ADVERTISEMENT

Kay Ivey- Blame the Unvaccinated

Man, it was a LOT. At one time. And then more off and on over the next 4 years. I was very reluctant in the beginning to get the vaccine, as was my wife(the MD), before it was released. But, after doing some reading and my girl(and thousands of other doctors) doing their homework, it wasn't even a decision. But, here we go with my societal pet peeve- POLITICS. People just will not fukkin stop watching all of that meaningless, irrelevant garbage. They turn to conspiracy theories, doctors on the fringe with sketchy pasts looking to become relevant to someone- anyone who will listen, and political opinion shows to help make up their minds. Here in Alabama, it’s even more so. I guess our population is generally a little slower in the intelligence category. The solution to this problem is right here in front of us. Its free, easily accessible, quick, relatively painless and insurance is not required.

At this point, i don't think there is anything that can be done to convince people to get vaccinated. We’re too far gone. Sadly, the only thing I think will convince people to do it is a LOT more people are gonna have to die, or survive and have to deal with the long term health effects of getting it. Its going to take people watching a loved one- wife, brother, sister, mother, father, their kid, or best friend die laying on their stomachs with tubes running down their throats. Then they can wonder if they gave it to them and contributed to their loved one’s death. But, make no mistake, its gonna take death (and a lot more of it)that hits close to home to convince some people.
well put SHORTS, only thing i will add is that if anyone is concerned they should talk to their doctor about it. if they cant convince you i dont think anyone on this message board or even a football coach will

Reactions: SH0RTS
I dont get the fear of the virus but I really don't understand the fear of the vaccine. How many shots did uncle Sam stick in you without asking. Those afraid to get the shot are cowards

Or..., you're one of the many who don't realize that these new vaccines are drastically different than the old, tried and true vaccine technology, so people are doing a bit more due diligence same as intelligent, informed folks do with any new drug.

The fact that the leading authorities have taken a manipulative, semi-surreptitious approach, instead of using full disclosure, honesty etc., is only leading to more distrust. Lastly, if they simply offer another vaccine option built on the classical vaccine technology, we might already have reached herd immunity by now. They need to think and realize that using fake news, marketing tricks and deceit are never the best way to go about these things.

They have ramped up the peer pressure technique, and old Mama Katie isn't handling that pressure well.

Well one thing she is not wrong about is the data. Well over 90 percent of the people that are sick enough to be admitted to the hospital with COVID and die are unvaccinated.

Is this really news to ANYBODY??? Did anyone at all, expect the rates to be anywhere close to the same? And honestly, if they were, we still wouldn't know about it. The "data" and "stats" published would still show that the new vaccines were really knocking it out of the park.

Reactions: Marshall Dillon
With mutations and other factors, the vaccines are more like 90% effective. As far as preventing hospitalization and death, even higher than that. A couple of years from now, COVID will get about as much attention as the flu. Or at least that is how it should be if the POS news media will just let it go. It really should be a non story right now. If you don't want to get sick, get the vaccine. Everybody should go about their business. No masks. No distancing. No restrictions. Yes, people will get sick and die, but almost solely the unvaccinated and by their personal choice. Those who are vaccinated don't need to worry about it. All the talk about boosters and COVID forever and the unvaccinated causing mutations and risks to others is just a boondoggle. This thing is over if we will let it be. The vaccines ended it for everyone who cares. Now it is all politics, agenda, and control.
Agree completely

Reactions: Big Blue
With mutations and other factors, the vaccines are more like 90% effective. As far as preventing hospitalization and death, even higher than that. A couple of years from now, COVID will get about as much attention as the flu. Or at least that is how it should be if the POS news media will just let it go. It really should be a non story right now. If you don't want to get sick, get the vaccine. Everybody should go about their business. No masks. No distancing. No restrictions. Yes, people will get sick and die, but almost solely the unvaccinated and by their personal choice. Those who are vaccinated don't need to worry about it. All the talk about boosters and COVID forever and the unvaccinated causing mutations and risks to others is just a boondoggle. This thing is over if we will let it be. The vaccines ended it for everyone who cares. Now it is all politics, agenda, and control.

Just file it away for future consideration, but do ask those types of questions, e.g. "why are they driving this particular thing almost as if the survival of the human species depended on it", when we've faced MUCH more virulent pathogens throughout the history of mankind, and NEVER responded to them like this before. This weird little monster is a bad boy that needs to be managed, but it's certainly not a combination of measles, Ebola and Bubonic plague.

In isolation, some of these inconsistencies and slight head scratchers mean little to nothing, but if folks like you start taking note, asking yourself intelligent questions on things that are a bit quizzical; once you consider them all together, you'll start drawing some pictures and other things will come into focus. I'm not overly concerned, but I do try to take these types of notes and make those types of considerations.

I do believe that it's a bit more involved, than just personal choice. I just can't fully condemn folks in this situation since the options were unnecessarily narrowed, and the ones that were chosen, and one that is really being pushed, is completely new.

By the very definition of "risk management", once one acknowledges that any new drug or medical technology carries more risk than old, tried and true technology, you can't blame folks for using enough due diligence to vet the new technology and calculate their own risk/reward ratio for the new drug/procedure et. al.

Due to this, I just can't slam folks since there is more risk. If they would simply offer another vaccine option built on the old, tried and true vaccine technology, I'd be all on board that the risk/reward for almost everyone would be heavily skewed towards "all benefit", with very little risk involved.

We’re still talking about people not taking (not giving their kids) the measles vaccine … and it debuted in 1963. Don’t get your hopes up.

I don't think you can lump in people who want to use more due diligence for these new vaccines, with true kooks and anti-vaxxer types, (or those who've had kids, or known of others who had serious issues from vaccines). Some of them will never trust vaccines again.

Please see the post I just made right above to Big Blue.

Just file it away for future consideration, but do ask those types of questions, e.g. "why are they driving this particular thing almost as if the survival of the human species depended on it", when we've faced MUCH more virulent pathogens throughout the history of mankind, and NEVER responded to them like this before. This weird little monster is a bad boy that needs to be managed, but it's certainly not a combination of measles, Ebola and Bubonic plague.

In isolation, some of these inconsistencies and slight head scratchers mean little to nothing, but if folks like you start taking note, asking yourself intelligent questions on things that are a bit quizzical; once you consider them all together, you'll start drawing some pictures and other things will come into focus. I'm not overly concerned, but I do try to take these types of notes and make those types of considerations.
Start taking note? At least half the country has been aware of this long before COVID. "Never let a crisis go to waste."

If she is the Republican candidate again, do you think she is losing to a Democrat in this state?

Like others have said, I don't think she runs again, so she doesn't care what she says, but very rarely does an incumbent get dethroned by someone in the same party.
She's a joke. The Republicans should not allow her to run. She makes the state look awful. Memaw needs to go sit on the porch.

She's a joke. The Republicans should not allow her to run. She makes the state look awful. Memaw needs to go sit on the porch.

People were praising her when she removed the mask ordinance and decided the state would no longer partake in government aid so people would go back to work.

It rarely pertains to sports. Even if it starts that way, it ends with the same people talking down to each other, regurgitating the same opinions.
Is someone forcing you to open these threads and read them?

People were praising her when she removed the mask ordinance and decided the state would no longer partake in government aid so people would go back to work.

Well, that may have been the case, but now that the leading entities have lit a fire under her behind, she's going to sing their tune. She might not be handling that extreme peer pressure very well, because she's snapping, and throwing the targeted class of folks under the bus right and left.

Then you should probably focus your concern on that instead of these threads.
I feel like it’s fair to point out that’s it’s annoying, especially when politics aren’t even supposed to be on the bunker. Just like it’s fair my post annoyed you.

I feel like it’s fair to point out that’s it’s annoying, especially when politics aren’t even supposed to be on the bunker. Just like it’s fair my post annoyed you.

This isn't really political topic per se. And while it might be annoying for some, I really appreciate the mods allowing us to have meaningful conversations on HUGE topics of the day from time to time. Everyone can EASILY scroll past threads that don't interest them

This isn't really political topic per se. And while it might be annoying for some, I really appreciate the mods allowing us to have meaningful conversations on HUGE topics of the day from time to time. Everyone can EASILY scroll past threads that don't interest them
Oddly enough, we agree on your last sentence. If you don’t like a political thread, don’t go in it. Yet often times, those threads get zapped. Which is one of the reasons the daily vaccine debate annoys me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT