Votes: 403 49.8%
  • Maybe, Had symptoms but never got tested

Votes: 162 20.0%

• Total voters

demeat

First Round Draft Pick
Gold Member
Feb 4, 2004
Seems like everyone has it these days. Let’s see how much of the bunker has had it. You can change your vote if you contract it after voting no.

Dang, the haves it off to a fast start!!

Been lucky and haven't gotten it. Cancelled a MD appointment I had this week because I was scheduled for a couple tests and would've had to be traipsing all over the medical center and it's at record numbers of patients with the virus.

Last edited:
Been lucky and haven't gotten it. Cancelled a MD appointment I had this week because I was scheduled for a couple tests and would've had to be trapesing all over the medical center and it's at record numbers of patients with the virus.

I have been lucky too. It takes some luck I think.

Damn, the have nots have fallen to less than 50%

50/50 is strong. Damn high case rate!

I deserve my own category here for having it 3 times. The COVID platinum board.

• Wow
Reactions: demeat
I’ve had 7 negative tests. 3 months ago I got sick in a bad way. I had fluid between my diaphragm and lungs, and blood clots in my left lung. I coughed up blood for three weeks. I swear there are as many false positives as false negatives. I was around 5 people that tested positive after my ordeal. I didn’t catch shit. This is all a bunch of horseshoes.

I’ve had 7 negative tests. 3 months ago I got sick in a bad way. I had fluid between my diaphragm and lungs, and blood clots in my left lung. I coughed up blood for three weeks. I swear there are as many false positives as false negatives. I was around 5 people that tested positive after my ordeal. I didn’t catch shit. This is all a bunch of horseshoes.

Probably because you had antibodies.

I had pneumonia as well. Fun stuff

The acute COVID infection isn’t what’s really getting people. It’s the pneumonia and other conditions that lag ~10 days behind. I don’t totally get the science on it, because my PCP assumed it had to be a bacterial “superinfection,” but the CT scan I had identified it (6.5 weeks later) as viral pneumonia, which I assume would mean it’s still COVID?

But that’s how viruses work. H1N1 and HIV don’t usually kill people directly—they impair immunity, and most people who don’t make it experience severe pneumonia or other similar conditions.

Reactions: Bob Mapplethorpe
I can feel the fluids building back up in my left lung now. This shit lingers like nothing I’ve ever seen. Going back to the doc tomorrow. I have a good friend in ICU, and he first got it right after thanksgiving. Certain things just seem to linger with this mess.

Stay on your stomach bro. Trust me on that one.

It seems to have a mind it's own. I had it, but never tested. I lost taste and smell around the 6th day. Never had a fever. Just a lil sniffle. Mild fatigue

Reactions: Bob Mapplethorpe
did you have enough energy to rub one out?

tenor.gif

For whatever reason it has blown up where I live. Half my immediate family has gotten it. Think goodness we were all ok. I have had two neighbors pass way from it along with the preacher at the church I grew up in

• Sad
Reactions: OrigAUgirl
For whatever reason it has blown up where I live. Half my immediate family has gotten it. Think goodness we were all ok. I have had two neighbors pass way from it along with the preacher at the church I grew up in

sorry for your losses! Damnit!

sorry for your losses! Damnit!
Thanks, it’s weird how it affects people differently. When I had it I had about all of the typical symptoms but at different times. Smell was last thing to come back. Didn’t feel good but never felt terrible, the wife felt worse and was puking and lost smell.

Reactions: demeat
My wife and I were both sick last January with covid-like symptoms after returning from travel in South America via Mexico City and Tijuana airports, but we never got tested, so I am not sure if I've had it or not. Half my family (Dothan area) is currently battling it -- Mom, cousins, aunts, uncles and both grandparents. Both grandparents currently in the hospital, and grandfather just developed pneumonia :(

My wife and I were both sick last January with covid-like symptoms after returning from travel in South America via Mexico City and Tijuana airports, but we never got tested, so I am not sure if I've had it or not. Half my family (Dothan area) is currently battling it -- Mom, cousins, aunts, uncles and both grandparents. Both grandparents currently in the hospital, and grandfather just developed pneumonia :(
Hope your family is ok. It’s hard on the elderly and those with other health issues. It seems that my prayer list grows everyday.

Are they differentiating between COVID and the flu in these test? At one point we were using PIC test in Alabama, so you were testing positive for one of multiple viruses while being labeled as COVID positive. I’m wondering if that has anything to do with the variety of symptoms, even though the variant may be small. Seasonal flu numbers are down per the CDC, so is COVID overtaking the numbers or are we using a broad test and diagnosing incorrectly? Just curious, it may not matter as treatment seems to be similar for COVID and the flu.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT