ADVERTISEMENT

Just get the shots, do it now, it's that simple ....

You deniers realize if the internet had been around in the 50s for you all to goad each other on, then we’d never have eradicated polio? Idiots.

That's a rather simple marketing trick used to manipulate people, but it's not true. In the 1950's they didn't even have the benefit of knowing all of the good that comes from vaccinations. It was completely new, and then ran into the worse case scenario where bad batches, gave a lot of kids polio and even KILLED some, yet parents were still lining up around the block to get their kids to take it.

Why the difference? It's because polio was virulent, and it was killing KIDS. Folks were desperate for anything, experimental or not, and so their risk/reward ratios were different. The really shallow thinkers out there believe the propaganda and think that these new vaccines are exactly the same as all other vaccines, so they don't realize the increased risks, or they just have blind faith in "science" and/or their doctors. However it's not reasonable to expect that everyone would come to the same conclusion. If you're a 21 year old athlete, you know if you get COVID, you aren't likely to even be symptomatic, so why assume any risk, let alone significant risk.

If I had a 5-year-old child or grandchild, I would not have them vaccinated for COVID. The risks to that age group from the virus itself is miniscule. For example, the hospitalization rate from COVID for 5-to-17-year-olds is much lower than the hospitalization rate for that age group from the flu in 2018-2019. Even if the risk of some unknown future side effect of the vaccine were as low as one in ten trillion, why assume even that infinitesimal risk when there is virtually no risk from the illness from which the vaccine offers protection?

tl;dr - 5-year-olds don't need protection from COVID.

I looked up two sources last week, and one showed that out of almost 600,000 dead, only 316 were 17 or younger. The other source showed 336 were 17 years of age or less.

Despite the sad, heart tugging story of the 5 year old who died last week being pushed everywhere, (to help prepare everyone for a likely push to have children vaccinated too), that age group is almost unaffected at all. IMHO, the risk/reward ratio for them just doesn't pan out for anyone who thinks about it at all, (as you'd pointed out above).

Reactions: Big Blue
Wow. You think I just made this up? Smh

I doubt that most people will think that you made it up, but some will likely ask you if that is the norm, (i.e. for 40-49 year old people who appeared to be healthy, would die from it). It's serious indeed, but as a good metric, we should probably compare the number who have died, to the number who die from FLU every year, in each age group.

According to the NYT JJ sucks against delta variant

If you're paying close attention, you'll see that vaccine getting dinged more and more, (just as I'd predicted long ago and was ridiculed for it).

The entire narrative has been to force everyone down a single channel to the new mRNA vaccine. Even those who've already had COVID, children who are pretty much unaffected except in THE rarest of cases. IMHO, we are likely to see a recommendation that those who've had the Johnson & Johnson get a booster of one of the mRNA vaccines.

ADVERTISEMENT