ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Covid doubters (non-political)

I would not argue that Covid is more contagious than the flu, what I would argue is the validity of the numbers we are given.

Fact is those pushing those numbers have personal agendas driven to force them to”misstate” the numbers.

Ther is no way that the flu was eradicated because of Covid or the simple wearing of mask, IF mask were the sole answer to eradicating the flu the flu would not have existed in Asia since around 2002 when it bacame common practice to wear mask by all.
I think the fact that most people weren’t around others and spent the year mostly at home or at home/work without hanging out in large groups etc. had a lot more to do with it. Then again, that’s just one mans opinion. I find it silly that people don’t think all the actions taken to combat Covid didn’t significantly impact the flu numbers as well, but to each his own.

My only problem with any of this is the lamentations over health care capacity as if it were static. It was alarmist, overly dramatic bullshit. Where there is demand, there will always be supply. God forbid people do their jobs.

@AU_Panther , thick and red. Just like you likem. Me too, btw
2749dd7d6ab86e48935c167c3e2d4703.jpg

xKjM7qz.jpg

tumblr_perl9uPqIY1ttq98lo1_1280.jpg

I was actually wondering last night...has anyone in our armed services died from C19? Just curious

COVID-19 Deaths In The DoD:

DoD-connected personnel who have died from COVID-19 at press time:

• 24 military deaths (up from 21)
  • 11 dependent deaths (up from 10)
  • 211 civilian deaths (up from 182)
  • 71 contractor deaths (up from 64)

Don’t quarantine the healthy. Keep all business in every state open. Allow people to make their own decisions. If people want to shelter in place, that’s their prerogative.
I was healthy af and lived my life like complete normal. And on a Friday realized I had Covid, didn’t know I had been contagious the entire week, gave it to my family, my kids gave it to children in their daycare, those kids gave it to their parents, and so on. I also gave it to my elderly in laws that had (and still are having) a very rough time with it.

Felt as good that entire week as I do today. Never had a fever. Never showed a single symptom outside of a very brief and very mild headache.

For those that think the Covid numbers are inflated; what do you think the motivation is for that? Also, how do you reconcile that numbers of severe cases have been recorded worldwide?

I know that some people still don’t think that Covid is any more severe than the flu based on the lowered overall death rate, but I think they really believe that the numbers are inflated and manipulated by medical professionals. How and why?

It's more so that I'm not going to freak out over covid or the flu when there is a 99% chance that even IF I do catch it, I will be just fine

It sucks that people are dying. My grandmother died of covid but I'm still not going to hide in my basement. Life is for living.

BTW I'm getting my government tracker, I mean vaccine, in about 2 hours

A lot of people can’t think.

Not only a lot, but a surprisingly high number.

These same people don’t even try to thing.

they theorize without think.

Thus......
I kinda think this is a little extreme. My brother in laws parents both went through this. Father in law is in health decline, but mil in good health, except heart. Long story made short, they found mil passed out in floor and took to hospital. She later died and the family knew it was her heart. The hospital said it was Covid, however she was never tested. The family still questions and they have joined the skeptics. I can see some the skeptics points.

I was healthy af and lived my life like complete normal. And on a Friday realized I had Covid, didn’t know I had been contagious the entire week, gave it to my family, my kids gave it to children in their daycare, those kids gave it to their parents, and so on. I also gave it to my elderly in laws that had (and still are having) a very rough time with it.

Felt as good that entire week as I do today. Never had a fever. Never showed a single symptom outside of a very brief and very mild headache.
Sorry to hear. But again, if the elderly are worried about catching it, they should stay home. Sounds like the rest of the bunch now have the antibodies and have helped improve herd immunity

Sorry to hear. But again, if the elderly are worried about catching it, they should stay home. Sounds like the rest of the bunch now have the antibodies and have helped improve herd immunity
I mean, that’s exactly what we’ve done for an entire year now. Elderly that’s worried about catching it have stayed home. The other group that dgaf and didn’t believe in it didn’t stay at home because it’s “just the flu”. Then they catch it, battle it, and die. And the deaths pile up and our country has nothing else to do but take more prolonged and drastic measures. This in turn effects everything including our economy. Round and round we go and it’s exactly where we’re at today.

Reactions: OrigAUgirl
I know I am sick of COVID. Sick of hearing about it, talking about it, dealing with it. Now I am mad at myself for posting about it. I will be glad to see life return to normal this summer.

“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.”

I do think the numbers are inflated. It's the American way to have our statistics to be inflated in a negative as much as possible. Most other countries try to downplay these sort of things. But American politics always tries to throw in as much fear factor as possible. And things are often exagerated.

I'm not trying to downplay covid, or say it's not dangerous or anything stupid like that. I'm just saying there's no way there's been zero ****ery with covid statistics. Not to mention there is no way early covid numbers were handled with extreme integrity. Like, how could they have even gone and confirmed every body as having truly died from covid, before we even had covid tests. The numbers will at least be naturally infalted from this kind of crap.

“There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics.”

I do think the numbers are inflated. It's the American way to have our statistics to be inflated in a negative as much as possible. Most other countries try to downplay these sort of things. But American politics always tries to throw in as much fear factor as possible. And things are often exagerated.

I'm not trying to downplay covid, or say it's not dangerous or anything stupid like that. I'm just saying there's no way there's been zero ****ery with covid statistics. Not to mention there is no way early covid numbers were handled with extreme integrity. Like, how could they have even gone and confirmed every body as having truly died from covid, before we even had covid tests. The numbers will at least be naturally infalted from this kind of crap.

Not to mention you’re mostly relying on government employees and state departments of health for reporting. You know those are fcked.

I would not argue that Covid is more contagious than the flu, what I would argue is the validity of the numbers we are given.

Fact is those pushing those numbers have personal agendas driven to force them to”misstate” the numbers.

Ther is no way that the flu was eradicated because of Covid or the simple wearing of mask, IF mask were the sole answer to eradicating the flu the flu would not have existed in Asia since around 2002 when it bacame common practice to wear mask by all.
Yep. And where do we all think Fauxci and other experts came up with their 'masks aren't necessary' for COVID at the very beginning? It's because they have been studying them regarding the flu, and determined they didn't stop the spread of it.

Wouldn't that concern us if they KNEW it stopped the spread of the flu, and let tens of thousands of Americans die from it each year?

And the deaths pile up and our country has nothing else to do but take more prolonged and drastic measures.
ignoring the data that strongly leans to showing these measures were largely ineffective?
don’t believe me? Check out data on states that went “drastic” and states that did not. Should be huge difference, but alas, the fear doesn’t change the facts.
shutdowns were power and wealth transfer, with a large measure of fear pron added in to get compliance. Nothing more

Yep. And where do we all think Fauxci and other experts came up with their 'masks aren't necessary' for COVID at the very beginning? It's because they have been studying them regarding the flu, and determined they didn't stop the spread of it.

Wouldn't that concern us if they KNEW it stopped the spread of the flu, and let tens of thousands of Americans die from it each year?
Fauci is a lying POS who ought to be in prison. The rest of your post doesn't make a lot of sense. Nobody with any reasoning believes or has proposed that masking and social distancing can absolutely stop the flu or any other pandemic. They absolutely reduce the spread. How could they not? Further, even if the measures we have taken this past year could practically eliminate the flu, we couldn't do it. We shouldn't do it. Despite the possibility of saving thousands of lives, it wouldn't be worth it. Just look at the cost of what we have done this past year. It is still a question whether the lockdowns were worth it even for COVID, which is much more deadly than the flu. We may yet find that the long-term consequences of our societal reaction to COVID may have cost as many lives as it possibly saved.

That said, let's pretend for a moment that the low number of flu cases/deaths that have been reported this season is all fake news. Let's further pretend that it was actually a terribly bad flu season with 100K unreported flu deaths, which would be the highest number of U.S. flu deaths in over fifty years. Let's also pretend that all of those flu deaths were mistakenly (or deliberately) reported as COVID deaths. That still would leave over 400K deaths due to COVID. That is a huge number of deaths and indicative of the worst pandemic in this country in a hundred years since the Spanish flu pandemic after WWI. It utterly amazing that there are people still trying to minimize this virus and pandemic and acting like COVID is no worse than the flu.

There is no doubt that this pandemic has been politicized. There is no doubt that certain segments of our government have used the pandemic to try and control our citizens and deprive us of our essential liberties. We should fight against that, but that doesn't mean we have to bury our heads in the sand, lose our minds, and disconnect from reality. The virus is real. The pandemic is real.

For those that think the Covid numbers are inflated; what do you think the motivation is for that? Also, how do you reconcile that numbers of severe cases have been recorded worldwide?

I know that some people still don’t think that Covid is any more severe than the flu based on the lowered overall death rate, but I think they really believe that the numbers are inflated and manipulated by medical professionals. How and why?
Wrong board but I will try and only state the obvious. We have never tested asymptotic people before fir either cases or the purpose of determining cod. This is new

Reactions: rampage41
Fauci is a lying POS who ought to be in prison. The rest of your post doesn't make a lot of sense. Nobody with any reasoning believes or has proposed that masking and social distancing can absolutely stop the flu or any other pandemic. They absolutely reduce the spread. How could they not? Further, even if the measures we have taken this past year could practically eliminate the flu, we couldn't do it. We shouldn't do it. Despite the possibility of saving thousands of lives, it wouldn't be worth it. Just look at the cost of what we have done this past year. It is still a question whether the lockdowns were worth it even for COVID, which is much more deadly than the flu. We may yet find that the long-term consequences of our societal reaction to COVID may have cost as many lives as it possibly saved.

That said, let's pretend for a moment that the low number of flu cases/deaths that have been reported this season is all fake news. Let's further pretend that it was actually a terribly bad flu season with 100K unreported flu deaths, which would be the highest number of U.S. flu deaths in over fifty years. Let's also pretend that all of those flu deaths were mistakenly (or deliberately) reported as COVID deaths. That still would leave over 400K deaths due to COVID. That is a huge number of deaths and indicative of the worst pandemic in this country in a hundred years since the Spanish flu pandemic after WWI. It utterly amazing that there are people still trying to minimize this virus and pandemic and acting like COVID is no worse than the flu.

There is no doubt that this pandemic has been politicized. There is no doubt that certain segments of our government have used the pandemic to try and control our citizens and deprive us of our essential liberties. We should fight against that, but that doesn't mean we have to bury our heads in the sand, lose our minds, and disconnect from reality. The virus is real. The pandemic is real.
A lot to unpack here. But your first sentence is correct, and your last one is too.

Most overlooked fact IMHO...
And yet, no matter the thousands of different reactions to how to handle COVID there are on Earth, the flu is gone. Explain how no mask and opened up Florida hasn't seen the flu in over a year? Why hasn't Sweden gotten slammed by it? It literally doesn't make sense.

Reactions: brazilnut
And yet, no matter the thousands of different reactions to how to handle COVID there are on Earth, the flu is gone. Explain how no mask and opened up Florida hasn't seen the flu in over a year? Why hasn't Sweden gotten slammed by it? It literally doesn't make sense.

Vitamin D...

FL gets a lot naturally due to geography.

Sweden and the other nordic countries have a vitamin D fortification program.

Vitamin D...

FL gets a lot naturally due to geography.

Sweden and the other nordic countries have a vitamin D fortification program.
So, Vitamin D helped eradicate the flu in those places this year, but not in the past?

I saw a lot of masks when I was in Florida a few weeks ago. No mandates doesn't mean they are behaving as if no pandemic is going on. I'll be honest, I think the flu numbers are weird, too. Even with our measures going on, I wouldn't have expected them this low. But I think it's pretty reasonable to think that increased social distancing and masks have had a significant effect. Is there more going on? Who knows. Maybe it was on track to be a very mild flu season anyway and it was a perfect storm with the other measures going on. Either way, I'm glad we didn't have a heavy flu season on top of a pandemic. I know at least the hospital here was absolutely slammed December and January. Flu on top of it would have been awful.

Reactions: Jim in Scranton
So, Vitamin D helped eradicate the flu in those places this year, but not in the past?

No...just noting why they handle the flu overall better in general. They (sweden) recognize the fact they live in an area that has sun issues most of the year, so they force supplementation of vit d.

Probably also a reason their case fatality rate is low despite the lack of precautions taken for covid.

It's more so that I'm not going to freak out over covid or the flu when there is a 99% chance that even IF I do catch it, I will be just fine

It sucks that people are dying. My grandmother died of covid but I'm still not going to hide in my basement. Life is for living.

BTW I'm getting my government tracker, I mean vaccine, in about 2 hours
No offense intended, but what is it that makes you special so that the gov't would even want to track you? I am certain I'm nothing special ( except to my mom ) and that the gov't doesn't see any need to track me unless it is the IRS.

Reactions: PocketWatch
I saw a lot of masks when I was in Florida a few weeks ago. No mandates doesn't mean they are behaving as if no pandemic is going on. I'll be honest, I think the flu numbers are weird, too. Even with our measures going on, I wouldn't have expected them this low. But I think it's pretty reasonable to think that increased social distancing and masks have had a significant effect. Is there more going on? Who knows. Maybe it was on track to be a very mild flu season anyway and it was a perfect storm with the other measures going on. Either way, I'm glad we didn't have a heavy flu season on top of a pandemic. I know at least the hospital here was absolutely slammed December and January. Flu on top of it would have been awful.
I find it incredibly hard to believe that the flu disappeared off the face of the earth because of masks and social distancing, amd yet COVID ravaged. I could be absolutely wrong, but there has to be another explanation. Maybe if it were still prevalent in places like India or Africa, we could say that. But it’s gone there too. It’s crazy.

Reactions: rampage41
No offense intended, but what is it that makes you special so that the gov't would even want to track you? I am certain I'm nothing special ( except to my mom ) and that the gov't doesn't see any need to track me unless it is the IRS.
I bet he has a cell phone.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that the flu disappeared off the face of the earth because of masks and social distancing, amd yet COVID ravaged. I could be absolutely wrong, but there has to be another explanation. Maybe if it were still prevalent in places like India or Africa, we could say that. But it’s gone there too. It’s crazy.

This is just anecdotal, but maybe more people are getting the flu vaccine. I know a lot of people who are avid anti-flu vaxxers who got the flu vaccine this season. The CDC website says that 193 million flu vaccines were given this season, compared to 175 million last season.

ADVERTISEMENT