ADVERTISEMENT

Considering the "great" state of Alabama is one of the least vaccinated in the US, I have one question... Why?

In this case, the politicians and wealthy and powerful were the first ones in line to get the vaccine.

I think, there are several reasons AL is slow to get vaccinated. Someone who lives in a rural area and is not around large crowds probably wouldn't feel the urgent need to get a vaccine.

Some people are scared to get the vaccine, because it hasn't been around very long, and there is some legitimate concerns from people with adverse reactions from the J&J vaccine. The fact that many people get sick for a day after taking one or both doses adds to that fear. Also people in more rural areas may not know anyone who had even had COVID, much less someone who has died from COVID.

There are less people that work in crowded office buildings that are required to wear masks if they have not been vaccinated. Many will get vaccinated if it means they don't have to wear a mask.

The education level in the state overall is relatively low. There is also a perception that COVID is only a concern if you are old. And many in less populated states may not know anyone who has had COVID, which would cause them to be less concerned about it.

The way it was politicized, some people have doubts about the authenticity of news or information about it. They may think it was more of a political issue used as a prop by politicians and the media than a real issue. Again, if they don't know anyone who had it or died from it, that would confirm that bias.

I’ve heard that excuse with my own ears from an AA woman in line at the store. You can dismiss it all you want, but it’s a legitimate concern in the AA community in the South.
Yes it’s a pretty valid excuse. It’s not like that happened 200 years ago. Still fresh to lots of people

Reactions: GusBlows
Two words: Tuskegee Experiment. How could anyone trust the government after that heinous act? The irony is that now these political royals complain about the lower numbers but it is their sheer incompetency and generations of lies and charades that has fostered a justified attitude of mistrust.

90% of the people who live in Alabama have never heard of the the Tuskegee experiment. The 10 % who have, are laughing at you.

I’ve heard that excuse with my own ears from an AA woman in line at the store. You can dismiss it all you want, but it’s a legitimate concern in the AA community in the South.
Oh I know it’s a concern to some AA, just like it’s a concern to some Caucasian’s that the government is injecting them with non-necessary solids and fluids and tracking dyes. However, as I said, neither is happening in this situation.

90% of the people who live in Alabama have never heard of the the Tuskegee experiment. The 10 % who have, are laughing at you.
And macon county, where this occurred, has done really well in vaccination rates compared to other counties. You would think that county would be dead last if every AA was so scared of the vaccine due to the Tuskegee project of 1932.

And macon county, where this occurred, has done really well in vaccination rates compared to other counties. You would think that county would be dead last if every AA was so scared of the vaccine due to the Tuskegee project of 1932.

This says they are less than 42% vaccinated

I got my first shot yesterday. I only got it because I’m about to travel internationally and don’t want there to be any chance I get stuck somewhere. I never got it because Covid just hasn’t been a big deal to me. I don’t know a single person that has died from it or been real sick with it. All 3 of my living grand parents have had it and they are all 90+ and none of them were very sick. I’m not a very political person so it has nothing to do with politics. I honestly never think about Covid as my life hasn’t really changed since the start of it other than my kids were home more when it first started and it allowed us to travel a lot more since they weren’t going to school.
This is me. Except I'm not vaccinated. I don't know if I ever will. I might. I might not.

Two words: Tuskegee Experiment. How could anyone trust the government after that heinous act? The irony is that now these political royals complain about the lower numbers but it is their sheer incompetency and generations of lies and charades that has fostered a justified attitude of mistrust.
You do realize Tuskegee was over 70 years ago, don't you? Not sure how relevant that is to today's world.

Reactions: JLEAGLE07
Oh I know it’s a concern to some AA, just like it’s a concern to some Caucasian’s that the government is injecting them with non-necessary solids and fluids and tracking dyes. However, as I said, neither is happening in this situation.
Agreed.

I’ll try to expand:
*Some people don’t like being told what to do.
*Some people don’t trust the government.
*Some people are uneducated hicks that won’t get vaccinated for a myriad of dumbass reasons, including, but not limited to, the tracking device that will be injected.

None of which matters because this is America and people can do what the fvck they want to do……for the time being.

For the record, I’m Pfizered up myself but I don’t care what other people do. Their life. Their choice.
All of this is true. And quite a few AA citizens are still concerned about these types of things because of a history of things like the Tuskegee Experiment (not Airmen, Joe!). There is a real fear in the AA community about plans to exterminate their population, kinda like Jewish people have in the back of their minds. So you can see why they might have reservations, rightfully or not. It’s stupid, un-American, and against most of the principles that most freedom-loving people believe to shame people for deciding not to be vaccinated. And I have always chosen to be vaccinated. Was in line to be one of the first to be vaccinated (health care provider), but got Covid before Christmas. Still got the vaccine 4 months later after more vulnerable people had a chance to get it.

Eagle, I don't care about your response.

Seriously, just curious.

Expecting lots of lame answers, so fire away.. while you still can
Because people in Alabama and people who are socio-economically challenged with poor education, are smarter than everyone else.

Yes, are you trying to say this is bad compared to other counties in Alabama?

Bc it’s not. It’s really good for Alabama counties

It isn't bad. Isn't really good either.

Slightly below the state %

It isn't bad. Isn't really good either.

Slightly below the state %
it’s a county thats 90% African American and it’s a very rural, poor county, as I’m sure you know. They also had major issues getting the vaccine for a while. Macon county has done really well with vaccinations compared to the vaccinations of other counties.

Reactions: GusBlows
it’s a county thats 90% African American and it’s a very rural, poor county, as I’m sure you know. They also had major issues getting the vaccine for a while. Macon county has done really well with vaccinations compared to the vaccinations of other counties.

I was just pointing out the numbers. You can make them for whatever narrative you want.

Reactions: Stay Puft
I can accept that reasoning. Our govt has done awful things to folks since before we had a govt.

Reactions: whynotAU
This thread has been posted multiple times now. There are answers as to “why” all over the board. Why did you start a new thread?
Sorry man... I'm a once or twice a week bunkerite these days and didn't see it... Posted after reading about our scientologist coach

Seriously, just curious.

I know people who got vaccine and still got covid. I don’t like being told what to do, I don’t want my kids taking it, and frankly I just don’t want to take it. Not worth the risk.
If everyone gets it but my family what is the problem everyone is vaccinated? If it works why do you worry about if I get the vaccine or not? My parents have gotten it and that is great I was all for them getting it.

I was just pointing out the numbers. You can make them for whatever narrative you want.
It’s not a narrative. It’s just truth and you didn’t provide any valuable information on this subject

It’s not a narrative. It’s just truth and you didn’t provide any valuable information on this subject

I consider what the actual % is pretty valuable, which is what I did. I wasn't trying to argue you with you and prove you wrong. When you said what you said, it got me curious as to what the county rates were, so I looked them up and provided the link

I consider what the actual % is pretty valuable, which is what I did. I wasn't trying to argue you with you and prove you wrong. When you said what you said, it got me curious as to what the county rates were, so I looked them up and provided the link
Macon county is ranked #16 of the 67 counties in Alabama for fully vaccinated residents. For a county that is extremely rural, poor, not a lot of availability initially for vaccine, and demographics they have done extremely well. You said it wasn’t bad or good…..it’s good.

Macon county is ranked #16 of the 67 counties in Alabama for fully vaccinated residents. For a county that is extremely rural, poor, not a lot of availability initially for vaccine, and demographics they have done extremely well. You said it wasn’t bad or good…..it’s good.

If you look at the data and want to call it good, I won't argue with you. When I look at them, #12 through the mid 30s are within 5-6 percentage points, so I kind of lump them together. Not that big of a difference to me. Just how I looked at it. No worries

In this case, the politicians and wealthy and powerful were the first ones in line to get the vaccine.

I think, there are several reasons AL is slow to get vaccinated. Someone who lives in a rural area and is not around large crowds probably wouldn't feel the urgent need to get a vaccine.

Some people are scared to get the vaccine, because it hasn't been around very long, and there is some legitimate concerns from people with adverse reactions from the J&J vaccine. The fact that many people get sick for a day after taking one or both doses adds to that fear. Also people in more rural areas may not know anyone who had even had COVID, much less someone who has died from COVID.

There are less people that work in crowded office buildings that are required to wear masks if they have not been vaccinated. Many will get vaccinated if it means they don't have to wear a mask.

The education level in the state overall is relatively low. There is also a perception that COVID is only a concern if you are old. And many in less populated states may not know anyone who has had COVID, which would cause them to be less concerned about it.

The way it was politicized, some people have doubts about the authenticity of news or information about it. They may think it was more of a political issue used as a prop by politicians and the media than a real issue. Again, if they don't know anyone who had it or died from it, that would confirm that bias.

lol at the JJ vax being more dangerous. 6 out of 8.7 million is excellent results.

Reactions: willyt14
Wake up!

Reactions: JLEAGLE07
I got my first shot yesterday. I only got it because I’m about to travel internationally and don’t want there to be any chance I get stuck somewhere. I never got it because Covid just hasn’t been a big deal to me. I don’t know a single person that has died from it or been real sick with it. All 3 of my living grand parents have had it and they are all 90+ and none of them were very sick. I’m not a very political person so it has nothing to do with politics. I honestly never think about Covid as my life hasn’t really changed since the start of it other than my kids were home more when it first started and it allowed us to travel a lot more since they weren’t going to school.
Enjoy your death

Look at where the state ranks in education

This x1000.

This state consists of a lot of stupid people who believe everything they read on Facebook. I.E. the original “Vaccines are causing Autism” bullshit that came from some crazy ex-doctor who had lost their license to practice.

As I've said several times in other threads, it doesn't really have anything to do with people necessarily "being stupid" or "uneducated" per se. People in the lower socio-economic tiers have ALWAYS lagged behind in all kinds of medical care, (especially preventative care), so why should anyone expect the pandemic to be any different?

It's kind of rich to see so many fall for the manipulative narrative that "you must be an uneducated rube if you don't take these NEW vaccines, because educated folks know to get them", and then see them calling others out as being stupid, not realizing that they have been manipulated. Get all of the procedures that you feel are necessary for your best health, but do it based on all the variables that determine your risk/reward ratio, not because you are being subtlety manipulated.

The experts that are truly sharp should EXPECT those in the lower socio-economic tiers to be lagging in preventative healthcare in all areas, and maybe they did, but are simply trying to use more manipulation to get folks to run out and get the vaccine so they can be grouped with the "educated", "scientific minded" people, (LOL).

There were, (and still are), different choices, decisions and pathways we could have taken to manage this, that would have likely led to a higher percentage of people both being treated successfully for COVID, and vaccinated against it. It's a bit unfortunate that they chose the current path and approach. It's also an almost unimaginable level of ignorance, for anyone to think that the Tuskegee experiment, and many other such things on a smaller scale, wouldn't have a CLEAR impact on the decisions of African-Americans, and really, most others in the lower socio-economic tiers, due to the fact that their experiences with healthcare and society in general, have typically been quite different. There are effective ways to manage this well earned distrust, that don't involve manipulation.

Last edited:

Seriously, just curious.

YOU people still trying to prove a point with this shit? Jesus Christ give it a rest bruh.

shaking-my-head-gif-17.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT