ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP: Team Vax Rate?

I assume the big time boosters will not be happy with HARKINS if we have to forfeit. Not necessarily how I’d want my first year to go.

Reactions: Piss Jug
I assume the big time boosters will not be happy with HARKINS if we have to forfeit

You do understand that forfeiting a game is a decision only the school can make, right?

There is no forfeit requirement by the NCAA or SEC

I've been vaccinated since April. Of. A booster is recommended, I will take that as well. I hope everyone gets vaccinated.

Now if Harsin came out and said he wasn't vaccinated because of the stupid conspiracy theories (microchips, purposely reducing population, etc), I would openly mock him or anyone on the team who shared said opinion.
Totally agree and I'm the same as far as a booster. I still don't understand why people get bent out of shape over some 18-22 year old's making their own decisions? It's like some of these folks are going to be pissed if AU has to forfeit a game. It's a decision that should be left up to the individual, period.

Why? Is the only acceptable position in this situation to scream from the mountain tops that you're vaccinated? Because of one non-commital answer, you surmised and have formed an unfavorable opinion of him and assumed something that could be totally incorrect.

Apparently it is. Maybe he thought the question was inappropriate or dumb. Maybe he felt like trolling what’s her name that day.

Reactions: DufnerFanBoy
Someone that has an uninformed opinion that goes against the consensus of the medical field.
It’s actually not an uninformed opinion at all. I’m sure Harsin has seen the stats on the vax. I’m also sure he sees how little of a threat COVID is to healthy people.

Can we please just stop fvcking talking about this? You guys are grown men worrying about what another grown man does. It’s pathetic. If it costs us a game then I’ll be there with you on the meltdown. Good thing it’s not going to. Covid’s over dude. Get over it. Stop worrying about other dudes lol

Reactions: rkrjr315
Then how do we know he was? 🤔🤔🤔
Because the NCAA removed all COVID positive and non-vaccinated players and staff (whether positive or negative) from the dugout before that game was played. Avent stayed in the dugout and coached his team. So, either the NCAA decided Avent was above the rules they enforced on everyone else or Avent was vaccinated.

Reactions: AUJMac
Because the NCAA removed all COVID positive and non-vaccinated players and staff from the dugout before that game was played. Avent stayed in the dugout and coached his team. So, either the NCAA decided Avent was above the rules they enforced on everyone else or Avent was vaccinated.
Lol, I was joking. But didn't know that, thanks for the info.

• Love
Reactions: DufnerFanBoy
You do understand that forfeiting a game is a decision only the school can make, right?

There is no forfeit requirement by the NCAA or SEC
Yes, but if we're testing 3 times more often due to the team being under the vaccine benchmark set by the SEC, it opens the program up to a much higher possibility of player disqualification from COVID. Besides, a player is much less likely to catch and spread COVID if vaccinated.

Reactions: Piss Jug
Yes, but if we're testing 3 times more often due to the team being under the vaccine benchmark set by the SEC, it opens the program up to a much higher possibility of player disqualification from COVID. Besides, a player is much less likely to catch and spread COVID if vaccinated.

True. Not arguing that. But vaccinated players can still catch Covid and miss games, even at OM

1. The mortality rate for college age people in the US is basically zero.
2. Even people that are vaccinated are catching it and spreading it.
3. So the only reason to be upset about this because you care more about the result of a football game than a person's freedom to make their own health choices.

It’s actually not an uninformed opinion at all. I’m sure Harsin has seen the stats on the vax. I’m also sure he sees how little of a threat COVID is to healthy people.

Can we please just stop fvcking talking about this? You guys are grown men worrying about what another grown man does. It’s pathetic. If it costs us a game then I’ll be there with you on the meltdown. Good thing it’s not going to. Covid’s over dude. Get over it. Stop worrying about other dudes lol
It’s absolutely an uninformed opinion. A consensus of medical professionals recommends all individuals receive the vaccine unless a medical condition prevents them from doing so. And that group of individuals is a very very small minority

To provide the information to the players and let them make their own decisions based on that information and any other research they choose to do. To this point do you have any shred of evidence that CBH is not doing that?
Yes, a low vaccination rate compared to other SEC schools. But let’s try that again. What is Harsin’s job?

Oh then Gus did his job quite well. Why did we fire him again?

Because he lost 4 or more games for 7 years in a row, and allowed USCe and UTjr to end decades long losing streaks to AU when they were significantly inferior teams compared to Auburn

1. The mortality rate for college age people in the US is basically zero.
2. Even people that are vaccinated are catching it and spreading it.
3. So the only reason to be upset about this because you care more about the result of a football game than a person's freedom to make their own health choices.

To me, the urgency with the vaccine is more about trying to reduce the number of people who can host the vaccine and allow it to mutate into another variant. It certainly helps protect people from the virus, and while college-aged kids are pretty low risk, unvaccinated kids are a decent sized population group that could allow this variant to mutate into another variant that's more resistant to a vaccine or a variant that is more effective towards younger kids, particularly those who aren't currently eligible for vaccines at all.

Reactions: gatorz1209
Yes, a low vaccination rate compared to other SEC schools. But let’s try that again. What is Harsin’s job?
Wow so you think he's not providing the information to the players? Or are you implying the players aren't smart enough to make their own decisions?

Wow so you think he's not providing the information to the players? Or are you implying the players aren't smart enough to make their own decisions?
I think he has not emphasized it to the extent that other SEC coaches have. As evidence by his complete silence on the matter and our team’s much lower vaccination rate compared to our SEc neighbors.

Reactions: Stumpfan
Because he lost 4 or more games for 7 years in a row, and allowed USCe and UTjr to end decades long losing streaks to AU when they were significantly inferior teams compared to Auburn
Oh so it appears simply being AU’s coach isn’t Harsin’s job. Almost as if you’re trying to say that his job is to win football games. Interesting.

To me, the urgency with the vaccine is more about trying to reduce the number of people who can host the vaccine and allow it to mutate into another variant. It certainly helps protect people from the virus, and while college-aged kids are pretty low risk, unvaccinated kids are a decent sized population group that could allow this variant to mutate into another variant that's more resistant to a vaccine or a variant that is more effective towards younger kids, particularly those who aren't currently eligible for vaccines at all.
The vaccinated can still host the virus. It’s not a force-field.

Totally agree and I'm the same as far as a booster. I still don't understand why people get bent out of shape over some 18-22 year old's making their own decisions? It's like some of these folks are going to be pissed if AU has to forfeit a game. It's a decision that should be left up to the individual, period.
what is really interesting is how folks are bent about a possible forfeit as opposed to the actual health of the players that are associated with "our" university as well as their freedom to make the health decision that is best for them and their families personally (which all of us had/have the freedom to make). bottom line is they made a decision as a team (CBH has put a lot of responsibility on the leaders of this team) to not make overall vax status (and all the politics around it) a public issue and that it would be an individual decision by each player and their parents. they are focused on football.

Under CBH's leadership, Dr Goodlett and his staff have provided and continue to provide a ton of information about the vaccines to every player as well as their parents so that they can make the best decision possible for themselves. This not about wins and losses or what fans think or don't think. CBH has told them he is going to treat them as grown men in all aspects of the program. Coming back and saying well I was going to treat you like a grown man and let you drive decisions but in this one instance I am gonna be your daddy and force you to get a vaccine cause the fans are scared to death we are going to forfeit games is ridiculous and goes against everything they stand for. And by the way, there are players parents who would be very against that stance as well.

AU fans need to get over themselves. IF AU ends up having to forfeit a game (which means they can't put enough dudes on the bus to actually play - which is highly highly unlikely no matter what their vax status is) it is what it is. get over it. try to find a way to enjoy life without wringing your hands over the vax status of a bunch of 20ish year olds playing a game

Oh so it appears simply being AU’s coach isn’t Harsin’s job. Almost as if you’re trying to say that his job is to win football games. Interesting.

I'm I being trolled or are you really as dumb as you are currently acting.

This post may be the dumbest post I've seen on here in a long time.

• Haha
Reactions: AUJMac
I think he has not emphasized it to the extent that other SEC coaches have. As evidence by his complete silence on the matter and our team’s much lower vaccination rate compared to our SEc neighbors.
That's a very very broad brush assumption. But if you want to keep pushing that opinion go ahead.

Why? Is the only acceptable position in this situation to scream from the mountain tops that you're vaccinated? Because of one non-commital answer, you surmised and have formed an unfavorable opinion of him and assumed something that could be totally incorrect.
Yes and Yes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT