ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama is still the least vaccinated state

It's eye opening how stupid a large percent of the population is. For getting a shot that killed dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of people, doesn't keep you from getting covid, and was made in the shortest amount of time in history for the weakest virus in history. Hopefully it's just about money, this could be population control. Have you seen how many pregnant women are losing their baby? How pompous do you have to be to think you know anything about the so called vaccine. It's absolutely not about keeping each other safe. The only dangerous thing is wearing a mask all day and breathing through dirty cloth all day and keeping kids from properly developing. Making them afraid of normal interaction and the freaking weather. It's people like you that are stupid.
Sounds like something someone who didn’t go to Auburn would say

IFoLeKs.jpg
I got tagged in this so I will address some of it this morning before heading back into what feels like a war zone.

Our hospital system has given over 250,000 doses. We have had 8 admissions to the hospital with vaccine related reactions. 6 were discharged within 24 hours and were only observation stays. 1 was there for 3 days and the other one will likely be discharged in 2-3 days (she is on my service right now). We have had 0 deaths from the vaccine.

Our COVID census has went from 6 on July 10 to 124 as of yesterday. We are currently averaging 15 deaths per week. We are building a Covid unit in our parking garage. 63% of the hospital are COVID patients.

We have 37 in ICU with 33 on ventilators (aged 23-68–average age 48). We have 10 patients under the age of 40 on ventilators. We have 1 vaccinated patient in icu and they are only on BiPAP (not ventilator). We have had 0 vaccinated patients die (of COVID) at our hospital in the last month.
Thanks for all the you do Doc. Sorry for the dumb shit you gotta hear from people like @Daniel Lucio. People with brains appreciate your work greatly!

Jesus. Why do I even pay attention to the experts.
becasue the experts arent expert and they lie. their narrative now is trump voters not getting vaccine. we know thats a lie. its minorities and the very well educated. these lies add up and credibility is lost. the vaccine numbers are lower in the south because of its higher AA populace. people use Vermont and Connecticut as the gold standard but thats like using Sweden

The vaccines are 95% effective at preventing severe covid. So you may still get symptoms but it should keep most from getting severe and dying
So what if you’ve gotten Covid and didn’t experience symptoms at all? Your thoughts on still getting the stick?

Reactions: Jim in Scranton
I address it later on in the thread. But what others do in this situation affects me, you and everybody else
No it doesn’t, it just allows part of the government to continues to overreach and want to control us

Bs. The vaccine kills people. That's a fact. Stop being a bot. Think for yourself. Stop listening to daddy government.
I want to wade into this troll pond so bad but I’ve got a busy day. Just know you have taken the cake as the biggest dumb ass on this board. You can take that from a small government conservative who hates mask mandates and hopes no one is ever forced to be vaccinated. You just have to be a special type of idiot to believe the vaccine has done more harm than good.

My wife is a nurse, one of my best friends is an ER doctor. They see first hand what is going on but I guess you’re calling them liars, too? My boss is in his mid 50s and healthy and spent a week and a half in the ICU after downplaying COVID in the early stages of the virus. Is he a liar? Are the people who are barely able to breath, using their final breaths to beg for the vaccine liars?

When you say you KNOW the vaccine kills and you KNOW the virus isn’t serious, can you explain how you know these things? For every one article you can link about an individual with side effects unconfirmed to be related to the vaccine, I can provide 10 more of otherwise healthy people who have died from COVID.

Yeah, COVID has a relatively high survival rate for most people - of known cases 98.2% survive. But at this point it seems like most everyone will catch it at least once. So are you good knowing you have a 1.8% chance of dying in the next year? If not, you can all but eliminate that risk by taking the vaccine.

You seem to be having a rough go of it. Look man, you have stumbled on the MSNBC of Auburn boards. I’m surprised it has taken you 5 pages to figure it out. You will clap at them, the mob will clap at you, and it won’t end until you punt on this thread. You may enjoy the back and forth, and that’s fine, just know that you have a better chance of playing pickup sticks with your butt cheeks than convincing folks that the vaccine is anything less than the cure for all evil. They’d inject it into their unborn children if they could…
200.gif
I personally hope he soldiers on. I can almost feel some posters hyperventilating while reading this thread.

Reactions: hsvtiger34
It’s eye opening how stupid a large percent of the population is.

i have friends that make a ton of money in their career but say some of the oddest and most idiotic things about the vaccine and covid

Why get vaccinated when you can clean out the farm supply store’s stock of equine dewormer?

IFoLeKs.jpg
I got tagged in this so I will address some of it this morning before heading back into what feels like a war zone.

Our hospital system has given over 250,000 doses. We have had 8 admissions to the hospital with vaccine related reactions. 6 were discharged within 24 hours and were only observation stays. 1 was there for 3 days and the other one will likely be discharged in 2-3 days (she is on my service right now). We have had 0 deaths from the vaccine.

Our COVID census has went from 6 on July 10 to 124 as of yesterday. We are currently averaging 15 deaths per week. We are building a Covid unit in our parking garage. 63% of the hospital are COVID patients.

We have 37 in ICU with 33 on ventilators (aged 23-68–average age 48). We have 10 patients under the age of 40 on ventilators. We have 1 vaccinated patient in icu and they are only on BiPAP (not ventilator). We have had 0 vaccinated patients die (of COVID) at our hospital in the last month.
Thankz for all you do DOCK HICK!!!

You seem to be having a rough go of it. Look man, you have stumbled on the MSNBC of Auburn boards. I’m surprised it has taken you 5 pages to figure it out. You will clap at them, the mob will clap at you, and it won’t end until you punt on this thread. You may enjoy the back and forth, and that’s fine, just know that you have a better chance of playing pickup sticks with your butt cheeks than convincing folks that the vaccine is anything less than the cure for all evil. They’d inject it into their unborn children if they could…
200.gif
I’m interested in this pickup sticks game.

200.gif
I’m interested in this pickup sticks game.
I suspect you are more into Insert Sticks, which is a variation of the game…

Reactions: Mikecb22
Please keep my family in your prayers i am fixing to carry wife back to hospital her oxygen keeps dropping. My daughter seems better but still sick thank goodness i was vaccinated and only have mild symptoms.
PRAYERS UP for yore family Buddy!!

Reactions: stutsman23
Hundreds of millions of people have been vaccinated over the course of the last year between the trials and after it was released to the public. Very few serious side effects have been linked to the vaccine and zero deaths. Meanwhile, the vaccine has proven highly effective and is preventing 99% of deaths from a disease that was killing thousands of Americans every day when the vaccine was released. It's staggering that anyone could be dumb enough to think there's any question as to whether releasing the vaccine in an expedited manner was the right decision.

You've been yelling about side effects for 8 months or more. Can you guarantee any of the side effects you've been fretting about will materialize? How much longer will you keep this up before you admit you were wrong?

I've been saying for 8 months, that the new vaccines appear to be VERY safe in the short term. That has never been an issue. But it's sad that people like you constantly try to take that and stretch it in a deceptive manner to say that we know they are safe across the full-lifecycle, (i.e. in the mid-term and long-term too), when there is simply NO WAY to know that. It makes me cringe.

Anyone who is fair and honest should also admit that since we don't have any usage data for the mid-term or long-term., we cannot DEFINITIVELY say that they are guaranteed to be super safe in the future, (since it's just a fact that we can't know the future). I'm NOT trying to be slick, and cast FUD at all, but I do see quite a bit of FUD being used to manipulate folks into taking the vaccine. I simply feel it's not right and somewhat unethical to gloss over or hide such facts, just to get folks to take the vaccine.

My position is simple. I've been railing for us to stop using deceit, spun, one-sided fake news type propaganda to manipulate everyone into taking the vaccine under what is tantamount to false pretenses. I've strongly advocated for a change to an open, honest approach using full disclosure that provides objective information so that everyone can make an informed decision. THAT is the right thing to do whenever you have developed something new, unless you can guarantee that there will be no side effects. It's VERY hypocritical to use "follow the science" as your rallying cry, when you do so many things that aren't science at all, and use the type of extreme manipulation, peer pressure, Orwellian censorship and trickery instead of simply being honest. I really believe the leading authorities and agencies would eventually build trust, and have better results in the long run, by being open and honest, but even if they didn't, it's just the right thing to do. It's appalling to see so many scientists, researchers, and especially DOCTORS, lie, spin, manipulate and agree to operate to a "nobel lie". Does anyone take the Hippocratic oath seriously anymore???

It's sad that you've taken my simple position advocating that we should use full disclosure, and be open, honest and objective by providing balanced information to everyone, as some kind of threat and campaign against the new vaccines. Telling the truth, is NOT the same as ranting against the new vaccines. It really gives me great insight into how some of the greatest mistakes in human history were able to be pulled off through group think and clever manipulation. Even people who should know better will conform if the right buttons are pressed, and peer pressure is high enough.

So what if you’ve gotten Covid and didn’t experience symptoms at all? Your thoughts on still getting the stick?
I had asymptomatic Covid and tested positive for the antibodies. There is a big push obviously for people to get vaccinated even with natural immunity but there are studies that say the opposite as well…and even some medical experts who question what a vaccine could do negatively to someone who already had exposure.

I was listening to a podcast this weekend that led me to believe that people are starting to warm up to the idea that previous infections should count as effectively ‘vaccinated’. They floated the idea of showing proof of previous infection as one would show a vaccine card.

Full disclosure, I got vaccinated despite having natural immunity because of work. But, if not for work pressure, I would have never dreamed of getting vaxxed since I already had antibodies. There are medical experts with degrees just as advanced as those the government has chosen as mouthpieces who feel differently about all of this shit.

Reactions: Big Blue
No it doesn’t, it just allows part of the government to continues to overreach and want to control us
The government isn’t making my daycare shut down due to a COVID outbreak. That’s happening because a teacher brought it home to their unvaccinated husband who subsequently died. So to limit liability, and deaths, they’re taking the action they deem best. It has a significantly negative impact to my life since we now don’t have a child care provider for the 2 weeks they are closed.

That is one, very direct anecdote contrary to your comment.

But, more impactful, how about the thousands of people who have died from non-COVID related illnesses because hospitals were too overwhelmed with COVID patients? These total numbers won’t be known for years as the impacts of diverted checkups or cancer treatments will be felt for years to come. Is that the governments fault or the fault of those who have refused to be vaccinated and now represent 90+% of the hospitalized patients due to COVID?

Hundreds of millions of people have been vaccinated over the course of the last year between the trials and after it was released to the public. Very few serious side effects have been linked to the vaccine and zero deaths. Meanwhile, the vaccine has proven highly effective and is preventing 99% of deaths from a disease that was killing thousands of Americans every day when the vaccine was released. It's staggering that anyone could be dumb enough to think there's any question as to whether releasing the vaccine in an expedited manner was the right decision.

You've been yelling about side effects for 8 months or more. Can you guarantee any of the side effects you've been fretting about will materialize? How much longer will you keep this up before you admit you were wrong?

In an attempt to supply important information that is being hidden and glossed over, I've pointed out that we don't yet have any data for the mid-term and long-term, so we can't guarantee that there won't be a few kinks to work out, (which is typical for any new technology). That is not "fretting".

I have never remotely hinted that I can guarantee that we'll have problems, so it's silly and deceptive to position your question as if I have. However, most leading authorities have hinted and/or outright guaranteed that the new vaccines are 100% safe, and that's wrong. That's the key difference that you don't seem to understand.

Why would I admit I'm wrong in saying that the leading authorities should change to an approach of full disclosure, honesty and objectivity??? I earnestly, and honestly do not believe I'm wrong about that. It is the right thing to do, and the approach that would eventually build more trust for use in emergency situations.

The government isn’t making my daycare shut down due to a COVID outbreak. That’s happening because a teacher brought it home to their unvaccinated husband who subsequently died. So to limit liability, and deaths, they’re taking the action they deem best. It has a significantly negative impact to my life since we now don’t have a child care provider for the 2 weeks they are closed.

That is one, very direct anecdote contrary to your comment.

But, more impactful, how about the thousands of people who have died from non-COVID related illnesses because hospitals were too overwhelmed with COVID patients? These total numbers won’t be known for years as the impacts of diverted checkups or cancer treatments will be felt for years to come. Is that the governments fault or the fault of those who have refused to be vaccinated and now represent 90+% of the hospitalized patients due to COVID?
I have been in over 150 hospitals in this country during the pandemic. This hospital is overwhelmed stuff is false. Maybe smaller facilities where the nurses have quit due to not being paid properly and being asked or forced to work more shifts. We all have choices we make. There’s not a single person who has chosen to not get the vaccine that effects my life in anyway at all. The only thing that is a pain for me is wearing masks in airports and planes but that’s been going on for well over a year as dumb as it is.

I've been saying for 8 months, that the new vaccines appear to be VERY safe in the short term. That has never been an issue. But it's sad that people like you constantly try to take that and stretch it in a deceptive manner to say that we know they are safe across the full-lifecycle, (i.e. in the mid-term and long-term too), when there is simply NO WAY to know that. It makes me cringe.

Anyone who is fair and honest should also admit that since we don't have any usage data for the mid-term or long-term., we cannot DEFINITIVELY say that they are guaranteed to be super safe in the future, (since it's just a fact that we can't know the future). I'm NOT trying to be slick, and cast FUD at all, but I do see quite a bit of FUD being used to manipulate folks into taking the vaccine. I simply feel it's not right and somewhat unethical to gloss over or hide such facts, just to get folks to take the vaccine.

My position is simple. I've been railing for us to stop using deceit, spun, one-sided fake news type propaganda to manipulate everyone into taking the vaccine under what is tantamount to false pretenses. I've strongly advocated for a change to an open, honest approach using full disclosure that provides objective information so that everyone can make an informed decision. THAT is the right thing to do whenever you have developed something new, unless you can guarantee that there will be no side effects. It's VERY hypocritical to use "follow the science" as your rallying cry, when you do so many things that aren't science at all, and use the type of extreme manipulation, peer pressure, Orwellian censorship and trickery instead of simply being honest. I really believe the leading authorities and agencies would eventually build trust, and have better results in the long run, by being open and honest, but even if they didn't, it's just the right thing to do. It's appalling to see so many scientists, researchers, and especially DOCTORS, lie, spin, manipulate and agree to operate to a "nobel lie". Does anyone take the Hippocratic oath seriously anymore???

It's sad that you've taken my simple position advocating that we should use full disclosure, and be open, honest and objective by providing balanced information to everyone, as some kind of threat and campaign against the new vaccines. Telling the truth, is NOT the same as ranting against the new vaccines. It really gives me great insight into how some of the greatest mistakes in human history were able to be pulled off through group think and clever manipulation. Even people who should know better will conform if the right buttons are pressed, and peer pressure is high enough.
There is enough evidence to feel confident in the lack of any long term negative outcomes. mRNA is not new technology and has been in trials for years for other types of illnesses. You’re right, no one can predict the future, but there is no reason to believe there is long term risk associated with the vaccine. Therefore, your strategy which assumes a level of comprehension within a nuanced message on an already new, complicated and evolving issue that inevitably would create more confusion and fewer people taking the vaccine. That is exactly the outcome that would be harmful to our country and our citizens.

That doesn’t mean we should intentionally obfuscate information or risks. But, as I said, there is no reason to believe there are long term risks so no need to introduce an unsubstantiated fear.

Moderate to extreme side effects are rare regarding all active vaccinations. I don’t think anyone grew a tail or became delusional after the 1st flu vaccines were released in the 30s. Youre going to die of something but this vaccine pretty much guarantees you won’t die of covid next week.

I’ll add, Alabama has the most fast food restaurants of any state in the union. What are the side effects of guzzling hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup. The health contradiction is absurd.

Did you interpret that quote, or anything else I've said to indicate that I thought the new vaccines aren't safe in the short term??? If you did, you jumped to an incorrect conclusion.

Please let me know which of my actual statements led you to believe that.

No I am not. There is no doctor overwhelmed with anything. Nurses are making choreographed tiktoks. Nobody is even uncomfortable. Nobody has the sniffles. Maybe they can't taste or smell for a few days. But don't tell me anything about a virus with a 99.96% survival rate after demo5shoved elderly people on top of each other to try to spread the virus as fast as possible and told everyone to go to Chinatown.

As a nurse anesthetist dealing with this shit. Get fvcked.

I don’t want it, and it none of anyone’s business.

can you not read? i literally said if people don't want it i wish they would just say that (like you just did)...that's a better reason to me than some stupid ass excuse.

i'm not out here reading minds and knowing who's been vaxed or not...i can only respond to people who open their mouth...so if they gonna do that, save the stupidity and just say i don't want it.

it feels like anti-vax and not being able to read good go hand in hand after being part of this thread

I want to wade into this troll pond so bad but I’ve got a busy day. Just know you have taken the cake as the biggest dumb ass on this board. You can take that from a small government conservative who hates mask mandates and hopes no one is ever forced to be vaccinated. You just have to be a special type of idiot to believe the vaccine has done more harm than good.

My wife is a nurse, one of my best friends is an ER doctor. They see first hand what is going on but I guess you’re calling them liars, too? My boss is in his mid 50s and healthy and spent a week and a half in the ICU after downplaying COVID in the early stages of the virus. Is he a liar? Are the people who are barely able to breath, using their final breaths to beg for the vaccine liars?

When you say you KNOW the vaccine kills and you KNOW the virus isn’t serious, can you explain how you know these things? For every one article you can link about an individual with side effects unconfirmed to be related to the vaccine, I can provide 10 more of otherwise healthy people who have died from COVID.

Yeah, COVID has a relatively high survival rate for most people - of known cases 98.2% survive. But at this point it seems like most everyone will catch it at least once. So are you good knowing you have a 1.8% chance of dying in the next year? If not, you can all but eliminate that risk by taking the vaccine.
Who said the vaccine has done more harm than good? You libtards and yes you're a libtard, you libtards love putting words in people's mouths.

Look at this new silver member trying to prove the premise that post to like ratio is a good indicator of intellect.
I didn't say anything about post to like ratio... I'm talking about the vaccine killing people. At the very least it doesn't even work. Idkwtf you're talking about.

There is enough evidence to feel confident in the lack of any long term negative outcomes. mRNA is not new technology and has been in trials for years for other types of illnesses. You’re right, no one can predict the future, but there is no reason to believe there is long term risk associated with the vaccine. Therefore, your strategy which assumes a level of comprehension within a nuanced message on an already new, complicated and evolving issue that inevitably would create more confusion and fewer people taking the vaccine. That is exactly the outcome that would be harmful to our country and our citizens.

That doesn’t mean we should intentionally obfuscate information or risks. But, as I said, there is no reason to believe there are long term risks so no need to introduce an unsubstantiated fear.

G, under the definition we've always used for "new technology", the vaccines are new. We've always referred to drugs that were used by the masses for the first time, new, without trying to sneak in the years of R&D, and trials etc., as we're doing for the new vaccines. That's not honesty. The first time they are pushed out for use by the general public, and we start accruing massive amounts of usage data, we always refer to them as being new, otherwise, if the mRNA vaccines aren't new, we've never had a new drug. Even the drug companies themselves refer to them as novel vaccines, and our scientists and government were initially saying that they were based on "completely new technology" before the narrative was changed.

I've never used FUD to say that I thought there was a good chance that we'd experience issues in the future, but have only pointed out that we do not have data since so many were guaranteeing that the vaccines were 100% safe and effective, in contexts that included the mid-term and long-term. It's impossible to do real science, without data, or to guarantee that there won't be issues. That's just wrong.

You make some good points, but I've been VERY careful to provide balanced, objective information whenever I speak to anyone about it, so that they understand the relative risk in context. It would be wrong and highly hypocritical if I railed against the authorities for using FUD, and withholding information, and then turned around and provided one-sided information that only raised fears myself. I absolute do NOT do that. Thanks a ton for the mature, civil tone, and the great points.

I have been in over 150 hospitals in this country during the pandemic. This hospital is overwhelmed stuff is false. Maybe smaller facilities where the nurses have quit due to not being paid properly and being asked or forced to work more shifts. We all have choices we make. There’s not a single person who has chosen to not get the vaccine that effects my life in anyway at all. The only thing that is a pain for me is wearing masks in airports and planes but that’s been going on for well over a year as dumb as it is.

you do know that the hospitals being overwhelmed is fluid right? as in, no one has claimed they have been jammed up the entire pandemic...they are however beginning to fill up or are pretty full currently (ICU beds)

Reactions: jrodb24
It’s eye opening how stupid a large percent of the population is.

i have friends that make a ton of money in their career but say some of the oddest and most idiotic things about the vaccine and covid
And it’s truly sad that it is more than stupidity-they do not care about their fellow human beings

Reactions: JLEAGLE07
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT