ADVERTISEMENT

Covid Deaths in Alabama last three days

As I have clearly stated (you didn't read all my post or you just choose to pick and choose for your strawman argument), I don't think anyone want people to die.

But carry on with your stupidity. You pull it off so well
You have repeatedly said people are "giddy" over deaths. Only a despicable piece of shit would make that sort of embarrassing claim. You should be ashamed.

Reactions: 00aubie
This will be the third week in a row deaths are up barring a great Wednesday thru Friday (Saturday to Friday).

The 7-day average is less today than it was last Wednesday.

Remember what the OP said. We are discussing Alabama.

This isn't debatable. Deaths have increased the last 2 weeks. Yesterday was the highest single day total since May.

So, is the CDC data I linked above from the CDC’s website incorrect? You did not address the CDC data I linked, which I expected. Instead, you went to Twitter and found a random tweet supporting your “continue[d]” narrative.

You have repeatedly said people are "giddy" over deaths. Only a despicable piece of shit would make that sort of embarrassing claim. You should be ashamed.

Lol. They were giddy to rush here and post about deaths having gone up today. I'm not reposting my earlier post where I pointed out I don't think ANYONE is pulling for more deaths.

So if you choose not to read my other post and continue down this path of yours to look as stupid as possible, have at it

This isn't debatable. Deaths have increased the last 2 weeks. Yesterday was the highest single day total since May.

The 7 day average should be a slight decline from yesterday or remain flat, once the last few states come in, hopefully

July 15 had 1002 deaths, which will fall off, and so far today, it's at 833.

The 7 day average should be a slight decline from yesterday or remain flat, once the last few states come in, hopefully

July 15 had 1002 deaths, which will fall off, and so far today, it's at 833.

So now you’re talking nationally?

Reactions: DM8
So, is the CDC data I linked above from the CDC’s website incorrect? You did not address the CDC data I linked, which I expected. Instead, you went to Twitter and found a random tweet supporting your “continue[d]” narrative.
The COVID19 tracking project is not a random source. They compile data from the various state departments of health along with the CDC. The chart I posted reflects the reality of the situation which is that deaths have increased over the last two weeks. 3 weeks ago, deaths peaked in the 600 range on the highest day of the week. 2 weeks ago, they peaked in the 800 range. Last week, deaths were over 900 at mid week. Yesterday was the first day with over 1k deaths since May. The CDC agrees over 1k people died yesterday. This is being driven by the sharp rise in deaths in the states that saw the largest spikes in new cases in June.

Lol. They were giddy to rush here and post about deaths having gone up today. I'm not reposting my earlier post where I pointed out I don't think ANYONE is pulling for more deaths.

So if you choose not to read my other post and continue down this path of yours to look as stupid as possible, have at it
No one was giddy about people dying. The morons who have aggressively downplayed this crisis obviously need to be shown they were incorrect (again) if there is any hope they will ever stop spreading their recklessly false narratives.

Reactions: 00aubie
So now you’re talking nationally?

I was replying to his post, which was about the US. My main focus in this thread has been clearly Alabama, and it's my main focus since I live here.

You should start a thread solely on US if you would like

1,126 new deaths. 7 day average has continued to increase. Stop desperately trying to dismiss reality because it doesn't fit your narrative. Just as has always been the case, downplaying this crisis makes it less likely we will be able to get it under control as many other countries have succeeded in doing.

Giddy deathbros scouring twitter for the highest death total they can find to rush over here and post. Sad.

Reactions: JLEAGLE07
Giddy deathbros scouring twitter for the highest death total they can find to rush over here and post. Sad.

It’s the number one respected source on this. It also usually shows lower deaths than worldometers.

1,126 new deaths. 7 day average has continued to increase. Stop desperately trying to dismiss reality because it doesn't fit your narrative. Just as has always been the case, downplaying this crisis makes it less likely we will be able to get it under control as many other countries have succeeded in doing.

This week (sat thru Friday) will be the third straight week of increased deaths. Also, these increases were mostly based on when we were getting 40,000-50,000 cases a day. Hopefully, they don’t increase more with the current numbers of cases.

I am not downplaying anything. Please do not suggest that I am.

I take your responses as an inability to rebut the CDC data I linked head on. You have not addressed it directly. Do you believe the data on CDC website is correct? It is understandable if you do not agree with the CDC data, but stop posturing. I assume you are a litigator. So am I. It’s a learned trait we share.

I am not downplaying anything. Please do not suggest that I am.

I take your responses as an inability to rebut the CDC data I linked head on. You have not addressed it directly. Do you believe the data on CDC website is correct? It is understandable if you do not agree with the CDC data, but stop posturing. I assume you are a litigator. So am I. It’s a learned trait we share.
The CDC does not publish the data on their website in a manner that is easy to digest. I looked over the link you posted and they are still posting deaths in a category that includes pneumonia which makes little sense to me. They also don't publish any charts to track the death toll from what I could find. I am not sure why the CDC is making it difficult to use their data, but they certainly aren't doing as good of a job as COVID19 tracking or some other groups that are aggregating data from the CDC and state departments of health which is why they are cited rather than the CDC's website. They do an excellent job of breaking it down by days of the week so comparisons to prior weeks can be drawn easily.

The CDC does not publish the data on their website in a manner that is easy to digest. I looked over the link you posted and they are still posting deaths in a category that includes pneumonia which makes little sense to me. They also don't publish any charts to track the death toll from what I could find. I am not sure why the CDC is making it difficult to use their data, but they certainly aren't doing as good of a job as COVID19 tracking or some other groups that are aggregating data from the CDC and state departments of health which is why they are cited rather than the CDC's website. They do an excellent job of breaking it down by days of the week so comparisons to prior weeks can be drawn easily.

The combination of silver and Covid19tracking is the best thing on Twitter along with Rex Chapman.

Reactions: DM8
The combination of silver and Covid19tracking is the best thing on Twitter along with Rex Chapman.

Best things on Twitter are:

Check out Bad Legal Takes (@BadLegalTakes): https://twitter.com/BadLegalTakes?s=09

Check out Freezing Cold Takes (@OldTakesExposed): https://twitter.com/OldTakesExposed?s=09

Check out Baseball Card Backs (@sportcardbacks): https://twitter.com/sportcardbacks?s=09

Check out You Had One Job! (@_youhadonejob1): https://twitter.com/_youhadonejob1?s=09

Last edited:
2nd straight Monday - Wednesday where total deaths declined by at least 16%.

27-29: 61 deaths

20-22: 71 deaths

13-15: 90 deaths

Data pulled Bamatracker.com

7-day average for total cases lowest it's been since July 13th

Hospitalizations 7-day average lowest it's been since July 19th and confirmed hospitalizations have remained flat for the last week.

The Rate of Reproduction of the virus is the lowest it's been during the entire pandemic

Hopefully these trends continue

2nd straight Monday - Wednesday where total deaths declined by at least 16%.

27-29: 61 deaths

20-22: 71 deaths

13-15: 90 deaths

Data pulled Bamatracker.com

7-day average for total cases lowest it's been since July 13th

Hospitalizations 7-day average lowest it's been since July 19th and confirmed hospitalizations have remained flat for the last week.

The Rate of Reproduction of the virus is the lowest it's been during the entire pandemic

Hopefully these trends continue
I always wondered how they calculate the rate of reproduction. That’s the best news I’ve seen on it form alabama though. If the virus is below the threshold of growing exponentially that’s great news

Reactions: MCTIGgER IV
I always wondered how they calculate the rate of reproduction. That’s the best news I’ve seen on it form alabama though. If the virus is below the threshold of growing exponentially that’s great news

No clue. I'm just pulling the data off the site. They only report it on Wednesdays

Here's more than you want to know: LINK

tenor.gif

@DM8
@Stumpfan
@ausuperjay

We all agree these trends are good, correct?
Yes, lower numbers is certainly positive. Hopefully this is a trend. Just saw my neighbor that is a doc at UAB and asked him if they had seen any drop-off in cases and he said they had not. Hopefully that's just a function of so many cases being transferred there from other hospitals.

Yes, lower numbers is certainly positive. Hopefully this is a trend. Just saw my neighbor that is a doc at UAB and asked him if they had seen any drop-off in cases and he said they had not. Hopefully that's just a function of so many cases being transferred there from other hospitals.

Agree. They also gave a little clarification

So you literally won't say these are good trends for Alabama?

I didn’t even read them. I’m more concerned with the nation as a whole and GA. If cases, deaths and hospitalizations are going down in a meaningful way then that’s good.

Also, where are you seeing 1400? I'm not saying you are wrong, but this is showing 1116

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us
A lot of errors have been found in worldometers data. It's fine for looking at general trends, but they appear to be publishing data as fast as they can get it for countries around the world without much effort to curate it. COVD-19 tracking and Johns Hopkins appear to be better sources for accurate info on the US. Florida set their record for deaths today with over 200 and the south as a region hit nearly 1k.

Also, where are you seeing 1400? I'm not saying you are wrong, but this is showing 1116

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us
A lot of errors have been found in worldometers data. It's fine for looking at general trends, but they appear to be publishing data as fast as they can get it for countries around the world without much effort to curate for accuracy. COVD-19 tracking and Johns Hopkins appear to be better sources for accurate info on the US.

@Stumpfan @DM8

It looks like Texas is one of the big differences , as the tweet above says 313 and worldmeters says 177

They said minutes later they found that out. So 1274 deaths. That’s still the highest in months unless it happened last week which I don’t think it did. This will be the 4th week in a row of deaths increasing.

@Stumpfan @DM8

It looks like Texas is one of the big differences , as the tweet above says 313 and worldmeters says 177
That could be it. No one knows much about worldometers or who is involved with it aside form the info they have on their website. This article looks at their background and notes some of the issues with the data they have reported.

According to Worldometer’s website, its Covid-19 data comes from a multilingual team that “monitors press briefings’ live streams throughout the day” and through crowdsourcing.

Visitors can report new Covid-19 numbers and data sources to the website – no name or email address required. A “team of analysts and researchers” validate the data, the website says. It may, at first, sound like the Wikipedia of the data world, but some Wikipedia editors have decided to avoid Worldometer as a source for Covid-19 data.

“Several updates lack a source, do not match their cited source or contain errors,” one editor, posting under the username MarioGom, wrote on a discussion page for Wikipedia editors working on Covid-19-related content last month. “Some errors are small and temporary, but some are relatively big and never corrected.”

The editor, whose real name is Mario Gómez, told CNN in an email, “Instead of trying to use a consistent criteria, [Worldometer] seems to be going for the highest figure. They have a system for users to report higher figures, but so far I failed to use it to report that some figure is erroneous and should be lower.”

Edouard Mathieu, the data manager for Our World in Data (OWID), an independent statistics website headquartered at Oxford University, has seen a similar trend.

“Their main focus seems to be having the latest number wherever it comes from, whether it’s reliable or not, whether it’s well-sourced or not,” he said. “We think people should be wary, especially media, policy-makers and decision-makers. This data is not as accurate as they think it is.”

Virginia Pitzer, a Yale University epidemiologist focused on modeling Covid-19’s spread in the United States, said she’d never heard of Worldometer. CNN asked her to assess the website’s reliability.

“I think the Worldometer site is legitimate,” she wrote via email, explaining that many of its sources appear to be credible government websites. But she also found flaws, inconsistencies and an apparent lack of expert curation. “The interpretation of the data is lacking,” she wrote, explaining that she found the data on active cases “particularly problematic” because data on recoveries is not consistently reported.

Pitzer also found few detailed explanations of data reporting issues or discrepancies. For Spain, it’s a single sentence. For many other countries, there are no explanations at all.

She also found errors. In the Spanish data, for instance, Worldometer reports more than 18,000 recoveries on April 24. The Spanish government reported 3,105 recoveries that day.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/05/world/worldometer-coronavirus-mystery/

I did my best to catch COVID in late March and finally did About 2 months ago. Best decision I ever made! If you are healthy and under 60 I would suggest catching it. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule just like there is with anything in life. Someone will die that is young and healthy that can’t be explained just like they do with other viruses.

They said minutes later they found that out. So 1274 deaths. That’s still the highest in months unless it happened last week which I don’t think it did. This will be the 4th week in a row of deaths increasing.

Likely, unless things change the last half of the week. 7 day average is up ~25 through yesterday, when compared to Saturday

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT