ADVERTISEMENT

Father in law positive and not doing well…

Weird, but my father in law is actually also headed to the hospital right now due to Covid-related heart issues. He's been dealing with Covid for about 3-4 weeks and was VERY SLOWLY getting a little better, but a friend of theirs just died of a heart attack and his pulmonologist friend recommended getting a test run. Well, it came back with blockages and he's headed to the cardiac unit at the hospital.

Pray if you do that kind of thing... Thanks!

**PS - not that it matters, or it might, but he's unvaxxxed
Update, he’s already been discharged. No stent or surgery needed. Just medication and orders to get more active and healthier. Lots of praises!

Nurse said they have 22 Covid positive patient admitted currently. 7 (including my FIL) fully vaxed of those, in case anyone was curious.

So far, Invermectin, steroids, a few breathing treatments, Iv fluids and currently on 4Lpm nasal cannula.

How many of the 7 vaccinated patients are on ventilators?

Ivermectin, given early is effective because it has antiviral and anti inflammatory properties.

Thoughts and prayers for both of your FIL's.

If you don't mind my asking, how long has he been fighting it?
Mine was admitted today. 2nd day of symptoms. Sore throat started it and he got tested with only that symptom. Came on fast

Reactions: au4life_rz
Not sure I’ll try and ask the nurse tomorrow. No change so far as of an hour ago. Better off than a lot but definitely sick enough to need a day or two in the hospital. Hoping the worst is behind him
Hope so too. Hopefully he has a good night and starts feeling better in the AM bruh.

Reactions: A2NCtiger
Update: slightly improved this morning if all goes well, discharge tomorrow with quarantine and home breathing treatments with some other meds added it sounds. Still on 3L nasal cannula at this time holding at 96%
Great news, OP! Make sure you stay on him about taking it easy! Too many stories of people thinking they're improved and taking it too far too early.

Weird, but my father in law is actually also headed to the hospital right now due to Covid-related heart issues. He's been dealing with Covid for about 3-4 weeks and was VERY SLOWLY getting a little better, but a friend of theirs just died of a heart attack and his pulmonologist friend recommended getting a test run. Well, it came back with blockages and he's headed to the cardiac unit at the hospital.

Pray if you do that kind of thing... Thanks!

**PS - not that it matters, or it might, but he's unvaxxxed
sent brother!

Make them give high dose IV of vitamin C and D and Zinc. They will resist as it is not the protocol the CDC and NIH has plotted…but clear out a spot and pitch a fit if needed…do this for your Dad.
Yep I told him yesterday to start taking a lot of VIT C and Zinc no matter what the docs put him on

Reactions: DFY04
Update: slightly improved this morning if all goes well, discharge tomorrow with quarantine and home breathing treatments with some other meds added it sounds. Still on 3L nasal cannula at this time holding at 96%

Great news! Hope he is back home and feeling good soon.

Yep I told him yesterday to start taking a lot of VIT C and Zinc no matter what the docs put him on
I had covid back in January. I had already been taking Zinc VIT C and VIT D3 for almost a year when I tested positive and that’s what my doctor told me to keep taking. The only thing he added was Famotidine (Pepcid).

My symptoms were bad body aches and fatigue. Never lost sense of taste or smell, never had any fever and didn’t have respiratory issues.

I then got the 1st shot 3 months later and the 2nd shot 28 days later. I’m still taking Zinc, C And D.

Prayers lifted for your FIL.

Praying for him OP

Also, something else to think about with Covid now that we're hearing of hospital beds filling up...if anyone needs to go to the hospital for reasons besides Covid, it's getting tougher and tougher to find room for them. It's not just people with Covid that can't get in...it's the entire system that gets backed up.

Get your vaccine.
Matt look at the deaths this surge it’s magnitudes less than the last surge same for icu . Chill

Reactions: AUTigersfan89
What is the current status of your FIL?
Heading home in about an hour. Doing much better, will do breathing treatments at home. Just weak and fatigued right now. Has to quarantine 6 more days they said. Thanks for all the prayers. Wish some people wouldn’t turn this thread political to make it get moved to a different board.

Heading home in about an hour. Doing much better, will do breathing treatments at home. Just weak and fatigued right now. Has to quarantine 6 more days they said. Thanks for all the prayers. Wish some people wouldn’t turn this thread political to make it get moved to a different board.
GRATE NEWZ DAWG

Matt look at the deaths this surge it’s magnitudes less than the last surge same for icu . Chill
I’m more referring to those with other issues that may have issues getting a hospital bed because they’re filling up with COVID patients. If a hospital is filled up because of Covid and someone comes needs a bed for some other reason not related to Covid, they may have to be turned away.

Reactions: aler
I’m more referring to those with other issues that may have issues getting a hospital bed because they’re filling up with COVID patients. If a hospital is filled up because of Covid and someone comes needs a bed for some other reason not related to Covid, they may have to be turned away.
I have lots of friends who work these hospitals . Much of the problem is the Covid protocols and bed allotments. No monimizing what the docs are going through they are exhausted but most of my friends usually are. Chief of major trauma centers and emergency rooms are getting hammered

Awesome news

It’s almost like there’s a vaccine that works

Does the analysis stop there for you? It works, so I'm good?

Goodness gracious I'm glad that we have other agencies in place to vet new drugs thoroughly, but I guess a lot of folks out there are wondering why they spend all that extra time evaluating and trying to get data. Heck, if it works, let's shut it down, (i.e. our brains), and move forward, right? 😜

Does the analysis stop there for you? It works, so I'm good?

Goodness gracious I'm glad that we have other agencies in place to vet new drugs thoroughly, but I guess a lot of folks out there are wondering why they spend all that extra time evaluating and trying to get data. Heck, if it works, let's shut it down, (i.e. our brains), and move forward, right? 😜
Maybe consider the simple post I was responding to. Or don’t. You do you.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT