ADVERTISEMENT

Question for Covid doubters (non-political)

AU_Panther

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Aug 6, 2008
Atlanta, GA
For those that think the Covid numbers are inflated; what do you think the motivation is for that? Also, how do you reconcile that numbers of severe cases have been recorded worldwide?

I know that some people still don’t think that Covid is any more severe than the flu based on the lowered overall death rate, but I think they really believe that the numbers are inflated and manipulated by medical professionals. How and why?

For those that think the Covid numbers are inflated; what do you think the motivation is for that? Also, how do you reconcile that numbers of severe cases have been recorded worldwide?

I know that some people still don’t think that Covid is any more severe than the flu based on the lowered overall death rate, but I think they really believe that the numbers are inflated and manipulated by medical professionals. How and why?
tenor.gif

A lot of people can’t think.

Not only a lot, but a surprisingly high number.

These same people don’t even try to think.

they theorize without thinking.

Thus......

Last edited:

giphy.gif

People who don’t think COVID is more severe than the flu are dumb, ignorant, or both.

Two thing influence people to do things they normally wouldn't do. They are sex and money. It has to be sex.
I see mistakes made with data compilation or lack there of due to laziness a lot. If double checking numbers is difficult and doesn’t help you cause your more likely to scream about trust. Not debunking your own data is religious not scientific.

Whether you choose to believe it or not, this article addresses your question. It would be about money.

I didn't know Parler still existed.

But I'm sure you have these scientific reports available that say exactly that?

Maybe give this a read.

“If the wearing of masks was capable of almost entirely removing influenza from circulation, as has been observed, then this approach would also eliminate SARS-CoV-2.”

This guy is wrong if he is claiming that NPI cannot be responsible for a reduction (even a very large one) in influenza cases this season. His argument about viral size is downright silly and comparable to the “if it can’t stop a fart” arguments. Wearing masks and social distancing do not prevent infection, but they do reduce viral transmissibility, whether the virus is influenza or coronavirus or adenoviruses. Since SARS-CoV2 is much more infectious and deadly than the flu, it should not be surprising that measures that reduce COVID show up much more for a virus that is much less virulent. Also, and this is only anecdotal, I know of two people who have had COVID and influenza at the same time. This causes me to wonder whether there could be cases like that where patients test positive and are treated for COVID who might also have had the flu but were not even tested for it because COVID is the prime concern.

But regardless, the “competitive or cooperative forms of pathogen–pathogen interactions” also could be occurring. Just based on other biological phenomena, it would be surprising if they were not occurring. However, even if they are, masking and social distancing clearly reduce the number of infections. If not, I guess we have all been lied to for decades when told to cover our coughs and sneezes to help prevent the spread of colds and flu.

I assume you mean for older people, but it most certainly isn't more severe for children and most people under the age of 50.
It is more severe period. Old people actually count in the statistics. It also isn’t very easy to segment a portion of the population by age and comorbidities in reacting to the pandemic. I do wish we had tried that approach. It might have saved lives overall and prevented a lot of economic ruin, but maybe that is a case of hindsight.

It is more severe period. Old people actually count in the statistics. It also isn’t very easy to segment a portion of the population by age and comorbidities in reacting to the pandemic. I do wish we had tried that approach. It might have saved lives overall and prevented a lot of economic ruin, but maybe that is a case of hindsight.
If by “more severe”, you mean more contagious, I agree with you.

“If the wearing of masks was capable of almost entirely removing influenza from circulation, as has been observed, then this approach would also eliminate SARS-CoV-2.”

This guy is wrong if he is claiming that NPI cannot be responsible for a reduction (even a very large one) in influenza cases this season. His argument about viral size is downright silly and comparable to the “if it can’t stop a fart” arguments. Wearing masks and social distancing do not prevent infection, but they do reduce viral transmissibility, whether the virus is influenza or coronavirus or adenoviruses. Since SARS-CoV2 is much more infectious and deadly than the flu, it should not be surprising that measures that reduce COVID show up much more for a virus that is much less virulent. Also, and this is only anecdotal, I know of two people who have had COVID and influenza at the same time. This causes me to wonder whether there could be cases like that where patients test positive and are treated for COVID who might also have had the flu but were not even tested for it because COVID is the prime concern.

But regardless, the “competitive or cooperative forms of pathogen–pathogen interactions” also could be occurring. Just based on other biological phenomena, it would be surprising if they were not occurring. However, even if they are, masking and social distancing clearly reduce the number of infections. If not, I guess we have all been lied to for decades when told to cover our coughs and sneezes to help prevent the spread of colds and flu.

I would not argue that Covid is more contagious than the flu, what I would argue is the validity of the numbers we are given.

Fact is those pushing those numbers have personal agendas driven to force them to”misstate” the numbers.

Ther is no way that the flu was eradicated because of Covid or the simple wearing of mask, IF mask were the sole answer to eradicating the flu the flu would not have existed in Asia since around 2002 when it bacame common practice to wear mask by all.

I think it’s a real virus, but here in the UK, for example, their death total is calculated as people who have died within 28 days of being Covid positive. Not died OF Covid necessarily, but simply died within almost a month of being found to have Covid. Odd way to calculate a number that people who aren’t paying attention will assume is people who died OF Covid.

I believe the numbers are inflated but it is still a very serious virus that people should be cautious of. I do think we should open up more. People just need to be smart and unfortunately there are bozos who are not smart about it. I’m not even talking about masks just don’t get up in someone’s face. I didn’t like strangers getting close to me before the pandemic and I certainly don’t now

I believe the numbers are inflated but it is still a very serious virus that people should be cautious of. I do think we should open up more. People just need to be smart and unfortunately there are bozos who are not smart about it. I’m not even talking about masks but don’t get up in someone’s face. I didn’t like strangers getting close to me before the pandemic and I certainly don’t now
Don’t quarantine the healthy. Keep all business in every state open. Allow people to make their own decisions. If people want to shelter in place, that’s their prerogative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT