ADVERTISEMENT

Just get the shots, do it now, it's that simple ....

Do you have mid and long term data on adverse effects? How did the animal studies turn out? If you blindly believe the government entities who are pushing this while quelling any discussion of safety, then I feel badly for you.
Clown. This blanket distrust of everything government and institutional, including the PRIVATE SECTOR companies involved, is goddamn nuts. Childish, selfish, irrational, nutjob asswagonry.

“Just get the shots”

Oc2.gif

i decided today that i'm gonna get the shots but i'm still annoyed at how this has become a massive peer pressure campaign...it's fuggin annoying as hayul

Lost a friend/former coworker this last week from covid. His wife said he was one of those that was rarely ever sick. No previous health issues. He wasn't vaccinated. He was 49 yrs young. The choice is yours.

• Sad
Reactions: Horace From Three
What if I've already had covid and about all the data that shows my antibodies are stronger than with the shot? Do I still need to get it for no reason?

Forgive me for not blindly trusting the people who have gotten just about every part of this pandemic wrong when they tell me I need to take the medicine they are pushing. Fauci lost all credibility months ago.
This 👆

Reactions: WarDamnWade
I don't understand the reluctance. And that's for all adults. They've been around for months and there's no problems. FDA tests are apparently going well, and FDA approval seems likely. People are still dying of covid. Healthy 5 year old in Dalton GA died this week of covid. New Variant is extremely contagious. Shots reduce the severity if you do get it and reduce the risk for everyone by creating this herd immunity. Now for kids under 18, I don't know what to say. I have a 5 year old grandson, and I don't know what is the right thing for him. But, if a large population of adults the the shots, it makes is safer for the young kids. To me, it's an act of selfishness, for adults to not get the shots, just to help reduce the spread to young children.

"Shots reduce the severity if you do get it and reduce the risk for everyone by creating this herd immunity"
Those are good reasons to get the shot

"They've been around for months and there's no problems. FDA tests are apparently going well"
So why isn't FDA approval a certainty, ... or already approved? (instead of only "likely")

"Now for kids under 18, I don't know what to say. I have a 5 year old grandson, and I don't know what is the right thing for him."
Then why are you so certain it's the right thing for adults?

"To me, it's an act of selfishness, for adults to not get the shots, just to help reduce the spread to young children."
If the shot is so beneficial to the recipient how is it so selfish to refuse it? It's available and approved for 12 or older..... emergency use approval I think they call it. Shouldn't they just get the shot and be out of danger?

Reactions: AUPooch
I don't understand the reluctance. And that's for all adults. They've been around for months and there's no problems. FDA tests are apparently going well, and FDA approval seems likely. People are still dying of covid. Healthy 5 year old in Dalton GA died this week of covid. New Variant is extremely contagious. Shots reduce the severity if you do get it and reduce the risk for everyone by creating this herd immunity. Now for kids under 18, I don't know what to say. I have a 5 year old grandson, and I don't know what is the right thing for him. But, if a large population of adults the the shots, it makes is safer for the young kids. To me, it's an act of selfishness, for adults to not get the shots, just to help reduce the spread to young children.
Probably going to start having children in a couple years. Barely any babies born yet from people who have been vaccinated, if any. Would rather my child not be born with a condition caused by myself or my wife receiving a genetical modification vaccine.

No long term data of over a year. Multiple cases of Myocarditis caused by vaccine already. All for a virus I’ve already had and experienced little to no symptoms.

No I’d rather not take that chance right now.

Lost a friend/former coworker this last week from covid. His wife said he was one of those that was rarely ever sick. No previous health issues. He wasn't vaccinated. He was 49 yrs young. The choice is yours.

seriously? Statistically anyone under 65 who has no comorbidities has virtually zero chance of serious complications or death from Covid. People have died from the flu and pneumonia every year - surprisingly those numbers have vanished. There are now a number of areas now that are going back through their covid body counts and reducing about 30 or 40% due over counting - that they can document. There were tons of false positives and miss labeling. They were financial incentives to do so and there remain so.

If the vaccines are safe then why did the companies still have immunity from liability?

No problems, huh?

You deniers realize if the internet had been around in the 50s for you all to goad each other on, then we’d never have eradicated polio? Idiots.

if you call more people idiots, they will most certainly come to your side of the argument. it's tried and true. works 100% of the time, 70% of the time.

also, stop comparing polio, which had up to a 30% mortality rate, to COVID...it's pretty much akin to comparing COVID to the flu on the flip side.

Why would you have any hesitancy about your grandson?

Reactions: midnighttulips
One studies showing natural immunity is better than the Pfizer.

Maybe I am missing something, but just looking at this data, it appears that they are comparing people with a history of COVID, including those having had one vaccine dose, with those who did not have a history of DCOVID, including unvaccinated and those vaccinated with only one dose. Taking that into account plus the very limited number of cases with a history of COVID, I'm not sure this supports natural immunity being stronger than from the Pfizer vaccine.

Prolly because the testing isn’t complete for that age group. My grand’s pediatrician said if all adults around him would get vaccinated, he wouldn’t have a need for the vaccine.
What I'm doing... everyone else gets it and I won't need it either..... I've already had covid, so my antibodies should be stronger than the vaccine is what the experts are saying so I'll take my chances waiting it out...

.. and I'm pretty sure the testing isn't completely done for any age group yet. We are just testing it on humans this time around and the data is still out for interpretation.....

Reactions: Callmeabug
if you call more people idiots, they will most certainly come to your side of the argument. it's tried and true. works 100% of the time, 70% of the time.

also, stop comparing polio, which had up to a 30% mortality rate, to COVID...it's pretty much akin to comparing COVID to the flu on the flip side.
I don’t give a **** at this point. The goons are gonna goon. I’m just making sure they get called what they are.

seriously? Statistically anyone under 65 who has no comorbidities has virtually zero chance of serious complications or death from Covid. People have died from the flu and pneumonia every year - surprisingly those numbers have vanished. There are now a number of areas now that are going back through their covid body counts and reducing about 30 or 40% due over counting - that they can document. There were tons of false positives and miss labeling. They were financial incentives to do so and there remain so.

If the vaccines are safe then why did the companies still have immunity from liability?

I know of a 40 year old with no comorbidities that died from it. He actually turned 40 on his death bed.

Wow. You think I just made this up? Smh

Should be a personal decision, and that's coming from someone that is vaccinated. The peer pressure and shaming coming from so many people to get the vaccine is incredibly odd to me and is just making people more reluctant to get it.
Agreed 100%

However, if it phucks with my upcoming trip to Vegas I will personally be whipping some geriatric non-vaxxer ass! :)

Why would you have any hesitancy about your grandson?
If I had a 5-year-old child or grandchild, I would not have them vaccinated for COVID. The risks to that age group from the virus itself is miniscule. For example, the hospitalization rate from COVID for 5-to-17-year-olds is much lower than the hospitalization rate for that age group from the flu in 2018-2019. Even if the risk of some unknown future side effect of the vaccine were as low as one in ten trillion, why assume even that infinitesimal risk when there is virtually no risk from the illness from which the vaccine offers protection?

tl;dr - 5-year-olds don't need protection from COVID.

What if I've already had covid and about all the data that shows my antibodies are stronger than with the shot? Do I still need to get it for no reason?

Forgive me for not blindly trusting the people who have gotten just about every part of this pandemic wrong when they tell me I need to take the medicine they are pushing. Fauci lost all credibility months ago.

No real reason to get it if you had Covid but every study shows reinfection rate or protection from the vaccine is the same or slightly better or slightly worse.

Probably going to start having children in a couple years. Barely any babies born yet from people who have been vaccinated, if any. Would rather my child not be born with a condition caused by myself or my wife receiving a genetical modification vaccine.

No long term data of over a year. Multiple cases of Myocarditis caused by vaccine already. All for a virus I’ve already had and experienced little to no symptoms.

Genetical modification? Oh dear.

Reactions: SigBitty
Do you have mid and long term data on adverse effects? How did the animal studies turn out? If you blindly believe the government entities who are pushing this while quelling any discussion of safety, then I feel badly for you.
Then you don't get to play.

I get your point and I have had my shots but there are people getting very sick. Good friend of mine's wife may not make it because of clots she developed after the shot and has had 4 surgeries in the last 6 weeks now. In the ER today and may not come home. It isn't like there is no risk. I don't blame people for being skeptical but I play the odds and just pray I fall on the right side of them.

Genetical modification?
I get your point and I have had my shots but there are people getting very sick. Good friend of mine's wife may not make it because of clots she developed after the shot and has had 4 surgeries in the last 6 weeks now. In the ER today and may not come home. It isn't like there is no risk. I don't blame people for being skeptical but I play the odds and just pray I fall on the right side of them.

But your odds are waaaaaaaay more in your favor taking the vaccine than getting Covid. Your odds are good against both but one is clearly more dangerous than the other.

Reactions: gatorz1209
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT