ADVERTISEMENT

***Updated***JGT thinks it’s a non-COVID VIRUS/bug. Bruce confirmed….Flanigan started feeling bad last night

If he’s postive he’s required to isolate. So that would include practice. Whether that isolation is just 5 days or something btwn 5 and 10 depends on his symptoms and test at the 5 day mark. Assuming the ncaa/auburn/sec rule follows the cdc.
Uh.. it’s not.. if positive it’s 5 days and then 5 days with a mask..

If you had the OG or Delta, are you still catching this version?

I know we had a few guys out with some version this summer.

If you had the OG or Delta, are you still catching this version?

I know we had a few guys out with some version this summer.

Yes. Double vaccinated or NI, you’re still getting infected. Should be very low severe disease with these groups though. Booster is helping avoid infection but not like it did with delta.

No they are not.
UAB IS LYING! I’m not going back and forth because I don’t want to make it political but UAB post their numbers every day. 124 Covid patients 85 not vaccinated, 25 Covid ICU and 21 not vaccinated, 10 patients on vents and 9 not vaccinated. The bright side to this is the ICU/Vent percentages as a whole are way down to the previous rises.

It’s spreading like wildfire here. We are all vaccinated and nobody seems to be overly sick with it. My pops is 73 with Parkinson’s but I haven’t been around him since the 30th so hopefully he didn’t/doesn’t catch it from us.
Being vaccinated don’t matter with Omincron.. but it’s no worse than a bad cold.. everyone is getting it, we all did over Christmas

Reactions: jeff1031
I think the problem with the hospitals as I understand it is that a ton of people are flooding the ERs but unlike last year at this time many fewer percentage wise are tending to need admission or even fewer ICU (almost all unvaccinated). There is still a problem because over jammed ERs mean ambulances get diverted and people with car accidents, strokes, etc, may not get care as Quickly as they need. Plus while the percentage of hospital and icu admissions is much lower than last year at this time, the number of patients is higher overall, So even a lower percentage still means lots of people gettimg
Admitted.

Being vaccinated don’t matter with Omincron.. but it’s no worse than a bad cold.. everyone is getting it, we all did over Christmas
It's no worse than a bad cold for most of us, but a Bunkerer just posted tonight about a family member who is about to pass from it. It's only a bad cold or the flu until it kills someone close to you.

Yea, I believe when they say for every reported case, there are 9 more unreported. We might be at 5-10 million a day right now. This is the first time it went thru family members at this rate. It’s nuts.
My thoughts and prayers go out to all the cases of sniffles in your home.

It's no worse than a bad cold for most of us, but a Bunkerer just posted tonight about a family member who is about to pass from it. It's only a bad cold or the flu until it kills someone close to you.
From Omincron? True.. There are rare exceptions to every illness

So with the updated title, I assume JGT said he didn't think it was covid on the drain. See no posts.

It could be the flu. Many test negative early on with omicron and then do the pcr comes back positive. Nephew just did this. He was 100% it was the flu when he tested negative at home then pcr came back positive days later.

It could be the flu. Many test negative early on with omicron and then do the pcr comes back positive. Nephew just did this. He was 100% it was the flu when he tested negative at home then pcr came back positive days later.
With Omincron the Viral load is usually not large enough to test positive until the second day ..

Are we required to test more than once.

Negative...let's call it a cold and move on.

Our vaccinated players are not being tested unless they are sick. That's a huge advantage for us over teams who are losing every unvaccinated player automatically when anyone tests positive.

Yeah, we don’t want to be Memphis (and I guess that is the case on many different levels).

If it’s COVID which I assume it is then he’ll be out Saturday. Got to hope that nobody else comes down with it

Edited: With JGT saying on the drain that he thinks it’s a non-COVID related sickness maybe we do see AF Saturday!
I was more worried it was his previously injured Achilles. Covid or flu, he’ll be back pretty soon. Achilles flair up or set back would be way worse.

I’ve got 5 positive in my house at the moment.
my suggestion ignore it and move on. treat it like the cold and move on. over christmas I spent the week with my daughter. they had it , we stayed there a week and had family over for christmas. 3 generations and multiple families spent time together . no masks , not distancing. we made the choice to live and enjoy our time together. some folks got it from that time some didn't just like every season under the sun. toady I am working at a house where everyone has it we are showing anyway. this is never going away

Bruce is intentionally letting the virus only infect one player at a time that way everyone will eventually have had it by March and we won’t be short handed
unless they get it again

my suggestion ignore it and move on. treat it like the cold and move on. over christmas I spent the week with my daughter. they had it , we stayed there a week and had family over for christmas. 3 generations and multiple families spent time together . no masks , not distancing. we made the choice to live and enjoy our time together. some folks got it from that time some didn't just like every season under the sun. toady I am working at a house where everyone has it we are showing anyway. this is never going away

Im out of my 5 day quarantine, but wife is not and the 3 kids have a required 10 day quarantine from school and sports.

I can ignore but those that I could have come in contact with might not be as lucky, so I’ll stick with the guidelines in attempt to keep those not as fortunate (healthy) around me from something more serious.

I appreciate you telling me what you’d do though.

Im out of my 5 day quarantine, but wife is not and the 3 kids have a required 10 day quarantine from school and sports.

I can ignore but those that I could have come in contact with might not be as lucky, so I’ll stick with the guidelines in attempt to keep those not as fortunate (healthy) around me from something more serious.

I appreciate you telling me what you’d do though.
no sweat but you aint helping anyone this thing is global now. every human on the planet will be exposed regularly, it is a fact of life . I hope you guys all get better soon and the symptoms are mild.

Reactions: AUfamily82
Uh.. it’s not.. if positive it’s 5 days and then 5 days with a mask..
I stand corrected, you are right.
I thought they were changing that to add a negative test but they didn’t. Ending iso at 5 days still requires no fever and symptoms improvement and continued mask wearing the latter of which would seem to be hard to reconcile with Bball.

Reactions: autiger8820
The flu is definitely roaming around as well. At work we had half our labor call out last two weeks. We were worried it was all Covid but about half of the callouts were a 36 hour flu bug

Reactions: stutsman23
I stand corrected, you are right.
I thought they were changing that to add a negative test but they didn’t. Ending iso at 5 days still requires no fever and symptoms improvement and continued mask wearing the latter of which would seem to be hard to reconcile with Bball.
I only know that bc we just had a company meeting on it

Don’t know if this is the case with Flanny, but I know a few people that have come down with the flu recently. Seems like that is heating up again.

so would you rather have the flu or omicron....at this point I think I take omicron....

I still have your statements from March 2020 screen shotted. You need to never speak of COVID again. A lot of people died — counter to what you guaranteed.

Our vaccinated players are not being tested unless they are sick. That's a huge advantage for us over teams who are losing every unvaccinated player automatically when anyone tests positive.

This is yet another example of policy being set based on REALLY poor science, (and actually, it's not science at all).

Of course, the goal was to incent as many people as possible to get the new vaccines, but when we started basing policy on allowing folks into mass spreading events such as concerts and sporting events, and determining which players could so, or would have to miss games, it is full on lunacy.

We know scientifically that fully vaccinated can maintain significant viral load that allows the virus to mutate, and spread COVID to others, so all public policy should reflect this. We allowed two sets of rules earlier, and it helped lead to the huge Delta surge that overran our ERs and hospitals, and even though the misinformation and lies have been debunked and proven through science, we still have policies that allow two equally infectious people to be managed differently. One can continue playing just due to vaxx status, and the other has to sit. That seems to be a bit illogical if we're really "following the science".

It’s spreading like wildfire here. We are all vaccinated and nobody seems to be overly sick with it. My pops is 73 with Parkinson’s but I haven’t been around him since the 30th so hopefully he didn’t/doesn’t catch it from us.

It's CRAZY infectious. Seems that all you have to do is walk by someone and BAM, you get popped. A group of guys that I hang with got together over the Holidays....OUTSIDE, socially distanced, with good air movement, and I believe I'm the only one that hasn't tested positive. Just crazy. Family all over the country is being LIT up with new reports coming in every other day it seems.

From Omincron? True.. There are rare exceptions to every illness

We cannot sit back and ASSUME that every case is Omicron. Unless there was specific testing done for a specific patient, there is no way to know for certain which strain they have. Folks get caught up in the media misinformation, but Delta and the other strains didn't just fall off of the face of the earth in a single day or week. If I had to guess, I think it's likely that most of the severe cases, hospitalizations and death are more likely to be Delta infections, not Omicron.

That same poster has now said someone else connected with his family is on a vent and about to die from COVID. If it really is Omicron, it's a super, duper rare occurrence to know two or more people who died, or are about to die from this particular strain.

We cannot sit back and ASSUME that every case is Omicron. Unless there was specific testing done for a specific patient, there is no way to know for certain which strain they have. Folks get caught up in the media misinformation, but Delta and the other strains didn't just fall off of the face of the earth in a single day or week. If I had to guess, I think it's likely that most of the severe cases, hospitalizations and death are more likely to be Delta infections, not Omicron.

That same poster has now said someone else connected with his family is on a vent and about to die from COVID. If it really is Omicron, it's a super, duper rare occurrence to know two or more people who died, or are about to die from this particular strain.
Agreed we shouldn’t assume it’s Omicron that’s killing folks. Not smart to just assume it’s gonna be no more than the sniffles either. No matter the strain, it seems to fvck with some folks more severely than others, so the “everybody just needs to get it and move on with their lives” (not you) crowd always sound pretty dumb IMO.

Agreed we shouldn’t assume it’s Omicron that’s killing folks. Not smart to just assume it’s gonna be no more than the sniffles either. No matter the strain, it seems to fvck with some folks more severely than others, so the “everybody just needs to get it and move on with their lives” (not you) crowd always sound pretty dumb IMO.

Agreed. Any novel virus, (especially one that might have been engineered and is as weird as this one), definitely shouldn't be taken lightly, nor should we manage it based on ASSumptions. That's really bad science.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT