ADVERTISEMENT

Considering the "great" state of Alabama is one of the least vaccinated in the US, I have one question... Why?

The worst lie is "this isn't political", especially since not even a year ago, people on Blue Team were talking crap on them because "Trump made them".

Two words: Tuskegee Experiment. How could anyone trust the government after that heinous act? The irony is that now these political royals complain about the lower numbers but it is their sheer incompetency and generations of lies and charades that has fostered a justified attitude of mistrust.

And now the main stream media is aligned lock step covering for them 24/7/365
They are tearing this country apart.

Reactions: whynotAU

Its perfect irony that the group that started the pushback are the same people that have to deal with the fallout of it.

As I've said several times in other threads, it doesn't really have anything to do with people necessarily "being stupid" or uneducated per se. People on the lower socio-economic tiers have ALWAYS lagged behind in medical care, (especially preventative care), so why should anyone expect this to be different.

It's kind of rich to see so many fall for the manipulative narrative that "you must be an uneducated rube if you don't take these NEW vaccines", and then see them calling others out as being stupid.

Intelligent experts should EXPECT the lower socio-economic tiers to be less educated, and lagging in preventative healthcare in all areas. There are difference choices, decisions and pathways we could have taken, and still can take, that will likely lead to a higher percentage of people being treated successfully for COVID, and vaccinated against it.

It's also an almost unimaginable level of ignorance, for anyone to think that the Tuskegee experiment, and many other such things on a smaller scale, wouldn't have a CLEAR impact on the decisions of African-Americans, and really, others in the lower socio-economic tiers, due to the fact that their experiences with healthcare and society in general, can be quite different.
great post

Do you speed 140 miles per hour down the autobahn? Oh wait, wrong country.
As a rule, people driving on the Autobahn know how to drive. People stay in the right lane unless they’re passing. It’s not like I65 where granny does 35 miles/hour in the left lane from Alabaster to Spanish Fort.

what did the founding fathers tell you to do about the polio vaccine?

Well, many will come to a COMPLETELY different decision on the polio or measles vaccines. You may not have been aware, but these new vaccines are built on completely different, new technology that is the same in name only, (i.e. calling them a vaccine).

If we'd simply have offered another vaccine option built on the old, tried and true vaccine technology, you'd have a whole lot more people taking them, and we might already have reached herd immunity, (as most of these same people have already taken all of the typical vaccines based on the old technology).

Last edited:
I didn’t know the African American population watched so much Fox News.
The reasons for lower vaccination rates among African Americans is actually not so much being anti-vax as it is challenges with access compared to their white counterparts:

• Haha
Reactions: Rusty Strings
The reasons for lower vaccination rates among African Americans is actually not so much being anti-vax as it is challenges with access compared to their white counterparts:

Because a pew survey said so? They can’t access a vaccination, but they’re sitting around waiting to be polled?

May be true in rural areas, but it’s not the case for most of the state.

Reactions: Rusty Strings
This. People in Alabama are generally very stupid. The entire Deep South really.
No they aren’t, we just don’t like being told what to do. I will stack my education up with anyone, certifications as well. I am not taking the vaccine, just so you know I don’t like wearing mask either. Hope you sleep less at night knowing that. If you got the vaccine and your mask works why are so scared if I don’t? Or anybody else for that matter.

May be true in rural areas, but it’s not the case for most of the state.
It's a factor. Even in urban areas. As the story mentions, even when they put the vaccine clinics in black areas of town, much of the supply ends up getting taken up by white folks because so many of the appointments have been done online and a much higher proportion of black residents don't have internet access. From the story:

In fact, a recent NPR analysis found that vaccine hubs, particularly ones in Louisiana, Texas and Alabama, were largely missing from predominantly Black and Hispanic communities, while few whiter neighborhoods were without one. And in a national study conducted in conjunction with the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, Dickson found that Black Americans in nearly two dozen urban counties in and around Atlanta, New Orleans and Dallas, among a host of other cities, faced longer driving distances to vaccine centers than white Americans.

Even when vaccine distribution centers are more evenly distributed, researchers find that communities of color are still missing out. Residents from wealthier, predominantly white neighborhoods often claim an outsize share of vaccine appointments in Black and Hispanic neighborhoods, using up the available supply.
This has already happened in several states, including in California, where outsiders were misusing a program intended to make vaccine appointments available in communities of color.

The fact that vaccine registration systems are largely online is partly to blame, as there is often a racial divide in who has reliable internet access. Take Washington, D.C., where the ease of signing up virtually made it simpler for wealthier, white people to push out Black people who were trying to get an appointment. The city did move to quickly implement a new sign-up system that offered appointments first to people in ZIP codes with the highest COVID-19 infection and death rates, but some residents said the process still wasn’t helping the people who need the vaccine most.

No they aren’t, we just don’t like being told what to do. I will stack my education up with anyone, certifications as well. I am not taking the vaccine, just so you know I don’t like wearing mask either. Hope you sleep less at night knowing that. If you got the vaccine and your mask works why are so scared if I don’t? Or anybody else for that matter.
Education doesn't inoculate one against stupidity.

Consider taking up reading.
Clever. You just find that as objective, where I find it as subjective. There’s no doubt poverty plays a roll, I wouldn’t dare argue otherwise. However, do you honestly believe it’s the prevailing issue? Because I feel like they want to dismiss any notion of distrust, and in doing so, they paint the picture that the majority of African Americans can’t even afford internet.

Clever. You just find that as objective, where I find it as subjective. There’s no doubt poverty plays a roll, I wouldn’t dare argue otherwise. However, do you honestly believe it’s the prevailing issue? Because I feel like they want to dismiss any notion of distrust, and in doing so, they paint the picture that the majority of African Americans can’t even afford internet.
Again, read better.

Again, read better.
Lol, why don’t you drop the vague gotcha responses, and tell me what exactly it is I am missing that you want me to take away from it? Because my main take away is poverty, which I admit does play a role. My main point is I think it’s extremely disingenuous, and mostly politically motivated, to act like distrust isn’t a major factor.

90% of the people who live in Alabama have never heard of the the Tuskegee experiment. The 10 % who have, are laughing

As I've said several times in other threads, it doesn't really have anything to do with people necessarily "being stupid" or "uneducated" per se. People in the lower socio-economic tiers have ALWAYS lagged behind in all kinds of medical care, (especially preventative care), so why should anyone expect the pandemic to be any different?

It's kind of rich to see so many fall for the manipulative narrative that "you must be an uneducated rube if you don't take these NEW vaccines, because educated folks know to get them", and then see them calling others out as being stupid, not realizing that they have been manipulated. Get all of the procedures that you feel are necessary for your best health, but do it based on all the variables that determine your risk/reward ratio, not because you are being subtlety manipulated.

The experts that are truly sharp should EXPECT those in the lower socio-economic tiers to be lagging in preventative healthcare in all areas, and maybe they did, but are simply trying to use more manipulation to get folks to run out and get the vaccine so they can be grouped with the "educated", "scientific minded" people, (LOL).

There were, (and still are), different choices, decisions and pathways we could have taken to manage this, that would have likely led to a higher percentage of people both being treated successfully for COVID, and vaccinated against it. It's a bit unfortunate that they chose the current path and approach. It's also an almost unimaginable level of ignorance, for anyone to think that the Tuskegee experiment, and many other such things on a smaller scale, wouldn't have a CLEAR impact on the decisions of African-Americans, and really, most others in the lower socio-economic tiers, due to the fact that their experiences with healthcare and society in general, have typically been quite different. There are effective ways to manage this well earned distrust, that don't involve manipulation.
This is an extremely logical and well written post. Right on the money from my view. Thanks @au4life_rz.

Reactions: au4life_rz
This. People in Alabama are generally very stupid. The entire Deep South really.
We are so challenged. I could only muster up a Master's Degree from another cow college after my engineering degree from one. Because I was so stupid, I actually started a company with a group, sold it to a Fortune 250 company and then continue to work in my field across the country and the world. I travelled across 6 continents to study plumbing and worked in 3 just for good measure. What a really dumb place that Alabama. It shit on me for sure.

Lol, why don’t you drop the vague gotcha responses, and tell me what exactly it is I am missing that you want me to take away from it? Because my main take away is poverty, which I admit does play a role. My main point is I think it’s extremely disingenuous, and mostly politically motivated, to act like distrust isn’t a major factor.
Why don't you read the article instead of asking me to do your homework for you? I gave you the damn link and it's not like it's some novel.

Good lord. Why do so many people view black people as children who can't do everyday things? The vaccine has been offered for free in extremely accessible places in my community yet the best estimate is 25% vaccination rate for the black population.

Last edited:
We are so challenged. I could only muster up a Master's Degree from another cow college after my engineering degree from one. Because I was so stupid, I actually started a company with a group, sold it to a Fortune 250 company and then continue to work in my field across the country and the world. I travelled across 6 continents to study plumbing and worked in 3 just for good measure. What a really dumb place that Alabama. It shit on me for sure.
This is awesome!
nice this is what I see a lot of as well! Successful people living in area that is beautiful and less expensive than most of the US.

Reactions: whynotAU
Good lord. Why do so many people view black people as children who can't do everyday things? The vaccine has been offered for free in extremely accessible places in my community yet the best estimate is 25% vaccination rate for the black community.
No one said or implied anything of the sort. They simply pointed out that much higher percentages of black communities (particularly poor ones) have had trouble with access compared to white people. Not sure why that would be controversial given the data they show.

Thank you for these incoherent ramblings but it’s simply a fact that the Deep South is uneducated in general. The vaccination data is just further proof.

Thank you for these incoherent ramblings but it’s simply a fact that the Deep South is uneducated in general. The vaccination data is just further proof.
Really 🙄 uneducated is a vague term, not sure on everyone else but I am certainly not uneducated. I find uneducated people in every state I go. Your welcome, go hang out with your vaccinated super smart buddies.

It's a factor. Even in urban areas. As the story mentions, even when they put the vaccine clinics in black areas of town, much of the supply ends up getting taken up by white folks because so many of the appointments have been done online and a much higher proportion of black residents don't have internet access. From the story:

In fact, a recent NPR analysis found that vaccine hubs, particularly ones in Louisiana, Texas and Alabama, were largely missing from predominantly Black and Hispanic communities, while few whiter neighborhoods were without one. And in a national study conducted in conjunction with the University of Pittsburgh School of Pharmacy, Dickson found that Black Americans in nearly two dozen urban counties in and around Atlanta, New Orleans and Dallas, among a host of other cities, faced longer driving distances to vaccine centers than white Americans.

Even when vaccine distribution centers are more evenly distributed, researchers find that communities of color are still missing out. Residents from wealthier, predominantly white neighborhoods often claim an outsize share of vaccine appointments in Black and Hispanic neighborhoods, using up the available supply.
This has already happened in several states, including in California, where outsiders were misusing a program intended to make vaccine appointments available in communities of color.

The fact that vaccine registration systems are largely online is partly to blame, as there is often a racial divide in who has reliable internet access. Take Washington, D.C., where the ease of signing up virtually made it simpler for wealthier, white people to push out Black people who were trying to get an appointment. The city did move to quickly implement a new sign-up system that offered appointments first to people in ZIP codes with the highest COVID-19 infection and death rates, but some residents said the process still wasn’t helping the people who need the vaccine most.

You can walk in and get the vaccine at CVS and Walgreens now (and publix). Back when everyone was trying to get an appointment, Walmart in Selma was the only place in the area that had open appointments.

No one said or implied anything of the sort. They simply pointed out that much higher percentages of black communities (particularly poor ones) have had trouble with access compared to white people. Not sure why that would be controversial given the data they show.

Access likely factors in a bit, and so does overall socio-economic factors, but I do not believe those things to be close to the PRIMARY reasons blacks are lagging in vaccination. There is a TON of distrust in the leading authorities and medical community due to what happened over many years. The "Tuskegee experiment", wasn't just a one-off deal, or an anomaly.

If we use full disclosure, and we're COMPLETELY open and honest instead of lying, manipulating and resorting to propaganda, and marketing tricks, we'll eventually build trust, and have much more trust in situations like this. Many blacks aren't going to rush out and blindly trust science and put something new in their bodies.

Its perfect irony that the group that started the pushback are the same people that have to deal with the fallout of it.

lol. What? Who do you think is dealing with the fallout? I would say it’s the unvaccinated. See the % of deaths and hospitalizations for the unvaccinated. Also, they said they would listen to the Dr’s like Fauci on the vaccine.

You can walk in and get the vaccine at CVS and Walgreens now (and publix). Back when everyone was trying to get an appointment, Walmart in Selma was the only place in the area that had open appointments.
yea, access isn’t a reason any longer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT