interviewed in the media and those I know personally stated that he handled the situation as he was trained and was justified under GA state law(which considers a taser a deadly weapon, as per the same DA two weeks ago). How in the hell are you going to let a drunk armed man who just assaulted two officers run away? That's insanity. Brooks made like 7 bad de
If they were properly trained, they wouldn’t have let one drunk guy take down two combat-trained cops.

How the hell is this an acceptable way to view police officers? I will never respect this viewpoint..sorry.

They aren't the "bad guys", any person that thinks so is dumb and deserves whatever happens to them when police are disbanded and replaced with "social workers". Again I was old enough to remember when Police were one of the most respected professions after 9/11, now they're considered "worse than gangs"...come on man.

do you even know how privileged your thoughts are? you know you will likely never be treated wrong or unfairly by LE and therefore your brain refuses to even acknowledge that some people who HAVE been treated wrong or unfairly would have a negative viewpoint. you say those people are dumb and deserve whatever happens to them.

let's say a cop pulled you over and planted drugs on you (which has happened many, many times)...would you view them as the good guys? would you tell yourself you deserve whatever happens to you for having drugs planted on you illegally?

Sounds like a surgeon’s job, too.
Somewhat correct with a surgeon messing up and we may be dead. The qualified immunity for surgeons is much more loosely based and they will never be going to jail for messing a surgery up. Would not like to be a Surgeon and they have a rough life because they are always in a position to lose a life that they are trying to fix.

Somewhat correct with a surgeon messing up and we may be dead. The qualified immunity for surgeons is much more loosely based and they will never be going to jail for messing a surgery up. Would not like to be a Surgeon and they have a rough life because they are always in a position to lose a life that they are trying to fix.
Oh, but they’ll likely lose their license and a lot of money in the process. That matters a lot.

do you even know how privileged your thoughts are? you know you will likely never be treated wrong or unfairly by LE and therefore your brain refuses to even acknowledge that some people who HAVE been treated wrong or unfairly would have a negative viewpoint. you say those people are dumb and deserve whatever happens to them.

let's say a cop pulled you over and planted drugs on you (which has happened many, many times)...would you view them as the good guys? would you tell yourself you deserve whatever happens to you for having drugs planted on you illegally?
So you're choosing a side here it seems, interesting...and lol that you think that I'm "privileged" for respecting that a good majority of police officers are great people and put their life on the line to protect our communities.

Reactions: AuburnProud

The fact that there happens to be a lot of black people who view the LE as bad guys does not mean it is true. It also does not change the laws of the land that we are under. I think it is very easy for black people to have a negative view of police but I blame that a lot on the massive push to show that racism exists.

That being said both people in a confrontation are responsible for their actions no matter what their personal opinions of the other are.

My dad was on the SWAT team. I think I have a little more insight on this than you.

he told me i have no idea what LE go through and that he did b/c he had done a ride along one time...then i informed him my former BIL was a cop and is now a trooper. yet i'm still the idiot and he still stayed at a holiday inn express last night. it never changes with rice

Doesn't SWAT require different training techniques and are called in after a city/county police department can no longer handle a situation? Apples vs oranges.
People on SWAT aren't only on SWAT. And bro, they spent 3 minutes letting him bleed out before administering first aid. God damnit, they kicked him when he's dying before trying to help. If that doesn't give you some insight into what they were thinking...

The fact that there happens to be a lot of black people who view the LE as bad guys does not mean it is true. It also does not change the laws of the land that we are under. I think it is very easy for black people to have a negative view of police but I blame that a lot on the massive push to show that racism exists.

That being said both people in a confrontation are responsible for their actions no matter what their personal opinions of the other are.

totally true...and i never said it was a "truth" that cops are bad guys whatsoever...i simply can understand how some people would view LE as the bad guys...whether they are right or wrong in their views is another conversation

he told me i have no idea what LE go through and that he did b/c he had did a ride along one time...then i informed him my former BIL was a cop and is now a trooper. yet i'm still the idiot and he still stayed at a holiday inn express last night. it never changes with rice
Dude they guy that trains the APD has been on just about every major news channel this week saying this officer followed the protocol in exactly how they were trained, and was justified under the GA state law to discharge his firearm. This isn't my opinion, it's the opinion of the man that actually trains APD. THAT is why everyone in APD has walked away...do you not get that?

People on SWAT aren't only on SWAT. And bro, they spent 3 minutes letting him bleed out before administering first aid. God damnit, they kicked him when he's dying before trying to help. If that doesn't give you some insight into what they were thinking...

Yeah, the only person I’ve seen that said that was the DA and I sure as hell don’t trust him. I’ll wait for confirmation from a different source because that’s contrary to what I’ve seen.

I don't think this is accurate, the DA is lying..based on his body cam he kept talking to Brooks, checked his pulse, gave him CPR and called 911. You're getting sucked into the exact problem here.
Edit: here is the body cam footage verifying this (6:21)

My dad was on the SWAT team. I think I have a little more insight on this than you.
ba-large-white-firework-gif-pic.gif

@CJ3131 @PBY @bull @Henrytd20 @AU McBain @MetallicAub @ouldetiger @RT

100% they shot him because of their ego. 0% that they were in fear for their lives.

Of course they will say that and with qualified immunity (which should be ended) it will work.

That is so stupid that it does not deserve a response.. glad you can read minds, it's a special talent.

It’s like you’re talking and people refuse to listen. You have some insight here, too. Dammit.

Oh, but they’ll likely lose their license and a lot of money in the process. That matters a lot.
It would take gross negligence, or possible criminal actions and they get paid a lot of money to start with so they would be okay.
Heck there was a doctor recently charged with sexual battery and he barely lost his liscence. The thing is most doctors are dealing with a willing patient who is hoping they are skilled at their profession. It is not trying to give surgery to someone who is resisting.

We talked about possibly changing qualified immunity for police officers and I am not sure that is going to help much. Also it is really needed for surgeons, who I am glad get it, and for lawyers, who I am not glad they get it, for them to do their jobs. Heck you need it on your message board to a degree. Otherwise you would be getting sued daily for just doing your job. Anyway I am thankful for anybody that is doing their job the right way daily, and I appreciate the stress Doctors face daily for our benefit.

Dude they guy that trains the APD has been on just about every major news channel this week saying this officer followed the protocol in exactly how they were trained, and was justified under the GA state law to discharge his firearm. This isn't my opinion, it's the opinion of the man that actually trains APD. THAT is why everyone in APD has walked away...do you not get that?

i have no idea why you keep hammering this one incident when you are the only one talking about it ITT...i haven't said a single negative thing about the cop in the atlanta situation

Reactions: stutsman23
I don't think this is accurate, the DA is lying..based on his body cam he kept talking to Brooks, checked his pulse, gave him CPR and called 911. You're getting sucked into the exact problem here.
Edit: here is the body cam footage verifying this
The DA is lying? If you have evidence, now is the time!

Yeah, the only person I’ve seen that said that was the DA and I sure as hell don’t trust him. I’ll wait for confirmation from a different source because that’s contrary to what I’ve seen.
Said what? They have video of him kicking him.

The DA is lying?
Yep, the same DA said two weeks ago that a taser was a deadly weapon is response to firing another police officer...yesterday he literally said the exact opposite and stated that Brooks was not a threat to these officers( Are you fvcking kidding me?). He's basing his entire case on the premise that the officer didn't administer CPR when there is literally body cam footage of him doing exactly that..he talked to Brooks, checked his pulse, gave him CPR and called 911...all of that can be seen in the body cam footage. This is a political stunt, not one based on factual evidence. 0% chance this case holds up in court, and there will be riots in ATL when the officer is acquitted..nice job ATL Mayor.

totally true...and i never said it was a "truth" that cops are bad guys whatsoever...i simply can understand how some people would view LE as the bad guys...whether they are right or wrong in their views is another conversation

It is totally understandable. My daughter and son both believe that racism needs to be fought daily. They are such good hearted kids and they just don't want it to happen. Thing is they can never find an instance of when it happened or their friends can remember when it happened except for once.

That was a kid making fun of a Spanish student for the way she talked and my daughter confronted him in class. Teacher called me in tears saying that she just wanted me to know how proud of my daughter I should be. I said I am proud for here because I did not give her that great compassion in her heart.

The key is we have a problem of perception becomes reality. I do not get mad at people believing in Black Lives Matter but it is the leadership that causes the problem. They will gain tons of money and power but will only use that to further their power and not the people they supposedly represent. They become invested in getting a narrative out for them to stay in power and not trying to get things fixed. Anyway yours was a great post and I thought it was a good move forward.

Reactions: auburnra
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT