ADVERTISEMENT

Cornell University Shuts Down Campus

It’s going to be a bad winter though with overwhelmed hospitals. We have an older and more unhealthy population.
How can our population be so unhealthy, but yet be so old? While the healthier countries don't outlive us? Is it that the oldest generations were extremely healthy and lived longer than the extremely healthy younger generation? Serious questions.

Honest question. How does the school identify the "omicron" variant?
How do they detect the COVID-19 variant Omicron?

What tests are used to detect Omicron? Swabs from PCR tests, which are sent to a lab for analysis, detect whether people are infected with coronavirus or not. Depending on which lab the swabs are sent to, some can also help identify particular variants, such as Delta or Omicron.

Honest question. How does the school identify the "omicron" variant?

What tests are used to detect Omicron?​

Swabs from polymerase chain reaction (PCR) tests, which are sent to labs for analysis, can show if the variant causing the infection looks like Omicron, Delta or something else.
Between a third and a half of UK labs - but not all - have the required technology to detect suspected Omicron cases. That means some parts of the country may identify more Omicron cases more quickly.
Confirming that a suspected case is Omicron requires a full genetic analysis, which takes between four and five days.
PCR tests are the ones you can order free from the government website if you have symptoms, or buy from a private company if you need one for travel purposes. There are many different makes.

Reactions: Hornacious
That’s all you can do. No brainer for those over 40-50. I hope omicron ends this thing meaning it turns into the flu for everybody.
Hopefully you are correct. Low grade type flu and provide natural immunity from COVID which is 27X more effective long term than the vaccine.

Don’t care about mask arguments.

It's all interconnected. People are using cases as some scary metrics. If we're more immune through prior exposure, shots, and less virulent strains, why are people making public policy decisions (mask mandates, closing schools) based on cases alone? There has to be a better modeling then case load. Even you mentioned 1 million cases a week or whatever. Does that matter if we're more immune?

Reactions: Big Blue
Hopefully you are correct. Low grade type flu and provide natural immunity from COVID which is 27X more effective long term than the vaccine.

Lol. The 27x stuff was bs. Also, NI is getting run over by omicron. Booster is all that is working vs omicron on infection protection. Both NI and double vax will protect from severe disease for most though.

Heard we might see 1 million confirmed cases a day soon meaning it will be a lot more than 1 million in reality. The good news is anybody under 65 fully vaccinated and those with natural immunity under 65 should be fine. Those over 65 need to be boosted or recently vaccinated just in case.

michael-keaton-hand-job.gif

It's all interconnected. People are using cases as some scary metrics. If we're more immune through prior exposure, shots, and less virulent strains, why are people making public policy decisions (mask mandates, closing schools) based on cases alone? There has to be a better modeling then case load. Even you mentioned 1 million cases a week or whatever. Does that matter if we're more immune?

Nobody is saying close schools. I don’t care what some cities are doing on masks and neither should you unless you live in one.

Heard we might see 1 million confirmed cases a day soon meaning it will be a lot more than 1 million in reality. The good news is anybody under 65 fully vaccinated and those with natural immunity under 65 should be fine. Those over 65 need to be boosted or recently vaccinated just in case.
Well there has been one death worldwide, so we need to shut it all down.

It’s going to be a bad winter. Hospitals will be overwhelmed. Delta and the flu are already stressing hospitals before omicron. Ive been praying this would end since it started but yea, I want more people to lose parents to Covid. Derp.
What are the exact wordings of your prayers and when do you say your omicron prayers? Daily? Weekly? Several times a day or week?

Well there has been one death worldwide, so we need to shut it all down.

Look at my posts and try to find me even hinting at that or masks or whatever. I simply stated it will be a bad winter.

Reactions: RT
its not so much that "hospitals are full/near full" which they often are in the winter. its the policy changes/restrictions instituted as a result of what otherwise would be (to stump's point) a normal winter because we are generally a fat unhealthy aging population*

*not the bunker though, we are all 6'1 190 with 600k salaries
I make 612k tyvm.

What are the exact wordings of your prayers and when do you say your omicron prayers? Daily? Weekly? Several times a day or week?

When I cry thinking about my mom suffocating due to Covid, I sometimes pray that others won’t have to go thru that. Sometimes it’s once a week or sometimes two days in a row. I just never know when it is going to hit me. Better each month though.

Lol. The 27x stuff was bs. Also, NI is getting run over by omicron. Booster is all that is working vs omicron on infection protection. Both NI and double vax will protect from severe disease for most though.

“The power of natural immunity was recently affirmed in an Israeli study, which found a 6.7 times greater level of protection among those with natural immunity vs. those with vaccinated immunity,” he said.

In September, Makary shared that there are more than 15 studies that have demonstrated the power of immunity acquired by previously having the virus. He referenced Israel “found that those who had experienced prior infections were 27 times less likely to get a second symptomatic covid infection than those who were vaccinated.”

When I cry thinking about my mom suffocating due to Covid, I sometimes pray that others won’t have to go thru that. Sometimes it’s once a week or sometimes two days in a row. I just never know when it is going to hit me. Better each month though.
I cry about my grandmother that died in a hospital all alone despite the fact that she did not have covid. The policies of the scared hospital administration doomed her to a miserable isolated death that denied her the support of her family in her last hours.

“The power of natural immunity was recently affirmed in an Israeli study, which found a 6.7 times greater level of protection among those with natural immunity vs. those with vaccinated immunity,” he said.

In September, Makary shared that there are more than 15 studies that have demonstrated the power of immunity acquired by previously having the virus. He referenced Israel “found that those who had experienced prior infections were 27 times less likely to get a second symptomatic covid infection than those who were vaccinated.”

That’s two shots. Omicron is going right past natural Immunity and two shots. Only boosters offering 75% plus protection. All should offer protection vs severe disease though.

Omicron is many times more transmissible than the original COVID-19. However, based on studies of cases in South Africa, it resulted in almost no hospitalizations. So it is less like the flu and more like a cold. This is consistent with how viruses mutate. They mutate in the direction of being more transmissible and less deadly.
Actual facts

I cry about my grandmother that died in a hospital all alone despite the fact that she did not have covid. The policies of the scared hospital administration doomed her to a miserable isolated death that denied her the support of her family in her last hours.

That sucks. Did she raise you from day 1?

I just got my 5 diamond variant plus card…can’t wait for my 6 diamond plus plus rewards variant program!

You know we are e-frandz but saying it's going to be a bad winter is specifically predicting something.

What do you think is going to happen with delta already killing 1300 a day when you add the peak of the flu plus maybe a million daily cases of omicron? Hospitals are already understaffed. I just hope it’s the end of it.

Almost. Lived 1/8 of a mile from her and I was particularly close to her since my mom(her daughter) died at 28 years old when I was barely 2 years old.

I said that sucks but that’s just more reason to pray Covid gets less deadly. I’m sorry you were offended that I prayed it would end.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT