Do you have or have you had Covid-19?

• Yes, I have had Covid 19

Votes: 244 30.2%
  • No, I have never had Covid 19

Votes: 403 49.8%
  • Maybe, Had symptoms but never got tested

Votes: 162 20.0%

• Total voters
Haven't been able to taste or smell shit for 8 days now. I could literally gargle cat piss.
It’s the worst. So tired of eating tasteless slop. 5 straight days of fever for me. No taste, no smell, aches, chills, little bit of a cough. Hope to turn the corner soon

Reactions: OrigAUgirl
Haven't been able to taste or smell shit for 8 days now. I could literally gargle cat piss.

Have you tried to taste or smell anything other than shit?

I kid, I kid. Sounds terrible. I've got some close friends in the same boat, and they have resorted to trying tik tok challenges to regain taste and smell. They're 40+ and doing tik tok challenges, so I think that speaks to the level of disparity in not having taste and smell.

Have you tried to taste or smell anything other than shit?

I kid, I kid. Sounds terrible. I've got some close friends in the same boat, and they have resorted to trying tik tok challenges to regain taste and smell. They're 40+ and doing tik tok challenges, so I think that speaks to the level of disparity in not having taste and smell.

I can taste sour and salt, on the very edge / sides of my tongue, as of 2 days ago. I can blow out a match and stick it to my nostrils and suck in smoke, nothing.

I've learned as someone who enjoys cooking, how important texture is to the food experience.

Reactions: RT
Are they differentiating between COVID and the flu in these test? At one point we were using PIC test in Alabama, so you were testing positive for one of multiple viruses while being labeled as COVID positive. I’m wondering if that has anything to do with the variety of symptoms, even though the variant may be small. Seasonal flu numbers are down per the CDC, so is COVID overtaking the numbers or are we using a broad test and diagnosing incorrectly? Just curious, it may not matter as treatment seems to be similar for COVID and the flu.

They tested me for both Flu and Covid. Both came back negative. The Covid rapid test showed negative but Doc didn’t believe it bc of my symptoms so they did the PCR (touch your brain swab) and it came back positive a few days later.

Just found out some older friends lost their son this morning to Covid. He was 41 and a farmer. A little heavy, but that's all I know that could be co-morbidity. Left behind 3 kids under 12. I can't believe it. He was in SC.

• Wow
Reactions: tigers3014 and DM8
Seems like everyone has it these days. Let’s see how much of the bunker has had it. You can change your vote if you contract it after voting no.
I may be an anomaly or I may just be an asymptomatic case. I’ve been exposed at least 10 times, one of which was by my wife who had it a full week before she even tested. I have swabbed 6 times and never come back positive. Haven’t had the antibodies test, so I genuinely have no idea if I’ve had it or not.

Just found out some older friends lost their son this morning to Covid. He was 41 and a farmer. A little heavy, but that's all I know that could be co-morbidity. Left behind 3 kids under 12. I can't believe it. He was in SC.
Damn, that's is awful. About 70% of Americans fall into the category of being at least a little heavy so that highlights why the preexisting condition downplayer narrative has always been nonsense. The Mayor of Birmingham is 39, in shape and was hospitalized last night with COVID so this can hit literally anyone hard.

First time mild flulike with mono-like fatigue after, second time (first time tested) barely noticeable, and third time initially same as the first, but left me weaker and pneumonia tagged in.

Bruh, quit licking handrails everywhere you go!

Seriously though, where have you contracted it? I tested positive back in July and then my wife (and her entire family) tested positive right before Christmas. I didn't get tested this time around but I did have some extremely mild symptoms, so I likely have had it twice. Not anything like the first time symptoms, but minor headache and body aches for a day or two.

Are they differentiating between COVID and the flu in these test? At one point we were using PIC test in Alabama, so you were testing positive for one of multiple viruses while being labeled as COVID positive. I’m wondering if that has anything to do with the variety of symptoms, even though the variant may be small. Seasonal flu numbers are down per the CDC, so is COVID overtaking the numbers or are we using a broad test and diagnosing incorrectly? Just curious, it may not matter as treatment seems to be similar for COVID and the flu.
The narrative that COVID cases are really just the flu is baseless. COVID hit last spring right as the seasonal flu season was winding down. Flu cases always drop off rapidly in the spring with low numbers over the summer and into the fall. Flu season last year didn't start to hit in significant numbers across most of the US until December or even into January. The symptoms of COVID in cases that require hospitalization are not similar to the seasonal flu so this is not just a case of doctors being confused about what they are facing.

Damn, that's is awful. About 70% of Americans fall into the category of being at least a little heavy so that highlights why the preexisting condition downplayer narrative has always been nonsense. The Mayor of Birmingham is 39, in shape and was hospitalized last night with COVID so this can hit literally anyone hard.

what do you mean it's nonsense? you basically only said that more people fall into the category of having pre-existing issues with that statement...that doesn't make it nonsense.

we have no clue what the mayor of birmingham's health status is...in shape doesn't mean you don't have other issues at play. lot of assumption there. also, he has COVID pneumonia

Just tested positive for it yesterday, damnit. I thought I was gonna make it through, but it finally caught up to me. Went to Gatlinburg with the in-laws and stayed in a huge cabin with 9 others - so far 5 of us have tested positive for it (all 5 that have gone to test). That's what I get for hanging out with the bammers. It's kind of rough right now - feels like the flu. Sore, achy and tired all the time, a moderate cough, fever and a headache that comes and goes (my migraine meds have done a good job keeping that in check). As a 47 year old, I still consider myself to be fairly young and in good shape, but I do know of folks my age that have been fine one day and dropped dead the next, so I guess I'm taking it serious. I am concerned about my wife's parents, who tested positive and are in their 70's.

my girlfriend and I rented an AirBnB between Helen & Clarkesville for 4 days...pretty much quarantined without even trying to.

sorry to hear the outcome of your trip...hopefully everyone gets through it ok

Wife and I had it in September, she coughed for a day and lost taste and smell and that was about it for her. Mine was never terrible but the lingering symptoms lasted about 10 days. Worst part was the brain fog for a couple weeks after, just felt weird almost like being on medicine or something that makes you feel not right in the head. But once that passed no problems since. Did have a neighbor who had it, he is 36 and ended up in the hospital for like 7 days, he was not overweight and a former college baseball player so was in decent shape. He is fine now but it's weird how some people it really hits hard.

Well, my colonoscopy scheduled on 1/12 just got cancelled. All elective surgeries at Piedmont Newnan (GA) have been cancelled because they are over run with Covid patients. No beds, treating Covid patients in hallways and ambulances.

I’be been hospitalized 5 times in the past 10 months, including stays at a local physical rehab facility for recovery. Neither time was COVID related but I did have to get tested. I was negative each time.

I had group PT & OT with a woman who had COVID and had been in a coma for two months before coming to Lakeshore. She was in pretty rough physical shape. I left before she did so I don’t know how her recovery turned out. I think about her quite often.

• Sad
Haven't had it yet unless I had a mild case the last week of February before they were testing. I had team members in from Japan and all over Europe, and one of my closest friends from UK rode everywhere with me that week. She felt very bad with horrible cough after she arrived in birmingham the weekend before our event. I felt pretty bad a few days after she left and my husband a few days after me, but there were no tests at that time and no one was even sure it was in Alabama. Since then, have been as careful as I can be due to my reactive airway disease... daughter has it as well. So we DO NOT WANT. I HAVE had scary bronchitis during this time though and months later have a mild cough particularly after exercise. I take D3 and zinc every day along with my normal supplements (already took D3 regularly)
Had the same thing happen at around the same time. Did not get tested at the time because nobody really knew what it was, and no tests were available anyway. But I was sick as fauck for 3 days with a fever, GI symptoms, and chest pain/back pain, but not shortness of breath. Basically I exhibited all symptoms in the Covid profile except for the breathing issues. Lucky. My brother, who is a hospital pharm, just came off quarantine, and had virtually zero symptoms along with his son. Very lucky.

Well, my colonoscopy scheduled on 1/12 just got cancelled. All elective surgeries at Piedmont Newnan (GA) have been cancelled because they are over run with Covid patients. No beds, treating Covid patients in hallways and ambulances.
Hahaha mine too. Schelly for tomorrow. Dale County AL.

Had the same thing happen at around the same time. Did not get tested at the time because nobody really knew what it was, and no tests were available anyway. But I was sick as fauck for 3 days with a fever, GI symptoms, and chest pain/back pain, but not shortness of breath. Basically I exhibited all symptoms in the Covid profile except for the breathing issues. Lucky. My brother, who is a hospital pharm, just came off quarantine, and had virtually zero symptoms along with his son. Very lucky.
glad you came through it ok just like me. Who even knows what was going on back in that timeframe... Also glad your brother and his son came through easy.

I’be been hospitalized 5 times in the past 10 months, including stays at a local physical rehab facility for recovery. Neither time was COVID related but I did have to get tested. I was negative each time.

I had group PT & OT with a woman who had COVID and had been in a coma for two months before coming to Lakeshore. She was in pretty rough physical shape. I left before she did so I don’t know how her recovery turned out. I think about her quite often.
hope she made it. Are you doing better now?

Reactions: DM8
I may be an anomaly or I may just be an asymptomatic case. I’ve been exposed at least 10 times, one of which was by my wife who had it a full week before she even tested. I have swabbed 6 times and never come back positive. Haven’t had the antibodies test, so I genuinely have no idea if I’ve had it or not.
You should select “have not had it”. Glad you have not gotten it!

My son tested positive yesterday. I’m waiting on a doctors parking lot now for my turn to come in and get tested. I think I have a cold but with my son being positive I need to make sure.

• Wow
Bruh, quit licking handrails everywhere you go!

Seriously though, where have you contracted it? I tested positive back in July and then my wife (and her entire family) tested positive right before Christmas. I didn't get tested this time around but I did have some extremely mild symptoms, so I likely have had it twice. Not anything like the first time symptoms, but minor headache and body aches for a day or two.

Not sure. In July my public exposures were generally very limited. I haven’t yet started going back out to eat or anything like that. I did make some visits to retail stores and the post office, but always observed masking, distancing, hand washing, etc.

The November exposure was perfectly timed to a night out with friends that featured dining out and having a few drinks on a patio at a bar (separated from other patrons, but potential exposure walking through the bar, always masked away from tables). However, I was the only one out of the 7 friends to get it, so it seems unlikely. All others tested negative, and in some cases did so twice.

I do live in a condo building in Midtown Atlanta in a tower with ~300 other residents. Any trip to a mailbox, package room, or my car does expose me to contained spaces where several others have been in the last few hours. Even wearing masks, it’s inevitable there will be droplets hanging around, and there’s still plenty of commonly touched surfaces with door handles and elevator buttons.

It’s definitely a better time to live in a suburban if not semi-rural environment. We never thought before this how much we (in cities) have common air and surfaces, but as compared to where my parents live (10 rural acres east of Montgomery), it’s an entirely different environment. I think our cities (whether NY, Atlanta, or wherever) actually deserve a ton of credit for containing this as well as they have. It takes a completely different level of taking it seriously (and I’m talking about the individuals living in them—not governments) to keep each other safe here than it does in less urban areas.

Hanging in there. I’ve got multiple chronic medical conditions, including transverse myelitis and congestive heart failure, so it’s a battle. I don’t want to add COVID to the list,

i understand! Take care.

My son tested positive yesterday. I’m waiting on a doctors parking lot now for my turn to come in and get tested. I think I have a cold but with my son being positive I need to make sure.
prayers it's not Covid! And that your son comes through it quick. I know he's young and strong, but all those transports he does are so much exposure. Let us know, ok?

The narrative that COVID cases are really just the flu is baseless. COVID hit last spring right as the seasonal flu season was winding down. Flu cases always drop off rapidly in the spring with low numbers over the summer and into the fall. Flu season last year didn't start to hit in significant numbers across most of the US until December or even into January. The symptoms of COVID in cases that require hospitalization are not similar to the seasonal flu so this is not just a case of doctors being confused about what they are facing.

Thanks, but this didn’t help. I’m not trying to argue, but discussing some testing concerns that I’ve discussed with my neighbor (epidemiologist). I’m strictly discussing AL as well as we’ve handled this pretty poorly. I’m not discussing last spring or summer or hospitalizations either. Purely discussing how some testing has been done and the variety of symptoms and case variations.

prayers it's not Covid! And that your son comes through it quick. I know he's young and strong, but all those transports he does are so much exposure. Let us know, ok?
I waited in the parking lot for 3 hours. Just got swabbed for flu and covid. Will know in 15 minutes.

If I had to guess I’d guess that my son got it from medical runs he makes with the fire department. His UAB job does put him in contact with many Covid patients but they gear up much better on that job than they do as firefighters dealing with folks at accident scenes and medical calls. They know who has covid at UAB but they seldom know at the fire department.

I think I just have a cold but I’ll find out soon.

I waited in the parking lot for 3 hours. Just got swabbed for flu and covid. Will know in 15 minutes.

If I had to guess I’d guess that my son got it from medical runs he makes with the fire department. His UAB job does put him in contact with many Covid patients but they gear up much better on that job than they do as firefighters dealing with folks at accident scenes and medical calls. They know who has covid at UAB but they seldom know at the fire department.

I think I just have a cold but I’ll find out soon.
It seems to be hitting the EMS service pretty hard right now. I am retired and several of my former coworkers are positive right now. I hope you and your sons symptoms are as mild as theirs and mine was. I’ll add you to our prayer list and be thinking about your son and his coworkers. They are the true hero’s during this mess

Reactions: Jackson68
It seems to be hitting the EMS service pretty hard right now. I am retired and several of my former coworkers are positive right now. I hope you and your sons symptoms are as mild as theirs and mine was. I’ll add you to our prayer list and be thinking about your son and his coworkers. They are the true hero’s during this mess
Thank you. They truly are hero’s and I’d say that even if my son was not doing what he does.

He feels bad right now and apologized for getting me sick. I don’t know that I caught it from him and wouldn’t blame him if I did. Thank God we have people who get out and do what y’all do.

Reactions: Joesalf
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT