ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama is still the least vaccinated state

giphy.gif

This thread is awful. Seriously do you guys not get sick of discussing COVID every damn day? Also this new Daniel Lucio character is either really bad troll or an idiot.

My first and last post to you. You’re 2-4 times less likely to get any Covid infection if you’re vaccinated. You’re 8 times less likely to get symptomatic Covid if you’re vaccinated. Most importantly, you’re 25 times less likely to die or get hospitalized by Covid is you’re vaccinated. Those numbers are backed up by real life numbers of deaths and hospitalizations of the vaccinated and the unvaccinated.

it's no use. the vax is all or nothing to these fools. it doesn't matter that it helps prevent death and can help prevent someone from contracting it...they see any outlier as proof that it doesn't work in totality...it's mind numbing how stupid that thought process is but there are tons of people out there using it

it's no use. the vax is all or nothing to these fools. it doesn't matter that it helps prevent death and can help prevent someone from contracting it...they see any outlier as proof that it doesn't work in totality...it's mind numbing how stupid that thought process is but there are tons of people out there using it
I see the virus as unworthy of a vaccine. Just deal with it.

You are the vocal minority. Most people know the vaccine doesn't work. It's not worth it for a minor virus that nobody even knows they have.

Yes, but I'm used to being the vocal minority a time or few through the years, when I humbly believe that something very important needs to be discussed or brought out.

Are you saying that you do not believe these new vaccines have an immunological efficacy at all?? We have certainly chosen a novel response to this novel, weird little bug, and one can easily debate whether the choices have been the BEST choice all along the way, but again, even if the stats have been spun/baked a bit, it's kind of hard to argue that there isn't at least, a very good immediate response targeting the spike protein, which provides some immediate protection.

This weird bug isn't nearly as virulent as many pathogens faced by mankind throughout our history, but it's bad enough to potentially overrun our medical system, (which simply isn't geared for handling something like this). We've NEVER approached previous threats the way we approached this one, (and one can certainly argue that mistakes were made), but again you'd be hard pressed to make a good case that COVID hasn't killed a lot of folks, or that the new vaccines don't reduce the chances for severe illness requiring hospitalization, and death.

Pretty sure he is a troll trying to get banned. His avatar is "Self Destructor," so it seems pretty transparent. I think some people think that any trolling is funny. They are wrong.
It's not funny at all. You can't even fathom how the real world thinks. You're out of touch. Get off Reddit.

Pretty sure he is a troll trying to get banned. His avatar is "Self Destructor," so it seems pretty transparent. I think some people think that any trolling is funny. They are wrong.
I gotta admit that I am finding him fairly entertaining in a sad, can't-look-away-from-the-car-wreck sort of way. However, it would be funnier if it weren't uncomfortably close to the way far too many folks actually are.

Some are yes and others are not. It’s actually a very few that are having high bed numbers right now. I’m not just saying it to disagree i literally am in hospitals weekly all across the country and I see and hear the numbers first hand. Not what fox or cnn spews

i wouldn't expect the situation to be the same across the country. i'm sure some places are doing better than others. there's probably a correlation there...hint hint

i don't watch cable news by the way

Reactions: stutsman23
He’s a cartoon of everyone not promoting the vaccine. In a way he’s a lot more useful than the people pretending to be thoughtful about whatever BS reason not to get it.

You are arguing we do not have enough data to know the long term effects of the vaccine. I’m arguing that your argument becomes irrelevant in a wartime effort. Not to mention, this isn’t our first rodeo developing vaccines. It’s 2021 and we through an assload of resources at this thing.

I'm not arguing that "we don't have enough data to know the long-term effects". I'm stating that as a FACT. Do you disagree that it is a fact that we have ZERO data for both the mid-term, and long-term. Is that statement debatable???

Can you do true science, real science in the absence of data??? Are you aware that the new mRNA vaccines are built using novel technology??? If they weren't new, and this wasn't our first rodeo, we'd have usage data across the full life-cycle, right?

Again, this isn't meant to cast aspersions at the new vaccines per se, but it's meant to highlight very important information that you will not see if you go to the CDC and most any leading tweeter, doctor et. al. You go to them, you're only going to get the full on sales job because folks feel it's okay to operate to a "noble lie". I think that approach is wrong, and that the fact I'm offering above stands, and therefore is an important consideration in order for folks to be able to make an informed decision, right???

i wouldn't expect the situation to be the same across the country. i'm sure some places are doing better than others. there's probably a correlation there...hint hint

I'm too lazy to find the post you replied to here, but food for thought...a reason some hospitals aren't at full capacity and others are may be strictly due to being a Level 1 or 2 trauma center than can handle the patient load. For instance if someone from Prattville gets sick from COVID, do they go to Prattville Baptist or South?

I'm too lazy to find the post you replied to here, but food for thought...a reason some hospitals aren't at full capacity and others are may be strictly due to being a Level 1 or 2 trauma center than can handle the patient load. For instance if someone from Prattville gets sick from COVID, do they go to Prattville Baptist or South?

yeah i don't pretend to understand all those specifics...most of the reports i read are about ICU beds only...which i don't think any are available right now in the whole river region

Reactions: ricedp105

Correlation you mean like how thousands and thousands of people have been visiting florida to vacation over the last few months and now they are seeing some higher numbers again, some idiots on here just blame that on unvaccinated people. That’s completely inaccurate with all the visitors they’ve had the last few months. Also correlation to Martha’s VineyardWhere cases have surged after Obama maskkess big shindig where everyone supposedly was vaccinated, lots of reports out there

Reactions: ricedp105
Correlation you mean like how thousands and thousands of people have been visiting florida to vacation over the last few months and now they are seeing some higher numbers again, some idiots on here just blame that on unvaccinated people. That’s completely inaccurate with all the visitors they’ve had the last few months. Also correlation to Martha’s VineyardWhere cases have surged after Obama maskkess big shindig where everyone supposedly was vaccinated, lots of reports out there
Excellent point, even in Alabama for the past few weeks, it's no coincidence that Mobile and Baldwin County accounted for about half of all the COVID cases in Alabama...and now that school has returned that the cases in Alabama have dropped substantially. Dammit, here I go again getting "invested" in another COVID thread...FML.

i said correlation...didn't say reason...therefore i wasn't placing 100% of blame on unvaccinated...but we are one of the lowest vaxed stats in AL and our ICU beds are pretty full. the vax helps keep most people that contract it out of the ICU. i think there's definitely a correlation but as you said there are many other factors.

Excellent point, even in Alabama for the past few weeks, it's no coincidence that Mobile and Baldwin County accounted for about half of all the COVID cases in Alabama...and now that school has returned that the cases in Alabama have dropped substantially. Dammit, here I go again getting "invested" in another COVID thread...FML.

i went to a conference at the beach a week ago and i know of 3 people who came home positive and that's just the ones i know about...not good.

“Did you know it takes 300 years to properly create a vaccine?”

By 2217 we should be ready to fight off the Spanish Flu pandemic

I know you're just poking fun at those who have concerns, but I actually have empathy for them, and I take the time to discuss it. Many have valid considerations given their individual risk/reward ratio.

That said, it is worth mentioning that mankind was indeed able to fight off the Spanish Flu, , as well as numerous other super virulent pathogens, (e.g. Bubonic Plague), that we've faced throughout our existence, so we might be alright until your 2217 vaccine is ready. ;) 🙂

Last edited:
Reactions: AU925
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT