ADVERTISEMENT

Haskins going to get fired over this?

Lots of diseases can kill old people with serious cancers. I don’t think anyone should feel guilty whenever an old person with a serious illness dies prematurely due to a disease that the rest of society doesn’t really need to worry about.

Obviously every death is a tragedy, but I don’t think society should be under a moral obligation to make sure old people with health complications never get diseases that could kill them.

Lol. It’s not just older people and especially during this last surge. Delta and vaccine mandates will get us to where we need to be.

Lol. It’s not just older people and especially during this last surge. Delta and vaccine mandates will get us to where we need to be.
I don’t think society should be concerned about COVID anymore in general because the vaccine exists. Anyone who wants the vaccine should get it (and almost everyone should want it. Unless you’re fairly young and have natural immunity, you should’ve already been vaccinated), and anyone who doesn’t get the vaccine should deal with the potential health consequences.

I just can’t get on board with pointing the finger at anyone when someone dies from a disease at this point. We’ve never operated that way before. Breakthrough infections are rare enough that nobody should plan on it happening to someone

I don’t think society should be concerned about COVID anymore in general because the vaccine exists. Anyone who wants the vaccine should get it (and almost everyone should want it. Unless you’re fairly young and have natural immunity, you should’ve already been vaccinated), and anyone who doesn’t get the vaccine should deal with the potential health consequences.

I just can’t get on board with pointing the finger at anyone when someone dies from a disease at this point. We’ve never operated that way before. Breakthrough infections are rare enough that nobody should plan on it happening to someone

Lol. We have never had anything like this before meaning in the last 100 years. I used to have your view but there are too many that are vaccinated and still in danger. I’m not talking about masks and shutdowns. I’m taking vaccinations. In your view, people that are vaccinated aren’t in danger. I wish that were the case. Also, public officials can’t just ignore unvaccinated people dying. They have to protect the ignorant as well. Lastly, our healthcare has suffered across the board due to the unvaccinated taking up so much of the resources of our healthcare system. Whether others get vaccinated or not affects us all for now anyway.

Lol. We have never had anything like this before meaning in the last 100 years. I used to have your view but there are too many that are vaccinated and still in danger. I’m not talking about masks and shutdowns. I’m taking vaccinations. In your view, people that are vaccinated aren’t in danger. I wish that were the case. Also, public officials can’t just ignore unvaccinated people dying. They have to protect the ignorant as well. Lastly, our healthcare has suffered across the board due to the unvaccinated taking up so much of the resources of our healthcare system. Whether others get vaccinated or not affects us all for now anyway.
I don’t think the ignorant need the government’s help. Everyone can take responsibility for their own actions and decisions. And vaccinated people are overwhelmingly not in danger. These vaccines are extremely effective at preventing serious illness and death from COVID. Old vaccinated people with preexisting conditions are still at greater risk than vaccinated people that aren’t old with or existing conditions, but even in that category the vaccine is wonderful

I don’t think the ignorant need the government’s help. Everyone can take responsibility for their own actions and decisions. And vaccinated people are overwhelmingly not in danger. These vaccines are extremely effective at preventing serious illness and death from COVID. Old vaccinated people with preexisting conditions are still at greater risk than vaccinated people that aren’t old with or existing conditions, but even in that category the vaccine is wonderful

They actually do and they are getting that help meaning vaccine mandates. You can’t get your head around that somebody’s actions can affect others. Hospitals, economy, etc. And it’s not just older people with underlying conditions that die or get hospitalized. Older people without other conditions are at risk even when vaccinated. Older people antibodies are slower to get out to fight the virus and delta is faster than other variants in their attack. The UK has done a poor job at vaccinating teens due to not doing mandates like their neighbors and they are spiking now due to teens mostly.

Reactions: Akinsoa06
They actually do and they are getting that help meaning vaccine mandates. You can’t get your head around that somebody’s actions can affect others. Hospitals, economy, etc. And it’s not just older people with underlying conditions that die or get hospitalized. Older people without other conditions are at risk even when vaccinated. Older people antibodies are slower to get out to fight the virus and delta is faster than other variants in their attack. The UK has done a poor job at vaccinating teens due to not doing mandates like their neighbors and they are spiking now due to teens mostly.

I guess I come down on the side of independent judgment and personal responsibility. As for the vaccinated old, deaths in this group just don’t seem common enough to be a big concern. Zero COVID and zero COVID deaths isn’t just unreasonable, it’s not possible

I guess I come down on the side of independent judgment and personal responsibility. As for the vaccinated old, deaths in this group just don’t seem common enough to be a big concern. Zero COVID and zero COVID deaths isn’t just unreasonable, it’s not possible

Nobody said anything about Covid zero here. We are going to have Covid no matter what. It’s about lowering cases, hospitalizations and deaths by vaccinations. Fvck all the masks, shutdowns, etc. Get people vaccinated and get back to normalcy.

Also, there is no independent judgement here. There’s the scientific fact that the unvaccinated keep the pandemic going. Personal responsibility means doing the responsible thing and get vaccinated.

The bottom line is it’s already too late to reason with people. The mandates and delta will give 95% of us protection in 2022.

Hmm, never underestimate the power of stupidity, he may mean what he says.

In which he would exhibit the fact that he is a complete fool.
If you supported trump and all of his stupidity…your opinion means nothing to me…

Just out of curiosity, what is the main policy that Trump put forth that you hated the most?
His inhumane stance and policy on immigration…He turned what made America the beacon of hope for so many ppl into trash…I’m specifically talking about legal immigration to the United States. Cutting the programs and policies that helped my family come to the US in the 90s.

He pulled out of TPP that would have helped curb China’s growing influence on trade.

The Iran Nuclear deal that by all accounts was working at the time.

His tax cuts for the rich that has helped our debt sky rocket.

Yea, General Powell is dead due to that line of thinking meaning getting vaccinated only affects the person getting vaccinated.

Are you in essence saying that the new vaccines don't work as well as they were reported to work, therefore, we need everyone possible to take them to have hopes of limiting COVID???

I know for the longest, you've been saying that they were "modern day miracles" that were SUPER effective and pretty much flawless. A few of us warned you about making such silly guarantees, even though you were just parroting the experts who were saying that they would in essence provide sterilizing immunity. You, DM8 and many others said that you would "stick with the experts over your dumb A opinions", but then, when that was proven to NOT be true, (against all odds, due to the collusion and resulting narrative), by honest scientists doing real science in other countries, you copied the "Oh, they were only meant to address severe illness and deaths" goalpost shift.

Since then, you have been consistently saying, "they work GREAT for reducing severe illnesses and deaths and they were true miracles". But with your statement above, I'm a tad bit confused. If the new vaccines come anywhere remotely close to the numbers that you've posted since January, even restricting the benefit to severe illness and death, then we should be good even if everyone doesn't take them, correct??? And of course, I'm not saying that anyone shouldn't take them, but just clarifying your position on the efficacy, since you've been wrong so much, throughout the pandemic.

Are you in essence saying that the new vaccines don't work as well as they were reported to work, therefore, we need everyone possible to take them to have hopes of limiting COVID???

I know for the longest, you've been saying that they were "modern day miracles" that were SUPER effective and pretty much flawless. A few of us warned you about making such silly guarantees, even though you were just parroting the experts who were saying that they would in essence provide sterilizing immunity. You, DM8 and many others said that you would "stick with the experts over your dumb A opinions", but then, when that was proven to NOT be true, (against all odds, due to the collusion and resulting narrative), by honest scientists doing real science in other countries, you copied the "Oh, they were only meant to address severe illness and deaths" goalpost shift.

Since then, you have been consistently saying, "they work GREAT for reducing severe illnesses and deaths and they were true miracles". But with your statement above, I'm a tad bit confused. If the new vaccines come anywhere remotely close to the numbers that you've posted since January, even restricting the benefit to severe illness and death, then we should be good even if everyone doesn't take them, correct??? And of course, I'm not saying that anyone shouldn't take them, but just clarifying your position on the efficacy, since you've been wrong so much, throughout the pandemic.

They are miracles except for those elderly that are immunocompromised. Vaccines don’t work on those people as much as the rest of us. Again, stop with the essays. I’ll never read more than 1-2 lines of your nonsense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT