ADVERTISEMENT

I just thanked a cop

AuburnProud

BILLY BIGRIG
Gold Member
Nov 7, 2009
Huntsville
Something came over me. I'm not one to do this kind of thing, especially in front of other people. I was 3rd in line at the truckstop in Alma, Michigan. I had a coffee. We were socially distanced so I was about 15 feet from the cashier. The cop paid for his stuff and started to walk out. I said "Sir"...."thanks for what you do".....the guy behind me said "absolutely"

If you can afford it you should refuse to haul loads to these POS cities like Seattle, Minneapolis and others that degrade the Police. Since they want to act like dumb asses the truckers should embargo and let the liberal loons starve.

A lot of truckers have already done that. Luckily I should be on these windmill jobs for a while.

Thanks y'all, I know this Cop appreciates hearing it. I work in Atlanta and believe it or not, I actually hear "thanks for doing what you do" more than "FTP". No one does more for these ATL neighborhoods than we do. Believe that!

Something came over me. I'm not one to do this kind of thing, especially in front of other people. I was 3rd in line at the truckstop in Alma, Michigan. I had a coffee. We were socially distanced so I was about 15 feet from the cashier. The cop paid for his stuff and started to walk out. I said "Sir"...."thanks for what you do".....the guy behind me said "absolutely"
I am seeking out cops to thank them

Not to nitpick here, but buy the man a coffee, geez

Thanks y'all, I know this Cop appreciates hearing it. I work in Atlanta and believe it or not, I actually hear "thanks for doing what you do" more than "FTP". No one does more for these ATL neighborhoods than we do. Believe that!

tenor.gif

Thanks @MaDDoG 21 for what you do. I have a cousin that is an officer in Douglasville and been saying a lot of prayers for him lately. Will be praying for you too.

Thank you very much! We need you guys and never think otherwise. My oldest brother is a police officer/ resource officer for a school system now. Ridiculous stories

Drove past an empty Zaxby’s last night with two patrol cars parked in the empty lot.

Had the sudden & irresistible urge to pull in and thank them.

I resisted.

It wasn't that long ago that people in this country respected Law Enforcement..Sad that they have now become the enemy...
3957402_072918-wabc-sept11attack-img.jpg

nypd-911-memorial_650.jpg

too many people have the "you're either with us or against us" mentality for whatever side you are on...which is a huge part of the problem...we've created teams in america and we are making people choose a side instead of really having honest dialogue about how everyone moves forward for the better.

I'll pass. They're getting paid to do a job. Eliminate the Blue Code, start getting rid of the 35% bad cops that exist instead of covering for them, give in to having citizen oversight by default, turn in all of the tanks and APCs and then maybe.

Rice, you can’t understand how black people might view LE as the bad guys?
Not getting baited like this...but in the APD case the DA has basically sent a message that a man can drive drunk, assault an officer, steal his taser, fire it at an officer and then that officer face murder charges for protecting his life. Officers are NOT the bad guys about 99% of the time. This is part of the problem and why nothing will get solved.

I bought a cop a dildo. I put it in his baton holster. It's gonna be hilarious when he pulls that thing out at the next riot. The look on their faces when he runs at them.
I'm old enough to remember the "buy a cop a dildo" campaign from when Carter was president. It never really gained much support. Glad to hear you are bringing it back.

Rice, you can’t understand how black people might view LE as the bad guys? Just a completely impossible scenario?

Not getting baited like this...but in the APD case the DA has basically sent a message that a man can drive drunk, assault an officer, steal his taser, fire it at an officer and then that officer face murder charges for protecting his life. Officers are NOT the bad guys about 99% of the time.

exactly the brain dead response i knew was coming...rice you even liked my post about picking teams and 30 seconds later you are retreating to your corner refusing to even think about the other side of things

Reactions: stutsman23
exactly the brain dead response i knew was coming...rice you even liked my post about picking teams and 30 seconds later you are retreating to your corner refusing to even think about the other side of things
"what other side"...you can't assault an officer, steal his weapon, fire it at an officer and be the victim...this country is making officers the bad guys and criminals are vilified, not playing that game. If that's what those in power want, expect crime rates to sky rocket because no one will protect communities with that precedent making shit pay to begin with.

Might I suggest doing that to others as you go along. People right now need to know that good people are still outside there.

Reactions: AuburnProud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT