ADVERTISEMENT

ABC News: no sign of increases in any state that reopened

And I said flu was .08% to .1%. That’s 4-5 times more deadly. Also, this is an early estimate.

Under 50 estimate for COVID by the CDC I think was around .03%? Overall .26, which is more deadly overall than flu, certainly less deadly to younger populations, and nowhere near the 1.3% DM8 quoted me just yesterday.

More to argue about:

In addition to providing various rates of hospitalizations and infections, the CDC gave new estimates of the total fatality rate of the virus, ranging from about 0.1% (its least deadly scenario) to 0.8% (its deadliest scenario). The agency also cited a “best estimate” of 0.26%.

While no one yet knows the coronavirus’s actual death rate, the agency’s range of possible rates seemed alarmingly low to many epidemiologists, compared to existing data in places both inside and outside the US. For instance, estimates of New York City’s total death rate, 0.86% to 0.93%, are even higher than the CDC’s worst-case scenario. Estimates from countries like Spain and Italy are also higher, ranging from 1.1% to 1.3%

Can't wait to hear the science deniers response to this....

Which part. Your first or last sentence?
You are wasting your time. He is saying that if we had just social distanced from the beginning none of this would have ever got bad. That is why we can have the population out and around and no increase in deaths.

Reactions: Jim in Scranton
Amesh Adalja, an infectious disease researcher at the Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security, the CDC’s best-guess death rate seemed right around where he would expect.

“I don’t have a problem with that number,” he said, adding, “The more we look, the more we’re finding patients that have antibodies, that don’t recall illness, and people who have very mild illness and are not getting tested.”

The coronavirus is not equally deadly to everyone everywhere. Infection fatality rates vary with many factors, from location to population density to age to healthcare availability.

Last edited:
Most are still social distancing. Why should there be a dramatic increase? All opening up early has done is add constant death over the next few months. It’s not going to increase. The massive deaths in April were due to no social distancing in most of March. I expect we will flat line to around 500 deaths a day or close to that.
@stumpy if you would get out and about, you would realize nobody is staying 6 feet away from each other. Beaches, lakes and pools are packed. Been at the gym for 2 weeks (it’s packed), got a haircut, been to the local bar a few times etc. Went to a going away party with about 15 others for a friend that is moving to New York. We didn’t wear muzzles and hugged on our way out. If we get it, we get it living life and won’t die.

@stumpy if you would get out and about, you would realize nobody is staying 6 feet away from each other. Been at the gym for 2 weeks (it’s packed), got a haircut, been to the local bar a few times etc. Went to a going away party with about 15 others for a friend that is moving to New York. We didn’t wear muzzles and hugged on our way out. If we get it, we get it living life and won’t die.
But, but, but this is 5 times deadlier than the flu! Don't you realize that gives you only a...............checks Dr. Stumpy's posts again............99.5% chance of survival IF you get the virus. If you don't live in a nursing home, I would think your odds are slightly better, but I'll defer to the experts on that one.

Reactions: Powerman26
QUOTE="Tiger_Style, post: 7757155, member: 446"]Finally some honest reporting.

[/QUOTE
@00aubie is this what hell to pay looks like?

Looks like this haircutbro is still rustled. I’m honored.

Yore tweet notwithstanding, we don’t have enough data to know whether we are going to see spikes in areas and the potential economic impacts of such.

I realize that you yokels fancy yourselves as amateur epidemiologists trained by Dr. Clay Travis and have declared this event over as it was too inconvenient... but to think that we are close to having concrete answers as to what the future holds is folly.

Reactions: gary-7
@stumpy if you would get out and about, you would realize nobody is staying 6 feet away from each other. Beaches, lakes and pools are packed. Been at the gym for 2 weeks (it’s packed), got a haircut, been to the local bar a few times etc. Went to a going away party with about 15 others for a friend that is moving to New York. We didn’t wear muzzles and hugged on our way out. If we get it, we get it living life and won’t die.

I am going to say I doubt you get it. The thing is you might not even now if you have gotten it.

The response you will get from the idiots is 100,000 deaths and they have no clue how many people die daily in the US. 7,500 per day. 650,000 died of heart related disease last year alone. The thing is they are building up a crisis now that was not what was there when we started. They said do not overflow the healthcare. Not it is 100,000. deaths. Just childish.

I lol every time I see "them" referred to as the "Death Bros" or "Corona Bros". "Death Bros" really tickles me.

giphy.gif
He's such a bad actor lolol

Yore tweet notwithstanding, we don’t have enough data to know whether we are going to see spikes in areas and the potential economic impacts of such.

I realize that you yokels fancy yourselves as amateur epidemiologists trained by Dr. Clay Travis and have declared this event over as it was too inconvenient... but to think that we are close to having concrete answers as to what the future holds is folly.
Millions upon millions of working class people having their lives ruined and your type deems it “inconvenient.” Let them eat cake!

Millions upon millions of working class people having their lives ruined and your type deems it “inconvenient.” Let them eat cake!

And here we are on 5/29... consumer confidence remains in the toilet as we are faced with countless unknowns.

Perhaps this month could have been put to better use and laid the foundation for a stronger, long-term economic recovery.

But, you studs had to get your hair done up pretty, so we’ll never really know.

Reactions: MCTIGgER IV
And here we are on 5/29... consumer confidence remains in the toilet as we are faced with countless unknowns.

Perhaps this month could have been put to better use and laid the foundation for a stronger, long-term economic recovery.

The irony of this post.

This was about ABC News' findings. Why are you bringing up Clay Travis? It is amazing to me that you all don't have the brain power to think past extremes or find positions in the gray area.

Someone who is upset because 40 million out of work in a matter of weeks, you distill them down to people are mad they want liberty for a haircut - well then you are incapable of honest debate. The majority of people want to work for a living - and most the data says them doing so adds no additional risk at this time.

Indoctrination bro’s struggling to read this morning. Here is the tweet from ABC news again.

Reactions: Hornacious
This was about ABC News' findings. Why are you bringing up Clay Travis? It is amazing to me that you all don't have the brain power to think past extremes or find positions in the gray area.

Someone who is upset because 40 million out of work in a matter of weeks, you
distill them down to people are mad they want liberty for a haircut - well then you are incapable of honest debate. The majority of people want to work for a living - and most the data says them doing so adds no additional risk at this time.

I’m stating that we don’t have sufficient data while you pretend to already know everything. Then, you want to discuss “thinking past extremes?” Come on.

You boys have been getting a good chuckle out of telling people that they are “rooting for the virus” for a while now, but you want to feign some butthurt over the haircut retort? You want to support that trash and then lecture me on “honest debates?” Again, come on.

Everybody here is disheartened by the economic situation. Consumer confidence and the economy don’t just magically rebound because you boys have declared this over. I wish it were that easy.

Indoctrination bro’s struggling to read this morning. Here is the tweet from ABC news again.

Here’s a tip, Supercuts... When you have to regurgitate someone else’s tweet in lieu of an actual response to my comments, you should do yourself a favor and refrain from implying that anybody else is “indoctrinated.”

If you aren’t big enough to actually participate in a discussion and use your own words, don’t tag me when I’m minding my own business.

Here’s a tip, Supercuts... When you have to regurgitate someone else’s tweet in lieu of an actual response to my comments, you should do yourself a favor and refrain from implying that anybody else is “indoctrinated.”

If you aren’t big enough to actually participate in a discussion and use your own words, don’t tag me when I’m minding my own business.
A month in (that’s 2, 2 week cycles) data shows opening up has not resulted in an increase in hospitalizations, positive infections, deaths or hell to pay. Should be something for all to be excited about.

A month in (that’s 2, 2 week cycles) data shows opening up has not resulted in an increase in hospitalizations, positive infections, deaths or hell to pay. Should be something for all to be excited about.

Good news in May is largely a result of all of our sacrifices made in April.

And while we have a great number of unknowns, we can only hope that trend continues.

Reactions: Powerman26

Nothing better than calling people "haircutbros" because they are genuinely concerned about what the extended lockdown has done to the economy, the tens of millions of people that have lost their jobs, people that can't get the medical care they need, or the repercussions that we can't even fathom right now for kids that have been locked inside for three months.

But to you dolts, it's about us wanting to get haircuts. Pretty pathetic.

Nothing better than calling people "haircutbros"

Its the way to minimize your feelings on the subject. You want to get back to out of the house because its your livelihood, your quality of life improves, and also your health. They make fun of you for your haircut, making fun of the restaurants you eat at, going out with your family and having a normal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT