ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Team Vax Rate?

If you walk away from Harsin's "no comment" thinking man, I really don't know if he's vaccinated or not - I hope you miss calls from "the IRS" and emails from Nigerian Princes
That's interesting, considering I've also declined to have that conversation on more than one occasion since I received the vaccine in January.

To provide the information to the players and let them make their own decisions based on that information and any other research they choose to do. To this point do you have any shred of evidence that CBH is not doing that?

No, it’s to win Fvcking football games.

what is really interesting is how folks are bent about a possible forfeit as opposed to the actual health of the players that are associated with "our" university as well as their freedom to make the health decision that is best for them and their families personally (which all of us had/have the freedom to make). bottom line is they made a decision as a team (CBH has put a lot of responsibility on the leaders of this team) to not make overall vax status (and all the politics around it) a public issue and that it would be an individual decision by each player and their parents. they are focused on football.

Under CBH's leadership, Dr Goodlett and his staff have provided and continue to provide a ton of information about the vaccines to every player as well as their parents so that they can make the best decision possible for themselves. This not about wins and losses or what fans think or don't think. CBH has told them he is going to treat them as grown men in all aspects of the program. Coming back and saying well I was going to treat you like a grown man and let you drive decisions but in this one instance I am gonna be your daddy and force you to get a vaccine cause the fans are scared to death we are going to forfeit games is ridiculous and goes against everything they stand for. And by the way, there are players parents who would be very against that stance as well.

AU fans need to get over themselves. IF AU ends up having to forfeit a game (which means they can't put enough dudes on the bus to actually play - which is highly highly unlikely no matter what their vax status is) it is what it is. get over it. try to find a way to enjoy life without wringing your hands over the vax status of a bunch of 20ish year olds playing a game
Wow great post. Wish others in this thread would read and think about it.

Reactions: rkrjr315
1. The mortality rate for college age people in the US is basically zero.
2. Even people that are vaccinated are catching it and spreading it.
3. So the only reason to be upset about this because you care more about the result of a football game than a person's freedom to make their own health choices.

i'm pro vax but i choose freedom of choice over winning football games

Someone who has a different opinion than you. The horror. And I have the vaccine, so we can avoid that talk.
Bless your heart if you think it is "my" opinion. It's the dominant opinion of public health officials, epidemiologists, virologists, etc around the world.

Harsin doesn't have an educated opinion, he has an ignorant view point

Reactions: SigBitty
Bless your heart if you think it is "my" opinion. It's the dominant opinion of public health officials, epidemiologists, virologists, etc around the world.

Harsin doesn't have an educated opinion, he has an ignorant view point
Old bitches and douche bags say “bless your heart”. I’ll just assume you’re old.

I'm I being trolled or are you really as dumb as you are currently acting.

This post may be the dumbest post I've seen on here in a long time.
So you feel entering the season below the 80% vaccination threshold is of no threat to Auburn this fall?

The vaccinated can still host the virus. It’s not a force-field.
From what I've read, the vaccine helps stop the virus from living and mutating in the vaccinated. @mrhickory probably can explain that better than I ever could, but my understanding is the vaccine would significantly reduce the number of hosts available.

Reactions: Piss Jug
It’s actually not an uninformed opinion at all. I’m sure Harsin has seen the stats on the vax. I’m also sure he sees how little of a threat COVID is to healthy people.

Can we please just stop fvcking talking about this? You guys are grown men worrying about what another grown man does. It’s pathetic. If it costs us a game then I’ll be there with you on the meltdown. Good thing it’s not going to. Covid’s over dude. Get over it. Stop worrying about other dudes lol
How can you say Covid is over when we know there are players missing practices because they tested positive?

Reactions: Piss Jug
Yes and Yes
angry-furious.gif

So you feel entering the season below the 80% vaccination threshold is of no threat to Auburn this fall?

It means we will be tested more regularly than other teams. We may or may not have players miss games due to Covid protocol. Same as other teams.

You and others act like this will guarantee that we will have a lot of players miss games.

How many guys missed last season due to Covid? What about basketball? What about baseball?

Reactions: Mikecb22
Saban and Smart would laugh their asses off at this thread. The commitment to winning at AU is lower than where they are at. They know it doesn’t matter if every fan of their programs is unvaccinated if they lose a game due to some players are out due to testing positive for Covid without symptoms.

It means we will be tested more regularly than other teams. We may or may not have players miss games due to Covid protocol. Same as other teams.

You and others act like this will guarantee that we will have a lot of players miss games.

How many guys missed last season due to Covid? What about basketball? What about baseball?
It puts our team at a greater risk than others in our conference. Seems like something our HC would want to square away to ensure it’s a non issue rather than just leave it to chance.

To me, the urgency with the vaccine is more about trying to reduce the number of people who can host the vaccine and allow it to mutate into another variant. It certainly helps protect people from the virus, and while college-aged kids are pretty low risk, unvaccinated kids are a decent sized population group that could allow this variant to mutate into another variant that's more resistant to a vaccine or a variant that is more effective towards younger kids, particularly those who aren't currently eligible for vaccines at all.
In before some idiot claims the vaccinated are the cause of the variants

You do understand that forfeiting a game is a decision only the school can make, right?

There is no forfeit requirement by the NCAA or SEC
I thought you had to have "x" percentage of your players available to keep from forfeiting. Wasn't it that way last year? I could've sworn it was. If it was that way last year did they change it this year?

It puts our team at a greater risk than others in our conference. Seems like something our HC would want to square away to ensure it’s a non issue rather than just leave it to chance.

Nothing he can do to make it a non issue. I'm sorry it upsets that he os providing his players all the data and then letting them make their on decisions.

But don't lat that continue to make idiotic comments like you have ITT

Reactions: rkrjr315
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT