ADVERTISEMENT

Cornell University Shuts Down Campus

You hire the Jeff State grad first then

sure. I’ve hired people with no college degree. Marketability isn’t based on how many core classes you took. Marketability is based on ones skills and how they apply to the company looking to hire.

It’s probably fair to question how many skills one gains for a $200k college education.

Reactions: mrsensitive3
My work turned masks back on Sunday.
Mine did it a couple of months ago. It's the only place I ever wear one unless I go to a doctor's office that requires them. Even most of those around here are no longer requiring them. Omicron seems likely to be even less deadly than yearly influenza. This pandemic would be over if everybody would allow it to be.

sure. I’ve hired people with no college degree. Marketability isn’t based on how many core classes you took. Marketability is based on ones skills and how they apply to the company looking to hire.

It’s probably fair to question how many skills one gains for a $200k college education.

Most of those schools the students do not learn skills but carry on a system of networking for wealthy families.

to each his own…. Not a complaint or a condemnation just a statement

Reactions: FIG-JAM
What do you think is going to happen with delta already killing 1300 a day when you add the peak of the flu plus maybe a million daily cases of omicron? Hospitals are already understaffed. I just hope it’s the end of it.
Omicron is going to kill delta within a month of so, right? It should crow out delta even more quickly than delta crowded out the OG strains. Since omicron is much less deadly than pervious strains, it should actually lower/slow hospitalizations and deaths rather than making for a worse winter, shouldn't it? On what basis should we expect the situation to worsen at all?

Reactions: Boisgreat
Omicron is going to kill delta within a month of so, right? It should crow out delta even more quickly than delta crowded out the OG strains. Since omicron is much less deadly than pervious strains, it should actually lower/slow hospitalizations and deaths rather than making for a worse winter, shouldn't it? On what basis should we expect the situation to worsen at all?

then should we all have Omicron gatherings where we try to catch this strain since it like a common cold?

Reactions: Big Blue
then should we all have Omicron gatherings where we try to catch this strain since it like a common cold?
If omicron is as harmless as it currently appears, it's possible that actually could turn out to be a pretty good idea. At the very least, if it isn't very deadly, we certainly should not be taking any extreme measures for it. We need this thing to burn out, preferably without causing or increasing secondary issues (inflation, unemployment, supply chain, health care, etc.) that previous reactions to the pandemic have caused.

When delta hit, we had very low cases so it was easier for delta to take over. The same happened with omicron in SA. Delta was very low. But yea, it will overtake Delta but it will be both of them hitting people in January. All the people that get delta by the time omicron is 100% don’t just get better. The remaining damage will be hospitalized people from delta. Add the flu too. I’m talking about the states going thru their delta waves now, not places like the south. When I say winter, I mean January and Feb. it would’ve been much better if it hit at a time like June or even October when cases had dropped down.

If omicron is as harmless as it currently appears, it's possible that actually could turn out to be a pretty good idea. At the very least, if it isn't very deadly, we certainly should not be taking any extreme measures for it. We need this thing to burn out, preferably without causing or increasing secondary issues (inflation, unemployment, supply chain, health care, etc.) that previous reactions to the pandemic have caused.

It looks like people might be dying from omicron.

Why try to catch it though? There’s no reason to since we have vaccines and boosters. It’s going to burn out anyway whether me and you catch it so no reason to catch it. I got protected the easy way.

You want me to hang out around people getting ravaged by colds so I can get one? Fvck off

When delta hit, we had very low cases so it was easier for delta to take over. The same happened with omicron in SA. Delta was very low. But yea, it will overtake Delta but it will be both of them hitting people in January. All the people that get delta by the time omicron is 100% don’t just get better. The remaining damage will be hospitalized people from delta. Add the flu too. I’m talking about the states going thru their delta waves now, not places like the south. When I say winter, I mean January and Feb. it would’ve been much better if it hit at a time like June or even October when cases had dropped down.
By January/February, almost all COVID cases will be omicron. People who have delta now or get it in the next few weeks are at higher risk, but their percentage of the overall number of COVID cases is going to shrink drastically very soon. There is really no good reason to expect that in January/February things will be especially bad, or at least no reason to expect them to be much worse than a bad flu year, i.e. nothing to cause us major concern.

My wife and I hosted Thanksgiving for about 25 family members at our Auburn home close to campus. Traveling home to The Woodlands, TX on Monday after the Iron Bowl I noticed a slightly scratchy throat and the next day had a slight headache and felt tired but worked daily and even golfed with clients that Thursday. I assumed I had contracted a cold as my niece had a pretty bad cold but also suspected it could have been the stress of being in JHS personally witnessing the harsin meltdown (the 4th November meltdown). I had no fever just fatigue and headaches for 7 days or so and I didn't even consider testing for china virus. However, last Friday my wife awakened with aches and a low grade fever so she went to get tested and surprisingly she tested positive for the china virus. I later in the day tested positive as well though I by then was symptom free. My wife immediately visited a local clinic and received the monoclonal antibodies infusion. Additionally, she immediately took 12 Ivermectin tablets as thankfully we have an awesome physician whom is a strong proponent of Ivermectin so we had previously stockpiled over 150 Ivermectin tablets. She had a rough evening Friday after receiving the monoclonal antibodies but thankfully by Saturday morning she was feeling significantly better and had zero fever. By Sunday she was virtually symptom free and has improved daily since and thankfully tested negative for the china virus today. We are both 60 years old and we take copious amounts of Vitamins and Zinc daily and we are both very unvaccinated but we are now blessed with natural antibodies. I'm not a physician so do your own thing based upon yoru doctor's orders but in the event you and or your loved ones should get this fauchi/china virus... don't panic but DO get the monoclonal antibodies and if possible, get some Ivermectin into your system. If you haven't a physician to prescribe Ivermectin, simply go to PushHealth.com and you can pay a physician $64 and they will call the prescription into a Walgreens, Kroger, etc.
Stay Strong & Courageous and Merry CHRISTmas!
Lol. The 27x stuff was bs. Also, NI is getting run over by omicron. Booster is all that is working vs omicron on infection protection. Both NI and double vax will protect from severe disease for most though.
dr. Stumpee has spoken, it’s always a treat whence he doth.

It looks like people might be dying from omicron.

Thus why I prefaced my comments with "f omicron is as harmless as it currently appears." But I suspect we aren't going to see anywhere near the rate of death from omicron as delta or even the original strains. Even aside from its seeming less deadliness, there are just a lot more people vaccinated and even boosted now.

Again, there is little reason to expect any sort of crisis situation from COVID this winter. But we'll see. If it happens, it happens. The only thing we can do is get vaccinated, boosted, and use therapeutics when needed.

My wife and I hosted Thanksgiving for about 25 family members at our Auburn home close to campus. Traveling home to The Woodlands, TX on Monday after the Iron Bowl I noticed a slightly scratchy throat and the next day had a slight headache and felt tired but worked daily and even golfed with clients that Thursday. I assumed I had contracted a cold as my niece had a pretty bad cold but also suspected it could have been the stress of being in JHS personally witnessing the harsin meltdown (the 4th November meltdown). I had no fever just fatigue and headaches for 7 days or so and I didn't even consider testing for china virus. However, last Friday my wife awakened with aches and a low grade fever so she went to get tested and surprisingly she tested positive for the china virus. I later in the day tested positive as well though I by then was symptom free. My wife immediately visited a local clinic and received the monoclonal antibodies infusion. Additionally, she immediately took 12 Ivermectin tablets as thankfully we have an awesome physician whom is a strong proponent of Ivermectin so we had previously stockpiled over 150 Ivermectin tablets. She had a rough evening Friday after receiving the monoclonal antibodies but thankfully by Saturday morning she was feeling significantly better and had zero fever. By Sunday she was virtually symptom free and has improved daily since and thankfully tested negative for the china virus today. We are both 60 years old and we take copious amounts of Vitamins and Zinc daily and we are both very unvaccinated but we are now blessed with natural antibodies. I'm not a physician so do your own thing based upon yoru doctor's orders but in the event you and or your loved ones should get this fauchi/china virus... don't panic but DO get the monoclonal antibodies and if possible, get some Ivermectin into your system. If you haven't a physician to prescribe Ivermectin, simply go to PushHealth.com and you can pay a physician $64 and they will call the prescription into a Walgreens, Kroger, etc.
Stay Strong & Courageous and Merry CHRISTmas!

dr. Stumpee has spoken, it’s always a treat whence he doth.
No way dude, it's not real. You're a Fauci plant

if anyone gets Omicrom let me and @Big Blue know. We may need to French kiss you for medical purposes only. TIA

No idea what you’re referring to. We have failed miserably at testing so testing in the US is necessary but not that helpful as people have a hard time getting tested and getting results quickly. They also rarely quarantine these days.
I’m referring to you saying in another thread that testing was unnecessary for people entering our country. That we already had covid in the country so there was no need to test.
Then you asked me if I got tested and said that we have the vaccine so no need for tests. And then called me a moron for even asking about testing folks entering our country.

Maybe that will refresh your memory. If not, I can provide several quotes of you mocking the thought of testing.

By January/February, almost all COVID cases will be omicron. People who have delta now or get it in the next few weeks are at higher risk, but their percentage of the overall number of COVID cases is going to shrink drastically very soon. There is really no good reason to expect that in January/February things will be especially bad, or at least no reason to expect them to be much worse than a bad flu year, i.e. nothing to cause us major concern.

Thus why I prefaced my comments with "f omicron is as harmless as it currently appears." But I suspect we aren't going to see anywhere near the rate of death from omicron as delta or even the original strains. Even aside from its seeming less deadliness, there are just a lot more people vaccinated and even boosted now.

Again, there is little reason to expect any sort of crisis situation from COVID this winter. But we'll see. If it happens, it happens. The only thing we can do is get vaccinated, boosted, and use therapeutics when needed.

Again, we had 1700 deaths yesterday. So let’s say we get delta cases thru january 15. We will have to deal with that damage for 6 weeks after that with people with serious disease. Then you add the peak of the flu. Then you add the peak of omicron as well which will cause many to be hospitalized. It’s a numbers thing. It’s going to be less deadly but it’s going to get to way more vulnerable people than delta.

I’m only worried about my dad, MIL and bro’s in-laws but I’m also irritated that many of my niece’s college bball games will be cancelled and AU. It sucks.

I’m referring to you saying in another thread that testing was unnecessary for people entering our country. That we already had covid in the country so there was no need to test.
Then you asked me if I got tested and said that we have the vaccine so no need for tests. And then called me a moron for even asking about testing folks entering our country.

Maybe that will refresh your memory. If not, I can provide several quotes of you mocking the thought of testing.

Oh my. We are about to have possibly a million cases a day and you’re worried about testing people coming in?

Oh my. We are about to have possibly a million cases a day and you’re worried about testing people coming in?
Is testing important or not? That’s all I’m asking. I’ve seen you take both sides in a matter of a few weeks.

Is being vaccinated important or not?

Im vaccinated and I’ve had the booster by the way so I’m not arguing against being vaccinated. You just seem to be for it for some folks and indifferent for others and I’m not sure why.

Is testing important or not? That’s all I’m asking. I’ve seen you take both sides in a matter of a few weeks.

Is being vaccinated important or not?

Im vaccinated and I’ve had the booster by the way so I’m not arguing against being vaccinated. You just seem to be for it for some folks and indifferent for others and I’m not sure why.

Testing when you have symptoms? Of course. Vaccinations matter most.

Again, we had 1700 deaths yesterday. So let’s say we get delta cases thru january 15. We will have to deal with that damage for 6 weeks after that with people with serious disease. Then you add the peak of the flu. Then you add the peak of omicron as well which will cause many to be hospitalized. It’s a numbers thing. It’s going to be less deadly but it’s going to get to way more vulnerable people than delta.

I’m only worried about my dad, MIL and bro’s in-laws but I’m also irritated that many of my niece’s college bball games will be cancelled and AU. It sucks.
You aren't following what I am saying. By January 15th, the percentage of COVID cases that are delta will be very small. When delta hit, the percentage of COVID cases that were delta went from about 2% to over 50% in about a month. Omicron is twice as infectious as delta. Omicron is going to eat delta for breakfast. You recognized this and commented on it multiple times on this forum back when delta was hitting so you should be able to follow this. By mid-January, the number of dangerous delta cases will be dwindling rather than growing. Rather than COVID hospitalizations peaking, it should be shrinking by then, assuming omicron is as mild as advertised so far. If it turns out to be fairly dangerous, then all bets are off.

I do understand the concern about the health of your dad and others. My mom still is not even vaccinated, much less boostered, so I well understand the concern. I wouldn't have even cared about getting a booster myself, but wanted to lower the risk of possibly spreading the virus to her or someone else who might spread it to her. Hopefully this omicron variant will be mild enough that it infects some of these folks like my mom without killing them so that they get the immunity they should be getting from the vax. As far as canceling games and events goes, we simply should not do that. If people refuse to take proper precautions, we need them getting infected so this thing will die. The sooner it gets endemic, the better off we all are.

You aren't following what I am saying. By January 15th, the percentage of COVID cases that are delta will be very small. When delta hit, the percentage of COVID cases that were delta went from about 2% to over 50% in about a month. Omicron is twice as infectious as delta. Omicron is going to eat delta for breakfast. You recognized this and commented on it multiple times on this forum back when delta was hitting so you should be able to follow this. By mid-January, the number of dangerous delta cases will be dwindling rather than growing. Rather than COVID hospitalizations peaking, it should be shrinking by then, assuming omicron is as mild as advertised so far. If it turns out to be fairly dangerous, then all bets are off.

I do understand the concern about the health of your dad and others. My mom still is not even vaccinated, much less boostered, so I well understand the concern. I wouldn't have even cared about getting a booster myself, but wanted to lower the risk of possibly spreading the virus to her or someone else who might spread it to her. Hopefully this omicron variant will be mild enough that it infects some of these folks like my mom without killing them so that they get the immunity they should be getting from the vax. As far as canceling games and events goes, we simply should not do that. If people refuse to take proper precautions, we need them getting infected so this thing will die. The sooner it gets endemic, the better off we all are.

I completely understand. It’s going to take over pretty fast. You’re underestimating the lag time after people get delta. If they are going into the hospital due to delta, that takes time. Then they can be in there for a while. People will still be in the hospital from delta as omicron takes over. Add the flu peak. Omicron is going to crowd the hospitals simply due to how many unprotected and unhealthy people it hits. I showed you the SA graph. That’s with a much younger population. You seem to blowing off the part of the graph showing deaths and hospitalizations going up. The good news is it’s going to be quick meaning maybe very low cases in March sometime (guessing).

On basketball, schools, businesses, etc, omicron is going to affect life more than delta did. It’s dumb but it will happen imo.

Flu was virtually nonexistent last year and Omicron has a low hospitalization rate and fAUck me why am I even responding to this dild?

The flu is here this year.

The hospitalization RATE is lower but you need to do the math. If it’s infecting 5 times more people but 5 times less severe, that evens out. Do you think this is fake news from South Africa?:

What do you think is going to happen with delta already killing 1300 a day when you add the peak of the flu plus maybe a million daily cases of omicron? Hospitals are already understaffed. I just hope it’s the end of it.
You really expect that many O cases daily? Surely that’s a worst case scenario? Expound please.

Why try to catch it though? There’s no reason to since we have vaccines and boosters. It’s going to burn out anyway whether me and you catch it so no reason to catch it. I got protected the easy way.
(3) customers and their wives, injected and with booster, at home now with "the covid". Hardly no symptoms but running noses and they've been locked away. Stupidest thing I ever seen.

I notice this has you really excited. You have been posting like a mad man.

You really expect that many O cases daily? Surely that’s a worst case scenario? Expound please.

It’s based on what’s happening in the UK. They just hit their all time high in cases and omicron just started. Pfizer only 40% effective. Reinfection 4-8 times higher than delta. So it’s not only a lot more contagious but it evades vaccines and natural immunity for cases but not severe disease. I think people are going to freak out soon like Cornell unfortunately. Pfizer booster 75% vs infection.

(3) customers and their wives, injected and with booster, at home now with "the covid". Hardly no symptoms but running noses and they've been locked away. Stupidest thing I ever seen.

I notice this has you really excited. You have been posting like a mad man.

Excited? You mean depressed. It’s depressing that many will suffer but also depressing that we will overreact.

I’m not sure what you think your customers should do. Are you saying they should be out and about spreading Covid?

No, I said you would get omicron. Never said anything about dying.
Stop lying. You said my natural immunity would not protect me against omicron and that I’d need the jab or my over 50 ass would possibly die.
Turns out the omicron gives ya the sniffles for a day and a half.
You libtardz are ate up with the dumbass over this vaccine horseschit. LOL!!!

Stop lying. You said my natural immunity would not protect me against omicron and that I’d need the jab or my over 50 ass would possibly die.
Turns out the omicron gives ya the sniffles for a day and a half.
You libtardz are ate up with the dumbass over this vaccine horseschit. LOL!!!

Nope. Never said anything about dying or even severe disease. Let’s hope it only gives the sniffles to those over 50. The graph from South Africa I posted above says different. More mild than delta but many here will die unfortunately just due to it hitting so many people.

No absolutely not...I don't want a runny nose. I think we should all just stay in the basement. It helps even more to get in the fetal position in a corner.

So that’s a yes. You want them to go out spreading Covid. Also, it’s highly likely it’s Delta which is deadly to many Americans. Sigh.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT