ADVERTISEMENT

Futures are deep deep red…

We put $200 a month into a 529 for each kid. It adds up fast and can be used for all education expenses.
I’d like this to be more for retirement that they can take over when they start their careers College is already pretty over rated and may even be free by the time my kids make it there. I’ve seen a lot of downsides to those 529s that have kept me from going that direction.

I texted her about this awful take and she reacted as expected.

She wants to meet @Powerman26's wife to discuss, though, and not him since men aren't the ones lactating.
It’s an awful take to say the vast majority of women have a choice whether to you formula or not? It’s a fact.

And don’t miss gender folks. Non birthing people can most certainly lactate. 🫃🫃🫃

I’ll be shocked if we stave off recession. I just hope that it’s not a deep one like we had in ‘08.
I doubt highly that we are in for another 2008 type recession. Labor market too strong, consumer and business spending is still growing, tho much of that may be inflation and increased wages during a tight market.

Recession sounds bad. I get it. It’s not ideal. But I think a mild recession is just what we need. Tighten the belts, reset prices, curb demand, let supply chains come back online, get consumer credit under control (just had the biggest month to month increase ever from February to March, look out for that red flag) and obviously we need to water down inflation.

When “Recession” is the number 1 trending topic, everyday people tighten there belts. They reign in personal spending. They pay off debt and don’t take on new debt. 6 months of that type of behavior would do wonders for the economy. Slow down to a snails pace and supply will be there, which means inflation won’t be as big of an issue.

But everyone fears recession is permanent and would rather prolong it than face it head on and address the actions that got us here. Just rip the bandaid off and we can restart the party in time for Christmas.

Not sure why this one was bad. ? It was straightforward economics other than a foray into women being lazy
Aler…somehow every mammal species other than humans in existence gets by without baby formula. Somehow the cave people through our grandparents (yore) generation survived without formula. Somehow developing counties populations are exploding without baby formula. @Jay G. Tate ’s wife chose formula. If she had some sort of medical limitation, he has not mentioned it.

Product companies figured out a way to make money by creating baby formula. For the vast majority is unnecessary. If you want to pay for something you don’t have to and is unnatural, have at it. A shortage of formula is not a crisis.

Aler…somehow every mammal species other than humans in existence gets by without baby formula. Somehow the cave people through our grandparents (yore) generation survived without formula. Somehow developing counties populations are exploding without baby formula. @Jay G. Tate ’s wife chose formula. If she had some sort of medical limitation, he has not mentioned it.

Product companies figured out a way to make money by creating baby formula. For the vast majority is unnecessary. If you want to pay for something you don’t have to and is unnatural, have at it. A shortage of formula is not a crisis.
FWIW, I very much resent you portraying my wife as lazy. You're over the line.

I have no clue what the percentages are. I figure you’re probably right in that the majority don’t have to use it. However, a shortage would not be a good thing at all. Whether you want to call it a crisis or not, I’ll leave it up to the experts. All that being said, my wife’s supply dried up fairly early. It was pretty devastating for her to have to make the switch to formula, I can’t imagine had we not even had that option.

I have no clue what the percentages are. I figure you’re probably right in that the majority don’t have to use it. However, a shortage would not be a good thing at all. Whether you want to call it a crisis or not, I’ll leave it up to the experts. All that being said, my wife’s supply dried up fairly early. It was pretty devastating for her to have to make the switch to formula, I can’t imagine had we not even had that option.
Tell her that Powerman from the Bunker said she's lazy. Can't wait to hear this one.

Tell her that Powerman from the Bunker said she's lazy. Can't wait to hear this one.
At that time, I wouldn’t have even joked around with her about that. It’s pretty heart breaking to watch.

Not to come to his defense, but I do know some woman who switched fairly early, for what seemed like the sole reason of being able to drink again.

At that time, I wouldn’t have even joked around with her about that. It’s pretty heart breaking to watch.

Not to come to his defense, but I do know some woman who switched fairly early, for what seemed like the sole reason of being able to drink again.
In fairness to him he breastfed untill he was 11yrs so it might be something he isn’t familiar with

• Haha
Reactions: gatorz1209

Says the man. Or are you a woman? Again, if yore a dude, you have no ground to stand on when it comes to making lactation choices.

Says the man. Or are you a woman? Again, if yore a dude, you have no ground to stand on when it comes to making lactation choices.
I’m not making choices. I’m saying it’s a choice for the vast majority of women who use baby formula. Some need it like the poster above. My wife fed babies formula all the time when she was a NICU nurse. If there is a limited supply, it should be reserved for those that are truly in need.

I’m not making choices. I’m saying it’s a choice for the vast majority of women who use baby formula. Some need it like the poster above. My wife fed babies formula all the time when she was a NICU nurse. If there is a limited supply, it should be reserved for those that are truly in need.
You’re calling them “lazy” which is far from the truth. I understand your bottom line reasoning but the approach you took to make the argument was subpar.

Reactions: Powerman26
Or it was a bad thing that actually killed a lot of people and that’s the problem … not the media?
It is a problem, of course. But youd think the media would also be interested in the orgins of the virus that killed millions than doxxing parents who have trouble getting a 3 yr old to wear a mask on a plane

Reactions: vanceme
f764d4d01bcb6984c99760579f3e85b5.gif

@SH0RTS

5321ec0eaca363a0559f4eab089eccb42a190c85.gifv
Is this to distract from the market doldrums or response to the baby formula shortage?

If they take it that far, in regards to contraceptives, they might as well hang it up. I can’t imagine there is anything that resembles majority support for something like that.
IUD’s already implanted before fertilization should escape laws but apparently, they can be used after the fact somehow. IVF creates extra embryos so not sure how that plays out. Plan b abortion pills and morning after pills will be banned by all those states I bet. I’m guessing at least 10 have no exceptions for rape and incest. All in all, I’m guessing 27 states ban abortion back to conception.

IUD’s already implanted before fertilization should escape laws but apparently, they can be used after the fact somehow. IVF creates extra embryos so not sure how that plays out. Plan b abortion pills and morning after pills will be banned by all those states I bet. I’m guessing at least 10 have no exceptions for rape and incest. All in all, I’m guessing 27 states ban abortion back to conception.
Going after contraception seems asinine to me. Especially in states that will tell you they want less government control.

Last edited:
Reactions: gatorz1209
This is mostly due to the reduction / not funding all the COVID relief packages.
Correct. And trump doubled the deficits of Obama’s last two years in his first 3 years before Covid. Both parties spend too much but one likes to pretend like it doesn’t.

Going after contraception seems as asinine to me. Especially in states that will tell you they want less government control.
Well, they don’t consider it contraception if it’s after fertilization. I think they win at the SC for the morning after pill and plan b. As I said before, it will affect 2024 more than 2022 as we will have 2 years to live with all of the new laws. We will also watch some red states go after gay marriage again and that will end up back in the SC. I doubt they overturn it like RvW but if they use the same reasoning, they should. I’m not saying they should imo but if they believe what Alito wrote then they should believe the same for gay marriage.

Well, they don’t consider it contraception if it’s after fertilization. I think they win at the SC for the morning after pill and plan b. As I said before, it will affect 2024 more than 2022 as we will have 2 years to live with all of the new laws. We will also watch some red states go after gay marriage again and that will end up back in the SC. I doubt they overturn it like RvW but if they use the same reasoning, they should. I’m not saying they should imo but if they believe what Alito wrote then they should believe the same for gay marriage.
Well again, put a fork in it, if that’s the plan they’re going to go with. Sounds like a great way to lose elections.

Reactions: vanceme
Well again, put a fork in it, if that’s the plan they’re going to go with. Sounds like a great way to lose elections.
So plan b is the morning after pill. There is also an abortion pill. So those two will be banned by most of the red states. I really think people right now people don’t believe all these states will outright ban abortion until they do but it’s clear they will. I mean they have to. They have been fighting this for 49 years. Desantis isn’t going to just stay with the 15 week abortion bill. His career would be over. The FL legislature will ban it back to conception. I think GA does the same with their 6 week law.

So plan b is the morning after pill. There is also an abortion pill. So those two will be banned by most of the red states. I really think people right now people don’t believe all these states will outright ban abortion until they do but it’s clear they will. I mean they have to. They have been fighting this for 49 years. Desantis isn’t going to just stay with the 15 week abortion bill. His career would be over. The FL legislature will ban it back to conception. I think GA does the same with their 6 week law.
What does that do for IVF then?

ADVERTISEMENT