ADVERTISEMENT

Father in law positive and not doing well…

Weird, but my father in law is actually also headed to the hospital right now due to Covid-related heart issues. He's been dealing with Covid for about 3-4 weeks and was VERY SLOWLY getting a little better, but a friend of theirs just died of a heart attack and his pulmonologist friend recommended getting a test run. Well, it came back with blockages and he's headed to the cardiac unit at the hospital.

Pray if you do that kind of thing... Thanks!

**PS - not that it matters, or it might, but he's unvaxxxed
Sending prayers back to you boss!

Nurse said they have 22 Covid positive patient admitted currently. 7 (including my FIL) fully vaxed of those, in case anyone was curious.

So far, Invermectin, steroids, a few breathing treatments, Iv fluids and currently on 4Lpm nasal cannula.

Praying for him OP

Also, something else to think about with Covid now that we're hearing of hospital beds filling up...if anyone needs to go to the hospital for reasons besides Covid, it's getting tougher and tougher to find room for them. It's not just people with Covid that can't get in...it's the entire system that gets backed up.

Get your vaccine.

Praying for him OP

Also, something else to think about with Covid now that we're hearing of hospital beds filling up...if anyone needs to go to the hospital for reasons besides Covid, it's getting tougher and tougher to find room for them. It's not just people with Covid that can't get in...it's the entire system that gets backed up.

Get your vaccine.
This. I feel terrible for the people who potentially could be turned away.

Reactions: AUTigersfan89
Nurse said they have 22 Covid positive patient admitted currently. 7 (including my FIL) fully vaxed of those, in case anyone was curious.

So far, Invermectin, steroids, a few breathing treatments, Iv fluids and currently on 4Lpm nasal cannula.

Hope your FIL gets better soon... but damn 32% vaxxed -- that seems crazy high based on the stats we've been seeing. What hospital?

Damn 32% vaxxed -- that seems crazy high based on the stats we've been seeing. What hospital?
Northeast Hospital(Atrium Health) nurse also said they have 38 available Covid rooms counting ICU. 22 are in use so not close to full here at the moment. Still greater than half though.

Reactions: TigerTime099
He’s also fully vaccinated with Moderna and overall healthy at 61 yrs old. Prayers appreciated for those that believe in it.
Prayers.
Needs to get any of the possible therapeutics. Friend of mine got it - fully vaccinated- too older - overweight a bit. Had a tough time but ivermectin helped him.

Reactions: A2NCtiger

Have hope. That’s a low first step in getting his O2 levels up. The goal will be to keep him above 92 spO2. If he goes below consistently they turn him up. Then they will try bipap, oxymizer, or high heated nasal cannula. If he goes below 90 at max O2 on all those he would move to ventilator. We’re seeing a much higher percent come off the vent now. Most patients don’t go to a ventilator and come home a few days later. Ask if Regen-Cov is available, or if put on remdesivir to have baricitinib added to the remdesivir. It real does make a difference in recovery time.

Have hope. That’s a low first step in getting his O2 levels up. The goal will be to keep him above 92 spO2. If he goes below consistently they turn him up. Then they will try bipap, oxymizer, or high heated nasal cannula. If he goes below 90 at max O2 on all those he would move to ventilator. We’re seeing a much higher percent come off the vent now. Most patients don’t go to a ventilator and come home a few days later. Ask if Regen-Cov is available, or if put on remdesivir to have baricitinib added to the remdesivir. It real does make a difference in recovery time.

Wow. That seems like good news. I can't figure out why folks have to ask for certain drugs that seem to be really making a difference. If something works why aren't all Dr's using it? Sick people should not have to ask.....seems absurd.

Reactions: MattAU05
Prayers up. If he's early in symptoms, send him to get the monoclonal antibody infusion ASAP!

Thoughts and prayers, if you don’t mind me asking, when was he vax’d? Lots of new data showing a worrying decline in efficacy over time. Worried for my own parents who got it around January/February.
Roughly 6 weeks ago or so

Wow. That seems like good news. I can't figure out why folks have to ask for certain drugs that seem to be really making a difference. If something works why aren't all Dr's using it? Sick people should not have to ask.....seems absurd.
Treatments vary by region. Ivermectin is used in smaller towns much more often. We never use it at my hospital. We just started Regeneron’ Regen-Cov this week. We started adding baricitinib to remdesivir about 2 months ago. Our Pulmonoligists really believe in it. For non-ventilated patients the combo cuts the recovery time almost in half. We are better in treating it than we were in December. The vaccine has helped with better results also.

Treatments vary by region. Ivermectin is used in smaller towns much more often. We never use it at my hospital. We just started Regeneron’ Regen-Cov this week. We started adding baricitinib to remdesivir about 2 months ago. Our Pulmonoligists really believe in it. For non-ventilated patients the combo cuts the recovery time almost in half. We are better in treating it than we were in December. The vaccine has helped with better results
Interesting. I'm glad to hear some positive info.

Treatments vary by region. Ivermectin is used in smaller towns much more often. We never use it at my hospital. We just started Regeneron’ Regen-Cov this week. We started adding baricitinib to remdesivir about 2 months ago. Our Pulmonoligists really believe in it. For non-ventilated patients the combo cuts the recovery time almost in half. We are better in treating it than we were in December. The vaccine has helped with better results also.

At your hospital what are the numbers like in regards to vaccinated vs non vaccinated?

I'm surprised the vaxed number is 17%

One reason is that there's a much higher proportion of vaccinated people with serious preexisting conditions and who are elderly (as opposed to young, healthy people, many of whom have skipped the vax). So these people are at a higher risk of needing to be hospitalized if they do catch covid. If you break it down by age and health, you will get more answers. But some states (like Alabama) aren't providing a lot of demographic information.

Ask them to give him the Regeneron monoclonal antibodies. That is the cure for this.

One reason is that there's a much higher proportion of vaccinated people with serious preexisting conditions and who are elderly (as opposed to young, healthy people, many of whom have skipped the vax). So these people are at a higher risk of needing to be hospitalized if they do catch covid. If you break it down by age and health, you will get more answers. But some states (like Alabama) aren't providing a lot of demographic information.

too much facts. brain does not compute. - people looking for reasons not to vax

for real though....makes me shake my head when someone starts talking about an 80+ year old who got very sick or passed away after being vaccinated as an excuse for them not to get it. they are oulde and likely have deteriorated health to begin with. sounds cold but it's just the truth.

That’s the data from my hospital system today. Not sure we have any vaccinated in Icu. It’s been a tough week with this. Have had several pt’s that progressed and are either vented and critically ill or have passed away. A guy in his young 40’s really got to me. Beds are extremely tight and it’s difficult to move people around when you need help. Please be careful and encourage the vaccine.
T’s and P’s to op’s fil.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT